How to determine which CD was used for a given installation?

I have 5 networked Macs and 5 copies of Office v.X.  One Mac has to be
wiped & reinstalled.

How can I tell which of the 5 copies was installed (prior to the wipe)
on this particular Mac?   The "Product Code" that appears in the
'About' window does not appear to match any codes found on the
packaging -- even the formats are wildly different.

Trial and Error is not a good option.   Any thoughts?
0
bdleahy (2)

If you don't get a better answer, you can do Trial and Error without
removing and reinstalling:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html

DM

"Brian Leahy" wrote:

> I have 5 networked Macs and 5 copies of Office v.X.  One Mac has to be
> wiped & reinstalled.
>
> How can I tell which of the 5 copies was installed (prior to the wipe)
> on this particular Mac?   The "Product Code" that appears in the
> 'About' window does not appear to match any codes found on the
> packaging -- even the formats are wildly different.
>
> Trial and Error is not a good option.   Any thoughts?

On 5/18/04 3:44 PM, in article
BCCFDFC6.2D40B%dayomitchell_1997@NOhotmailSPAM.com.invalid, "Dayo Mitchell"
<dayomitchell_1997@NOhotmailSPAM.com.invalid> wrote:

> If you don't get a better answer, you can do Trial and Error without
> removing and reinstalling:
> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html
>
> DM
>
> "Brian Leahy" wrote:
>
>> I have 5 networked Macs and 5 copies of Office v.X.  One Mac has to be
>> wiped & reinstalled.
>>
>> How can I tell which of the 5 copies was installed (prior to the wipe)
>> on this particular Mac?   The "Product Code" that appears in the
>> 'About' window does not appear to match any codes found on the
>> packaging -- even the formats are wildly different.
>>
>> Trial and Error is not a good option.   Any thoughts?

Outstanding!! thanks.

Install Agent on other domain
Hi, I have a problem installing DPM 2010 RC Agents in other domain. Here is the scenario: I have Domain1 and Domain2 ,and they have trusted relationships. My DPM 2010 RC Server is installed on Domain1. When I try to install the agent to a computer with Windows 7 in the other domain it fails and show me this message: Unable to connect to the Active Directory Domain Services database. Make sure that the DPM server is a member of a domain and that a domain controller is running. Also verify that there is network connectivity between the DPM server and the domain control...

Using the kit function
We would like to create some kits using our inventory on hand. How would we create them and have the individual items depleted from stock and go to these kits. We need to be able to know when to order more items to create the kits when they are getting low. Go to Database -> Items -> New Item -> Standard then change item type to Kit, then click on Kit tab and add the items you need, it will be depleted from inventory. Click on attributes and set the re-order point and re-stock level for the items, create a purchase order weekly or daily and select re-order point method to cr...

using Crossed Lines template
When I enter my document title in the text box above the crossed lines template, it does not carry over to the other pages in the document, nor does find/replace work either. How can it be done so my text entered on one page is duplicated on all others in my document? Put the title on the Master Page (ctrl+m), it will appear on all pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jcam" <jcam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB5D1447-8B65-4981-81A6-8BD1C9A24451@microsoft.com... > When I ent...

Effects of Not Using Enter/Match Invoices
I have a client that says their inventory amount is off by millions on the financial statements. We basically narrowed it down to them not doing the enter/match invoice process. So we think that inventory is being debited twice; once when they enter a receipt and another when they enter the AP invoice. Is there any way that she can get an accurate inventory amount if they are doing this process separately? If you don't use the Enter/Match process, do the following: When you process a receipt, debit inventory & credit Vouchers Payable (or Accrued Purchases); then, when you ...

Connect to Exchange using http keeps checking itself
Running Exchange 2007, I have one user in our office who occasionally will have their Outlook 2007 check the connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP box and then the Only Connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate. We use a certificate just one you can create yourself, we don't have issues with other people who use the certificate to connect with outlook from their homes but when in the office this user occasionally will have outlook check this for him. He unchecks the area and it works for awhile but eventually it returns. Any help wou...

Problems installing- bootstrapper?
I have money 2005 on my desktop machine. I want to put my copy of Money 2004 on my laptop. Problem is I keep getting the error " Microsoft Money setup Bootstrapper has encountered a problem and needs to close" I have searched for what a bootstrapper does or is without much luck. A google search always refers to the .Net Framework. I have that installed on my machine. any help? thanks ...

