How do Installation Codes and Product IDs relate to each other?

I have recently taken an IS role in a small company, and am attempting
to establish a baseline of all software assets.

On one hand I have a box of Office v.X disks. They have CD Key printed
on the box for installation (e.g. Q3JY9-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-35F7Y)

On the other hand, I have a building full of machines with Office
installed on them. "About Office" shows you the product ID code (e.g.
55988-xxx-xxxxxxx-12281).

So how can I relate the two? i.e. how can I work out which Cd Key was
used on which machine?

Thanks for any assistance!
Cheers,
Juz
0
juz_p (2)

Fairly positive that for Office X there is no correlation (earlier versions
there was).  However, if you want to reset the CD keys on the machines, this
is how:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html
Although the site might be acting up a tad just this minute.

Or just bookmark/print this in case you ever accidentally double-install a
serial number.

DM

"Juz" wrote:

> I have recently taken an IS role in a small company, and am attempting
> to establish a baseline of all software assets.
>
> On one hand I have a box of Office v.X disks. They have CD Key printed
> on the box for installation (e.g. Q3JY9-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-35F7Y)
>
> On the other hand, I have a building full of machines with Office
> installed on them. "About Office" shows you the product ID code (e.g.
> 55988-xxx-xxxxxxx-12281).
>
> So how can I relate the two? i.e. how can I work out which Cd Key was
> used on which machine?
>
> Thanks for any assistance!
> Cheers,
> Juz

In article
<BD08BC67.33AF0%dayomitchell_1997@NOhotmailSPAM.com.invalid>,
 Dayo Mitchell <dayomitchell_1997@NOhotmailSPAM.com.invalid> wrote:

> Although the site might be acting up a tad just this minute.

Acting up?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Windows Installer Configuration EVERY TIME!!!
Ok, so I am sure this sounds pretty familiar. Every time I open an office application, or an office document, I get a pop up of the windows installer and it starts running some mystery configuration process. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I have tried repairing the registry permissions. I have ripped all office traces out by force and done a clean install. I have rebuilt the registry, modified it, added some conditional entries, but to no avail. I have done it in the user account, and the built in administrator account. I have done both custom and full installs. ...

Copying charts and their data with relative cell positions
I have a chart with a data table next to it. The looks of the data table and the chart have been modified to the look I need, however I have to repeatedly show this same chart and data table multiple times in the same worksheet but with different data. What I want to do is copy the chart and it's corresponding data table and paste into into a different location on the spreadsheet. However when I do this the chart always keeps the original cell refernces. Apparently the chart uses absolute referncing instead of relative referncing. When I attempt to modify the chart's data s...

KB890830 Malicious Software Removal Tool installation never goes a
Windows XP SP3, Norton 360, DSL, Pent4 @ 2.66g. Tried both Windows & MS auto update with same results. For the last several, well 6 months now, the malicious software removal tool (KB890830) seems to never completely install. When I click to install, it prepares, then installs (full green iinstall bargraph) and the updates ready icon in the toolbar goes away as if all ok. Within a couple of minutes it pops back up as if I never did anything. If I check ms update history I have successfully installed the tool 30+ times a month. help appreciated patman wrote: > Window...

Full version of MS Office Pro 2007 won't install from CD on new PC
I have a brand-new out-of-the-box Dell Inspiron with Windows 7. I have the Full licensed version of Microsoft Office 2007 Professional on CD. Running setup.exe from the CD gives me "Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 must be installed before you can install Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager. Install Outlook from CD 1, and then start this installation again." I read some posts about people getting the same message when installing a trial or downloaded version (I am installing the FULL licensed version from CD) or when upgrading, and the typical resp...

Install Publisher 2007 on Two Computers?
I have Office Home and Student 2007 on a laptop and desktop and would like to add Publisher 2007. Is there a version of Publisher 2007 that can be installed on more than one computer? I currently have Publisher XP. Thanks, Al Alton, The Publisher EULA states: 2. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. Before you use the software under a license, you must assign that license to one device. That device is the "licensed device." A hardware partition or blade is considered to be a separate device. a. Licensed Device. You may install and use one copy of the software on the licensed ...

VBA Code to select and format range
Hi All, I want to select a range of cells and format the range of cells based on a "offset" feature... The last couple lines in my code are: ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-4]C:R[-1]C)" Where the active cell reference is a moving target depending on the amount of data in the worksheet. How do I now say - select this cell, plus other cells in this range of cells and format them with a border, and a color? I can't get the syntax right. I I record the macro, it only gives me this: range("I32:L37&q...

