How to disable MS Office test drive

I have MS Office 2001 installed as a system 9 application on my G5. MS
Office System X test drive has expired, and I am not going to upgrade
soon. How do I disable the default that always opens the test drive
screen (and informs me that it has expired). When I click on an MS
file I want the MS Office 2001 to be the default program which opens
them. How do I change this?
0
jg6243 (5)

On 10/19/03 11:33 AM, in article
95e7d7a0.0310191033.764d6b4d@posting.google.com, "JG"
<jg@unionstreetdesign.com> wrote:

> I have MS Office 2001 installed as a system 9 application on my G5. MS
> Office System X test drive has expired, and I am not going to upgrade
> soon. How do I disable the default that always opens the test drive
> screen (and informs me that it has expired). When I click on an MS
> file I want the MS Office 2001 to be the default program which opens
> them. How do I change this?

You can get the Student edition for $149 now with free shipping.

<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AI0MZ/002-8295368-80896
11>

To remove the Office v. X Test Drive:
     1.      Make sure you are logged on as an administrator. See Mac Help
for information on logging on as an administrator.
     2.      Quit any Microsoft Office programs that are running.
     3.      In the Finder, click Applications, double-click the Microsoft
Office�X folder, and then double-click the Remove Test Drive icon.
     4.      Click Remove.

Note: After you run the Remove Test Drive program, you might notice the
following:
    �     The Office v. X Test Drive does not appear in the Trash. To
display the Test Drive in the Trash, click the Trash icon on the Dock to
open it, close the Trash, and then click the Trash icon again. When the
Trash icon changes to indicate that items have been added to the Trash,
click Empty Trash on the Finder menu to permanently remove the Office�v.�X
Test Drive from your hard disk.
    �     The Office v. X Test Drive still appears in the Applications
folder. To refresh the Applications folder so that the Office�v.�X Test
Drive does not appear in the folder, close the Applications folder, and then
open the Applications folder again.

Once you have removed the Office�v.�X Test Drive, you can install
Office�v.�X or the standalone versions (Word�X, Entourage�X, Excel�X, and
PowerPoint�X).
--
Diane Ross
Mac MVP

0
dross3171 (39)
10/19/2003 7:00:25 PM
On 10/19/03 2:00 PM, in article BBB82D59.EA96%dross@nospam.mvps.org, "Diane
Ross" <dross@nospam.mvps.org> wrote:

> On 10/19/03 11:33 AM, in article
> 95e7d7a0.0310191033.764d6b4d@posting.google.com, "JG"
> <jg@unionstreetdesign.com> wrote:
>
>> I have MS Office 2001 installed as a system 9 application on my G5. MS
>> Office System X test drive has expired, and I am not going to upgrade
>> soon. How do I disable the default that always opens the test drive
>> screen (and informs me that it has expired). When I click on an MS
>> file I want the MS Office 2001 to be the default program which opens
>> them. How do I change this?
>
> You can get the Student edition for $149 now with free shipping.
>
> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AI0MZ/002-8295368-80896
> 11>

As long as you're a student or teacher, that is.  If you aren't a student or
teacher, you need to purchase either Standard or Professional Edition if you
wish to upgrade to the OS X version.

Follow Diane's instructions to uninstall the Test Drive.

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

I want to remove MS Office System X, but I can no longer access
Microsoft Office�X folder. It's not there any longer because the trial
version has expired. I assume I will need to manually remove some
files, but I have no idea what they are or where they are. --Jeanne

Diane Ross <dross@nospam.mvps.org> wrote in message news:<BBB82D59.EA96%dross@nospam.mvps.org>...
> On 10/19/03 11:33 AM, in article
> 95e7d7a0.0310191033.764d6b4d@posting.google.com, "JG"
> <jg@unionstreetdesign.com> wrote:
>
> > I have MS Office 2001 installed as a system 9 application on my G5. MS
> > Office System X test drive has expired, and I am not going to upgrade
> > soon. How do I disable the default that always opens the test drive
> > screen (and informs me that it has expired). When I click on an MS
> > file I want the MS Office 2001 to be the default program which opens
> > them. How do I change this?
>
> You can get the Student edition for $149 now with free shipping.
>
> <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AI0MZ/002-8295368-80896
> 11>
>

