I keep getting and error on start of Office x.v

I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac.  I also
removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i
didn't empty my trash.  So after I installed the full version i keep
getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load
Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs.  I read on
mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the
microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked.  When i tried
to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it
says they are in use.  Framework X is one of them.  So what do i do
now?  I thought about removing the full version and re-installing, but
I have the Student edition and am afraid that if I remove it I will
have to use another of my 3 Product Keys to reinstall and I don't want
to waste these.  what should I do?  Will removing office on my
computer and reinstalling it on the same computer count toward my 3
installs?  I need help bad!!
0
sssimmon (3)

In article <9d81c48f.0308281339.7f7614d2@posting.google.com>,
 sssimmon@eos.ncsu.edu (scott) wrote:

> I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac.  I also
> removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i
> didn't empty my trash.  So after I installed the full version i keep
> getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load
> Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs.  I read on
> mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the
> microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked.  When i tried
> to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it
> says they are in use.  Framework X is one of them.  So what do i do
> now?  I thought about removing the full version and re-installing, but
> I have the Student edition and am afraid that if I remove it I will
> have to use another of my 3 Product Keys to reinstall and I don't want
> to waste these.  what should I do?  Will removing office on my
> computer and reinstalling it on the same computer count toward my 3
> installs?  I need help bad!!

Why not try just restarting the computer and then empty the trash.

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint =  5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
                   7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF
0
tomstiller (24)
8/28/2003 10:04:03 PM
Tom Stiller <tomstiller@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<tomstiller-15B16F.18040328082003@news.comcast.giganews.com>...
> In article <9d81c48f.0308281339.7f7614d2@posting.google.com>,
>  sssimmon@eos.ncsu.edu (scott) wrote:
>
> > I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac.  I also
> > removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i
> > didn't empty my trash.  So after I installed the full version i keep
> > getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load
> > Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs.  I read on
> > mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the
> > microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked.  When i tried
> > to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it
> > says they are in use.  Framework X is one of them.  So what do i do
> > now?  I thought about removing the full version and re-installing, but
> > I have the Student edition and am afraid that if I remove it I will
> > have to use another of my 3 Product Keys to reinstall and I don't want
> > to waste these.  what should I do?  Will removing office on my
> > computer and reinstalling it on the same computer count toward my 3
> > installs?  I need help bad!!
>
> Why not try just restarting the computer and then empty the trash.

I did, with no luck.  i thought that what ever was "using" the file
would not be using after start up but that's not the case.  thanks
anyway for the advance.
0
sssimmon (3)
8/29/2003 3:15:06 AM
On 8/28/03 2:39 PM, in article
9d81c48f.0308281339.7f7614d2@posting.google.com, "scott"
<sssimmon@eos.ncsu.edu> wrote:

> I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac.  I also
> removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i
> didn't empty my trash.  So after I installed the full version i keep
> getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load
> Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs.  I read on
> mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the
> microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked.  When i tried
> to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it
> says they are in use.  Framework X is one of them.  So what do i do
> now?  I thought about removing the full version and re-installing, but
> I have the Student edition and am afraid that if I remove it I will
> have to use another of my 3 Product Keys to reinstall and I don't want
> to waste these.  what should I do?  Will removing office on my
> computer and reinstalling it on the same computer count toward my 3
> installs?  I need help bad!!

How did you remove?

When Office X has been installed over Test Drive, then the Remove Office
tool on the CD is the best way to go. Then you start fresh. If there is only
Test Drive on the computer, then the Remove Test Drive tool works fine.

You should have no problem on the product keys.

--
Diane Ross
MVP Entourage (MVPs are volunteers)

0
dross1 (34)
8/29/2003 7:06:22 PM
On 8/28/03 8:15 PM, in article
9d81c48f.0308281915.1011672e@posting.google.com, "scott"
<sssimmon@eos.ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Tom Stiller <tomstiller@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> In article <9d81c48f.0308281339.7f7614d2@posting.google.com>,
>>  sssimmon@eos.ncsu.edu (scott) wrote:
>>
>>> I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac.  I also
>>> removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i
>>> didn't empty my trash.  So after I installed the full version i keep
>>> getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load
>>> Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs.  I read on
>>> mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the
>>> microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked.  When i tried
>>> to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it
>>> says they are in use.  Framework X is one of them.  So what do i do
>>> now?  I thought about removing the full version and re-installing, but
>>> I have the Student edition and am afraid that if I remove it I will
>>> have to use another of my 3 Product Keys to reinstall and I don't want
>>> to waste these.  what should I do?  Will removing office on my
>>> computer and reinstalling it on the same computer count toward my 3
>>> installs?  I need help bad!!
>>
>> Why not try just restarting the computer and then empty the trash.
>
> I did, with no luck.  i thought that what ever was "using" the file
> would not be using after start up but that's not the case.  thanks
> anyway for the advance.

