How to transfer Autocorrect from Office X to 2004?

when i installed office 2004, none of my autocorrect entries moved
over from office X so i am starting from scratch.  how do i get my
office X autocorrect entries into office 2004?

On 12/18/07 9:33 PM, in article
d27726ff-5e3f-4b60-ba4a-3f2ac7bf7340@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,
"irchamandy" <irchamandy@gmail.com> wrote:

> when i installed office 2004, none of my autocorrect entries moved
> over from office X so i am starting from scratch.  how do i get my
> office X autocorrect entries into office 2004?

You should be able to drag the files to a text editor to open. You can then
copy and paste the info into the new 2004 files. Note there was a name
change from X to 2004.

Entourage 2004: Microsoft Office ACL [English] located in
~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/

Entourage X: �MS Office ACL [English]� located in
~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/

You also might find the Normal file contains your autocorrect entries too.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/path/index.html#office_settings>

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
12/19/2007 6:18:21 AM
Diane Ross wrote:

> You should be able to drag the files to a text editor to open. You can then
> copy and paste the info into the new 2004 files. Note there was a name
> change from X to 2004.

Actually, they're fine to just change the name on the file as you
describe below. It's the same file format.

More info for Word preferences here:
http://word.mvps.org/mac/BackUpPrefs.html

Daiya

> Entourage 2004: Microsoft Office ACL [English] located in
> ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/
>
> Entourage X: ³MS Office ACL [English]² located in
> ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/
>
> You also might find the Normal file contains your autocorrect entries too.
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/path/index.html#office_settings>

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
12/19/2007 1:06:26 PM
On Dec 19, 8:06 am, Daiya Mitchell <daiyaNOS...@mvps.org.INVALID>
wrote:
> Diane Ross wrote:
>
> > You should be able to drag the files to a text editor to open. You can t=
hen
> > copy and paste the info into the new 2004 files. Note there was a name
> > change from X to 2004.
>
> Actually, they're fine to just change the name on the file as you
> describe below. It's the same file format.
>
> More info for Word preferences here:http://word.mvps.org/mac/BackUpPrefs.h=
tml

> Daiya
>
> > Entourage 2004: Microsoft Office ACL [English] located in
> > ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/
>
> > Entourage X: =B3MS Office ACL [English]=B2 located in
> > ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft/
>
> > You also might find the Normal file contains yourautocorrectentries too.=

> > <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/path/index.html#office_settings>

that worked!  thank you!!!

Money 2004: Can't balance savings account
Hello, I'm trying to balance my saving account in Money 2004. This is the first time for this account. I fill in all the info such as statement date, ending balance, etc. Then when I hit "next" nothing happens. The dialog stays up and I can't continue. The only way to get out is to hit "cancel" which of course doesn't balance the account. Anybody know what's going on? Thanks, Boaz ...

Can only send email from office
I can send and receive email using Outlook 2002 (XP) on my laptop from my office with no problems. And I can receive email with no problems when I am away from the office. But when I try to send emails when I am out I get an "Undeliverable" message from the System Administrator. It says: >>Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: lists the subject Sent: 05/22/04 10:55 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'P___B__r' on 05/22/04 10:55 PM 473 p__b__r@yahoo.com relaying prohibited. ...

Altered Ship Country Code Not transfering
Ok, long drawn out case I have been working with Microsoft to no success. When we alter the ship to address details, the country code and country do not move along with the order to backorder/reorder or to invoice. Microsoft has "confirmed" yep, it happens on your system. But they are blaming it on modified forms. I have only modified certain fields to make them "required" so data entry folks put in details we require for our business processes. Microsoft can not, will not, determine what is wrong with the forms file itself or which requirement is causing the ...

2004 Small Business and 2006 Premium on the same PC?
i would like to use 2004 Small Business and 2006 Premium on the same PC since I also have a business. I want one user to use 2004 Small Business and the other to use 2006 Premium on the same PC as user #2. Is that possible? If not, can i install it on a different hard drive and run it from there? In microsoft.public.money, g-money wrote: >i would like to use 2004 Small Business and 2006 Premium on the same PC since >I also have a business. > >I want one user to use 2004 Small Business and the other to use 2006 Premium >on the same PC as user #2. > >Is that possibl...

microsoft office setup assistant
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) after I install the office home and student edition I can not run my office.When I open my office, the microsoft setup assiatant always appear and ask me for update. Even after update and I try to open my office but this appear again. Please help me.... On 4/6/09 7:30 PM, "zenny_pham@officeformac.com" <zenny_pham@officeformac.com> wrote: > after I install the office home and student edition I can not run my > office.When I open my office, the microsoft setup assiatant always appear and > ask me for update. &l...

