Installation of Office 2004 on OS X 10.5 Leopard

I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5
and something is amiss.

Three (probably related) symptoms I observed:

1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt:
"An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft
Framework library."

2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the
application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and
doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if
running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's
website.

(even on my wife's MacBook, AutoUpdate quit updating after an archive
and install of 10.5. where Office 2004 was already installed. So it
seems to be a 10.5 specific issue).

3. I subsequently installed the latest version of EndNote for Mac (v.
X.0.2), but it won't integrate with (won't find?) Microsoft Word.
EndNote should be accessible through Word's Tool menu bar.

I don't know who can fix this, Microsoft or Apple. So I'm posting at
both places. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

Tom

In article <1194859508.376223.177830@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>,
 ratliff.tom@gmail.com wrote:

> I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5
> and something is amiss.
>
> Three (probably related) symptoms I observed:
>
> 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt:
> "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft
> Framework library."

Hmmm... I don't get that on any of my Leopard machines.

> 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the
> application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and
> doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if
> running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's
> website.
>
> (even on my wife's MacBook, AutoUpdate quit updating after an archive
> and install of 10.5. where Office 2004 was already installed. So it
> seems to be a 10.5 specific issue).

I don't get this either...

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to

JR
 ratliff.tom@gmail.com wrote:

> I installed Office 2004 (and EndNote) after upgrading to Leopard 10.5
> and something is amiss.
>
> Three (probably related) symptoms I observed:
>
> 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt:
> "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft
> Framework library."
>
> 2. When trying to update Office 2004 via Microsoft AutoUpdate, the
> application recognizes any out-of-date versions, but then hangs and
> doesn't download anything (requires a force quit). Also hangs if
> running updates that were manually downloaded from Microsoft's
> website.
>
> (even on my wife's MacBook, AutoUpdate quit updating after an archive
> and install of 10.5. where Office 2004 was already installed. So it
> seems to be a 10.5 specific issue).
>
> 3. I subsequently installed the latest version of EndNote for Mac (v.
> X.0.2), but it won't integrate with (won't find?) Microsoft Word.
> EndNote should be accessible through Word's Tool menu bar.
>
> I don't know who can fix this, Microsoft or Apple. So I'm posting at
> both places. Hopefully there is a fix soon.

Can't tell you about EndNote, except that its relationship with Word has
been so buggy over the years that I've given up trying.

Since AutoUpdate isn't working, I'd recommend removing Office using the
Remove Office application (anything else isn't likely to help),
reinstalling, and updating by downloading the relevant updaters
(starting with 11.3.5) from Mactopia and run them.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
11/12/2007 5:30:09 PM
On November12Monday11/12/07 1:25 AM, in article
"ratliff.tom@gmail.com" <ratliff.tom@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. After the install, when opening Word, I'm greeted with the prompt:
> "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft
> Framework library."

From the Error Page:
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/text.html#error_fw>

Option 1) If you receive a framework error, re-apply recent updates. A
framework error normally means one or more components of Office have not
been updated correctly and are now out of synch with other bits.

Option 2) The "Framework error" is basically a (generic) message indicating
the application can't connect to the Database or to the expected information
inside the Database. The reasons may differ and so may the methods to solve
it.

Some users have resorted to deleting the MUD folder, but before you do that
try some other methods (repairing permissions, rebuilding the Database,...)
before you take a drastic action like deleting the MUD folder.

Another option to deleting the Microsoft User Data folder is to move it to
the desktop and rename it. Let Entourage create a new MUD folder then you
should be able to move your Identity back to the correct location.

Mactopia Downloads
<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx>

You need to get these updaters:

11.3.5 combo
11.3.6 requires 11.3.5 to be installed
11.3.7 requires 11.3.6 to be installed
11.3.8 requires 11.3.7 to be installed
--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

diane7495 (1195)
11/12/2007 11:37:33 PM
Hi Ratliff,

The framework error is a result of not installing the office updates. Did
you attempt to manually install any updates?  The way to launch the
autoupdate utility is from the Help menu of any office application.