The problem may be that Office Notifications was set to launch at Login.
Before restarting the computer go to System Preferences/Login Items, and
Remove "Microsoft Database Daemon" if it's there.

Also go to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and Repair Disk permissions.
It sounds as if permissions were not set correctly on the Framework file or
the folder in which it was living.

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP Entourage

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Entourage you are using - 2001 or X.
It's often impossible to answer your questions otherwise.

0
berkowit1 (15)

Error in the equation?
I am relatively new to using excel so here is my problem. I am trying t set the B column to show the result of this equation: =C/25+D2+E10+F6 After I press enter I recieve the message "The formula contains a error, click ok to return to the equation and correct it." I click o and C is highlighted. I've tried to search the help data base for wha I'm doing wrong and found no help. So I came here. :) Am I just going about the process of entering an equation wrong? I wan B to show the result of that equation and obviously I'd enter th numbers for C, D, etc. in their respect...

Out of Office message in outlook
How do you set this up in outlook mail when you are not using exchange? All the help seems to apply to exchange. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107 "GC" <gcami@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5zhpWgvKHA.1964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do you set this up in outlook mail when you are not using exchange? > All the help seems to apply to exchange. > Thank you GC "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:%233jqt7gvKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107 > > &q...

Utilities Error message
I'm in the process of setting up a test server with a copy of some of our companies on a new server (Server 2008 and SQL 2008). I copied the Dynamics database as well as 1 of our company data bases. I installed GP and then ran the SP4 Service pack. However, when I try to run GP Utilities I'm getting a message that says "Other users are currently using Microsoft Dynamics GP. You cannot update tables while anyone is using Microsoft Dynamics GP." I've run the ClearCompanies SQL script and I've also followed the directions in KB 932027 (DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVIT...

Need help to call Compact & Repair Database command from a office VB script
I have a VB script in Excel that runs something like SET db = opendatabase ("Filename") db.querydefs ("Run query 1" etc... What I'm doing is running a query to delete the data in the table, drop the indexes, load the data and then rebuild the indexes. I'd really like to throw in a compact and repair database as well to avoid the 2 GB data limit and the subsequent "invalid parameter limit". Can someone guide me how to run the compact database command please? Thanks. Public Sub CompactDatabase() On Error Resume Next dao.DBEngine.Compac...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

Can "y" be determined for a given "x" on a smoothed x-y plot
Probably. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <4B61EFD2-4954-4366-AA54-556A54460475@microsoft.com>, geoboss@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > ...

get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates
Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? Thanks, Racsus (Racsus@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? DECLARE @offset int, @day varchar(10) SELECT @day = 'Tuesday' SELECT @offset = CASE @day WHEN 'Monday' THEN 1 WHEN 'Tuesday' THEN 2 WHEN 'Mittwoch' THEN 3 WHEN 'Thursday' THEN 4 WHEN 'Friday' THEN 5 ...

If I buy and reinstall the download of office 2008 Stu.Teach from this website will i lose all my papers and documents and ppts?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to do this asap. I cant find my product key and i dont have time to look for it. I am livid but now is not the time to deal with it. I have a deadline of tonight for a major assignment and need to know that what I have already wont be lost when i purchase and download microsoft office from this website. Please anyone help me, a fast response is needed and appreciated. gbachman@officeformac.com wrote: > I need to do this asap. I cant find my product key and i dont have > time to look for it. I am livid but ...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

line chart with separated X data
I need to create a main effects chart which plots three factors (x data) against two levels (y data). example http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/pri/section5/gifs/dexmean.gif This is simple enough using a line chart however I need to separate the factors from each other, have them sit side by side rather than on top of each other. So far the only way I have found to do this is to make three charts, one effect each. One chart with a large chart area and a reduced plot area. The other two charts have the chat area hidden (border and fill off) and lay over the first chart so that the plot a...

Run-Time Error 28
when I used item for sale on POS more than 100, after F12 and then input tender type I have Error #28 out of stack space (source:QSRules) Set Nocount on select item.itemtype, item.parentItem. Item.ParentQuantity, Item.Quantity.............. From Item Where ID=? -My CPU : 1.7 GHz, RAM 256 -My CPU : 2.0 GHz, RAM 512 Both have Error Plase everyone help me.... -_-'' -- TOY2TOY -- TOY2TOY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the ...

y-axis tick mark labels overlap x-axis
Hi, New here, looks like a great place. Wondered if anyone could help me. In Excel 2002 I am plotting a xy scatterplot with an x-axis that run from -25 to +25 (major unit = 5, minor unit = 1) and a y-axis that run from -10 to +12 (major unit =2, minor unit = 1). Crucially, the 'Valu (X) axis Crosses at:' is -10 on the y-axis. Annoyingly, the -10 tick mark label (where the axes meet) untidily sit on top of the x-axis (try it and see what I mean!). Is there anyway to remove the -10 tick mark label without losing th other tick marks on that axis, that go up in steps of -8, -6, -4 etc...

