Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: intel

If I learn how to use Word, will I be able to use the Windows or PC Version if I need to in the future for a job?

The principles are largely the same; however, as of Office 2007
(Windows)/Office 2008 (Mac), there have been significant differences not
only as far as the interface is concerned, but also the functionality in
general. Word 2007 on Windows offers far more features than the Mac version,
and, depending on your needs, this is the version you should get. However,
to give you an adequate answer, we would need to know what exactly your
requirements are/will be.

On 13/03/08 6:53, in article ee93ad7.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)
3/13/2008 9:46:46 AM
If you learn to use it "Well", yes :-)

Word PC is a larger and more complex version of Word:Mac :-)

Cheers

On 13/3/08 3:23 PM, in article ee93ad7.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"californiablonde2008@officeformac.com"
<californiablonde2008@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: intel
>
> If I learn how to use Word, will I be able to use the Windows or PC Version if
> I need to in the future for a job?

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

Word 2004 formatting
For some reason Word now opens my documents in a defined space in the center of my monitor. I can enlarge the image (ie, 150%) but the defined space doesn't change size so I lose text. Changing from Normal, to Page Layout, etc doesn't fix the problem. What's wrong and how do I fix it? Many thanks! Jim When you hit the green button in the top left, what happens? When you drag the bottom right corner, what happens? On 18/2/07 1:28 PM, in article 1171765694.927622.224610@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com, "jb_powell@qwest.net" <jb_powell@qwest.net> wrote: > For som...

Cant send email through SMTP (post Office s003 SP1)
I have recently installed Office 2003 SP1 - I'm not sure if this is the problem; I've only just noticed the problem, so can't guarantee that SP1 is the cause. I have multiple accounts configure in Outlook at both home and work. Up until recently, all the accounts on my work machine worked fine; they included one exchange account and several pop3/smtp accounts. My Exchange account still works fine. My yahoo accounts still appear to work. But 3 other account with 3 different mail servers cant send outgoing mail. The problem went unnoticed for a while because when I sent an email fr...

How do I change a flyer (word document) into a picture?
I created a flyer and I want to change it into a picture so I can upload it as a picture on facebook. How do I change the 2007 word document into a picture? This newsgroup is for Microsoft Project, a planning and scheduling application. Questions about Microsoft Word, should be published to the Word newsgroup. To address your question, try using File/Save As... and select type PDF. If the document must be an image format (such as BMP, JPG, GIG, etc) you will probably need some screen capture software such as Snag-It or the clipping tool available with Windows Vista and later. ...

Upload Form From MS word 2000
If there is anyone ot there that can help me out with this issue, I would be eternally greatful. I have created a form in ms word and I need this form added to my Website. There's only one problem. . . . I haven't the darndest idea as how to upload the stinking form!!!!!! In Desperate Times, Karl D. Ross Address this question to a word newsgroup or a html ng, not to the Microsoft CRM ng. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Karl D. Ross" <diamondross1@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1fc301c352fc$9...

matching words
i have data in column A of words i want to know if it is already with column B, the problem is column A does not have the exact word and i used Vlookup and it shows #NA value on column C. help please......... Please give us some examples of "does not have the exact word" Also tell us what you VLOOKUP formula is. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "xander" <xander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5395046-9E8C-4DAD-B059-CD3093D8238C@microsoft.com... >i have data in colu...

Reinstalling windows/office
I have Office 2007, and have insalled it on 3 computers, which is all it allows. If I erase everything, and reinstall Windows, will I be able to install Office again? Is there something that tells the Office program that this is the same computer, and that it's just being REinstalled? Presumably thats Office H&S since thats the only version licensed for 3 family PC's If thats the case the licence is for 3 working PC's, if neccessary use phone activation. There is no de-activation process "RoCa" <RoCa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

New "Card Vault" retrieves card numbers in version 1.3
We have released a very useful application that I feel anyone could benefit from. With version 1.3 the credit cards are all masked, there is no way around this. They are also deleted from the batch table after the settlement so they cannot be retrieved at a future time. Before version 1.2 if there was a problem settling the batch you could just change the status in the visanetauthorization table and re-batch, this is not possible with version 1.3. If this ever happens with the new version you have to call the bank and they hopefully have the credit card number, you then have to re-ring in a tr...

