How do I locate my serial numbers on installed versions of Office 2004?

Hello:

I have five licenses of Office 2004 Professional running in my studio,
and five sets of install discs.  Unfortunately, when we did the
installs we did not label the sets of discs with their corresponding
users, so I don't know which set of discs is installed on which
computer.  One of those five computers has just been replaced, and I
need to re-install a copy of Office on the new computer - but which
one?

I need to check and verify which serial number is being used on each
computer, so I can tell which one can be installed - but I cannot find
the serial nubmers anywhere on the computers themselves!  The only
thing I can find is product registration codes, but that does not
correspond with any serial numbers.

Can someone please tell me how i can check the serial numbers for each
install?  Thank you very much for your assistance!

--g

On 29/6/06 15:49, in article
1151592583.349773.146130@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
"gtomlinson@gmail.com" <gtomlinson@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have five licenses of Office 2004 Professional running in my studio,
> and five sets of install discs.  Unfortunately, when we did the
> installs we did not label the sets of discs with their corresponding
> users, so I don't know which set of discs is installed on which
> computer.  One of those five computers has just been replaced, and I
> need to re-install a copy of Office on the new computer - but which
> one?
>
> I need to check and verify which serial number is being used on each
> computer, so I can tell which one can be installed - but I cannot find
> the serial nubmers anywhere on the computers themselves!  The only
> thing I can find is product registration codes, but that does not
> correspond with any serial numbers.
>
> Can someone please tell me how i can check the serial numbers for each
> install?  Thank you very much for your assistance!
>
> --g

Unfortunately there is no way to determine the serial number from the
product code - if there was, it would make piracy rife! Every one who used
office at work would be able to get a serial number by looking at the info
box where the registration code.

However, if you 'guess' the wrong number, there's no need to remove &
re-install, just follow these instructions for removing the office
registration, and then try the next number:
<http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html>

--
Barry Wainwright
Microsoft MVP (see http://mvp.support.microsoft.com for details)