Form keep the focus unable to get to the code
I designed a form, which on open of excel gets the focus, on which I had a button to allow me to get to the code whilst developing the form. I copied the button then made the original button not visible. I then opened the form only to find that neither button worked. Now when I open excel it sets the focus to the form and I cannot get off the form to the code to put the button back to visible or to make any other changes. The form on close opens outlook and when outlook closes it closes excel. How can I get off the form to allow me to edit the code or a worksheet or infact anything? ...

Installation nightmare
I am trying to install Office Suite 2007 Home and Student. It won't install but the error message simply says to contact Microsoft Support. However, in order to get the support, I have to give a product I.D. from the installed program. Frustrating. Does anyone have any idea how I can get support from Microsoft without paying extra since the product entitles me to free support? There should be a sticker on the DVD case that has the product key. If you purchased a download, the product key is included in the e-mail accompanying the download instructions. Daddy "...

CRM 4.0 relating customeraddress entity
One of the touted features of 4.0 which I've been looking forward to is the more flexible relationship definitions allowed. It appears in my new test environment that I still cannot relate the customeraddress entity to anything (other than what comes by default)! I clicked on a couple system entities (such as article, article comment, competitor address) and didn't find the 'create' button next to any of the relationship tabs. Can any 4.0 expert educate me on this? Or is my test environment buggy? Thanks in advance. -Erik Relationship building in CRM 4.0 is mush more ri...

How can I install the CRM for Outlook Client on 64bit Win7
Hi, I am trying to install the CRM for Outlook client, but as there is no 64 version to be found on the Microsoft site, how should I install the 32bit version of the client? Thanks Harry That what I have done and it works perfect with Office 2007 which is x86. Questions will raise with the x64 version of Office 2010.... CS http://www.addonnice.com Imagine CRM - CRM @Commerce - XRM EMailing "Harry van Rossum" <Harry van Rossum@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 8B61605E-E2AA-43EE-A775-60FF8868733A@microsoft.com... > Hi...

mnyppc05.exe Installation
I receive this message when I try to install the application: "Setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files. Make at least 1183KB free disk space available and then try running Setup again. Error 101." This is on a drive with 8.03 GB of free space. Someone needs to check their coding I think. Any suggestions...? Thank you. Peter In microsoft.public.money, Peter wrote: >I receive this message when I try to install the application: > >"Setup is unable to find a hard disk location to store temporary files. Make >at least 1183KB free di...

product key.
I have 3 license rms network. I am switching license from one machine to another. Problem is that I do not know which product key goes with which machine. How can I get this information? thanks Brent Hi Brent, I belive you have to contact Microsoft as when you shift machine to machine you need new license keys in POS 2.0 are you using the 2.0 version or 1.3 confirm if 2 then contact MS for the new key , they will ask you few question. "Brent" wrote: > I have 3 license rms network. I am switching license from one machine to > another. Problem is that I do not kn...

Changing HR Benefit Codes
I need to sweep through a company database and change HR benefit codes in all tables from one ID to another, like AD&D to ADD. Has anybody done this? I've already written some queries to do some of the tables but am hoping somebody has already done all possible tables. -- Charles Allen, MVP Charles: Not sure this helps or not but I know support has one to do both benefit codes and deduction codes. You might want to check there - sorry I can't be more help, JG "Charles Allen" wrote: > I need to sweep through a company database and change HR benefit codes...

glitch: opening form to specific record using its ID
Hello all! I have a form which accepts a partspec of a last name and then displays in a subform all records that match. I then allow the user to click on the ID of the desired record and opens the main form to that record. Here is the code: ' IncidentID is key field of main table 'Me,txtIncidentID is value of textbox in subform strWhere = "[IncidentId]=" & Me.txtIncidentID DoCmd.Close DoCmd.OpenForm "frmcallout", , , strWhere Works great...except: When the main form is displayed, if any attempt is made to access another record (e.g. page ...

Message ID
Hi, I am building an application to process the email messages using the message-id of every message. I need to know when this message-id is available, when not. RFC 2822 says "Though optional, every message SHOULD have a "Message-ID:" field. " From my experience it seems that the messages from MS exchange server always have "message-id", even both sender and receiver in the same server. Is it correct? Do the most email servers in today market, like notes, sendmail, generate a global unique message-id for every message? Where can I find such kind info...

