Is there a Print Preview without using the Preview app?

Is there a way to see what a document will look like on a printed page while working within Office? I know I can do Print>Preview, but that views the document in Preview, not in Office.
0
Tiger_MO (6)

"Office" is a suite of applications programs - knowing which of those
programs you're referring to would make it a bit easier to answer your
question:)

In general, however, Office never has done the printing & the current Apple
guidelines for printing allow for the apps to no longer have to provide a
preview service which was [and is] generated by the OS & printer driver in
the first place.

Word - Still offers Print Preview

Excel - Offers Page Layout from the View menu

PowerPoint & Entourage are the only ones where Previewing through the Print
dialog is necessary.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/16/08 6:42 PM, in article ee8db56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Tiger_MO@officeformac.com" <Tiger_MO@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to see what a document will look like on a printed page while
> working within Office? I know I can do Print>Preview, but that views the
> document in Preview, not in Office.

Which operating system?

If you are using 10.5 and Office 2008, the "Print Preview" command has been
removed because the function is handled by the Operating System.

The "preview" you see is not generated by the "Preview" application.  The
print job is sent to the OS printing subsystem, which renders it, then sends
it back to the screen instead of out to the printer.

So that IS what you are going to get, as close as the display resolution
will allow :-)

Hope this helps

On 17/02/08 10:42 AM, in article ee8db56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Tiger_MO@officeformac.com" <Tiger_MO@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to see what a document will look like on a printed page while
> working within Office? I know I can do Print>Preview, but that views the
> document in Preview, not in Office.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia

0
john7143 (1072)

cannot connect to CRM using web client
Hello... I have the following problem. I set up CRM 3.0 on a Virtual PC Server inside a windows 2003 server. Inside the VPC the crm server behaves correctly, I can open Internet explorer and connect normally. Now, when connecting from the host server or from another computer in another network, I cannot connect to CRM. Is not that I'm having network problems, because when IE tries to connect to CRM Website, it asks for a user and password. In a normal case the user will be crmdomain\user. the user is created in Active Directory and CRM within the VPC. Apparently the VPC IIS i...

CArchive error using << operator
Hey all, I'm running into a problem with using the << or >> operators when using cout, cin, or CArchive. It keeps telling me, in the most recent case: error C2678: binary '<<' : no operator defined which takes a left-hand operand of type 'class CArchive' (or there is no acceptable conversion). The offending line of code tries to write 1 item from a vector (*allfile) to the archive (*pArchive) like so... try { (*pArchive) << (*fit); } I ran into this same error when trying to use cout or cin. Is this a compiler problem, preprocessor probl...

Using meta-info or is it possible to extend the OneNote XML Schema
Hey, I'm working on an add-in that will sync "To Do"-tags with a CalDAV-Server, making them available on iPhones and Mozilla Thunderbird. Unfortunately OneNote is making this very hard for two reasons: 1. <Meta>-elements can't be childs of <Tag>-elements, so they wouldn't move with a <Tag>-element or be deleted if the user moves the <Tag> to another <Outline> or even <Folder>. That means that <Tag>-Elements are hard to identify uniquely, unless there's a good way to extend the OneNote XML-Schema (for exampl...

Publisher 2007 Merge Print Screen
This only happens in Publisher 2007. I do merges: in Excel, in Word, & in Publisher. When the "print" screen comes up in Publisher, the screen is so large, I have to push up as far as I can, and there's just a sliver of the print button on the bottom - can't even see the "print" word on the button. However, my cursor does react with it, so I do print successfully. I just would like to know if there's a way to make this one screen smaller. There's no arrows at any of the corners, so I can't squeeze it down. Thank you! lewzan wrote: > When the...

Copy CHarts using a MACRO
Hi All, Would somebody help me please!!! I have a workbook with two sheets. The first sheet contains many tables that produce one pie chart based on the data in each table. My problem is that I want to copy each pie chart onto the other worksheet. I created a macro that copies each pie chart to a new row on the sheet. The only porblem is that the macro will not work. I get a run time error 1004 message. Can anyone help. My other problem is that I would like each pie chart to be copied to a new row on the other worksheet and be placed in one of 5 colums depending on what the sc...