EndNote X has no known compatibility problems with Word or Leopard. I just
installed Leopard, then Office 2004 and Endnote on a new laptop today.

By any chance do you still have the trial version of office on your
computer?  If so, use the Remove Office tool to get rid of it, as the trial
version may be trying to be the default application instead of the actual
version.

-Jim

Quoting from "ratliff.tom@gmail.com" <ratliff.tom@gmail.com>, in article
1194859508.376223.177830@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com, on [DATE:

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
goldkey74 (611)

testing #10
cant post? "JDS" <jdslater@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:6YLMl.688725$yE1.662347@attbi_s21... > cant post? Clearly you can, but this is the wrong newsgroup for test posts. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Hyperlinks #10
I have a 9 page site created with Publisher. I saved it as an html file and when I open it, all the links work fine. However, I've uploaded it and none of the links on page 1 work. Of course, i can't get to page 2 to see if any of those work. What to do? Thanks for any help. What to do? Post your url so someone can see what the problem might be. A stab in the dark is that Pub is turning your text into one large graphic. Mike frazzeled wrote: > I have a 9 page site created with Publisher. I saved it as an html file and > when I open it, all the links work fine. Ho...

Excel Jululian 04-28-10
Good morning please help can i create an index sheet for all my excels files (XLS) regrads yes george, if thats what you want to do. RegMigrant "George A. Jululian" wrote: > Good morning > > please help > > can i create an index sheet for all my excels files (XLS) > > regrads oh, go on then two ways - build an excel macro what gets the information from windows so can (kind of) keep itself up to date. I am guessing you have no macro background so i offer the much cheaper way:- got to Start, run type "cmd" wi...

excel 2007 installation
Hello: I used to have Excel XP and I install Excel 2007. Problem: I want to ger rid of the personalized features I have in XP and install Excell 2077 with the default parameters as it come from the manufacturer. Please help. Elitor Did you try just uninstalling the Excel XP version first? If so, did that not help? I've not tried this so I'd like to know! "Elitor" <Elitor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C1B1E5E-0EAA-42EB-8CC2-5A228ADF8578@microsoft.com... > Hello: > I used to have Excel XP and I install Excel 2007. > Problem: I want to ...

Primary Axis(X) Formating Issue
I'm using a custom type chart (Lines on 2 Axes) and I'm using two different ranges for the Category (X) axis labels and the Second category (X) axis labels in order to display some additional information on the chart. When I say two different ranges I mean the rows are the same, but the columns are different. The problem I'm having is I want to use a custom format (dd-MMM-yy) to display the dates, but when I do so the dates have format MMM-yy-dd. The only way I can get the dates to display accurately is to use the Date format with the * (either *03/14/01 or *March 14, 20...

How can I draw a Parabola in Excel? like y = x^2 + 3
In a1:a10 enter numbers such as 1,2,3.... In b1 type =a1^2+3 copy this down to B10 select a1:b10; click chart wizard; select XY chart done now play with values in A to get what you need best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Max" <Max@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72AB641-F882-4DAD-B0C3-322297A124FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Money 2007 ofx inport not working anymore afer MS Acounting Instal
Hi I just installed the 2008 version of Microsoft Accounting and now my Money 2007 bankstatements ( ofx files) don't import into Money 2007 anymore :(. Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks, Matt I know nothing about Microsoft Accounting and the file types it uses but you can see what program is registered for ofx files by checking the folder options under Windows explorer. You can even point it back to "Microsoft Money import handler" by clicking change. Art "guenthmn" <guenthmn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:630CEF3D-41AD-48FF-9D7A-26...

