Installing Office Mac 2004

I've tried installing Office Mac 2004 onto a new computer and when I
try to open any of the Office applications I get an "Upgrade
Verification" box saying,

  "This software is an upgrade to an earlier version of the software.
To continue installation, click Browse, and then select the folder
that contains the earlier version of the software (Microsoft Office
2001 folder, for example).  The folder can be located on either your
computer or the CD-ROM from which you originally installed the earlier
version of the software."

Again, this is a brand new iMac, so there shouldn't be an earlier
version of the software.  I have "browsed" of course, but could find
nothing.  And, I have no doubt that I bought a full installation of
Microsoft Office and not an Upgrade, unless by chance the disc was
labeled incorrectly.

Can anyone help me?

Hi Rando,

The message clearly indicates that you are using Upgrade version instead of
the complete Office 2004 installer.

But if you are sure of having Full installation CD, then try copying
"Microsoft Office 2004 " folder from CD to the to the Harddisk.
and try opening applications. ( Since you are opening for the first time You
will be prompted to enter the serial no)

Note: Check the contents of the CD. You should have Office Setup Assistant &
Microsoft Office 2004 folder when you double click on the CD icon.

If it still doesn't work then I would suggest you to take to the place where
you have purchased and get it replaced with the correct version.

Hope this answers your queries.
--
Best Regards,

Prasanna
"Rando" <randybatten@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've tried installing Office Mac 2004 onto a new computer and when I
> try to open any of the Office applications I get an "Upgrade
> Verification" box saying,
>
>  "This software is an upgrade to an earlier version of the software.
> To continue installation, click Browse, and then select the folder
> that contains the earlier version of the software (Microsoft Office
> 2001 folder, for example).  The folder can be located on either your
> computer or the CD-ROM from which you originally installed the earlier
> version of the software."
>
> Again, this is a brand new iMac, so there shouldn't be an earlier
> version of the software.  I have "browsed" of course, but could find
> nothing.  And, I have no doubt that I bought a full installation of
> Microsoft Office and not an Upgrade, unless by chance the disc was
> labeled incorrectly.
>
> Can anyone help me?

0
prasankb30 (10)

Office Update 2007 error message...
Hey, guys, how's it goin'? As for me, I'm having trouble getting through this error. To start this off, I have Office Ultimate 2007 SP1 and wondering why Office Update won't work? The error message says, "The operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." Is it me or am I missing something? Feedbacks/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Goodday, all! More than likely, it's a permissions problem, but you really need to check with a windows newsgroup. Your question may be better an...

uninstalling ms office 2010 which was installed through power iso
hai; i have downloaded a crappy ms office mondo 2010 from lan and installed it.also there were some installation errors. i am not able to use ppt/word.... hence when i tried to unistall it ,through control pannel, it is saying "corrupted,insert original dvd/cd ". but i have installed it by poweriso. now i want to remove that msoffice and get some office07. so what should i do now to uninstall it. i have tried many times,every time it says "this product installation has been corrupted.insert original dvd/cd......." please help me.BTW, my os is vista home - - ...

WSUS fails to install at 0400 and 2200 daily on sbs 2003
event 364 at 04:10 AM or at 22:00 PM daily Content file download failed. Reason: The destination file system volume is not available. Verify that another program, such as CheckDisk, is not running, which would lock the volume. When the volume is available, Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) will try again. ---- How do Iverify that download succeded at a later point in time? File name seem random. ...

Can't install (yes, I already did the Remove Office prgm)
I even went into ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft and deleted that directory to ensure that everything Microsoft-esque was gone. When I start up the installer, it just sits there and doesn't install anything after putting in my name, product key, etc. Any further hints? Thanks, Shade HI, Ya' know, I'm a comm. col.student, 54, mind you,, so I did the "...for eductors ed."Go to Mactopia.com" load and install the 11,0,3, then it might work. Good Luck, Augie Hi Shade: 1) Make sure there is no Microsoft Office 2004 folder in your Applications folder. If there ...

Office 2002 better than 2007
I have a one person office and do not need any of the new features of Office 2007. It is too complicated for me. Also, I was required to send to my friends a conversion kit. No thanks! Simple is best! Hi, Joe. > It is too complicated for me. Also, I was required to send to my > friends a conversion kit. No thanks! Why don't you contact Microsoft and tell them? This newsgroup's readers are volunteers familiar with Microsoft Access databases who help each other out with problems with the product and give advice. It's very unlikely that anyone from Microsoft will rea...

