installing Office 2004 for macs

I can not install Office 2004 on my new MacBook.  Whenever I put the CD
in, the computer just puts it out again with nothing appearing on the
screen.  I tried it on another Mac and it works, but for some reason my
computer won't read it.  The same thing happened with a printer that I
bought yesterday--y computer would not read the CDs (but I could
download the driver from the internet) while they worked on my other
Mac.  My computer reads all DVDs and CDs...does anyone have any ideas
as to how to make this work?
Thanks for ANY help!

0
kewelter (1)

Hi,

I think you've provided the answer in your own question; there seems to be
something wrong with your MacBook's optical drive if other Macs can read
those discs your MacBook can't. If you still have access to another Mac, you
could try to connect to your MacBook via Firewire and transfer the CD's
Office folder from that other Mac to your machine. If the optical drive
keeps acting up like this, I'd recommend taking the machine back to the
store.

On 16.09.06 17:38, in article
1158421129.860633.186200@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "kewelter@gmail.com"

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

0
m.bintener1 (110)

WAB and Office 2k3 problem
Greetings All: I've Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 2003 server. The only addresses that appear in my address book are the Global Addresses from the server, my contacts do not appear. Now when I go to the appropriate "Outlook Address Book" tab in the contacts properties dialog, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" checkbox is grayed out. I have several other contact folders that exhibit the same grayed out checkbox. If I try to add them from the Options dialog in the Address Book specifically, they don't even show up in the as being avail...

I don"t office,but need Excel or some part of it to open a web pag
help me I don't won't to load all of office "cowboy" wrote: > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi you can buy Excel as separate product. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cowboy" <cowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5B015950-A7AC-49D0-9386-7EFFF9B9404D@microsoft.com... > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi, When about to load office, choose custom. You can then choose when to load certain parts. You can install them when you use them the first time. The installer will ask ...

outlook web access in office xp pro
Is Outlook web access available with office xp pro? If so, how do I obtain it? Thx Outlook Web Access requires an Exchange Server. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "brad" <bjjulum@comcast.net> wrote in message news:028601c398dd$336cf980$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is Outlook web access available with office xp pro? If > so, how do I obtain it? Thx ...

HELP! When I removed Office XP did I lose by inbox file?
I didn't archive my inbox and personal folders before removing Office XP. Now I have reinstalled Office XP and thought I could find my old data files. but all of the import and repair tools work with PST which I don't have. I remember that previously there were seperate inbox files and can not find them now. Thank you for your input. Ron Be sure to show hidden and system files on your computer and then do a search for *.pst. This should get you started... "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c3ba63$265a8120$a401280a@phx.gbl....

Corrupt record in Money 2004
I have one record in my .mny file that I can't clear when I try to accept it after it has downloaded from my credit card site. I keep getting the message that the transaction cannot be entered and it remains outstanding - bolded. I tried the salvage processes - msmoney.exe -s and salv.exe. Neither worked. I just want to delete this one record and put it back manually. Is there a way to do this with jet database functionality? Not that is exposed to any of us users. The database is actually "msisam"--a buttoned up derivative of Jet. "Bill Boffi" <anonymo...

Outlook and Windows installer
When I try to reinstall MS Outlook on a Windows XP (NTFS) machine I get a message: "The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it." Ive tried repairing and reinstalling the installers to no avail. Anybody have an idea? Thanks. ...

msn sync crashes Money 2004
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Every time I try to sync Money2004 standard with msn money Money crashes = with a mscofd.dll error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling = Money to no avail. Synchronization with my brokerage and credit card = accounts works fine. Any suggestions. Pierre Aterianus ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: q...

Multiple Users for office #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the list of applications? I am hoping i dont have to reinstall given it is the same licence being used, just by a new person. All help much appreciated CSR > Hi, if I have office:2008 installed on my imac and I set up a new user (one of may staff has left and the new person is using the same machine) how do I get office to appear in the...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

Money 2004 deluxe #8
Money Deluxe 2004 does not download stock/money market transactions from the bank. Is there a Microsoft Money product which will perform this function? In microsoft.public.money, Ron wrote: >Money Deluxe 2004 does not download stock/money market >transactions from the bank. Is there a Microsoft Money >product which will perform this function? East bank of the Mississippi? ...

Unable to install 12.1.7
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello Just ran the AutoUpdate and downloaded but Office installer reports I am not able to install this version as the required version is not installed. Any got same issue? <rolandjyoung@officeformac.com> wrote: > Hello > > Just ran the AutoUpdate and downloaded but Office installer reports I am > not able to install this version as the required version is not > installed. Do you have the EWS beta?? If yes, they are not compatible. Corentin -- --- Office:Mac MVP http://www.cort...

how do I change list order in color catagory assignment in office
only 15 color catagories can be displayed in color assignment in office outlook 2007. I wish to change the order of the list. I tried to number them 1-15, but it did not change the list. It did show 10-15 in the top of the list, and 1-9 on the bottom. I wish it to show them in order of 1-15, not necessarily with numbers, but with the color and catagory that I have assigne to them. any help would be appreciated THNX ...

Sending Word attachments to AOL and/or Mac users
When I send an email from my Outlook to people who use aol and to people who use a Mac, they can't open the .doc Word or .xls Excel attachments. They get only a .dat file which they can't open. What do I need to do as the sender so they can open/read the attachments? rebecca wrote: > When I send an email from my Outlook to people who use aol > and to people who use a Mac, they can't open the .doc Word > or .xls Excel attachments. They get only a .dat file > which they can't open. What do I need to do as the sender > so they can open/read the attachment...