> To remove the Office v. X Test Drive:
>      1.      Make sure you are logged on as an administrator. See Mac Help
> for information on logging on as an administrator.
>      2.      Quit any Microsoft Office programs that are running.
>      3.      In the Finder, click Applications, double-click the Microsoft
> Office�X folder, and then double-click the Remove Test Drive icon.
>      4.      Click Remove.
>
> Note: After you run the Remove Test Drive program, you might notice the
> following:
>     ?     The Office v. X Test Drive does not appear in the Trash. To
> display the Test Drive in the Trash, click the Trash icon on the Dock to
> open it, close the Trash, and then click the Trash icon again. When the
> Trash icon changes to indicate that items have been added to the Trash,
> click Empty Trash on the Finder menu to permanently remove the Office�v.�X
> Test Drive from your hard disk.
>     ?     The Office v. X Test Drive still appears in the Applications
> folder. To refresh the Applications folder so that the Office�v.�X Test
> Drive does not appear in the folder, close the Applications folder, and then
> open the Applications folder again.
>
> Once you have removed the Office�v.�X Test Drive, you can install
> Office�v.�X or the standalone versions (Word�X, Entourage�X, Excel�X, and
> PowerPoint�X).
0
jg6243 (5)

Help me please with MS Pocket PCS and Outlook
Into Outlook 2003 I sync between my work computer and my home computer using and HP iPaq w/Pocket PC 2003. I have the same Outlook version on both computers. I have the MS Pocket PCS addin software on my work computer and thought I had it on my home computer (I did). Today I changed around some contact folders at work, my PPC sync(ed) and I went home. I got home and tried to sync with my home computer and to my supprise all (more than 300) of my work contacts are gone! I looked for the PCS app but could not find it. So I downloaded, When I attempted to install it it wanted to uninstall i...

Unable to restore MS Money 2000
My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate or it might be a read-only attribute." Hoe to i restore? See if you can copy it to the harddrive and restore from there. "Dan" <dan420@optonline.net> wrote in message news:11b3101c383d5$3dcfd810$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My computer crashed, i had to use the recovery cd. > Now when i try to load my back up from a floppy, i receive > a message that says "unable to restore, can't locate ...

How to disable inline auto-indent/spaces when replying
Good Morning, When I reply on a message, and want to write between the tekst I replied to, it automatically adds a space before and after my cursor. So if I edit: "Today it is 9 Oktober 2007" To 9 October, I get this: "Today it is 9 O c tober" How can I turn this off? Thanks in advance, Joost Pastoor ...

Printing gridlines in MS Excel
In MS Excel, in File, page set-up, sheet, I checked off PRINT GRIDLINES, but it does not print the gridlines. Why? I am using MS Office XP Professional, Version 2002. David If you have "Draft Quality" checked you won't print gridlines. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:03:03 -0800, "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In MS Excel, in File, page set-up, sheet, I checked off PRINT GRIDLINES, but >it does not print the gridlines. Why? I am using MS Office XP Professional, >Version 2002. ...

installing all clipart to hard drive in Office Professional
I want to install the whold clip art gallery to the hard drive. When it was installed some of the clip art is accessible with out putting in the orginal cd but I would prefer to have all of it on the hard drive. Which version of Publisher are you using? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ggr" <ggr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBF70A74-DF7F-431B-A2D8-BF4825F6CB9A@microsoft.com... >I want to install the whold clip art gallery to the hard drive. When it >was > installed some of the clip art is accessible with out putting in the >...

Installing Office 07 on Vista (Problem Encountered)
My previous version of office corrupted and won't run, now when I try to install a new version to the same location it fails. I cannot uninstall the older version because it is corrupt - I was wondering if there is a walk-through for a manual uninstall or some support I don't have to pay $40 for. "Karl Neumann" <Karl Neumann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E653F052-BEA5-419D-AF5C-047A2D6FFF21@microsoft.com... > My previous version of office corrupted and won't run, now when I try to > install a new version to the same location i...

