how to remove beta 2008 for mac

I can't make the remove 2008 (beta version) work- I just get a message that says it wont work and offers to relaunch- in order to ready mac for new 2008 install, is there a way to manually remove 2008 beta? thanks, ordway
0
ordway1 (2)

Yes, there is a way:  Contact the beta team directly for this information
(we are not allowed to publish it...)

On 25/01/08 11:48 AM, in article ee8a618.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"ordway@officeformac.com" <ordway@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I can't make the remove 2008 (beta version) work- I just get a message that
> says it wont work and offers to relaunch- in order to ready mac for new 2008
> install, is there a way to manually remove 2008 beta? thanks, ordway

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
1/25/2008 3:41:06 AM
Answered elsewhere as well.

Please don't repost the same issue - especially one that doesn't belong here
in the first place.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/24/08 7:48 PM, in article ee8a618.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

In article <C3BF3C0E.3123A%onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net>,
 CyberTaz <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> Please don't repost the same issue - especially one that doesn't belong here
> in the first place.

Good luck with that. You're dealing with "Google Group" mentality here...

; )

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to

JR

remove printers
I have a simple script to remove some old printer objects from client machines. They all reference an old printer server that's been decommissioned. For client machines that don't have these printer objects the script throws an error. What kind of condition can I put in the script so the 'WshNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection' command doesn't run if the listed printers are not on the client machine? Set WshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") WshNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection "\\old_prntsrvr.domain.local\printer1 WshNetwork.RemovePrinterCon...

Excel VBA Code referencing C:\ not recognized by MAC
Greetings: Am having to set up Add-Ins onto new (Mac) computer. My programming uses a lot of references to pathes ...... ie: C:\Contract Templates; C:\Add_Ins; etc.................. The Mac does not seem to pick this up when the add-ins are installed in its root. How can Mac be set up to recognize those pathes? Will the coding have to be reworked? if so, how should the above read? Yes, you will have to rework your code. Both Mac and Windows use Named volumes to refer to disks. Windows fell into a habit of "naming" its volumes with simple letters of the alphab...

remove e-mail addresses from public folders
Want to remove e-mail addresses from thousands of public folders, but can't see where 2k3 will allow me to remove even one (last one). Need to preserve mail storage. Can't see where policy will let me apply anything based on public folder tree structure either, e.g. one top level public folder and all subfolders, remove e-mail addresses. Tired of spammers sending to my public folders, which since I don't allow annonymous writes, bounce messages, creating 2x the wasted mail flow- or even worse since the spam can't be returned to sender either (fake "from" addre...

How do you remove a "," at the end of every cell?
For example in one cell i have this ZEZE MOTTA, WALMOR CHAGAS, I want to remove the second "," after Walmor Chagas. But I want to keep the first one. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help :) It's always the last character? If yes, you can use a helper column =left(a1,len(a1)-1) and drag down. Mcobra41 wrote: > > For example in one cell i have this > ZEZE MOTTA, WALMOR CHAGAS, > I want to remove the second "," after Walmor Chagas. But I want to keep the > first one. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help :) -- Dave Peterson Mcobra41 w...

Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I know how to remove an index entry, and I can easily remove the index from the last page of my document. But I cannot remove each tagged index entry from the document without doing it individually. In a 77 page doc - this will take too long. Any ideas? Use Find/Replace. Search for ^d XE and replace with "nothing". Note: Case does matter. You will need to fiddle around to get this working: spacing is critical between ^d and the field name XE. I you do not have any other fields in use in the document (and you&...

How can I filter on a list of 500+ email addresses in Outlook(2003) using rules
Hi What is the best way to filter out emails for a large list email addresses when using the rules in Outlook(2003) with msExchance (2008)? I have about 45 rules, and I am trying to filter out emails from about 500 friends/acquaintances. The problem is that now that we have just installed ms Exchange, it wont accept my rules. It now calls my rules "Client only" and it keeps deactivating them. The error message Outlook gives is: "...This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all your rules". I tried putting all ...

Formatting errors between Mac and PC in excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created file on my Mac within Office 2008. In sending the file I have created to others, I have realized they are receiving formatting errors when they open the file on their PC's in Microsoft Office 2007. Some examples of the formatting errors: text boxes shrink and misalign text, colors of the bar graphs are completely different, etc. What type of format do I need to save my file in on my Mac or what do I need to do to prevent these formatting differences from happening between Mac and PC? <br>...

