Installing Office 2004 #3

Purchased new iMac and loaded MS Office 2004 Standard Edition. The household has 2 computers and one laptop. All running MS Office 2004 Standard Edition. Of course, the 2 computers can not run MS Office at the same time because we get the message - MS Office cannot start because MS Office is already in use.<br>
To solve this problem we recently purchased MS Office 2004 Student and Teacher Edition and also loaded it onto the new iMac. Maybe I should have removed MS Office 2004 Standard Edition before loading MS Office 2004 Student/Teacher Edition because we are still getting the message - MS Office cannot start because MS Office is already in use. I own MS Office software for each computer.<br>
How do I solve the problem on the new iMAC?<br>
Will removing MS Office 2004 Standard Edition from the new iMAC solve this problem?<br>
If so, how do I remove MS Office 2004 Standard Edition from the new iMAC?<br>
How will removing MS Office effect any files?<br>
By the way, from reading some of the forum emails, I checked the Office Additional Tools folder and did not see Office Test Drive.<br>
Hope this makes sense.<br>
Thank you.
0
Austin50 (2)

You shouldn't have to remove & reinstall. The information in the topic:

"Resetting your Mac Office Registration number"

on the following page should help you get the correct keys assigned on the
existing installs:

http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey
--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<Austin50@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Purchased new iMac and loaded MS Office 2004 Standard Edition. The
> household has 2 computers and one laptop. All running MS Office 2004
> Standard Edition. Of course, the 2 computers can not run MS Office at the
> same time because we get the message - MS Office cannot start because MS
> Office is already in use.
> To solve this problem we recently purchased MS Office 2004 Student and
> Teacher Edition and also loaded it onto the new iMac. Maybe I should have
> removed MS Office 2004 Standard Edition before loading MS Office 2004
> Student/Teacher Edition because we are still getting the message - MS
> Office cannot start because MS Office is already in use. I own MS Office
> software for each computer.
>
> How do I solve the problem on the new iMAC?
> Will removing MS Office 2004 Standard Edition from the new iMAC solve this
> problem?
> If so, how do I remove MS Office 2004 Standard Edition from the new iMAC?
> How will removing MS Office effect any files?
>
> By the way, from reading some of the forum emails, I checked the Office
> Additional Tools folder and did not see Office Test Drive.
>
> Hope this makes sense.
> Thank you.

0
CyberTaz
2/12/2008 10:43:37 PM
Hi Bob,<br>
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.<br>
It worked and we are up and running!! Yeah!!<br>
Thanks for your quick response!<br>
Thanks Again!
0
Austin50 (2)
2/13/2008 12:04:03 AM
You're certainly most welcome, but the thanks goes to those who came before
me... all I did was point you to a well-traveled path:-)

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

<Austin50@officeformac.com> wrote in message
Hi Bob,

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
It worked and we are up and running!! Yeah!!

Thanks for your quick response!

Thanks Again!

0
CyberTaz

Office 2008 #6
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Do I still need to have parallels running Windows, or will it run with Leopard (I have it I just need to upgrade). In article <ee98e37.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Kirby@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > Do I still need to have parallels running Windows, or will it run with > Leopard (I have it I just need to upgrade). Office 2008 is native to MacOS so you can run it in Tiger or Leopard. It will not run in Windows. ...

office won't open #2
Greetings Linda, We'd be happy to help, but we need a little more information. Which application won't open? Word? Excel? All of them? What happens when you try to launch an office application? Any error messages? Etc. -- Eric Olson [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:871001c3e9e1$6a5cdcd0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > ...

Internet Connections / News Updates Money 2004
I know that my internet connection works. I can view webpages with IE and also Money 2004. When I click on the update now links the message says that it goes through but the updates are not showing up. Also, when I am trying to setup my passwords for my bank accounts it needs to connect to the internet but It says I have no internet connection set up. I am using Adelphia Cable as my ISP. I contacted them and they say it is not their end why Money cant connect. I was given a cd to automatically setup my internet I did not manually configure anything. If you know anything about th...

Updating Financial Institutions for Money 2004
I have money 2004 and I am setting up online services. American Funds is not listed as a financial institution. I know American Funds IS listed for Money 2006 after viewing the list of financial institutions supported by 2006 online. Anyone know how to update financial institutions for Money 2004 or do you know why it's not there? In microsoft.public.money, "C Jensen" <C Jensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have money 2004 and I am setting up online services. American Funds is not >listed as a financial institution. I know American Funds IS listed f...

averageif with 3 crieteria
SUMPRODUCT(--(S498:S534="a"),--(G498:G534>=100),--(G498:G534<=200))/SUMPRODUCT(--(S498:S534="a"),--(G498:G534<>"")) I searched questions already answered but did not see averageif with 3 criteria I want the formula to return the average. Thanks in advance >I want the formula to return the average. The average of what? It looks like you're calculating the percentage of cells that meet a condition. Why do you think you need/want an "averageif" formula? What version of Excel are you using? -- Biff Microsoft Exc...

