is there a downloadable TRIAL of Office 2008?

I can't seem to find a trial of this package.  I am unwilling to buy even for home use without a trial.
0
poopsie (1)

Would iWork 08 be just as good for my imac? <br><br>Thanks
0
Poopsie
1/18/2008 12:45:39 PM
In article <ee89192.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>,
 poopsie@officeformac.com wrote:

> I can't seem to find a trial of this package.  I am unwilling to buy even for
> home use without a trial.

There are rumors that a downloadable trial version may be available
"shortly", though that hasn't been confirmed anywhere that I can find.

Check back at MacTopia.com occasionally.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
1/18/2008 4:20:05 PM
In article <ee89192.0@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Poopsie <> wrote:

> Would iWork 08 be just as good for my imac? <br><br>Thanks

Impossible to tell.

Did you download the trial iWork08 version? Did it do everything you
need it to do? If so, it's probably just as good for *you* (your imac
will probably be indifferent...).
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

ms money trial, converting from quicken, missing categorie
i downloaded the ms money 2006 trial, and did the conversion from quicken 2005. all seems well. except i have 11,000+ transactions with missing categories i've tried removing all categories in money 2006 before the conversion, same number of transactions missing categories i've tried loading all the categories in money 2006, and doing the conversion. same number of transactions any help? this is definately a show stopper :-( jd In microsoft.public.money, john dekker wrote: >i downloaded the ms money 2006 trial, and did the conversion from quicken >2005. all seems wel...

SBS 2008 Backup's with rotating External HD's
Now that many of you have been "living" with 2008 for a bit, the big talk when it first came out what the built-in backup solution didn't recognize Tape drives, thus requiring 3rd party solutions. So, is the backup solution that came with SBS sufficient using rotating external drives? i've used it a couple of times and really like how fast the backups are and restoring files was pretty easy and painless...i would much prefer doing that to 3rd party software, etc... Thoughts? jared Even before 2008, I've preferred rotating external drives (or drive techn...

Can't Install Office 2008 for Mac at all
Hi there everyone, I pray someone can help me before I throw my mac through the window. This is the second time I am having this problem. My office just stopped working and no matter what I did I could not open any of the programs, so I uninstalled everything, Microsoft and the preferences. I have now tried to re-install office off disk and I can't even get it to launch I keep getting an error message saying installer created an error and please report which I have done a thousand times. I have restarted the mac and emtied the Trash so there is nothing relating to office...

Entourage won't switch when MS office and messenger are already closed!
When using Entourage every once in a while while my husband and I switch our email acounts we get get a message to close all MS office programs including messenger. NONE of these programs are open! When I force close the program I still get the same message when I reopen it. I must restart my computer to fix this problem. Is this a bug? Any once else have this problem? On 1/31/07 5:19 PM, in article 1170292740.191794.90830@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "aebaron@earthlink.net" <aebaron@earthlink.net> wrote: > When using Entourage every once in a while while my husband ...

Microsoft office #2
will my microsoft office for a pc run on a Mac if I decide to get one, or do I have to start all over again with Microsoft products? Hi, PCs and Macs are very different. The software is also very different, so your Windows software won't run unless you do it in emulation using a Virtual PC. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <01ec01c3ccd6$1a75a0d0$a301...

does office 2007 work with windows 7
Ihave a new computer with and want to buy office home & student, will it work with windows 7 Yes -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "jackis" <jackis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB60EF4E-C0E8-4955-9021-496F7924516A@microsoft.com... > Ihave a new computer with and want to buy office home & student, will it > work > with windows 7 ...

Office 2007 or 2010
If I buy Office 2007 will there be a free or a reduced rate to upgrade to 2010 when it is released or should I wate for 2010 to come out. -- Mbennett I at least have no idea yet and I presume others have not either.MS did not put out the pricing to the public yet -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mbennett58" <mbennett58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C80A4A2F-7C46-45A6-9654-DD8DC7778B85@microsoft.com... > If I buy Office 2007 will there...

WEB Query in Office For Mac 2004
I have one simple question Does the function "WEB QUERY" in excel of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC exist. I have a trail verison of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC but this feature does not exist. I like this option and use it alot at work on the WINDOWS version. Having this option would sway me to buying it for sure. THANKS In article <944a5172.0409260409.68a71831@posting.google.com>, simon.simonblack@gmail.com (Simon Black) wrote: > Does the function "WEB QUERY" in excel of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC exist. I > have a trail verison of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC but this feature does not ...

practice sessions won't download get error on page
Training excel 2003- "practice in excel" will not download a spreadsheet. Also, the little + that allows you to see what's in a chapter will not open. Bottom of page says "error on page". How do I get this to work? ...

Unable to Open "Outlook Today" in Office 2000
Several users at our company are having a problem with MS Office 2000 (SR1) v9.0.0.3821 - the "Outlook Today" main mailbox. Although every user can click on this folder/option along the left hand tree they are unable to click/open the "customize Outlook Today" icon. The icon is present, not greyed out or anyting, but no matter how many times you click on it nothing happens. - So far we've deleted all temp/temp internet files, cleaned/optimized the registry, uninstalled and reinstalled Office (Outlook), installed all options in Outlook, & deleted the word &...

money plus download
i had money 2006. i tried the free trial of money plus. now i can't use my money plus back-up file with any other money software. i don't want to purchase the money plus and have to start all over again with a new software. In microsoft.public.money, lucy in md <lucy in md@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i had money 2006. i tried the free trial of money plus. now i can't use my >money plus back-up file with any other money software. > >i don't want to purchase the money plus and have to start all over again >with a new software. Reinstall Money 2...

