Identity not importing when upgrading from MSO2004 to MSO2008

0
JGP (1)

JGP@officeformac.com wrote:
> I just performed the upgrade from MSO 2004 to 2008. Using the import
> tool to get all my Entourage data doesn't works; the message states that
> no identity is found altough the file is there. In fact I can still run
> Entourage 2004.
>
> Any suggestions?

I've been informed that the presence of a "cache" file with the Database
file is normal for Entourage X but I do know the presence with the
Database in Entourage 2004 will cause this behavior.

Have a look in /Users/<your user folder>/Documents/Microsoft User
Data/Office 2004 Identities/Main Identity for the presence of a cache
file. If it's there then move it to the Desktop and try again.

FYI, "Main Identity" is the default name of your identity but may have
been renamed to something else.

Hope this helps!

--

bill

William M. Smith, Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows
Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/>
mecklists1 (142)

Date errors upgrading
I just transfered data from an older version of Microsoft money to the new version that came loaded on my new computer. All my entries for the years 2000-2003 transfered as 1900, 1901, 1902, and 1903. Therefore all deposits, checks, etc. show way out of sequence. Is there any "quick" fix methods to change these dates. I really don't want to waste DAYS literally changing every date for those 4 years of entries. Thanks Cindy What are the old/new versions involved? This seems very odd and has never been reported before--it seems likely that this would have been if it wer...

importing mail and addressbook
I have been unable to import the addressbook and mail from Outlook express on win98. I have followed the kb articles and still no success. Does someone have a workaround? TIA Bob You failed to provide enough information. Provide details. Import into what program? What steps did you use and what happened? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Bob Hartung" <rwhart@netexpress.net> wrote in message news:bml2dr$382@library1.airnews.net... > I have been unable to import the addressbook and mail from Outlook express > on win98. I have followed the kb articles and still no ...

Is there an upgrade for Micosoft Office Basic 2003 to 2007?
Would like to know which version of Microsoft Office 2007 is the upgrade for Microsoft Office Basic. See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101754511033.aspx -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Kristy" <Kristy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97E75D57-9FA1-4ADF-9CD9-24718CFDE454@microsoft.com... > Would like to know which version of Microsoft Office 2007 is the upgrade > for > Microsoft Office Basic. "Kristy" <Kristy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Import Address Book (WAB file) to contacts of outlook 2003
Greetings I have newly started to use Outlook 2003 and need to import my address book data to its contacts. How can I import it? I tried import/export of Outlook 2003 but surprisingly I didn't find any option for WAB files. Thanks in advance Assuming that the Windows Address Book is configured to use your *.wab, you can do this one of two ways. Method 1 * Start Outlook 2003 * Select File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and addresses * Follow the wizard at this point Method 2 * Start the Windows Address Book * Export your items to a CSV file * Import the CSV file into Outlo...

importing to Outlook 2007
How can I move emails stored in Demon Turnpike to Outlook 2007 pinehurst <pinehurst@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I move emails stored in Demon Turnpike to Outlook 2007 Export them with Demon Turnpike in whatever format it supports that's compatible with a format Outlook will import. A five second Google shows that Demon Turnpike can export in an mBox format. You should be able to import this into Outlook Express (use the Eudora or Netscape Communicator selection) and then export to Outlook from there. However, another five second consult of www.demon.net s...

Windows 7 upgrade of XP Pro with IE 8 and getting Certificate Erro
My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro with Windows 7 Pro and I also had IE running on my machine under XP. now when I browse to many sites I am getting a certificate warning message in IE. I can choose to continue on to the site (even though it says that is not recommended.). But this is VERY ANNOYING! Pleas help! I have tried adjusting many different IE settings, and verified the date-time is correct on my PC. This is happening on valid web sites. So far not very happy with this upgrade! Below is the error message I am seeing in IE: -----------------------------------...

How do I upgrade ?
Hi, I purchased a powerbook and office last month, I was told that I will receive a free upgrade of office. Where and how do I claim this ? Am I supposed to receive this via mail or should I go to the store where I purchased it and show proof. Thanks, Francisco Perez-Landaeta On 5/24/04 14:48, in article BCD7D7CE.2B44%fplandae@hotmail.com, "Francisco Perez-Landaeta" <fplandae@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I purchased a powerbook and office last month, I was told that I will > receive a free upgrade of office. Where and how do I claim this ? Am I > supposed to receive ...