How to get a development copy?
My company is a Microsoft partner, and we'd like to get a development copy of Dynamics GP. Unfortunately it isn't offered in the Action Pack. Does anyone have any ideas on how we could get a copy of it? Thanks Hi there, There are a few options to get a "development" copy: 1. Get an MSDN subscription. All of the Dynamics products are included in that and you also get the SDK's for each, service pack, and additional development resources. This is probably your best bet. or 2. Sign an return an SPA and commit to becoming certified in Dynamics GP and you will recei...

Urgent! Server Error Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes
Hi, This morning, yes before backing up the current customizations... I went in and created a new attribute in the Order Entity called ShippingName. I then mapped from the Contact Entity FullName to this attribute in the Order, updated the order form with this new field, published, tested and it worked. Then I went and check some mapping done last week as there still seemed to be a problem. Turned out it was not correctly mapped, (Address2_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1 should have been Address1_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1) so deleted these mappings and remapped them correctly, then Published. We wa...

How keep chart-datapoints displayed when column-width is set to zero
Hello there, my data basis for a chart has one column, that I don't want to be shown in the spreadsheet. However, when I set this column's width to zero, the correspondig data dissapear from the chart. How can I have both, a hidden column and its values shown in the chart at the same time ? Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. - Select the chart, then select Options from the Tools menu, click on the Chart tab, and UNcheck the Plot Visible Cells Only checkbox. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ hglamy wrote: &...

Budget error in Money 2002
I am experiencing a budget error in Money 2002 for which I can find no Knowledge Base article. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have two annual expenses of $8.50 each for dog licensing. Money somehow absurdly calculates this to be a $9.21 monthly expense, which makes the budget feature, naturally, useless. There is no way to work around it that I can see. Any suggestions? Many thanks, Christa Selig ...

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

Error message creating install package
I am trying create an install package but allways I get error message after pressing OK at the final phase. The message is: "The destination install subfolder name cannot contain any of the following characters: /:*?"<>|+,;=[]" My subfolder's name is Family. Why this message? -- Have a Nice Day! ...

Error Message on Pack and go
Working on a 108Mb Poster, Error Message, "the disk is full publisher. cannot write to file%. I have enough space on the disk, over 100Gb. Is there a limit that publisher can write to? Thanks AJ wrote: > Working on a 108Mb Poster, Error Message, "the disk is full publisher. cannot > write to file%. > > I have enough space on the disk, over 100Gb. > > Is there a limit that publisher can write to? Yes, but you probably aren't hitting it. Are you saving to a network drive or other removeable media? 108MB is rather large for a poster - do you have any par...

Outbound messages got out of the IMC Queue and don't get their destination.
Hi My platform : Windows NT 4.0 sp6 Exchange Server 5.5 sp4 I will appreciate anyone who can give a solution to this problems : when our users sent e-mail out the company, I mean Internet those messeges never reach their destination. I monitor the IMC's queue and every messages got out of the queue, I found not error in the event viewer, neither I received a returned error from those messages, All I can say is that those messages desapear. Javier How is your IMS setup to deliver email? DNS, or SmartHost Click the 'Connections' tab and verify valid settings are in place ...

Workflow Error (Child Workflow added but not visible)
Has anyone ever experienced this before? When using the Child Workflow option in CRM 4.0, I notice at certain areas it allows me to add the CWF but it wont display what it that CWF is. It shows two bullet points(arrows)like it is calling something but it doesnt display what it is, it keeps it hidden. As a result, my parallel wait is not working as it should. I have no idea why because the query is accurate but it leads me to belive that this hidden CWF has something to do with the query not working. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer...

Accepting meeting: Organizer
When trying to accept a meeting it says "you cannot respond to a meeting without an organizer. You must add an organizer field to the item" . I have looked everywhere for this error and cannot find it. Any idea's or input anyone?? Thanks! -C- ...

Outlook 98 Dr.Watson error
Hi, Many users in my organization get Dr.Watson errors on a regular basis when they are using Outlook. They are all running Windows NT4 SP6 with Outlook 98. The errors seem to be the same every time. It is an access violation (exception c0000005) generated by outlook.dbg. I've checked MS Technet and the only relevant article is KB226335, the patch however is not available these days any more. We've tried lots of settings, updates, etc. but nothing seems to help. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to solve this problem? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Kind regar...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item
I can't seems to find out what's wrong. I've gone through everything I can possibly think. HELP! Integrating SOP to GP. Item is corectly entered. Has U of M specified. Price list has that specified too. I even force a constant in the integration but still..... DOC 11 ERROR: Price level GENERAL specified on line 5 for item 5737 is not assigned to the current U of M. ...