Mail downloading as "opened"
I have Outlook 2002. I just set up a user account on a new computer and the mail has rules sending it to the individual folders. When I download the mail it goes to the specified folders, but doesn't remain unopened, so I don't know when there is new mail. All my mail is being "opened" when downloading. How do I correct this? Thanks! __________________ Stacey ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Asynchronous download of a webpage
CAsyncMonikerFile - this is one MFC class with which we can easily download internet pages. The content of the page, block by block, is returned in a Callback function. This is convenient if you want to make an internet radio listener for example. But there are servers which return different pages depending on the client HTTP GET request (for example: http://205.188.234.4:8016). With a blind GET \ HTTP\1.0 the server returns streaming mp3 audio, but IE or CAsyncMonikerFile::Open method sends more HTTP information in their request and I receive an intro web page instead of music. Does someone ...

how to ignore DTD and NOT download it when ValidationType=none?
I'm trying to load and parse an xml file with XmlReader and have it completely IGNORE the DTD in the xml file. If I set "ValidationType = ValidationType.None" it STILL downloads the DTD even though it doesn't validate against it. I get an XmlException when I set "ProhibitDtd = true" because then no DTD is allowed in the doc. If I manually remove the DTD reference from the file then it works fine and does not download the DTD (obviously). How do I leave the DTD in the file but have XmlReader IGNORE it completely, including not downloading it? It doesn't seem...

Downgrade version of Money 2008
I have purchased Money 2008 Plus Home & Buisness and I no longer need the buisness portion of the application. Is there any way that I could downgrade to the Home Deluxe edition with out being charged? Nope. Unless you bought the package in the last 30 days you will just have to carry on using it but ignore the Business features. If in the future you buy a non-Business version you will get nags about losing functionality but you can just ignore them. If you did buy in the last 30 days you can return for a refund but you will then have to buy Deluxe. IMHO not worth the hassle. -- ...

Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010 crashes when downloading email
I have tried everything to try and figure out why Outlook is crashing. I ran sfc, I reinstalled XP SP3, IE 8, Outlook 2007 and as a last try installed Outlook 2010. I tried new email profiles and I ran a full scan with Microsoft Security Essentials and Malaware but nothing! This thing is driving me crazy! I don't want to do a reinstall of XP as I would rather spend the time on Windows 7 in a few months down the road when I spec out some hardware. Is there anything left to try???? What's logged to the Event Viewer about this? Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/...

download statements in money 03
Please advise!!!!!.....after downloading statements, im not able to load them into my registry. money still says i have statements to view but how can i add them and update my account. i havent been on money in a few months. please help :( In microsoft.public.money, Zags wrote: >Please advise!!!!!.....after downloading statements, im >not able to load them into my registry. money still says >i have statements to view but how can i add them and >update my account. i havent been on money in a few >months. please help :( Close Money In Internet Explorer delete your brow...

newbie, missing OWC11 and Office WEb Components on install
I had a configured instance of SQL SErver Express 2005 and am trying to install to the sql server express advanced edition onto this first instance as well as the toolkit. I follow the instructions for getting the right instance it goes through the install but I get an error in the log regarding the OWC11 doesn't get installed and it wants something more than OFfice 2003? It wants the office web components. What am I missing to get this installed? I have IIS running. thanks, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.4035.00 ============================== OS Version : ...

MacFixIt Special Report on Office slow to launch
How about some comments on what others have done ----------------------------- Title: Mac OS X 10.5.2 Special Report: Microsoft Office applications slow to launch Date: Wednesday, February 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM PST Read the full article at http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20080227123853596 ------------------------------ MacFixit calls it a "Special Report"???? Must be a slow news week - this "fix" has been in circulation for nearly a month now: http://bbold.com/blog/apple/speed-up-microsoft-office-2008-for-mac/ Works for some, not for others, and many don'...

Downloading Crystal report 9.2.2
Hi, I am trying to download and install Crystal report 9.2.2. I found a link in one of the postings ftp://ftp.crystaldecisions.com/outgoing/TS/CC/CRPro922.zip, but it seems like the link is no longer valid. Could anyone guide me to where else I can download Crystal Report 9.2.2? Thanks in advance, Alvin Hi Alvin, If you have a license for v9 you can get 9.2.2 by contacting BusinessObjects. They will validate your crystal 9 license then either send you 9.2.2 or give you a download location. You can download from the following location but you need login details - https://businessobj...

Migrate from Sbs 2003 to Win 2008 Std + Exchange 2010
Hi, I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std. I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes. i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other for Exchange 2010. Sbs server will be dismiss. Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ? Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem) Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ? Thank you very much Lorenzo Hi Lorenzo: By now there are thousands of references to various migration strategies listed in the various groups and els...

Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)
Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior available. OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook. I noticed that when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay, there are 2 conversations in the folder. Is there a way to only have 1 conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo starts at 215-225. now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as we...

error when downloading from hotmail
when i try to send or receive hotmail e-mails i get the following error messages: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the server.' Hi, Goto Sart --> Run --> type in Msconfig Then select the option of Selective Startup Then uncheck the two options : Load Startup Items and Load system services. Then restart the system and see if the pr...

Server 2008 Update Error
I am running Server 2008 and have an issue with a particular windows update that will not install. It has downloaded the update (KB955706 MS SQL Server 2005 Express Edition) but as soon as i try to install it i get the error code 80244019. There are lots of blogs relating to this error but most are for single user Vista PC's and relate to a trojan. Has anyone had this problem on a server platform and successfully eradicated it? Thanks in advance. ...

SQL Server 2008 requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 to be installed
http://sanssql.blogspot.com/2010/01/sql-server-2008-requires-microsoft-net.html Regards, Sandesh Segu http://sanssql.blogspot.com Join me @ http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community?cmm=96088888 ...