Selective Out Of Office Reply #2
Is there a way to configure the ooo reply so it send different messages depending on the sender No, use Wizard Rules to create a custom reply for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Leon" <greg_wikle@balinet.com> wrote in message news:O3QiWKMcEHA.2660@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to configure the ooo reply so it send different messages > depending on the sender > > ...

Money for Pocket PC
When does MS expect to have an update to allow this to run in Windows Mobile/Pocket PC 2003? Any ideas? Thanks! Vern Good question - I'll see what I can find out. -- Michael Gordon - MVP "Vern" <vgill@thegillfamily.us> wrote in message news:052801c34775$ebec1810$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When does MS expect to have an update to allow this to run > in Windows Mobile/Pocket PC 2003? > > Any ideas? > > Thanks! > Vern Check out this thread (it works!): http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82240 "Michael Gordon" &...

Business portal for Great Plains Version 8.0
is their Business portal is available for great plains version 8.0? Yes 2.5 or 2.7. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Fahim AmirAli" wrote: > is their Business portal is available for great plains version 8.0? ...

moeny 05 and pocket pc
Can you use an older version of pocket pc money with the new money 05. I downloaded pocket money yesterday but my Microsoft activesync (Dell axim-30) box does not have a place to check so i can synchronize my money. when I down-loaded the one for pocket pc, it said I do not have a active money installed on my desktop. I don't understand!!!! anyone help? No, you will need the new client, which is expected to appear soon. -- Michael Gordon MVP "iburnvx" <iburnvx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F730248D-C851-4E9A-A537-BB23DFB0E2AB@microsoft.com... &g...

word doc lost all changes

How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file?
How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to combine all data into one file under word. Hi the easiest way would be copy and paste? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel to Word transfer" <Excel to Word transfer@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:78E2302D-3EC5-4B69-8DEF-524411297288@microsoft.com... > How do I move/merge an Excel file to an existing MS Word file? I want to > combine all data into one file under word. ...

Insert Word into Excel or vice versa
I have information in an excel spreadsheet that I use to collate data and then I want to be able to present this data and add to it with different paragraphs manually. The end result I am tryin to achieve is: information from excel free text paragraphs of word information from excel This can be either in excel or in word, I just want to make it work. I have it set up now in excel so that I have cells to type in, but excel is hard to manage the paragraphs and formats that I want. One idea I had was to mail merge from excel to word, but the data is all over the show so not under normal h...

Office 2010, some e-mail will not send
While sending a number of e-mails, a good number of them will not send, blocks all other sends. Outlook 2010 does not offer any error. outlook 2010 x86, Win 7 x86. -- Art what type of account? is there any similarities between the stuck messages? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EAS...

Hang in OleLockRunning: Office Automation
Hi All, We have a OLE container implemented in our C++ application which allow one to open/edit/save office files. But with the "PowerPoint 2007 Security Update for Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 (KB957789)" the following call hangs while closing the OLE container. // Code snippet pointerToOleObject->Close(OLECLOSE_NOSAVE); pointerToOleObject->SetClientSite(NULL); pointerToOleObject->Unadvise(adviseTok); OleLockRunning(pointerToOleObject, FALSE, FALSE); // This line hangs pointerToOleObject->Release(); ...... If we kill POWERPNT.exe from ta...

Access Version and "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter"
HiI know that you can use DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter only inAccess Version XP and Higher.So I have created following code:If sAccVersion => "10.0" Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitter Else MsgBox "........" Exit SubEnd IfSome users user Acc2000 and some XP.The users with Acc2000 have of course problems with the lines of code above,because Acc2000 can not read:DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDatabaseSplitterSo my question is:Is it possible to use acCmdDatabaseSplitter in my code without gettingproblems with the users who use Acc2000.Thanks for the hel...