How do I use the Outlook Address Book in Word 2007
Our company used to use Groupwise along with Word 2007. I could do individual envelopes using the address book on Groupwise. Now we have Outlook 2007 and my address book was migrated to Word. But when I try to do an individual envelope and click on the Outlook Address Book, it says there are no entries in the address book. Do I have to re-do all my addresses in Outlook? Or is there a way to access this address book? Do you have a choice to use the Outlook Contacts Folder? Try that instead if you do. Also, ensure your Outlook address Book Service is installed. -- Milly Stap...

Want to know if there is a canned project summary format that I can use/customize #2
Hi Debra, Thanks for the tip. I found some very interesting templates there However, I didn't find any that suits my needs. I will continue t search for that -- ssaiba ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ssaibal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1493 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26567 ...

Using english and non-English Excel commands simultaneously in a non-English installation
Hi community, I like this forum very much - I got many valuable insights from it. In the past I had an English Excel installation at the office available, recently my employer moved to the German version and deinstalled the english one. Now, when i use a english command like =VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet 2'! A1:H200,8,FALSE) adopting the country settings for "," with ";" Excel comes up with #NAME? since I used the english term, not the german one - but sometimes the german equivalent is not at hand as fast as needed ;-) However if a open a english coined workbook of a US/UK c...

change field number automatically when printing
We have a form in Excel, it is only one page, but we need a number on the right top corner of the sheet that changes automatically evey time we print the form Is there any way to do this Thank you You could use a Workbook BeforePrint macro that do that, assume the number is in cell G1 Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 like this Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Range("G1").Value = Range("G1").Value + 1 End Sub -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sponder" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Can i use a formula in the excel chart wizard?
I am creating a coursework in which i have to analyse a lot of data in the spreadsheet. it is already cluttered with columns and i dont want to add extra columns to add to the clutter. i was wondering whether there is a way to plot absolute values of a column without changing the actual values in the column or creating a new column using ABS() function. Thanx You can't use formulas in the reference boxes in the chart wizard. You can only use range references or defined names. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltiertech.com/ On 3...

how do i use my yahoo email with outlook?
i have attepmted to set up a pop account in outlook, but when sending an email it is having trouble recognizing the outgoing address On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:43:36 -0800, nichole123 <nichole123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have attepmted to set up a pop account in outlook, but when sending an >email it is having trouble recognizing the outgoing address first, have you paid for a yahoo pop account? you can SEND e-mail from your yahoo e-mail address but you can't RECEIVE yahoo e-mail from that account without paying yahoo for that. second, the POP (inbound) server ...

using excel windows 98
i have a table of 100's of figures that are all in text, ie: 12 34 45 56 67 78 56 78 23 78 34 67 23 89 45 78 87 21 each number in it's own cell, but i have loads of them how can i get a decimal point in front of all of them, so they all show like this ..12 .34 .45 .56 .67 .78 ..56 .78 .23 .78 .34 .67 ..23 .89 .45 .78 .87 .21 i have looked in the cells settings and can not find a way myself, i have been told to check a box to default the decimal point, but this is when you have an empty sheet, not when you have already entered the figures. any ideas. thanks Jason One way .. ...

File being "used by another user"

Which to use FF (finish to finish) or FS (finish to start) on task
I have serveral different tasks (risk management, risk assessement, update risk assessment). I would like to link the Risk Assessment to the first task under it, then link the last task in the subgroup back to the risk assessment task, so it looks like it continues the whole time. So, for example, I have my task #5 risk assessment, task #6 define project tracking and task #26 vision approved. If you click on task #6, I have the #5 risk assessment as the Predecessor with a SS Type. If you click on task #26, I have task #5 risk assessment as the Predessessor with FF Type. ...

average difference without a helper column
I have a considerable amount of data which is already in excel A is the date, B is the final meter reading and C is the number of hours the pump was operating date meter1 hours 01-Jan-10 0 0 02-Jan-10 222 4 03-Jan-10 1419 2 04-Jan-10 2009 3 05-Jan-10 3081 5 06-Jan-10 4360 10 I want to calculate the average flow per day i.e. b2-b1 through to b365 similarly the average pump time i.e. c2-c1 Of course there is a way to do this with helper columns (I think that is the correct term) but I have over 300 excel sheets and hope that there is an easier way On Jan 24, 2:47=A0am, david_g <da...@gts.c...

