Invalid Product Key

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I purchased Office for Mac 2008 when it was first released and have been using it just fine ever since.  Not long ago, I was having trouble with my computer reading CD's so the guy at the genius bar reinstalled the OS for me.  I reloaded my backup so my machine was just like it was before I left.  Everything was fine.  Then, I updated my Office through their updating system, and ever since, every time I try to get into any office program, I am told that my product key is not valid.  The problem is that I no longer have the disk that came with my copy.  Is there another way to recover my product key?  I'm assuming it wouldn't have been in my registration information when I submitted that, but I need to find a way to recover the key so that I can use it.  Thanks for the help!
0
UKFan643

--B_3342776172_1179808

On 12/4/09 9:13 AM, in article 59bae28d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"UKFan643@officeformac.com" <UKFan643@officeformac.com> wrote:

> hen, I updated my Office through their updating system, and ever since, every
> time I try to get into any office program, I am told that my product key is
> not valid.  The problem is that I no longer have the disk that came with my
> copy.  Is there another way to recover my product key?  I'm assuming it
> wouldn't have been in my registration information when I submitted that, but I
> need to find a way to recover the key so that I can use it.  Thanks for the
> help!

You need proof of purchase and then you will have to pay a service fee. This
is a hard lesson to learn, but keep your CD keys safe. I suggest 1Password.

<http://agilewebsolutions.com/products/1Password>
--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

--B_3342776172_1179808

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: Invalid Product Key</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt'>On 12/4=
/09 9:13 AM, in article <a href=3D"59bae28d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0">59bae2=
8d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0</a>, &quot;<a href=3D"UKFan643@officeformac.com"=
>UKFan643@officeformac.com</a>&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"UKFan643@officeformac.com"=
>UKFan643@officeformac.com</a>&gt; wrote:<BR>
<BR>
</SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYL=
E=3D'font-size:11pt'>hen, I updated my Office through their updating system, a=
nd ever since, every time I try to get into any office program, I am told th=
at my product key is not valid. &nbsp;The problem is that I no longer have t=
he disk that came with my copy. &nbsp;Is there another way to recover my pro=
duct key? &nbsp;I'm assuming it wouldn't have been in my registration inform=
ation when I submitted that, but I need to find a way to recover the key so =
that I can use it. &nbsp;Thanks for the help!<BR>
</SPAN></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STY=
LE=3D'font-size:11pt'><BR>
You need proof of purchase and then you will have to pay a service fee. Thi=
s is a hard lesson to learn, but keep your CD keys safe. I suggest 1Password=
..<BR>
<BR>
&lt;<a href=3D"http://agilewebsolutions.com/products/1Password">http://agilew=
ebsolutions.com/products/1Password</a>&gt;<BR>
-- <BR>
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP<BR>
Entourage Help Page &nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;<a href=3D"http://">http://</a>www.entour=
age.mvps.org/&gt;<BR>
Entourage Help Blog &nbsp;&lt;<a href=3D"http://">http://</a>blog.entourage.m=
vps.org/&gt;<BR>
YouTalk &lt;<a href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy">http://tinyurl.com/bzcrjy</=
a>&gt; &lt;-- Entourage mailing list<BR>
Twitter: follow &lt;<a href=3D"http://twitter.com/entouragehelp">http://twitt=
er.com/entouragehelp</a>&gt;<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3342776172_1179808--

0
Diane

We need to be able to import PRODUCTS!
To be able to migrate from an existing CRM I need to be able to import more than just contact info. Thousand of products can not be effectively key in without error. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

primary key collisions due to auto reseeding of auto number field.
has anyone come across this problem in Access2003 Can you be more specific, Simon? Is the AutoNumber being seeded intentionally? Or is it one of the causes listed at the top of this article: Fixing AutoNumbers when Access assigns negatives or duplicates at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-40.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "simcon" <simcon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0AFF03CF-F2B6-4312-ABA3-9DF036466FBD@m...

changing preview of quote product / quote detail
dear all, I need a help, can anyone tell me how to change the preview of quote product. By default : Product Description, Price Per Unit, Quantity and Extended Amount. My need : Product Description, Amount. Thx Monalisa Hello, If you do quoting with MS CRM, you should check out our solutions. Our products integrate with MSCRM to build quotes faster and more accurately. And, they produce elegant proposals (even print previews). For more information, see www.experlogix.com or email me directly. Thanks, Jeff ...

Invalid count date error.
I keep getting this error anytime I try to run "Calculate" in Physical Inventory count. What am I doing wrong? I am new to MS RMS so please bear with me. What this means is that there are entries on your count sheet that have a date that is less than the date of the Physical Count itself. To fix this what you can do is open the count and right-click any where in the grid then choose Show/Hide Columns and put a check mark next the Count Date column and press OK. Change any of the entries that have a date less than the Date Opened field. Now try and Calculate the count. Rob &qu...