Auto-backup fails if "tmp" is on a FAT32 drive
Now this is weird. Money 2003 (which works almost perfectly for me) balks at creating the automatic backup at program exit, IF the environment variable "tmp" points to a folder on any FAT32 partition. A dialog box says that Money cannot create a temporary file on P:\Temp. The folder exists, and it's not marked read-only. (Since it's FAT32, it shouldn't be a permissions issue.) If "tmp" points anywhere on an NTFS partition, Money 2003 creates the backup on exit just fine. Although the message says that Money "cannot create a temporary file",...

Problem registering Office:mac 2008

Goofed up my Office v.X installation
Oh, man. This is a bit long but I'd sure appreciate some guidance. I've just completed the switch from OS9 to Panther (woohoo!) and as a part of that I decided to switch my Office:Mac 2001 to Office v.X. But I used my husband's CD of Office v.X to install and now, because we are on a home ethernet DSL network, we get a "this program is already in use" kind of message when we both try to use Office at the same time. Rats. �Is there some kind of switch I can flip to make the computers standalone as far as Office v.X is concerned but still let us use the DSL ethernet netwo...

Is There A Way to Test if Global Catalog Functioning Correctly
Still dealing with some cleanup issues from a DC loss last week. The DC was a Global Catalog server. However, I *believe* we had another one in place. At least, there was a checked GC box under the NTDS properties. However, I was wondering if there is some sort of test to make sure a GC is available and functioning before I proceed with the metadata cleanup of the dead domain controller? Not that it matters much at this point, I suppose. Still, it would be nice to go into this feeling comfortable about having a GC available. Thanks Hello Mark, See the last part ...

Open outlook express eml files with Office Outlook
How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. Thank you, LS Lance <llscott@csicable.net> wrote: > How can I get my Microsoft Outlook e-mail software to > open a Outlook Express .eml file save on a network. My > objective is to be able to double click the .eml file or > drag and drop it into my Microsoft Outlook application. You have to open in with Outlook Express and then move it to Outlook fro...

Out of Office Assiatance issues
Hi all, One of our users (UserA) is having issues receiving an Out of Office confirmation email when he emails a particular user (UserB). For test purposes I emailed this users (UserB) and received the out of office response. The UserA is able to receive other emails and there is no mailbox size restriction in place. What else can be done to investigate and resolve this issue. Version of Outlook the user is using is Microsoft Outlook 2002 ( 10.2627.2625 ) no Service Pack. "Leon" <ap76_at_email.com> wrote in message news:eRH1U3JdEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi a...

Disable Close Button
Does anyone know of a way to disable the close button (top right cross) to prevent users from accidentally closing Microsoft Outlook? Thanks Ian You can't. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Ian D McLean" <IanMcLean@itp.uk.com> wrote in message news:Oelp7QzlEHA.2492@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know of a way to disable the close button (top right cross) to > prevent users from accidentally closing Microsoft Outlo...

Office Standard 2003, no more activations left by phone or online
I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck and need to purchase a new key? Is there a way around this? If its a retail version you can install as often as you like providing you dont exceed the number of *working* PC's its licensed for. If an oem version its only licensed for the origonal PC "BettyBlue" <BettyBlue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A099EC53-A617-4083-83F7-889AECFFAD01@microsoft.com... >I have used all of my activations, online and by phone. Am I out of luck >and > need to purchase a new...

Test #10
Testing Jane And that's exactly what Microsoft.test is for ;-) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Jane" <donnyortiz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23JQlXUO%23EHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Testing > > Nick Hodge wrote... >And that's exactly what Microsoft.test is for ;-) .... Are you assuming the OP's ISP carries microsoft.test? oops sorry, thanks for the info =) <hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message news:1105567324.493817.210750@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com......

CSocket : testing (easy ... RE: AliR)
ok, I got this chatter prog work. One question about debugging and testing: If I run these progs (client/server) *both on my own pc* to test them, Is it exactly the same thing than if I tested them with another pc though *internet*? So, does the messages go through the internet and come back to my computer? So if client and server works on my computer is it guaranteed to work with other computers as well though the internet? Juha >Here is an example from microsoft on how to write socket programs > >http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vcsample/htm...