MSN Explorer using Money file on hard drive?
I am a computer consultant and was hired by a new client this past week to solve his Money issues. I am a little bewildered by what I have seen. Point by point... 1. He and said that things he entered were "not sticking". He is VERY elderly and not that savvy with PCs, so I took this with a grain of salt...BUT... 2. He is using MSN Explorer to manage his portfolio, so I thought it was all online. 3. Upon looking at his portfolio and then closing MSN Explorer, we got a message on the screen that his "file was being compressed". That sent up a big red flag to ...

restrict particular user using OWA
Is there any way i can restrict particular user from using the OWA whereas the rest of users remain accessible to the OWA? Thanks for any help provided "Eva" <eva@addon.com.sg> wrote in message news:c36001c4389c$f8ba7780$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way i can restrict particular user from using > the OWA whereas the rest of users remain accessible to the > OWA? > > Thanks for any help provided Which version of Exchange? All versions allow you to disable the HTTP protocol for individual mailboxes, but where you do it is in a different place for differe...

How do I set up my page to print business cards on Microsoft Publ.
"Dayna Thomas" <Dayna Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DFC66BF-D3FA-45E8-BE67-D6B3A5F40D38@microsoft.com... > Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins = .75" Vertical gap = 0&qu...

Multiple Profiles Using Terminal Server
Does anyone know if anything has changed around using multiple profiles with Terminal Server? Last time I checked you can only use CRM Outlook using the user that installed the Outlook Client. Is this still true? With CRM 4.0 this has changed. In fact, there were ways to configure it with 3.0 as well. But, 4.0 has a seperate "config" step for the client that makes this a lot easier. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Scottie" <Scottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C0282BD-76B4-41E1-BD9D-6C24C6984FEB@microsoft.com... Does anyone know if ...

How to Create a Message using Macro
Hi I would like to do as follows: I want to create a Macro which beeps and displays a message (e.g. "Put a sheet in the printer before you continue") after I hit a button. Which code should I use in the Macro? So what's supposed to happen is this: 1. Hit button "Print" 2. BEEP! <message:> Put a sheet in the printer before you continue! 3. Hit the button "continue" My topic concerns step 2. Thanks for your help! Pau -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi in the VBA help look for msgbox to do this >-----Original Message----- >H...

Win7 can't remember window size of Microsoft apps after update
After I did an update of nVidia 9600 gt driver in Win7 64bit 'Windows Update', no longer is the window size of ANY Microsoft apps that were open at the time of the update remembered (after I resize them, then close them then reopen them). It didn't affect all apps - Firefox was fine, but Internet Explorer, & all MS Office apps can no longer remember the size I made their windows. It didn't help to put the old driver back - in fact it made it worse, as by then I had even more apps open, and now none of those can't remember the window size either. The...

Macro for Thick Borders using conditional formatting
Hello, I am using excel 2003 to create tables of data. I have created conditional formats (CF) that bold and highlight cells that exceed certain standards. I would now like to put a thick border around any cells that meet the CF criteria. For example, if a cell became bolded and highlighted based on the CF, then I want to put a thick border around it, if it didn't become bolded or highlighted then I want to leave it just the way it is. Is this at all possible? I really don't know much about macros. Thank you for any help you can give me. Ian ...

Printing SMARTTAGS from Visio
Hi, Is it possible to actually print SmartTags from a Visio diagram? They are an excellent quick visual indicator of 'status' of shapes within the drawings, but without the ability to print them, they render the solution somewhat obsolete. Perhaps a setting or an API i could use? Thanks! rc ...

Visual C++ app and SYSTEM environment variable
Ok people, I am going insane. I have a VC 6.0 app that does a getenv on a SYSTEM variable. I need to change this variable on the fly, so thought I could use SETX.exe (from toolkit) or SETENV.exe I found on web, but no! No matter what I do, when I run my application the getenv only finds the settings that it had at win2k start-up. Nothing that I do after startup seems to change this value. I already know that the running process won't get it, but this is a new process that won't read it. Output of SET command never shows the changed env var, only original value. However, I can go to M...