How to invalidate OLE of Excel?
Hello, everyone. I am developing with Excel and VB6. I want to forbid Excel being operated by GetObject function by the outside. Therefore, I want to kill OLE of Excel temporarily. Although I thought that a RevokeActiveObject function would be used, I do not understand the acquisition method of dwRegister Parameter. In the first place is the RevokeActiveObject function usable? The acquisition method of dwRegister of Excel? Or, is there another method? Please teach. ...

cannot enter product key code due to repeated lock-up of computer
Have purchased Publisher 2003 with Digital Imaging. The computer locks up as soon as the first letter of product is entered. Cannot install product. Thank you! Do you get an error? Use ctrl+alt+delete, application tab, highlight the setup, click end process, you should get an error dialogue, click details, what does it say? How to troubleshoot installation problems when you install Office 2003 from the Office 2003 CD http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826321/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bavarian Mom&...

Entry of primary key data
I'm setting up a database of corporate customers, which will include our contact persons at each of them. In some cases there are several contacts at a company, with different roles. I will create one table for the Companies and another for the Contacts and then a subform for displaying these at the bottom of the main company form. Presumably this is a classic one-to-many relationship and I will need a primary key in the tblCompanies table (e.g. Company1) and then a similar entry in the tblContacts table, for the link to be made. Question - how does the key get entered into tb...

Product Configurator for Dynamics CRM on premise and Online
If your CRM client is selling complex products this could be of interest. This solution also is out for Dynamics AX http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/jodonnell/Demonstration-of-Cincom-Acquire-Product-Configurator-in-Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-Online/ =================== John O'Donnell, Microsoft Dynamics ISV Architect Evangelist My Blog - http://blogs.msdn.com/jodonnell CRM Wiki - http://channel9.msdn.com/Wiki/DynamicsCRM/HomePage/ Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/jodonnel Channel9 - http//channel9.msdn.com/niners/jodonnell ...

invalid link error
Hi, Here's an interesting problem. (Well I think it's interesting :-)). When I open a workbook that has links, I've always gotten the usual update question since I have it set to ask. Just recently I've been getting an error message about a link(s) that can't be updated. When I open the edit links dialogue there are no bad links listed. I looked in C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel and found a file called Excel10.xxx dated about the time that I think I noticed the problem start. I renamed it Excel10.oldxxx and it didn't help the probl...

Can't create relationship to Order Product
I wanted to create a custom entity named Serial Number and build a relationship between it and the Order Product. But it seems I can't. Am I doing something wrong? We ship products that have serial numbers and require registration. My intention was to create a new Serial Number entity to track this information and have one related to each Order Product. This way our users couold see this information but could also search for a Serial Number find the originating order. I thought about just adding attributes for Serial Number, etc to the Order Product entity but then I don't know ho...

convert sql tables with parent-child keys of a nested structure into a nested xml file
I have 5 tables in SQL Server. Each with the following design and a sample chain of the relationships from the root (WRL - World) UUS is the 'Code' of the first table and it is the 'Parent' value of the second table, etc. Parent varchar 3 Name varchar 60 Code varchar 3 WRL United States UUS <- UUS California UCA <- UCA North Coast UNC <- UNC Sonoma County USO <- USO Russian River Valley URR If I have 6 tables with these relationships from root to these vineyard appellation locations, how could I convert this nested, hiearchical data from SQL Server tables into...

Shortcut Key #4
Does anyone know the shortcut key to center the contents of a cell? (As opposed to right or left alignment.) Thanks. Hi you could always record a macro and assign a shortcut to this macro) You may also take a look at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "benb" <benb@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FD600DA6-CAD6-4EF1-8FB4-2ED2504F3D27@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know the shortcut key to center the contents of a cell? (As > opposed to right or left alignment.) Thanks. I don't b...

invalid names were detected in this workbook
Hi Please help me to rectify the problem. I have excel file created in office 2003 when I open the file in 2007 it prompt for an error message "One or more invalid names were detected in this workbook. Those invalid names have been changed to #REF " and when the file open the chart is not displayed properly. the file was open in compatibility mode. I tried also to save it in Excel 2007 but stil the chart is not displayed right. Please advice. Hi, You do not need to post twice to the same newsgroup, let alone between newsgroups. -- If this helps, please click the Yes butt...

MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.DLL
This is the error message I keep getting when using OE 6 on my Windows 98 system. Any ideas how to fix? Thank you. Laura ------------------------------------------------------ MSIMN caused an invalid page fault in module DIRECTDB.DLL at 017f:019e6bb1. Registers: EAX=00000000 CS=017f EIP=019e6bb1 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=01c5d234 SS=0187 ESP=01c5d088 EBP=01c5d240 ECX=00000000 DS=0187 ESI=01a0b5dc FS=4f9f EDX=00000000 ES=0187 EDI=800c0131 GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 83 78 60 00 75 07 8b ce e8 d9 e4 ff ff ff 76 0c Stack dump: 00000000 01672250 007df27e 01a0b5dc 01c5d234 007e01ea 016720b0 01c5d234 007d...