Office System 2010: List of Controls IDs
Does anyone know when or where Microsoft will publish a list of control IDs for the Office System 2010? Does anyone know the idMso for the "Print" command located on the new "File" menu? -- Greg Maxey See my web site http://gregmaxey.mvps.org for an eclectic collection of Word Tips. Arrogance is a weed that grows mostly on a dunghill (Arabic proverb) This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01CAE7B4.9D78F540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable...

after installing publisher 2002 can't uninstall home publisher and picture it
Hello everyone, I installed publisher 2002 and picture it 2002. I thought these would override the Home Publisher and Picture it 2001. But it didn't. Now, I have all these programs and when i try to remove the older versions I get these error messages: setup is unable to find the works service pkg... fatal error during installation I'm afraid to load the works and any other necessary programs without some technical advice. I don't want to make my situation worse. How do I remove these old files now? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks so much. Whilst attempti...

Local Software Update service for Office 2004?
Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft Office on my LAN? With my Xserves, I am using Software Update Service for Apple updates, but can't figure out if there is a way to run a local software update service without using my Internet connection. I can get it from the central servers fine, but was wondering if I could run a local server to manage the Office Updates and monitor the update levels per station. Phillip Remaker wrote: > Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft > Office on my LAN? > > With my Xserves, I am using...

how do I forward a message when out of office?
--- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.794 / Virus Database: 538 - Release Date: 11/10/2004 Oh another moronic fuckwit who can't a) Use the message body and b) Find the correct fecking group! -- My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he eventually lose his marbles? "Allison" <Allison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37E0B793-2CF4-49CE-AE3A-2EF905CE7A90@microsoft.com... > ...

Outlook icon no longer on the desktop after installing MSoffice 2003
If you install Outlook/MS Office 2003, you will no longer have an Outlook icon on your desktop. Is there any way to change this so it looks like previous versions.? Even though it doesn't mention 2003 it still applies http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;238567, one tip the article mentions the following HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE adding a key to this will enable the Desktop Icon for all users, however if you want it for just you then replace the mentioned key with HKEY_CURRENT_USER. I should imagine that you can set this using the deployment tools from the ORK "huadu01&...

Outlook installation problems
I recently upgraded my office 2000 Pro to office XP pro. All of the other programs loaded and work fine with the execption of outlook. When I run the program it keeps trying to find the file pstprx.dll on my system. When that can't be found outlook reverts back to 2000 Pro. When this happens I can access the program, but outlook won't download my mail from the server. I receive an error that has to be reported to Microsoft, then Outlook shuts down. I searched the system and found the file pstprx32.dll on the system. Can you help with this problem. Thanks ...

Re: office
On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:53:40 -0400, Bobby Johnson <rjohnson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >On 2010-06-13 16:23, SMJD wrote: >> i have numerous video clips,how do i transfer just the list of file names , >> not the contents to create a printable text list file. >> >> thank you in advance >> >> I have office 2007 student > >Open a Command prompt. >Go to (e.g.: cd \Videos) the directory/folder with the video clips. >Type 'dir > videos.txt' >The DIR output will create a file named videos.txt > >This ...

Cannot Install 32-bit EX2007 Information Store will not start
I'm trying to install the 32-bit version of EX2007 and it fails at this point every time (even with a fresh image) (((((The Information Store will not start))))) There's 1 2003 server existing in the environment. I've followed MS document on preparing the forest for E2007 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a5fd4b60-7dc9-40e7-bc01-684075ee8f58.aspx There's also Event IDs 4001 & 9154 at the time of the setup failure. All the prerequisite software is installed The logs at the time of the failure (the end of the setup) are below - I've spent many hours tryi...

Office X to 2008
Can I upgrade directly from Office X to Office 2008 or do i have to install 2004 first? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285129280_3454273 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/5/08 9:10 PM, in article ee8c3ec.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "peldc@officeformac.com" <peldc@officeformac.com> wrote: > Can I upgrade directly from Office X to Office 2008 or do i have to install > 2004 first? The upgrade will ac...

Office 2004 assistants?
Overall, I'm *really* pleased with the Office 2004 upgrade, but I've got one silly little problem: the Office Assistant gallery is empty, except for the default computer icon. (I want the little dog back!) I can't find a place on the install disk to add the additional assistants, and I'm wondering if they're still there ... Thanks! That's true, extra assistants are not included with Office 2004. However, if you happen to have an earlier version of Office that did include additional assistants, simply insert the old version's CD, navigate to Office CD/Value Pac...

Problems with Office updaters and Panther 10.3
My OS X conversion went well, and it seems to have lots of great features. Anyway, I had one serious problem. After I did the OS upgrade, everything worked, as far as I could tell. Then, however, I got the wild eyed idea to upgrade my Office X. I believe I was at the 1.3 level, and after going to the Microsoft Mactopia site, I noticed that there was a 1.4 and 1.5 upgrade that I hadn't installed. I went ahead and did that and the scripts seemed to run successfully. HOWEVER, after I did that all the Office apps would load but then freeze. Which is where I am at this moment. So if you h...

Metrics are not available
Hi everyone, I get the following error message appear on my homepage when logging into GP9.0: "Metrics are not available because the Microsft Office Chart Control is Missing". This never appeared until we installed IE7 on all our systems, including the Citrix boxes where our users gain access to GP9.0. Following advice from a previous post I installed Office Web Components for Office XP onto the server, but it hasn't helped at all. Does anyone know a fix for this? Thanks all, T S Since the homepage is created and rendered on the individual workstation, I would look at...