Imported objects
Hi When a file is imported into Excel from another package it imports a lot of "invisible" objects that make the file very large. There are quite a lot of changes to be made to the file anyway which I am sorting out in VBA, but I don't know a way of quickly selecting and deleting all the objects in a file other than the manual way. Does anyone know how this can be done? Many thanks. Hi F5 Special Object Ok Press the delete key now -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "aehan" <aehan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E4BD1...

how can I import excel data to word document
I need to import a file from excel spreadsheet to word format kindy advice me on this thanks and regards powersree Copy and paste, copy and paste special as picture, open a copy of the file in word, post the question in a word newsgroup? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "powersree" <powersree@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:357CA013-6D63-4EF7-9C3A-FE991C550AC7@microsoft.com... > I need to import a file from excel spreadsheet to word format kindy advice > me on this > > thanks and regards > > powersree ...

Importing xml Data into Excel 2002
It appears that there is a bug in Excel 2002 relating to importing xml files. If the xml file is empty for example: <?xml version="1.0"?> <SUA1500> </SUA1500> Excel 2002 will crash when trying to import this using Import Data, or New Web Query. However, if the file contains something inside these tags, like: <?xml version="1.0"?> <SUA1500> Something </SUA1500> Excel 2002 will not crash. I tried various combinations of this, and it appears that Excel crashes only if there is one empty tag. If there are other populated tags such as:...

Can not import Outlook 2003 PST into Outlook XP
Hi there, I am using MS Outlook XP and need to import a PST file that was generated in Outlook 2003. However when I try to do this I get the following error message: 'outlook.pst is not compatible with this version of the Personal Folders information service. Contact your administrator.' Is there anyway around this please? Any help would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Gary. You'll need to use Outlook 2003 for this and create an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file and export the data to that file. For more info see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/downgradefromoutlook20...

FRX Upgrade Woes
I am upgrading 10 users from 6.5 to 6.7 I have done six but for four users I keep getting an "Install Assist Error. Please contact Technical Support BEFORE attempting to launch FRx..." When I look at the log, all I see is "Upgrade Procedure... TERMINATED" there is nothing else in the file. Any Ideas why or suggestions as how to get around this. These four users all have very new computers could this be the cause. They all have administrator privileges during the setup ...

Incompatible Error upgrading to 2005
I have MS Money 2002 (not sure what region it is - anyway to find out??) - it says MS 2002 Deluxe V10.0. I have just bought MS 2005 Intl (which i presume is International) purchased in New Zealand. I am getting the incompatible error which i guess is version/region related. Is there any tool to convert the versions?? Or do i have to very painfully, export every account (re-activate closed accounts to export these ones), and then reload into the new version? When i import them in, do they keep all the account details per account, eg name, number, interest rates etc?? is there a way ...

Imported Quicksell data not in reports
Has anyone else here converted a Quicksell database into RMS? We switched over from QS to RMS recently. And now, when I run a Year-to-Date Sales Report.. I've noticed that the sales numbers only reflect sales data since we installed RMS. In other words, none of the old quicksell data is in the reports. Now.. if I run a detailed sales report on a date before we switched over to RMS, the data is correct; so the QS data IS there, but apparently isn't calculated into the report when we do Year-To-Date reports. Nevermind. the issue had to do with some changes to how the items wer...

Mail merging/importing contact data
hi, when i import e-mail contact data from my excel program into my outlook contacts, only the first letter of the e-mail appears. how can i fix it? is it a programming error or did i do something wrong? Hi Elle, I presume you are using a CSV file from Excel to Outlook addressbook. Double check your work by creating or verifying that everything in an item in your address book is correct. Then Export that address book, and when you do be sure to check off each item that you use when exporting, including first name, middle name, last name, full name. Check the column headings, y...