How can I fix the function of the arrow keys?
My arrows keys move the workbook page in Excel 2000 instead of moving from cell to cell. How can I change the settings so that the arrow keys move cell to cell? hi, you have accidently hit the scroll lock button on your keyboard. hit it again problem solved. >-----Original Message----- >My arrows keys move the workbook page in Excel 2000 instead of moving from >cell to cell. How can I change the settings so that the arrow keys move cell >to cell? >. > Down at the right end of the status bar you probably see "SCRL", meaning that you have SCROLL-LOCK turne...

Error with compound key in converted DB
Problem: This problem occurs in a new Access 2003 database with objects imported from another Access 2003 database which was once converted from a previous version. This problem does not occur in the original (converted) Access 2003 database. The problem occurs in all queries (approx. 80) that have two particular tables linked by three joins (ie table with a 3-part compound key). When any of these queries are opened in design view an error is displayed (see attachment). On accepting the error the query opens in design view and one particular join has been removed (the import routine also rem...

Excel has the NUM lock key on
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I turn off the NUM lock key so that Excel will recognize date and other fields as text and not numbers. Thanks. In article <59bb288a.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0>, bethe@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > > How do I turn off the NUM lock key so that Excel will recognize date and > other fields as text and not numbers. Thanks. It has nothing to do with NUMLOCK. Select the cells of interest and grab the Menu Format/Cells and navigate t...

object library invalid
Could any body to fix the below problem,. "object library invalid or contains refrences to object defenitions that could not be found" Iam getting this error when iam trying to compile vba code from service advantage Thank you When in the VBE, whilst in the Service Advantage project object, on the menu, goto Tools --> References. Are there any lines that say [MISSING REFENCE]? If so, when you highlight it, the lower half of the window should say the file (OCX, DLL, etc) it is expecting. You will need locate that file and then re-link the reference. ------ Robert "Ask...

How to encode Function Keys (F7) into Barcodes
Is there a way to encode function key into a bar code. I would like to encode F7 (set customer ) into the customers card, this way the cashier only has to scan the card and not worry about pressing any keys. Than ks Robert Hi Robert, Donno if this is possible, encoding "Set Customer" into the Customer Card, but what you can do is, knowing the encoded values (let say the first 5 digits, and after the Customer AccountNumber), make a small dll that will be hooked up before the Transaction submit that will pop-up, for reading the customer card and will set up the Customer automat...

Mon. 2004 "Invalid Format" Error
Hello to all. Hope someone can help. After everything has installed "succesfully" and I try to run the program I get the message Windows can't run this program because it is an inalid format. I have window ME 256 MG Ram 65% free with the money installed 32 bit memory 32 bit file system Does anyone know what the problem is? If you need more info please write in. Thanks, Robin ...

cannot activate product
I purchased MS Money Plus Deluxe and downloaded the trial version. I have the confirmation email and also the activation key. The instructions say to open Money and then click on Tools | Online Services Information | Activate (and enter #). However, "Activate" is not there. It tells me I have the trial version, but either I can purchase it (I already have) or use the product. How do I activate this? You would need to back up the Money file first. Then uninstall Money . Through add remove programs if its windows xp. Then go to : https://www.findmyorder.com Sign in wit...

Mapping product attributes to opps, quotes and orders
I have created a new attribute in the product entity named new_serialized that is a bit field used to indicate if that product will tracked with a serial number. I also added the same field to the opp products, quote products and order products. I the field in opps, quote and orders it to get automatically set based on what the value is in the product. I have tried to find the mappings to make this possible but I can't find them. Any ideas? Thanks Greg Greg, I don't think it's possible to get this value in the standard method. This is evidenced by the way products are loade...

Help!!! All Products Frozen on Startup
I have just installed the latest service pack located by the AutoUpdate utility. Now, I can't open any of the Office products - they all freeze during startup. They freeze on the splash screen when Configuring Office Components... VisualBasic for Applications is displayed. Please help me!! I can't do anything!! None of my documents are accessible and I am dead in the water. I am running Office:Mac 2004 Student and Teacher Edition on a Macintosh G4 running OS X 10.4.3. If I need to reinstall from CD, will it take another of my product keys to do it or can I use the one that I pre...

how do i set up italic or underline using key board (ctr+i, ctr+u.
how do i set up italic or underline commands using the key board (ctr+i, ctr+u) I'm not sure what you're asking... By default, Ctrl+I formats the selection as italic, and Ctrl+U applies underline formatting. If it doesn't work as expected, take a look at the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word Options | Customize category | Customize). What commands, if any, are assigned to the Italic and Underline commands, respectively? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Carmina" <Carmina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...