Bubble chart will not pick X series
I am trying to draw a bubble chart. The X values are dates in the next few years. However when the graph i drawn, these X values are ignored, and Excel uses the row number of th cell containing the data instead. I can confirm this by moving the pointer over the bubbles. The labe that pops up says <Point "01/01/09" (50, 6%)>, when really it should b <Point 50 ("01/01/09", 6%)>. Has anyone seen this before? it's the second time it happens to me i different files. Thanks in advanc -- lupocattiv ------------------------------------------------------------...

Save Dialog Box for Smartphone 5.0
Dear, I am developing an application to enable user to save file with desired file name, I can get a save dialog box in Pocket PC 5.0 using GetSaveFilaName API, but it dont work for Smartphone 5.0. Is there any way to get Save Dialog Box in Smartphone 5.0 using VC++. I would realy appriciate any help. Thanx Atif ...

How to Route Outbound E-mail from the Exchange Server 5.5 to another server.
Hi. I'm implementing an e-mail filter software and I need to configure my Exchange Server to route outbound e-mail to the e-mail filter server. I went to the connection tap and changed the message delivery to : Forward all message to host : "My e-mail filter server ". I need to know if what I've done is correct ? Thank you for your help. Yes, that's where you make the change. Don't forget to restart the IMS in order to affect the change. -- hth, SusanV "Javier" <jbisono@tricom.com.do> wrote in message news:uPVHjhl9DHA.1472@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

Using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for Office installation
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of Windows XP SP3. Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003. (1) Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3. I know Microsoft article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove the actual Office program; it is only going to remove ...

office 2003 #5
i installed office 2003 about an year ago. now my outlook can not send/recieve. i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling it but there is no change. any thoughts out there? Ed And what happens when you Test Accounts? "Ed" <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1e2dnaI8DLaFkYDbnZ2dnUVZ_s-rnZ2d@comcast.com... > i installed office 2003 about an year ago. now my outlook can not > send/recieve. i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling it > but > there is no change. any thoughts out there? > > Ed > > it works f...

Help Downloading OS to Target
Hi all. Kind of new to CE. I have managed to build a CEPC OS and have tested it on MS Virtual Machine. Problem I am having is trying to download it to the CEPC. From everything I can find, I need to have a 1.44 boot disk. Neither of my machines have a floppy drive. Ultimately, an ISO that can be burned to CD would be great! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. That depends on the media that your BIOS supports for booting -- Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc....

Modifying the Assembly transaction entry window-X in corner
I would like to modify the window that pops open after you change anything on the Assembly Transaction entry window (Transaction>Inventory>Assembly Entry) This window is labelled: Microsoft Dynamics GP and the question is: Do you want to sasve changes or delete document number xxxxx (I would like to remove the delete button) How do I find this window in modifier? thanks -- Doug That is a dialog box, and it does not exist as a "window" that can be modified. To accomplish what you want you would need to modify the behavior of the Assembly Trx window to prevent ...

Office 2007: English language pack necessary?
Hi, 3rd time lucky I'm hoping (I've posted this twice - successfully acccording to the system, but neither has shown up). I'm trying to convert my trial into the full program. I'm on the last leg of the process and breing offered an English language pack at $40. Do I need it or not - the page doesn't tell me. I'm assuming that downloading in an English-spreaking country I don't, but what is in it? If I do need it buying later may be more difficult/expensive. Thanks. You are not able to do this. You need to purchase an English version of Office a...

Testing 05-14-10
for testing ...

Problems with CRM 3.0 install
I'm sure that I've just done something idiotic, but I'm throwing myself on the mercy of the group. I've installed CRM 3.0 Small Business on SBS2003 Standard server. The install seemed to go ok, but I'm having the following problems that I can't seem to resolve: 1) I can connect from my laptop to the crm server via IE using http:<url>:5555, but I cannot get the installed version of the CRM client to work on my laptop. I keep getting the error message that it cannot communicate with the crm server. 2) From the CRM Web interface I can send an email directly to a ...