Entourage goes into spinning-wheel from time to time while using

Publishing an internal CRM web site using ISA
Hi all, I was wondering if its possible to publish an internally hosted CRM 1.2 web site to the internet using ISA 2000 ? I've done the basics as far setting up the web publishing and when I try and pull up the site, I get a network logon prompt which I think makes sense since the site seems to use network authentication to determine who you are. What I cannot figure out, is what to enter at this login prompt. I've tried my account, the administrator account and no luck. Anybody have any idea what to do ? Thanks Nick are you being prompted for Username password domain? or on...

how to increase mail box to receive large messages using outlook ?
I am having messages bounced saying mail box not large enough -- how do I fix this ?? Thanks Chris speak to your email admin - if they are messages you send, speak to the recipient so they can ask their admin. (but don;t hold your breath that you'll get it increased) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Jo...

Autopopulate Multiple Fields in Table Using a Form
I have a form based on a table where I want to store data. The data to store comes from combo boxes based on various lookup tables. The wrinkle is that there is one lookup table that contains 2 fields of data (questionnum and question) I want stored in the table once the questionnum is selected. The question field is formatted as 'memo'. When I create the combo box the question field is not an option for selection. I add it manually to the properties after completing the criteria for the combo box. I have been struggling with the code used to autopopulate more than one field but...

Are there any known issues using Line Item comments for all SOP do
Hi all, I recently modified a SOP Packing slip to add Line item comments for each line to show an additional numeric value as a text (weight) printed on each line item. The way it is setup is that there will be unique line item comments (click the -> on the line item comment field, not the magnifying glass lookup and then just type text for each comment, click OK and save the line item). I've used up all of the User-defined fields including tracking #s and so I am down to adding comments. EXT. and Modifier are not options at this point. I also tried adding Document Notes to t...

Error in exporting to Excel from BP/Office Web Comps are Installed
Hello: In Business Portal 4.0 on a Vista Business machine with Office 2007, I get an error when trying to export a query to Excel. The message says, literally, that the file that it is trying to create cannot be found on the user's desktop. I'd like to say to it, "Hey, no kidding.....that's because I need you to create the file first!". I have already installed the Office Web Components on the machine. I had gotten an error, originally, about Office Web Components. But, once I installed, that error went away. Any ideas on this new error? childofthe1980s ...

Problem using fill with formulas
I have a column. I want to fill in the formula from B1 all the way down to B200. I select B1 and drag my mouse down to B200 and select Fill Down. The formula is inserted in every cell. However, I have: =VLOOKUP(A4,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A1:$H200,2,FALSE) =VLOOKUP(A5,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A2:$H201,2,FALSE) when I want the second column formula to be: =VLOOKUP(A4,[yahoo.xls]Sheet1!$A1:$H200,2,FALSE) In other words, I want the first cell reference (A) to change, but not the cell references in the yahoo.xls worksheet. Because they are changing, I need to go in and manually change the references to $A...

Outlook Custom Form Installation Error
Here is my problem: We just upgraded Microsoft Office 2003 to Service Pack 3, and now a custom form is broken. The users that used this form used to double click the .oft file on their desktop to launch it. Now when they double-click it, they get a message saying "The custom form could not be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead." When I attempt to install the form to Outlook using the Tools --> Options --> Other --> Advanced Options --> Custom Forms --> Manage Forms --> Install option, I get this error message: ---------------------- The form could not...

selecting XML from SQL2000 and using it in ASP.NET
I am running this in SQL Server 2000: SELECT lastname, firstname, title, hiredate FROM employees FOR XML AUTO I get back these results in the Query Analyzer: <employees lastname="Jones" firstname="James" title="Developer" hiredate="2004-05-10T00:00:00"/><employees lastname="Jordan" firstname="Ken" title="Sr. Developer" hiredate="2004-05-03T00:00:00"/> But in a webform, when I call the ExecuteXMLReader and do a Response.Write white looping through the reader, I only get back the first node. Any reason...