Check important pack for MS Internet Explorer
--eojfcwbasc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="agtsvbarlkrqvjpnc"; type="multipart/alternative" --agtsvbarlkrqvjpnc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tmpcbwupucpalmpj" --tmpcbwupucpalmpj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. In...

queries written inside MS-Access are getting deleted
Some of the queries I have written inside MS-Access are getting deleted automatically. And while I run the queries through code, I get this error 'Query should have one destination field' Explanation: I created a query in MS-access. Ran it from the code. Closed the database. Started it again, and now for that particular query, it is showing 'SELECT ;' only. Strange. I am in panic mode now What can be the possible reason? My first thought is that the database file is corrupt. Unfortunately it's a type of corruption that Compact and Repair probably won...

Outlook 2002 & MS Mail
I know this may sound a very stange request but...! I have Windows XP PC with Outlook 2002 installed (as part of the XP office software). All my other PCs on my network are NT and have Outlook 2000. I can configure all these to be corporate emails connecting to a mail server. When I try and configure Outlook 2002 it will not let me select corporate and I do not have the choice of MS Mail server. Can anybody please help... Outlook 2002 does not directly support MS Mail but there is a workaround you can use to connect to it -- you can find it here: http://www.poremsky.com/msmail_xp.htm --...

Outlook Express won't open and can't access newsgroups from Outlook Office 2003
I do not understand why newsgroups are not incorporated into Outlook 2003. Now when I can get "news" to be listed on the go menu of Outlook 2003, it opens outlook express for me, but my "news" button keeps vanishing and I can't add it back becuase it is not listed in the options under the Go category in the categorize menus area. :-( And I can't open Outlook Express by itself, when I click Express icon in start menu, 2003 opens. :-( Outlook has always opened OE for news reading. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Intern...

MS SQL DB Connection
Hi There, Actually i am very new to MS CRM & I have a very simple question. How should i grand a user to access CRM SQL database from the client machine. and he wanted to run the reports. i need the answer in details: either we need to give him access from the SQL Server or CRM Server. Many thanks in advance, & Waiting for your Precious reply. sab By 'run THE reports' , which reports do you mean? If you are going to use the ReportServices reports in CRM, the user needs access to CRM. If the user is going to use a SQL reporting tool, then they should still be a CRM user...

Problem running MS CRM 3.0 over SSL (https)
I have setup an install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a high spec Windows 2003 Small Business Server and it all worked happily. I then generated an SSL certificate and applied it to the site in IIS. Initially when you load CRM (using the web client) it loads the left hand menu and navigation panes and shows the top menus and the user which is logged in however to main content area remains blank. After a time out period the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" appears. The strange thing is you can navigate the menus etc and even edit...

out of office to internet
We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out of office responses for internet from System Manager. any idea is appreciated.. In ESM, under Global Settings/Internet Message Formats. kazi wrote: > We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out > of office responses for internet from System Manager. > > any idea is appreciated.. -- Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS. Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org Free Internet calling - www.skype.com Free SQ...

Microsoft Office 2000 Premium and Excel 2000
I have XP OS, and Microsoft Office 2000, not MS Office 2000 PREMIMIUM. However, I continue to receive a prompt to install the "PREMIUM" disc. Do you know of any place I can go to download "PREMIUM" without having to pay for the whole program as a new program? Actually, if I can download just the "PREMIUM" features for free or near free, I would do that. More immediate is the EXCEL problem. I have about 35 documents and spreadsheets in my Excel program. I just returned from a trip and hadn't had access to my computer for several weeks. All of my ...

office 2008 mac trial
Is there a trial for this product or will it be released in technet as i need to try it out for a client who currently uses iwork08 There's been no notice of a general availability. I can't speak for TechNet but that's the resource to check directly... There are few here who are TechNet subscribers:-) Good Luck |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/15/08 2:11 PM, in article B027EAFE-6F68-47E3-9A39-254D3E97A4B4@microsoft.com, "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a trial for this product or will it be released in technet as i need...