Installation problems

Version: 2008

I am only at the product key part of the installation and it will not let me continue
0
TPenn

> I am only at the product key part of the installation and it will not let me continue <br>
Please disregard this message--problem solved
0
TPenn

setting the status programmatically on a custom entity
Hello, I have the following code which closes a custom entity (5 being the value of the status reason associated with "Close" in the "Inactive" state). THis code is ran in a pre-update plugin. SetStateDynamicEntityRequest request = new SetStateDynamicEntityRequest(); request.Entity = new Moniker(); request.Entity.Name = "lund_cheevent"; request.Entity.Id = CHEEventID; request.State = "Inactive"; request.Status = 5; service.Execute(request); The problem is that I receive the following error: "State Code...

Problems with outgoing e-mail
I am having problems sending e-mails out using my Outlook. I am using a high speed connection in my hotel room. The IT person from the hotel said it's because of their security system (spoofing!?!). I am able to use my browser just fine, Yahoo mail works fine, I receive mail in Outlook fine, but can't send any out The error I get is "The SMTP server name you specified cannot be found". The "My server requires authentication" is checked. I'm afraid it is not my Outlook, and the hotel can't do anything else I appreciate anyone's help. On Wed, 19 May 2004...

Problem with comments
Have a strange problem with a computer I recently updated. I have been imaging computers in order to update several software items - one of which is Excel. The problem I have is with the users old excel documents which we transfer accross (Even those created with the same version). The workbooks contain many comments and these are unaffected - but when a user tries to add a new comment on an old sheet the comment will come up in very light grey and be impossible to read. If you create a new sheet in the same workbook comments are fine. How do you change comment colour for a sheet? It has st...

log-in problem
Hi All, I apparently shut off the power to my computer the other night before windows had finished logging off. Now when I go to start My Money program it gives me the following message: Money has detected that you did not close the file "My Money" before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. If your file is large this may take a few nimutes. Do you want to do this now? If you click no, you'll need to open a different Money file. YES NO Send Error Report If I click Yes or No, it keeps saying the e-mail address or...

Problem refreshing subform
I'm having problems refreshing a local table in a subform. After selecting a new customer on the main form, my code is supposed to delete the records in the subform and inserts the current customer's records for display . The odd thing is that when I insert a breakpoint and step through the code line-by-line, the subform displays the new records just as I intended. But when I remove the break point, the subform remains on the previous customer. What is it about executing the code line-by-line that causes the subform to behave differently? "CDM" <CDM@discuss...

Active Directory Problem
Hi Everyone, Hopefully you can help me out a bit here. Long story short, we had a failure last week that we were unable to recover Active Directory from. As such, we've had to rebuild AD from scratch - now the domain name and all user accounts are recreated and identical to the previous setup. However, I can no longer access CRM. I assume CRM 4.0 is authenticating on, not only AD membership, but based on an AD GUID of some sort - which I can't replicate. How can I get back in to re-load my users? Thanks, Craig Hi, Did u check if the users were part of CRM groups created ...

[ANN] New installer for 12.0.1
MacBu released a new installer for the Office 2008 Update 12.0.1 today. This is not new Office bits to be installed, but the installer itself that was changed. This change was a result of problems experienced by some Office 2008 users having a failed update to 12.0.1. If you are one of the unfortunate few that had problems, this patch is for you. If you were able to successfully update to 12.0.1 then you do not need this patch. Continue reading for steps to properly update Office 2008 to version 12.0.1. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <...

problem in SDI when I close application
Hi, I have made SDI application . But the program crashes in CDocument destructor when I close the application . In this statement: m_pDocTemplate->RemoveDocument(this); I havent changed generated code of document and view class of SDI application. I am unable to understand why it happens. Please help. Thanks, Dhaval Define "crash". There is no such thing. There are exceptions thrown due to access faults or similar errors, and they occur in some specific place in the code; there are assertion failures, which always indicate a line of code. Your description doe...

Problem in setting Substitutes fonts to CButton
I developed an MFC application. It is setting fonts properly. But it is not setting fonts for Substitutes fonts like Arial CE, Arial CYR in Windows 2000. Also same font is working fine in edit box. Please let me know if you have any solution to it. Regards, Ganapathi ...

Vista/Access Database Network Problem
Has the very serious network problem in Vista covered by Article 935366 "Issues that you may encounter when you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista" been fixed by either Vista SP1 or Access SP3? I can't find any reference to a fix in these service packs?? To lose your data is indeed a very serious bug. Part of the article on 935366 states: When you open or are using a Microsoft Office Access database on a computer that is running Windows Vista, you may encounter one or more of the following issues: .. Access ...

Excel 2000: Regional date problem
We'e just upgraded from Excel 97 to 2000 and are having problems because dates in spreadsheets are showing in US (mm/dd/yy) format rather than in European (dd/mm/yy). This si true whether I use a standard date format or make a custom format. I've checked the regional settings in Windows 2000, and they are correct. I thought Excel picked up the default from here. Any other ideas where I might look? Thanks in advance Alan I wasn't able to duplicate your problem, Alan. I switched to UK settings through Regional Settings. Then I opened Excel 97 and entered =NOW() in two ce...

labelflash problems
You'll need to copy the file gdiplus.dll l into your bin-directory.how do i do this Have you tried the support at labelflash? This .dll was included in Windows, have you looked on your disk? Help here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533798(VS.85).aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "countryfella" <countryfella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CA16383-2D50-4465-AF13-6F99962C607B@microsoft.com... > You'll need to copy the file gdiplus.dll l into your bin-directory.how do i > do this i have vista premium 32 bit os.i downl...