Office Student & teacher edition 2003
Had this installed on desktop which crashed. Cannot install on new laptop as have lost disk. Have my CD case and product key. What can I do? I'm not sure if Microsoft will off a low cost replacement for that edition but it's worth the toll-free phone call. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "gorgonzolaSA" <gorgonzolaSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EA31672-977C-47F7-A7B3-6E4CD4A10C4F@microsoft.com... > Had this...

Project Server 2003 and MS Office Project 2007
Hello, I'm very new to Project Server and am researching the creation of templates that can be used by the PMs. We would create a comprehensive template based on PMI, RUP or Prince2 and save it as a template. I found out how to save the template and I can see it in the database allright but when I create a new project in project center, I get a blank project. How and where do I configure project server to use the project template I created in Project Center. Any help is appreciated. Jason Jason -- To create a new project from one of the two new enterprise project ...

Cannot install Office 2004 Mac
I am trying to install Office 2004 on an ibook G4. The software won't = install.=20 Tried dragging to the hard drive and double-clicking the set-up = assistant=20 but will not go beyond clicking 'accept' on the license agreement. I have run the 'remove office' application from the additional tools = folder=20 and it removed some preferences for previous installation. Is there=20 something else I'm missing? Bob Hendy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to install Office 2004 on an ibook G4. The software won't install. > Tried drag...

CRM 3.0 Install: Specified Reporting Services... was not found
We're not able to install CRM, keep getting a SRS can't be found error. This is a dev environment. One box, 2 Virtual Servers Virtual Server 1 - CRM Virtual Server 2 - SQL and SRS The SQL has 2 instances, we're using the default instance. We can go to the \\reportserver, however, it prompts for credentials. I suspect when when CRM is installing SQL is prompting it for permissions. Anybody have similar issue with SRS? Thanks. SRS is very picky :( and if using SQL 2005 even more diligent about wanting exactly the right permissions.. One way to solve a more complex install...

Office installation error
My new PC came with Office trial version pre-loaded. I have since purchased Office Home & Student 2007. Before installing it, I uninstalled the trial version & the Assistant. In installing my new program, I got past entering my key and "Agree". It looked like installation was beginning. Then I got an "Error 1303: C:ProgramFiles(x86)\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\EQUATION Unable to access. Verify I have the EQUATION folder and that I have administrative rights and Retry." I have the folder on my computer and I am the Administrator. Still no go....

Installed from CD, apps in "trial" mode
I installed Office 2004 from CD but it's running in "trial" mode. Not sure what I did wrong (I even entered the serial number). Is there anything I can do to get out of trial mode, or should I try a reinstall? Thanks, Chris On 8/1/07 22:55, in article 1168296921.288052.139110@42g2000cwt.googlegroups.com, "redrooffs@gmail.com" <redrooffs@gmail.com> wrote: > I installed Office 2004 from CD but it's running in "trial" mode. Not > sure what I did wrong (I even entered the serial number). Is there > anything I can do to get out of trial mod...

Can't install 12.2.1 on any computers 10.4-10.6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel "You cannot install Office 2008 12.2.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." I get this error on every computer in the building, PowerPC computers running 10.4 and Intel computers running 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. All the computers currently have 12.2.0 and have all current OS updates. Any ideas? On 10/1/09 7:54 AM, in article 59b7db0d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "macinmypocket@officeformac.com" <macinmypocket@officeformac.com...

Office Update Mac 12.1.1 Cannot Install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi, Please help. I cannot install Office Update Mac 12.1.1. There are plenty of disk space. Error message: You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I can previously install update 12.1.0 "AURUM3@officeformac.com" wrote: > I cannot install Office Update Mac 12.1.1. > There are plenty of disk space. > > Error message: > You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 Update on this volume. A ver...

Money 2004 Cash Flow Review
I am trying to get to the cash flow review section of money 2004. I click on accounts & Bills/Cash Flow review and i get a message saying to create a checking, savings, or cash account before you go to the cash flow forecast. I have numerous accounts set up in money including a checking and a savings. Anyone know how to solve this problem. It will not let me view the cash flow forecast. Thanks I'm having the same problem. None of the suggested fixes in the KB articles has helped. "Kevin Vidrine" wrote: > I am trying to get to the cash flow review section of >...