Help with adding x-axis major gridlines
I'm trying to make a chart that will have small tick-marks along the x-axis for a fiscal week, and a long tick-mark separating the fiscal month. I think I'm not formatting the data properly in the worksheet. Any ideas? Use a Line chart with dates as the X values. Double click the X axis. On the Scale tab, set the X axis minimum to occur on the 1st of a month. Set the Base Unit to Day(s), the Major Unit to 1 Month(s), the Minor Unit to 7 Day(s). On the Patterns tab, choose whatever for Major Ticks and something besides None for Minor Ticks. Click OK. On the Chart menu, choose C...

Invalid Product Key for Office 2007
Hello, I bought myself a new HP laptop for personal use. Before buying it I muled for a while if I should be conservative and stick with Windows XP or be daring and go for Windows 7. In the end I darec and went for Windows 7 Professional (Windows Home does not do it for me), which was a big decission because I had some horrendous experiences with Vista. So far I am quite happy with the laptop and Windows 7. Unfortunately my experience was dented this morning. The laptop comes with a 60 day evaluation copy of Office 2007 Professional. This is not a problem because I knew I had t...

CRM 4 & AVAYA IP Office Integration
I currently use CRM 3 with the Avaya IP office integration piece. I read in this forum that that interface does not work in 4.0. Does anyone know if it truly does not work or if it's just not "supported" Thanks, Lloyd Hi Lloyd, Yes, looks like it is not available as of date. Check out this IP Office Technical Tip 203, 4/21/08: http://support.avaya.com/elmodocs2/ip_office/tech/Global_IP_Office_Technical_Tip_203.pdf No ETA date mentioned, I would check with your IP Office Partner. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.work...

outlook windows X P
Some E-mail dos this " Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC=20 Drivers error '80040e09'=20 [MERANT][ODBC Sybase ASE driver][SQL Server]Incorrect=20 syntax near '=F4'.=20 /commun.asp, line 51=20 Please Help ! ...

Complimentary migration kit for MS Office 2010 web apps
Hi everyone, If you=92ve been following the news on the new launch of Microsoft Office 2010, you may have noticed something missing. The new Office Web Apps that are causing quite a Google v. Microsoft stir are not MS Access-friendly. Read more about it in the latest blog post from Caspio, =93Access 2010 Snubs Web Developers =85 Now What?=94 at http://blog.caspio.com/commentary/ms-access-2010-snubs-web-developers/ and please share your comments. An excerpt of the post is included below. And while you=92re there, you should check out our complimentary Access Migration Kit (http://...

Word in Office 2000 will not shut down properly when using Windows
I recently upgraded my computer running Windows XP to one operating Windows 7. I had no problem installing Office 2000. It works fine, but Word will not shut down properly when I close the program. I get a dialogue box from Windows saying the program is no longer responding and Windows is searching for a solution. After Windows conducts its search, another dialogue box comes up with a "close program" button. I click that and then it shuts downs. Any help would be appreciated as I do not want to shell out $$$ to update Office 2000 when it otherwise works fine, except for...

Active X and Data Grid
I am trying to access a SQL database and get a list for the user to select from to be used in additional queries. I have created an ActiveX Data Object and a Data Grid Object, and I am trying to figure out how to link the two. In visual basic, in the properties, there is a line called datasource that links the two that isn't present in VBA. Any help would be appreciated. "Richard Mogy" wrote ... > I am trying to access a SQL database and get a list for the user to select > from to be used in additional queries. > > I have created an ActiveX Data Object and a D...

pop3 and x-header
when I'm using a pop3 client, the x-headers are not sent down to the client from exchange. is there any way the x-headers can be sent down to POP3 clients? TIA, ...

Office V.X update
I downloaded and installed a office v.x security update today and now I can't open any office programs without providing a CD key. There was no warning about needing a CD key to install an update. Problem is....I don't have one. Is there any way to find the CD key on the computer? Please help if you can.....I use office daily and now I have a major problem on my hands... :( Thanks! In article <1139362727.012355.289690@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, rainlya@gmail.com wrote: > I downloaded and installed a office v.x security update today and now I > can't open any ...