Microsoft Money 2002 install/uninstall
Money installation wizard starts every time I try to enter the control panel. I already have Money 2002 installed. However, after uninstalling, the program continues to be shown in my program list on the install/uninstall window. Please help. ...

CRM 1.2 Email Router Installation Problem
Hello, I just installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 successfully. When I tried to install the Email router on our exchange server, I got the error message stating "One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid". I tried the 14 steps listed at: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=exchange+email+router&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=O3puCy2vDHA.2372%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl&rnum=1 and found out that: http://crm server name/MSCRMServices/bizuser.srf - returned http 500 Internal server error http://crm server name/MSCRMServices/bizusersdl.srf - displays XM...

Product key help!
Hello I bought the Microsoft Office Home and student 2007 and it says I can use it up to three PC. I installed it in 2008 when i get my PC and then everything got erased, so I had to reinstall it again. Now my old hard drive was replaced with a new one cause it was dead. Now I am afraid to reinstall the Office cause I used it twice and if I install it again, there goes my three times The question was, When it says *Up to three computers uses. Does that mean how many times its installed or does it go by your IP Address? No you don't lose anything as long as you install on t...

Asset ID #2
Is there a way to set the asset id to populate automatically or will I always have to manually enter a different id each time? How does it work if I use the payable management intergration? thanks! its manual -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "mari" wrote: > Is there a way to set the asset id to populate automatically or will I always > have to manually enter a different id each time? How does it work if I use > the ...

Authentication Prompt for Outlook Client After IE7 Install
After we installed IE7, all users started receiving a log in prompt when attempting to access CRM through the Outlook client. None of our IE settings have changed; we confirmed IE is still set to pass the log in info to Intranet sites. Has anyone experienced this? What did you do to solve the issue? Have you entered the the url of crmserver ( http://crm:5555) in the trusted sites of browser ? Or if you can verify it. /Aamir We have it in trusted sites under the server name. We aren't listing the port. None of our settings have changed since IE 6. And if I log into CRM via Out...

Can't get Money to install correctly or run without error
I've tried to install Money about 5 times with the same problem each time. Microsoft Money Error Report = AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 14.0.0.724 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 14.0.0.724 Offset: 00092113 Even though I send the error report to MS I am not able to open the app and get to the product code to be able to logon to chat with a MS tech to determine why I can't get app to load correctly. Any Idea's? Try Uninstalling Money, Deleting the Money Folders and Money Registry Keys Delete the Money data in the Application Data folder Search your computer for the mnyob99.dl...

Check if Application Installed
How would I use code to check if an application is installed? Just look for the *.exe in the expected location? "David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message news:O6srTg$uKHA.1796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How would I use code to check if an application is installed? Just look > for the *.exe in the expected location? That depends on the application. /Al As Al said, it depends. Windows doesn't have a standard system. For instance, if I install Regmon I'll just make a folder named "Sysinternals", unzip regmon.exe ...

CRM 1.0 Enhanced Crystal Report Installation Help Needed
When I try to install CRM 1.0 crystal report enhancement I got the following message "Error 1713.Crystal Reports 8.5 Enhanced Edition for Microsoft CRM (en) Cannot install one of itsrequired products". any one can help please MD wrote: > When I try to install CRM 1.0 crystal report enhancement I got the > following message "Error 1713.Crystal Reports 8.5 Enhanced Edition for > Microsoft CRM (en) Cannot install one of itsrequired products". any > one can help please Hi MD, This is a known issue Error 1713 'Crystal Reports 8.5 Enhanced Edition for Microsoft...

DCOM Errors After CRM3.0/Exchange Connector Install
Hi All, On each reboot after installing CRM3.0 & the Exchange Connector on a W2k3 server with Exch 2k3, the following error appears in the System event log: --------------------------------------------------------------------- Source: DCOM Event ID: 10016 The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {9DA0E106-86CE-11D1-8699-00C04FB98036} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. ---------------------------...

Exploring MFC Source code
Hi, I am just want to get a little acquaint on the MFC source code. There isn't any project files for .NET 2002. Just a makefile. So how to see it from head to tail? Thanks Jack Hello Jacky, > Hi, > I am just want to get a little acquaint on the MFC source code. There > isn't > any project files for .NET 2002. Just a makefile. So how to see it > from head > to tail? Thanks Its all installed on your machine. You can look at the installation directory, but the best way to understand most aspects of MFC would be to build a simple SDI app (in debug configuration...