Troubleshoot Editing Pictures In Microsoft Office Picture Manager
I am unable to use any of the functions from the "Picture" drop down menu on the toolbar.For example when I put my my mouse cursor on "fix red eye" the "fix red eye" line stays a light grey color and and I am not able to fix the red eye in the picture on the screen of my computer.If I want to "brighten" the picture,I am not able to "brighten" the picture as the "brighten" command stays a light grey. Please how do I fix this problem so that I can use all the "edit picture" choices from the "picture" too...

enable small user to have "out of office" capability
I am a small office user and I really like Outlook. One capability that Outlook student edition lacks is the "out of office" capability that I had in the Corporate world. It would be greatly appreciated if this feature could be included in Outlook for small users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

Content Manager Role Privilages for Installation User
Hello All, Under the "KNOWN ISSUES Microsoft CRM Server Privileges Required for Installing Microsoft CRM and Using an Existing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Server" heading in the Readme.htm file of MS CRM 3.0 CD 1, it says that The user installing Microsoft CRM and connecting to an existing Microsoft SQL 2000 Server Reporting Services Server must have as a minimum the Content Manager Role privileges at the Root Folder Level, and System Administrator privileges at the Site Wide Setting Level. what does it mean and how can I assign these rights to a users. Ther...

Upgrading from Office XP Pro to 2003 Pro?
I am currently using Office XP Pro and I want to upgrade to 2003 Pro. My question is this: How do I do a clean install of 2003 Pro without erasing everything in XP Pro???? Should I just do an upgrade? Your suggestions are greatly appreciated! Best, Jack Barrett http://windsurf_2.tripod.com The upgrade path is the easiest to use and it does not wipe out your previous settings. I have used both upgrade and clean installations and they both work fine. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and fin...

SBS2003 & ISA 2004 planning
Current setup SBS2003 connecting to a router with static public IP from ISP. We host our web & mail server , port 25, 443, and 80 forwarding from router to SBS2003 with local IP 192.168.0.2.. Everything is runnig like a dream at the moment My plan is that to have a ISA 2004 installed on a standalone windows std 2003 or a memeber of SBS2003 with two NIC configured as the following. 1) First NIC (192.168.1.2) connecting to a router (Netcom 5580 with a network 192.168.1) 2) Second NIC (192.168.0.1) connecting to SBS2003 (192.168.0.2) via a switch (DNS, DHCP installed as before) and then ...

Office 2003 SP3 breaks MS-Access Sourcesafe
Since installing Office 2003 SP3 I've been unable to get the forms etc in my MS-Access projects from SourceSafe. When it gets to importing the forms I get these error messages: Microsoft Office Access (x) There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again. [OK] Source Code Control (i) Failed to import file 'c:\fvs_uk_apps\arm_axa_bpp.scc\FrmEndorsement_Policy.ACF' into Microsoft Access. [OK] [OK All] [Help] The first error seems misleading, 3gb RAM/17gb free disk and the error happens consistently whatever programs...

Uninstalled MS office ultimate 2007, reinstalled
Outlook 2007 in Vista will not open. It processes for 10 seconds and then stops after attempting to open it. Exasperating and Frustrating. How do I make this newish software work? Does it work in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> type; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) Additionally see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World ...

second try
We're using Exchange 2007 Standard Server. Is there anyway to configure a global out of office reply message directly on the Exchange server, so that if message is received on that server it will automatically reply with an "out of office due to inclimate weather message"? We don't want to do it on individual email accounts. We want it to apply to the server. Most of the users have already gone home and do not have the means to put a message on their individual outlook mailboxes. Also, if i am able to only put the message on the server itself, then i'll only...

Excel Applications.AddIns("xxxxx").Installed = True?
Working in MS Access VBA, I can make this work with an unqualified function lib name as in: 2319 theSS.AddIns("Function").Installed = True I'm guessing this looks in the path specified by some Office default or another. But I've got users who have that particular library ("Function"....helluva name for a library, I know.... but somebody else made it up...) in different places - depending, I guess, on the parms supplied when Office was installed on their PC. Seems like something along the lines of: 2319 theSS.AddIns("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Of...

MS Office Outlook 2007
When I open my email, the emails come up for about 10 seconds then I get a vista message stating 'MS Office outlook has stopped working'. Then it seems to run though trying to detect the problem, then is states that it needs to close and throws me out of outlook. This happened a few days ago and after 4/5 attempts I managed to keep it open and use it. Today, I'm having no such luck. I have 'no' technical experience or know how what so ever so I have no idea why this has happened. Anyone, experienced this before and knows how to resolve it? Many Thanks Does it w...

Trying to install Outlook 2003 after using trial version Office 2003
My trial version of Office has expired. I purchased Outlook 2003 and when I tried to convert from the trial version it told me that I needed to convert to Office. Am I going to have to buy the full Office package to use Outlook 2003? Thanks, Sherry Problem resolved. I don't know what happened but I noticed the icon on the bottom at the bottom of my screen. When I clicked on it Outlook opened with all my current email. Now, is it possible to find the email from the trial version and import it into the current version? Thanks again, Sherry Problem is back. I just rebooted my mac...