Create task and sub-task lists using the calendar
Looking for the best way to organize 10 task subjects. Some having as many as 5 sub-tasks, as well as creating to do lists for 4 employees. I set these up in the Folder List and would like to drag these into the Calendar allowing me to print each person a To Do List. A friend suggested Categorizing ,but I like having the folders all visible in the Outlook Shortcuts. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Adding SMTP Server after Exchange installation
I wanted to have multiple SMTP services running. After installing Exchange 2003 I change the port on the SMTP service inside Exchange system manager to port 2025. Then I added a new SMTP service using Internet Information Services, and configured that for port 25. My problem is that as soon as I clicked 'ok' after added the second smtp service, I can no longer get in to configure it. The service does not appear in the Internet Information Services list or the Exchange list. I can verify it is running by connecting to port2025 the exchange smtp responds, and port25 the smt...

Use Formula in DGET criteria
Hi there, I'm getting an error with a DGET function. One of the criteria fields is a formula (an IF statement) which I assume is the problem. Is there any way round this i.e. being able to change the criteria based on the contents of another cell? Many thanks - David ...

Install this important patch from the Microsoft
--mgnpbdxeol Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="qknrhsydnjcndx"; type="multipart/alternative" --qknrhsydnjcndx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zesqiqypayzhn" --zesqiqypayzhn Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security ...

Use of wildcards in formulae
HI I need a little advice. I'm trying to say that if C6 starts with the letter 'C' , then put 'Yes' , if not put 'No' I'm using this formula : =IF(C6="C*","Yes","No") but it's not giving the correct responses. Can someone advise? Thanks Hi Colin Try this =IF(COUNTIF(C6,"C*")>0,"Yes","No") HTH John "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:tVEQEIAXJ2bLFwKd@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > HI > > I need a little advice. &g...

Could not install the custom action
I'm running O2K7-TR and just recently started getting this error whenever I go to work with a message. I get the error whether I'm composing new, replying or forwarding. I'm trying to figure out where to look to troubleshoot this. All the searches I've done on custom actions have to either pertain to message rules or forms. Obviously, something is no longer where it was but the question is where and what is trying to access it. I'm thinking that because it's happening on any kind of composition that it is relating to the default template but i can't mak...

Outlook 2007 and typing lags after installing FrontPage 2002
I recently installed my old FrontPage 2002 again. I also have Outlook 2007 and XP Pro. Office 2007 had to be reactivated/reinstalled-something. It did not ask for my CD, but it sure was working hard. I did not lose any settings. Many of my hotfixes, and German language pack disappeared after installing FP 2002. I got all that stuff back. Also, after installing FP 2002, it seems my IE had been hijacked. I kept getting directed to bulk advertisement webpages. I finally got all that cleared up by using some software programs listed on majorgeeks.com Everything was running f...

Using Memory DC to speed up painting
hi, One way to speed up the painting is to use memory DCs. But if we use MM_HIMETRIC , it needs a very large bitmap, and slows down painting. Does anybody have any idea how to use Memory DCs in MM_HIMETRIC mode? thanks, Behzad hmm.What do you mean by large bitmap in MM_HIMETRIC mode.Whatever the mode the size of the mode would remain the same for the compatible bitmap because ultimately the size of the bitmap would be in pixels. Thanks Vipin "Behzad" <aaaa@Yahoo.Com> wrote in message news:uvmLPo8nEHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > hi, > One way to speed up the paint...

Outlook 2003 install problem
I've been using Outlook 2003 for a while on Win 2000 with no problems. I swithed to Win XP and installed installed Outlook, and then copied the folders containing my .pst files to their proper locations in my user files. Everything worked fine except that I now have two of every folder (Two inboxes, outboxes, drafts, etc.). I tried deleting the .pst file, and reinstalling outlook, but when I do that, I get an error message that says the .pst files can't be located, and the program terminates. How do I do a fresh install from scratch, so that no former settings are loaded from a previo...

Workflow and GP10 Install
Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server that has (according to me) all the pre-requisites installed needed for Dynamics GP 10 Workflow including Windows 2003 Server, IIS, Sharepoint, Web Services e.t.c. The problem I am having is after completing the install screens e.g. specifying web services URL and security admin service URL e.t.c. When I click on Install, it comes up with an error that 'Workflow needs to be installed on a Windows 2003 Server' - which is ludicrous as we are on one. Any ideas please. Thanks Neil Neil, Workflow will only install on the following versions of Windo...