Word, Excel, PP crash on start, Entourage OK
Word, Excel, PP, crash on start, Entourage is OK, Project Gallery will open. Mac OSX 10.3.9, G4 PowerPC, not on a netweok I haven't used word, excel, PP, for a few months, they used to work just fine. No updates to OSX since then. After the crashes I ran auto update and it installed the latest Office update. I did install a few new fonts, but immediately after the crash I deleted them. I have trashed prefs, my Start Up folder is already empty. I have run Font Doctor and deleted corrupt fonts AND have used Font Doctor to disable all fonts -though 2 .dfonts will not disable?? - I have r...

Where is install log at in 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I know in office 2004, there was a folder called instal log (or something close). Where did that go in office 2008? "kehrer1701@officeformac.com" wrote: > I know in office 2004, there was a folder called instal log (or something > close). Where did that go in office 2008? The AutoUpdate originally had a tab that showed "installed updates." That was removed, I assume as a result of problems. Download this script that will show you Office version info. Note there are different scripts for Offi...

Joining windows server 2003 to windows 2008 domain
Good morning. I'm having a problem joining a windows 2003 member server to a 2008 domain. The forest level and domain level are 2008, DNS is installed on 2 root dc's, but wins isn't installed. When i try to join the 2003 server to the domain using the FQDN global.ifsmifa.com, I'm prompted for the password, but then recieve the network path was not found. The dns servers are configured correctly and if I nslookup global, the name server is returned correctly and the 2 domain controller ips. I've had no problem joining other 2008 servers to the domain. Also if...

exchange 2000 remove
Hi all, Unfortunately, one of my exchange 2000 server was dead due to very old hardware. We introduced the new exchange 2003 server. BTW, how do I remove exchange 2000 from the dead server? Do I have to? Is there anything I need to clean them from active directory? Thanks for your help. One article you may want to consult is: 278918 XADM: How To Manually Remove a Single Exchange-based Server from Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;278918 to be safe, you will also want to make sure all the roles of the first server are now held by the new serve...

Why does OE remove access to attachments?
When I receive emails with attachments, the attachments are removed even when I know the attachments are 'safe' What can I do? there is an option in tools--->options where you can disable outlook express's default blocking of attachments -- ------health is merely the slowest possible rate at which we die.----- ------good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement! ------- "Helen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:086f01c3a1f4$59a7fee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... | When I receive emails with attachments, the atta...

Remove Calendar Connector
Hi all, I migrated Exchange 2003 from one computer to another and then I used this guide http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B822931&x=14&y=17 to remove the first server without uninstalling Exchange. After migration I shutdown the first server for a week. In this week I had no errors on the new Exchange server, so I decided to uninstall Exchange from the old server. The uninstallation process report an error removing Calendar Connector from AD, so the uninstallation process fails (it seems that Exchange was partially removed). Now on the new server I see an error ___...

Removing Blank rows in Pivot Tables
Hi guys. I have created a pivot table, from a range of data which looks like this: Name Subject Subject Subject a result result b result c result result result d result result Hopefully that comes out OK. You can see not everyone has a result for each subject. I want to list each result for each subject they take ONLY. At present, the table supplies each subject, with a value of nil. I just want it to display those they have results for! Hope you can help, Tom. PS The actuall data will be about 300 student...

Additional Mailbox removal problem
I have two mailboxes that have one additional mailbox of a different user within their own mailbox (out of no where) I am unable to remove I have reconfigured the exchange services on the properties, in the control Panel mail on the services under tools, the additional mailbox name is still apperaing in the services but nowhere else and can not remove at all. I also have done a repair on Outlook, there are nothing with this additional mailbox in exchange 5.5. Is there a config file or something on the win98 workstation that I can permanently remove the additonal mailbox? Anyone e...

Remove a nodes where attribute has specified text. (Variable depth xml)
I have an XML document as follows: <Menu> <Group> <Item Text="About Us" AccessRoles="All"> <Group> <Item Text="Option 1" AccessRoles="All" /> <Item Text="Option 2" AccessRoles="All" /> <Item Text="Option 3" AccessRoles="All" /> </Group> </Item> <Item Text="Projects" AccessRoles="All"> <Group> <Item Text="Option 1" AccessRoles="All" /> ...