Can't Get CRM 3.0 Reports To Work
In the readme file that comes with server installation in the early access program it mentions under Known Issues: ************************************************ Microsoft CRM Server Privileges Required for Installing Microsoft CRM and Using an Existing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Server The user installing Microsoft CRM and connecting to an existing Microsoft SQL 2000 Server Reporting Services Server must have as a minimum the Content Manager Role privileges at the Root Folder Level, and System Administrator privileges at the Site Wide Setting Level. ***********************...

Help with vlookup #3
using 2003. I am looking up a number (stored as a string) on another worksheet and returning another series of numbers (also stored as a string) - ie lookup return 411140 263791-411140E Problem - Excel formats the returned data as: 2.63791E+11. It apparently sees it as a mathmatical subtraction of an exponential number even tho it is a text. It doesn't seem to matter how I format the cell. When I format it as text, the formula does not work. (requires General to execute formula). Executing a "text to columns" does the same thing. I need the returned data to show - 263...

Im desperate to fix my fragmented memor...will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch?
Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch? The Situation: -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4. -2.5 gb of RAM -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes. -Group Shield virus scanning Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail processing errors. THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK. Here is what I have tried. -Regedit ajustment to the heep. -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors). -sp3 (which claims to have fixed ...

CRM 3.0 Email Tracking doesn't work!!!
CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. But when the contact reply this email, the reply email can reach the server but it doesn't saved in the history(tracking doesn't work!) of CRM. The tracking function has been opened. We can't reinstall CRM server to fix this problem becasue there are many of customizations. we are having the exact same problem! did you ever get a solution?? thanks, "CEO" wrote: > CRM user can send an email to contact, email title with token: cas00011000. > But when the contact reply this email, t...

Installing Test Exch2003 and remove
Hi all, I want to install trial exchange 2k3 in production environment which has exch 5.5 site as mail server. What I want to do is install Exch 2k3 using 'first exch server in domain' option and don't touch exch5.5 at all. And use it for few weeks and remove it. Then we would like to decide purchase and re-install it, or outsource, or keep 5.5. Is this possible? I'm afraid that once Exch2k3 installed and modified ActiveDirectory schema, 5.5 stop working and can not remove 2k3. thanks in advance As a rule, always use a test lab. On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 11:30:03 -0500, &...

Hidden Comments #3
If a comment is created in row 1 and then freeze panes has been applied to row 2 the comment becomes hidden behind the frozen rows. Other than adding some blank rows or making the first row deeper is there any other way of showing the comment over the top of the freeze rows line? Thanks I don't believe it is possible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Phippsy" <Phippsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C42B096-4C61-453F-B45C-BE837D32C98D@microsoft.com... > If a comment is created...

upgrading Money 2002 Standard to 2004
Money 2002 Standard came with my computer. It allows me to track my investments. From the comparrison chart, it appears that 2004 Standard does not have this feature. Could someone confirm this for me? Thank you. Jeff wusiwug >-----Original Message----- >Money 2002 Standard came with my computer. It allows me >to track my investments. From the comparrison chart, it >appears that 2004 Standard does not have this feature. >Could someone confirm this for me? Thank you. > >Jeff >. > ...

How do I install Access 2003 under MS Office 2007
I am trying to install Access 2003, but because I have Office 2007 installed, the system is telling me that I need to have Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is this correct? I loaded my old Access 97 CD, but the system tells me that it can't find Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is there an upgrade for Access 2003? What do I do? Thanks... It is generally recommended to install versions of Office/Access in the order they were published. I have done otherwise though. It is imperative that you install each version in it's own directory, otherwise they will overwrite one another and crea...

3 Factors Analyzed
I need to create a chart that can be analyzed or visualized that has 3 dimensions of a sort. (1) I have a list of items (which can grow) (2) I have set of 5 working conditions in which each item must meet one of the five (3) but they also get analyzed for the condition daily - so I need to add a date range - and it happens twice a day (AM & PM). I haven't been able to figure out how to cleanly get all this data into a table, let alone create a chart from it. HELP! -- Bonnie M. Hi Bonnie, I think you need a clearer idea of what you want to end up with, and from there you could...