Scatter with text on X
I am trying to construct one scatterplot for 2 groups of data A & B. would like to have A and B as two points on the X-axis and the (Y data values which pertain to A and B plotted as dots above them in vertical line. I have tried many different things and HELP to try to do this an no-one at work knows either. I am obviously missing out on somethin simple but important. Expert experience would be greatly appreciated! Donal ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.c...

Office:Mac UpGrade
How far back is the upgrade allowed? I currently use Office 2001. I couldn't find the upgrade requirement on Microsoft's website! Thanks. jprzypek@frontiernet.net <jprzypek@frontiernet.net> wrote: > How far back is the upgrade allowed? > > I currently use Office 2001. > > I couldn't find the upgrade requirement on Microsoft's website! I don't think 2001 would be a problem. http://www.microsoft.com/mac/howtobuy.aspx?pid=upgrade Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - htt...

microsoft bootstrapper has stopped cant download office
I tried to download new office professional 2007 but the computer keeps coming up microsoft bootstrapper has stopped working and microsoft hasnt come up with an answer yet ...

Simple x-axis question
I have an xy scatter plot with the x-axis numbers as percentage. How ca I remove the percentage sign next to each number in the x-axis since th sign is already defined in the axis title? I tried to change the format of the number, I selected general an multiplied the coulmn by 100 but it did not work.... Can you pleas help???! Thanks in advance... -- balmali ----------------------------------------------------------------------- balmalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3651 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56...

Pictures have turned to Red X's
I just installed Office 2003 and now all my html messages that "used to" contain pictures have nothing but red X'x. Anyone know what is up with that? This does not happen in my browser! In Outlook, is that what youre talking about? If so, are your picture download settings set to automatically download pictures? Tools> Options > Security > Download Pictures Try that out. >-----Original Message----- >I just installed Office 2003 and now all my html messages >that "used to" contain pictures have nothing but red X'x. >Anyone know ...

commodities in 2004
How do you add gold/silver to your investments? In microsoft.public.money, david4943 wrote: >How do you add gold/silver to your investments? I would buy AU and HL. Are you thinking of ingots? Coins? ...

Sudden non-openability of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel All of a sudden none of the Office Applications will open on our family computer - just get a message saying ''invalid product code". But we're using a down-loaded up-date to the original version which came already installed on the computer, or I thought we were. Have we somehow inadvertently been using a free trial version which we should have paid for to continue using? or where do I find that product code I need? Thanks anyone who can help! Hi Alix; If Office was preinstalled when you bought the Mac y...

Have office 2007 want to move off laptop to desktop how transfer
I have this program installed in two places. I have two licenses now I want to take it off my laptop to install on my new desktop. When I do it tells me number of licenses exceeded. Use the phone activation. "ginmill" <ginmill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7E1B020-C586-4599-91F4-66C61635A2F0@microsoft.com... :I have this program installed in two places. I have two licenses now I want : to take it off my laptop to install on my new desktop. When I do it tells me : number of licenses exceeded. ...

Office 2004 causing short cut key problems?
Several people on my team have encountered an issue with short cut keys=20 not working as they had previous to installing Office 2004. We had been=20 using Office X and the issue did not exist.=20 For the past week (since the install of Office 2004) team members have = not=20 been able to use the short cut keys in Illustrator CS to duplicate = objects.=20 This also seems to affect multiple selections via SHIFT+Click. In addition, InDesign CS responds as expected. Any one else? Any thoughts? OSX.3.5 Office 2004 Adobe CS Studio It's a known bug, there have been several posts on the micr...

Office related question slightly OT
Does anyone know how to use a plastic spiral binder? I bought one (from an ebay seller) a few months ago, NEW. It had no directions or instructions with it. Only a few rough sketches printed right on the machine, that all I could figure out was you put the paper in and BANG hard on the tool on top to punch the required holes in the paper This is the one I bought, but not from this seller (this has said "out of stock" since I've been looking for them) http://www.abcdistributing.com/home/catalog/cat_item_pg.asp?P=115&G=347 All I can figure is, you lay the plastic ...

Can't install Office 2004 for Mac update 11.3.5!
I had a problem yesterday trying to install the 11.3.5 update for Office 2004... It told me that 'the installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update'. I am using OS X v. 10.4.9. Is this common? Can anyone help at all? It would be appreciated. Thanks, Chris Hello, Then I would try 1. run verify/repair disk permitions from DISK UTILITY 2. to go here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx Download manually the *.dmg file Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update And followed the instruction given there to install 3. run ve...