How to view standard 40 colour palette in office 7?
In Office 7, word & excel when trying to pick font colour or fill colour i just get themed colours and only 10 standard colours, how can i change so i can pick from the original 40 standard colours available in earlier versions of office? I used to use all of the 40 standard colours and now I can only find 10 i'm really stuck with matching colours. Thanks You want to reduce the 60 choices you have now to 40? Tracy wrote: > In Office 7, word & excel when trying to pick font colour or fill colour i > just get themed colours and only 10 standard colours, how ca...

Bill Pay #5
I keep getting booted out of money when setting up bill payments. I'm never able to complete a transaction. I get asked if I want to send error report which I do. Does anyone have a fix for this? Or do I need to switch to quicken? I've had this happen to me as well. This happens when the program has become corrupt. Try reinstalling Money. It will not overwrite your Money file but may convert any personal settings you have made to the program. Make sure that when you reinstall Money that you open with your original file. In one instance reinstalling Money did not work for me. I ...

Entourage in Office for Mac 2008 features #3
Some of the features I used every day in Office 2004 appear to be gone. How do you save a contact without having to create a new window every time? There used to be a "Save" box at the bottom of the "Create Contact" box. Now you have to click "More", then go back into Address Book, create a new Create Contact window and make 3 steps in what used to be one simple, save and the box re-appeared blank. I just found you can add the "Save and New" icon to the toolbar. In article <ee8a70a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: >...

I need help with Ex5.5 OWA
Can someone please tell me how to set it up. I'm new to this company and I'd like to set this up for them as an alternative to check emails. My Enviornment: Windows 2000 Active Directory Exchange 5.5 You help will be appreciated. "nadia" <nadia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA4EED49-AEBD-4B43-8D69-87CD7AB1EF72@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how to set it up. > I'm new to this company and I'd like to set this up for them as an > alternative to check emails. > > My Enviornment: Windows 2000 Active Directory...

GP 7.5 migrate from server to server
Hi there, We're planning on moving our Great Plains system from one server to another, and I'm trying to find out exactly what is involved. I don't know much about the exact specifics of how GP operates, but I have heard it is a client-only footprint? It's a SQL Server environment, currently running on a SBS 2003 server, and it will be moving to a 2003 Server with SQL Standard. Same domain, etc. Can someone run me through the steps that we would need to go through? Server-side, I would imagine its just a case of detaching and re-attaching the DB? What client settings w...

Upgrade Office 2008 for Mac (Home and Student Edition) to Full version of Office 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi all, I purchased the Home and Student Edition of Office 2008 for Mac about 2 months ago. Now I've discovered that in order to be able to synchronize Entourage with my computer at work I need Exchange support and that this means I need the full version of Office 2008. But I can't figure out how to upgrade. I've done a variety of searches but have turned up nothing. Any suggestions? Also, I am an academic so if at all possible I would like to purchase the upgrade path at the academic discount (if there is o...

Contacts did not import into Office/Word 2008 for Mac
I just installed Office:mac 2008 but my contacts did not import to the new Word. Anyone have a solution for fixing this? On 3/5/08 7:14 PM, in article ee8fea2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "steppace@officeformac.com" <steppace@officeformac.com> wrote: > I just installed Office:mac 2008 but my contacts did not import to the new > Word. Anyone have a solution for fixing this? Contacts are imported into Entourage's Address Book. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Bl...

Sub Form Question 05-31-10
Hello, I have a movie database: Movie table,Disk table, Set table, Book table and Slot table. There is a one to many relationship on movie/disk; set/book, book/slot and disk/slot. I have a form showing basic movie information which has a sub form showing the discs in the movie and the book/slots each disc occupies. I also have a browser object at the bottom of the form to show the IBDB page for that movie. My problem is that the disc portion of the sub form and the slot portion seem to be tied together. I need to move the slot portion up an a horizontal plane with the disc po...