windows 7 pro 64bit installing 32bit app
i am installing a 32 bit app on a 64 bit win7 platform it registers regsize32.ocx in the install but when i try and load the app it fails on that file and i can not run regsvr32 as the file is not present where does win7 place 32 but drivers like program files x86 You will find the 32bit version of regsvr32 at c:\windows\syswow64. The ocx might be in the same folder as regsvr32 or could be in the folder where you installed the app (\program files(x86)). "Stuart Macleod" <StuartMacleod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A82A204E-43C3-4BB6-9691-6DB4...

installing Windows Server SP2 onto SBS 2003 SP1
I have SBS 2003 SP1. I have been keeping up with all the windows updates for this machine and would like to update the machine to SP2. I had heard that if you try to update the SBS 2003 SP1 server to SP2, you need to unload a lot of the updates issued after the SP2 was submitted. Is this true? Hi Carl, This hasn't been my experience. And there is no SBS 2003 SP2. It's Windows 2003 SP2 installed on top of SBS 2003 SP1 (which already has Win2003 SP1 installed). Run the SBS 2003 BPA prior to the install of Win2003 SP2 to make sure you don't have an issues ...

Mac Office 2004 Select Version & purchasing Office 2007
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3282203639_150809 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, All through the Fall, our University advertised a deal from Microsoft similar to the Super Suite Deal wherein purchasing Microsoft Select Office 2004 Standard Mac for $75 would qualify one to purchase Mac Office 2008 for the $10 (just the S&H charges). Now they inform me that that Microsoft reneged (their word) on that deal and t...

Excel and open office
I have made an excel file and protected sheets in it and even hidden some of the worksheets with macros. But when i open the xls file in Open Office (linux) It shows all the worksheets and there is no protection. I dont want to display the hidden sheets in any OS(or Package). any work arounds? Kindly help Hi Priya, workaround: Don't use Open Office or pretend it doesn't exist. Open Office is a different software program, it can read Excel files but it is not Excel. It's great for recovery of Excel files. Possibly features of exposing data while helpful in some areas a...

Reinstalling Office X After a HD Failure
My HD had a catastrophic failure and I had to replace it. Now I am = trying to=20 reinstall Office X from the most recent upgrade disk (I've purchased = every=20 upgrade for as long as I have been using Office) and the software is = looking=20 for the older version for upgrade verification. =20 I've systematically "browsed" to the CDs from every earlier verion I = have, but=20 the verification is not accepted. Suggestions? Rodney Dixon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My HD had a catastrophic failure and I had to replace it. Now I am trying to > ...

Sending POP 3 email
Once I read a POP 3 email using Winsock, how can I send an email (whose content is the POP 3 email that I just read) out in the POP 3 server using Winsock ? Thank you POP is for receiving SMTP is for sending. So either make you own SMTP control or there are some available like ostrosoft smtp "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message news:elTQmQ4TLHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | Once I read a POP 3 email using Winsock, how can I send an email (whose | content is the POP 3 email that I just read) out in the POP 3 server using | Winsock ? | | ...

Microsoft Office 2000 error 1706
I have a reoccuring error with Office 2000 on multiple machines, where it attempts to install the program every time it loads. The program install was done as a custom where all features were installed to the hard disk. The only personel that have the problem are those that are not administrators to the local machine. And even after an Administrator has used every application, a common domain user still has recieves the 1706 error. Each install is updated to SR-1 and Service Pack 3. Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated. ...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

Desktop Alert #3
Is it possible to get a new desktop alert for sub folders as you get for the main inbox? I have set a rule to create an alert but it is a permanent box on the screen and does not didapper until you click close unlike the alert for inbox. On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 06:44:41 -0700, "Drew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to get a new desktop alert for sub folders >as you get for the main inbox? >I have set a rule to create an alert but it is a permanent >box on the screen and does not didapper until you click >close unlike the alert...

Office 2007 non-commercial use + Code 78F when updating
Hi All, Have a couple questions relating a Vista/Office 2007. We bought a sony vaio laptop that came pre-intalled with a trial license of office 2007. I un-installed Office completely and install a fresh copy of our partner license copy of office 2007, but when loading any office application now its shows 'Microsoft Outlook non-commercial use' and same for word,excel, etc. Anyone have any idea why this is? Second question is relating to windows updates in Vista; I get an error Code 78F when trying to install any update, and the soultions i try doesnt seem to resolve this issue....

budget won't open in Money 2004
Hi there, I have Money 2004 (oem) on my computer here at work. I've opened my money file that I created at home using Money 2003. The file opens okay (it seems to go through the conversation function just fine), but I cannot access the budget. I can check out everything else: account list, bills, cash flow, etc. But when I click on "Budget" absolutely nothing happens. Can you open the budget if you create a new file? I'm guessing you can. Why you may want to try is to create a new budget on your home file and with that as the active budget, try to convert that file o...