I have a graph paper on my page when I open microsoft word
I cannot find the 'draw' command on the non existant tool bar on microsoft word 2007 hence I cannot find the 'grid' to turn off to get these lines off my page. Help! View Tab>Show/Hide Group>Gridlines. maritime.chic wrote: > I cannot find the 'draw' command on the non existant tool bar on > microsoft word 2007 hence I cannot find the 'grid' to turn off to get > these lines off my page. Help! It's on the ribbon, but on a tab that's available only when a shape is selected. Go to the Insert tab and insert anything fro...

Install Beta over latest German version?
Hello, I really would like to test the new beta. Is it possible to install it over the current installed German version? Will I be able to install the final German version over this beta so I get back the German interface? Thanks & and best regards I have almost the same question - i originally had Windows7-ultimate English, then installed the German language pack, then installed Windows Live (and WLM which "thought automatically" that it should be German). Now i also wonder what actually happens if i install the beta. Or rather wait until Windows Update ...

Office 08 works only for one user
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I have installed Office 08 home and student edition. While logged under the admin user everything works fine but when I log into the other user ID Word will not work properly. It open with some weird layout and everytime you move the window it drags and copies itself...very odd. The other programs, excel, ppt, etc seem to work fine on both user log ins but not word. I have tried reinstalling it 3 times to reach the same result. Please help. First & Foremost: Reinstalling complex apps such as Office is *never* the first step to co...

vCalender version conflict?
Hi. I've got a problem with different versions of Outlook. One of the clients, Outlook 2002/XP is sending out apointments from the calender, but this is not showing correctly on another client, which is an Outlook 2000 client. The entire 'e-mail' are just showing the code, and Outlook is not recognizing the format when it appears in the 'Inbox'. I've also tried to send a calender-item from Outlook 2003, and the same code appear in the message. Any ideas anyone? Version conflict? -- Best regards Jan Henrik There is a known incompatiblity between Outlook 2000 ...

Word 2007 macros
I used to make macros in 2003 with the suffix of .MAIN. This allowed me to copy individual macros from one template to another, one computer to another. If I failed to use the .MAIN, I was given only the choice of NEWMACROS to copy. Of course, if the destination also had NEWMACROS, they'd be overwritten. Now I am trying to do the same with 2007. I created 4 macros with .MAIN suffix and put them on the Quick Access Toolbar (with a view to putting the same macros on three different computers). However, whichever macro I click on, they are all the same macro. If I run...

How to manage a large dictionary of words?
I am looking for ideas on concise methods to store and lookup words. The plan is to include only words of 3 letters up to 8 letters in length. The obvious move is to break them out by size and build a big long string for each size, on which Instr() might be used. Then I am thinking, I only need 6 bits per letter which would allow me to pack letters together to reduce total bytes used. The key here is that I can take all day to build the list but its the lookup, finding if a user's word is present, that I want to be quick about. I'd like to include as many english wor...

Office 2001 apps want to launch in X after PRAM reset...
Now all of the apps on a client machine (iBook 600 running 9.2) look for Office X or an OSX app to launch so therefore they will not launch. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? Office 2001 on OS9.2 Anthony <anthony.soroka@la.ddb.com> wrote: Hi Anthony, > Now all of the apps on a client machine (iBook 600 running 9.2) look > for Office X or an OSX app to launch so therefore they will not > launch. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? > > Office 2001 on OS9.2 I'm not so sure there is an easy solution. THe Fidner is designed to look for the newest ve...

Spelling/grammar error notification in Word for Mac 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is there a way to set up Word so that a sound will indicate an error as you are typing? Word is already set up that way, it will already alert you with a "bong!" if you hit an illegal keystroke. But it cannot alert you if what you type is not true, or not what you wanted, because it cannot know what you wanted to say :-) And if it were to alert me for every spelling and grammar mistayke I made, it would never shut up! So it won't do that either :-) Cheers On 1/12/09 4:50 PM, in artic...