Problems Sending/Receiving Email
I am using Outlook 2000 SP-3. Suddenly I've been having problems sending/receiving email. When I click the send/receive icon nothing happens at all. Nothing gets sent or received and no dialog box or error message pops up. I've also tried sending/receiving through the Tools menu and nothing happens. It's as though I never tried to send the message at all. If I restart my computer it "works" again. But I'm having to restart my computer several times a day in order to be able to check my messages! Any ideas? "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussi...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

Problem with versions of word and outlook
Hi My access app uses word and outlook references which I can not get rid of due to certain features that my app has. I have this problem that I need to send me app to various clients who have varying versions of outlook and word and thus my app fails to run. Is there anyway my app can find the versions of outlook/word at start-up and readjust links to appropriate versions of outlook/word before continuing? If not, is there another way to fix this problem? Many thanks. Any help would be appreciated. I am really stuck. Regards Whoa: no need to include so many newsgroups! Consider u...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

moving from c++ to visual studio c++ (winpcap) problem
Hi ! i have a problem related to winpcap, i'm curretly making a sniffer aplication for my studies. I want to accomplish this http://www.winpcap.org/docs/man/html/group__wpcap__tut3.html but in visual studio, the problem is related to the function pcap_loop(adhandle, 0, packet_handler, NULL); it has a pointer to the function packet_handler. It works fine in console, but how do i make it work in windows forms?? a have made an form with an button which pressed should do the stuff that the function main does in te program from the above linlk, but should call the function from inside the c...

RE RE: XP Install
Thank you for the information. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- Dilly Dally wrote: > Thank you for the information. Did you post a whole new conversation to 'reply' to one you started? It certainly looks like it right now: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/1cff3f90816a82a9/ That is your original posting - as archived. As of right now (could be I need to wait for it ...

problem while starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service
Hi, I am facing some problem with starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service. Did a fresh exchange server installation and after reboot this service was not running. I tried running this service manually but getting error as "Could not start Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on Local Computer Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" In the event Application logs i am getting some warnings and error related to 1. The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error ...

Problems with Holidays
Hi there. I am using Outlook 2000 for Windows XP - Home Edition. I have followed the instructions to add holidays to my calendar - in this case, Canadian and Christian holidays. Once I complete the process, there are no holidays there. I have been reading on this group about "OutHol.exe". What is this file? Do I need it? If so, how can I get it? When you reply, can you please reply by email to llimbo72@yahoo.com? For some reason my hotmail account randomly decides not to deliver mail from some people, so I can't rely on it. Limbo. If you have Outlook 2000 or an earlier ...

Problem with WMC for Win7 x64 -- live TV setup problem
When I try to setup WMC (Win7 x64) for live TV it goes through the region setting question, then the zip code, then when it goes to "configuring" it hangs. I got a tip to run "mcupdate.exe" from another forum to overcome the hanging. After is scans for channels it asks if ATSC digital is what I want (I do, for OTA TV)... then comes this dreaded screen: http://i49.tinypic.com/2qb5dac.jpg "TV setup has encountered a serious problem. Select Finish to exit, then try again. If this problem persists, restart Windows Media Center or the computer." I&...

Chart Linking Problem
I have a chart linked into my active worksheet. The linked chart is a bar graph whose data is based upon the offset formula which was chosen to automatically update the chart based upon the new month's data. However, my active worksheet will not update the chart. When I try to update it manually I get the message that says: "The name you specified is defined as something other than a rectangular cell reference". Anyone ever see this? Any thoughts on how to work around this? ...

repeater eval problem
I got a repeater like this: <asp:Repeater id="ParentRepeater" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="OnItemDataBound"> <HeaderTemplate> <ul> </HeaderTemplate> <FooterTemplate> </ul> </FooterTemplate> <ItemTemplate> <li><b><%# Eval("imagem") %></b></li> </ItemTemplate> </asp:Repeater> The designers will work the css and html page, its why im hoping for something like this: <ItemTemplate> ...

Problems with "Group by Conversation"
Hi, i'm currently using Windows Live Mail Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726 and i have the following Problem with the Newsgroups: For example, if i start a Conversation with a generic subject "Help !" and i get replies, it gets sorted (with a +) under the first post. If i use that Subject EVER again, even if i didn't reply to the first post but creating a complete new post (just with the same subject) it gets sorted beneath my very first post, even if its eons away. My question is, how can i get the posts sorted so it just puts the messages which are actual ...

Problem Saving
Wow, got a good one and finding nothing... I have a user who checks out a file, (Excel in this case), Edits the tile, saves and checks back in via Excel. Then when another user opens said file the changes are not present. The version history lists the revision time and date by the user but the changes are not present. No errors on saving or checking in, nothing. Extremely weird and I was wondering if anyone else has seen anything like this... WSS 3.0 Client is Windows 7/IE8/Office 2007. Any ideas are welcome... Thanks, Derek Weird. May not have anything to do w...