Upgrading to Money 2004 #5
I am upgrading from Money 2001 deluxe to 2004 Premium. I am receiving and error message that says: "Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of the "Monthly Cash Flow" report is no longer available. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you shoulf reset manually to avoid unreliable information" This message pops up without warning. I have attempted to reset the report but the error continues. Thanks, Jeff I can;t see that report as one of the standard ones on my version of 2004, not sure whether it is on yours. If not, then you should delete ...

identities.
i want to send email through Outlook XP using different identities. I have tried writing 2 different emails with 2 different identities but when i sent it both were sent with the identity i last entered in the settings!!! How can i send them with different identities? Many thanks for your help. What do you mean by identities? Outlook has no such term. Do you mean a different email account? If so, list the steps you used. How else could we figure out why it didn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "RayOfLight" <kelon100NOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0gmrjv4g1...

how to import pst file to exchange 2007 mailbox
Anybody knows how to import the pst file to the specific mailbox on the exchange 2007 server? Thanks, Thiha Using Outlook? :) -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "thkz" <thihakyawzaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174603762.095620.81040@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > Anybody knows how to import the pst file to the specific mailbox on > the exchange 2007 server? > > Thanks, > Thiha > No. I'm looking for a way that exchange server 2007 has...

Importing data from MS Access to Outlook
I have tried unsuccessfully to send text message from MS Access to Outlook Express (MS Access has a SendObject command to send data. It works but will only send 255 or 256 characters, the rest is truncated). I'm wondering if the opposite will work. Can I set up a form text message in Outlook and import certain data from my MS Access database (someone's name, email, etc) or am I way off base? Thanks in advance for any help. -- Ceedy "Ceedy" <Ceedy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38A8EED0-3795-4977-B0FE-A5F5F37908BB@microsoft.com... >I have...

upgrading from Outlook Express to Windows Mail
Trying to upgrade from Outlook Express to Windows mail. Am not receiving mail and can't send mail out. Message "The host SMPT could not be found" and "The host POP3" could not be found. Need help. Make the SMTP port 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. Follow all directions at this link to the letter. How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live Mail for Comcast email? http://www.comcast.com/customers/faq/FaqDetails.ashx?Id=2288 -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Impe...

Import template
I would like to create a set of Bulk Import templates for Accounts, Leads, and Contacts. Particularly w/ Marketing & Purchased Lists, the format is the same and some of the field values are the same. If we had a template to use for imports, we would not have to do the manual mapping for every field every time we import a purchase list into CRM. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 484-696-3026 www.visalign.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&...

Importing Netscape address book into Exchange/Outlook
I have a Netscape address book (the file extensionis .na2) that I need to import into Outlook/Exchange. Does anyone know of a tool to import it, or convert it? It doesn't appear to be a native option in Outlook. Thanks, Brian Try to solution in this article. Once you get it to OE you should be able to get it to Outlook. OLEXP: Unable to Import Netscape 4.6x Address Book in Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238892 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this a...

Importing bank statement that has a different date format
Is there a way import a money format statement file that has a different date format? I use mm-dd-yyyy format in my Money but i would like to import statements that have the dd-mm-yyyy format! Curretnly i open the file in notepad and manually change the dates and then import the file into money. It would be nice to have an option to automate this during the import process! Thanks VJ ...

Lost name when importing contacts from WM to WLM
When I import the contacts (from Windows Mail) into Windows Live Mail, the contact name is lost, only the e-mail address is imported. The name is lost and the emal address is shown in the name field in Windown Live Mail. How can this be corrected? In Windows Mail, export to a CSV file. Then open that file in in a word processor or spreadsheet. Verify that that the name field is there. Verify the first record for the field names and that they match the fields in the data records below. If that looks fine, when you import the data in Windows Live Mail, make sure that the ...

Importing spreadsheet files
Can you import a (MSOFFICE) .xls file to an .xlr (MSWORKS) file? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "looseela" <looseela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42F0DD42-0C43-4F24-A251-656DB1E5BC2B@microsoft.com... > Can you import a (MSOFFICE) .xls file to an .xlr (MSWORKS) file? NO -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "looseela" <looseela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42F0DD42-0C43-4F24-A251-656DB1E5BC2B@microsoft.com... > Can you import a (MSOFFICE) .xls file to an .xlr (MSWORKS) file? ...