File size won't reduce after removal of large picture
I have a spreadsheet that has a logo (as picture) inserted into it. I have discovered that the logo file is huge (~2Mb). I have created a new one and reduced its size, but when I replace the old logo with the new, the Excel file size remains the same. Is there a way to compress the file after doing the logo swap? Chris, with Excel 2002, Save As, Tools, Compress pictures HTH Gilles Desjardins "Chris Kirchenbauer" <chris.kirchenbauer@valeo.sylvania.com> wrote in message news:067001c3ab82$7d0e6760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet that has a logo (as picture) ...

Compatibility between Mac and PC (Windows)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hello, im working on a Mac, doing templates for a company. The company is using PC computers and when they open the templates i send them in Words, Power Point and Excel, it opens in a diferent way. The text is in a diferent area, the pictures are not aligned like the way i save it in Mac. What can i do? I want them to look the same way as i create it them in Mac and PC with out any changes. ...

Remove Page border for Particular Page
Hi, I am preparing a manual with MS Word 2003. I have set border for my entire document and I want to remove page border only for 4th page as I am inserting a flow chart. Could anyone guide me on this please? Regards, Mahesh -- maheshmaxi You will need to make that page a separate section (by means of Next Page section breaks before and after) and remove the page border for that section. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "maheshmaxi" <maheshmaxi.57e2213@wordbanter.com> w...

Windows 2008 SBS and rebuilding the VSS writers?
Hello, I have a new HP ML350 G6 that is certified to run SBS 2008 and we have a problem when trying to get a backup. We are using a third party product that is backing up to the Internet Cloud and this product works in other sites without any issues. We have had the third party vendor troubleshoot the issue. The issue is that the Exchange Information Store service gets stopped when we are trying to do any kind of backup, even just a test backup of a few files. The third party vendor tells me that we need to rebuild the VSS writers on this server to fix the problem. I ha...

Cannot remove Outlook 2000
This problem has been an occasional thorn in my side, but has become a big problem since installing Office XP. The computer in question has been through Office 97 with Outlook 98, Office 97 with Outlook 2000 and now Office XP with Outlook 2002. The problem is that even after I install Office XP, Outlook 2000 is still listed in Add/Remove programs and appears to still be there in some form. When I open several other programs the Outlook 2000 SR-1 setup starts and it tries to install something (I don't know what) and even if you follow the instructions to install whatever it's looking ...

Removing Names from Name Manager
Is there a way to remove all the Names in the Name Manager in one stroke, as opposed to deleting them one by one? I have a workbook with several sheet tabs and each tab has upwards of 20 defined 'Names'. When I copy this file all the names on Thanks Click on the first name to select it. Hold down the <shift> key and click on the last name, scrolling down if necessary. This will have selected all the names. Then click on Delete to remove them in one operation. Hope this helps. Pete On Jul 23, 11:06=A0pm, Rob <robfl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Is there a way to remov...

Removing Senders from the Blocked List 06-16-10
In Widows Live Mail I go to Tools, Safety Options, Blocked Senders and highlight senders I want to unblock, remove from the list. They do disappear from the list and seem to be removed, but after a short while they are back again. This has happened in the time that it took me to type this. Does anyone know what may be malfunctioning? The same think happens if I try online at the website. Any assistance will be much appreciated. That list is saved in the registry. Any overzealous security program that prevents writes to the registry can cause changes to not be saved. Gary ...

WLM Beta 2 Contacts
I have many business contacts where the name of the contact is the name of the company. Is there a way to get the company name to show in my contact list? It seems that WLM only displays personal names. Thanks Colin In WLM Beta 2 one can view Contacts in List or Messenger Status mode. In List mode, one can change or add additional columns(e.g. Name, Nickname, Company) -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Colin Grant" wrote in message news:ukYd8uuPLHA.4280@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... I have many business contacts where the name of the contact is the name of the comp...

Remove crashed E2k3
I have a remote server that has crashed and it's impossible to restart the operative system. How can completely remove the old server from Exchang System Manager (and therefore to make so that not figures more in AD), the remove server command, obviously, does not work! The document "How to manually remove an Exchange 2000 installation", is not good, because the server has been formatted! On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:41:02 +0100, "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: >I have a remote server that has crashed and it's impossible to restart the >operative system....