How do I Install Office:mac 2004 Upgrade on new iMac

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

I have Office:mac Upgrade Professional Edition installed on my G3 running OS 10.4.11 and am trying to install the program on my new iMac with Intel Duo processors. I am unable to transfer the application over from the G3 because I don't have enough access privileges. (The system (both macs) ran for 13 hours supposedly transferring files, after which it managed to transfer 1 application. All files that were transferred deny me access privileges.) They're my machines - I am the only user of both machines. I have Word 6, Office Mac:2001 (Upgrade) and my latest purchase of Office 2004.

How do I install this 2004 version of Office on my iMac?

Thanks!
0
Ron_in_PG (1)

"Ron_in_PG@officeformac.com" wrote:

> How do I install this 2004 version of Office on my iMac?

Install from the CD. It will install the necessary files like fonts,
Spotlight importers etc. Be sure to upgrade. There is an 11.5.0 combo
updater. After that there is one small 11.5.1 updater.

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/downloads/mactopia_dl.html>

You can copy over your Microsoft User Data folder. If you have permissions
problems. Let Entourage create a new Microsoft User Data folder and check
the permissions on it with the one you dragged over. Set permissions
correctly on your old files and you should be good to go.

--
Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)
9/10/2008 1:23:25 AM
On Sep 9, 6:23=A0pm, Diane Ross <di...@invalid.entourage.mvps.org>
wrote:
> "Ron_in...@officeformac.com" wrote:
> > How do I install this 2004 version of Office on my iMac?
>
> Install from the CD. It will install the necessary files like fonts,
> Spotlight importers etc. Be sure to upgrade. There is an 11.5.0 combo
> updater. After that there is one small 11.5.1 updater.
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/downloads/mactopia_dl.html>
>
> You can copy over your Microsoft User Data folder. If you have permission=
> problems. Let Entourage create a new Microsoft User Data folder and check
> the permissions on it with the one you dragged over. Set permissions
> correctly on your old files and you should be good to go.
>
> --
> Diane

Thank you Diane. I will give that a shot. When using the 2004 Upgrade
Install, Office checks for existing versions of office on the system.
In this case it would not find one. Should I drag it over from the
other computer (the G3) first?

Thanks!
0
rprochot (1)
9/10/2008 5:09:01 PM
"Ron" wrote:

> Thank you Diane. I will give that a shot. When using the 2004 Upgrade
> Install, Office checks for existing versions of office on the system.
> In this case it would not find one. Should I drag it over from the
> other computer (the G3) first?

If you have the pre-2004 CD, just launch it and point to it when it asks for
the previous version. The 2004 install is looking not for your installed
2004, but for Office X or 2001 or any older version.

If you don't need Exchange, when you upgrade to Office 2008 get the Home &
Student version for less than $130. No more bothering with finding the old
versions.

Amazon with free shipping for Home & Student version - $129.99

<http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>

--
Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)
9/10/2008 6:44:03 PM
Thanks Diane. IT WORKED REAL SLICK! :)

For anyone that might be reading this the trick is to:
1) Install from the new UPGRADE CD
2) Follow the Instructions
3) When instructed insert the original CD (E.g. Office:mac Upgrade 2001)
4) Browse to the Microsoft Office FOLDER on the original 'CD' (POINTING TO THE 'CD' does not work)
5) Install the updates (which in my case were fully automatic).

Thank you for making this one of the easiest installs I've ever experienced with Microsoft Office - going back all the way back to Word v4.0.
Thanks for the exact instructions. Glad you are happy. Next step be sure you
have a good backup strategy. It is not advised to let Time Machine backup
Entourage. If Entourage is open and being written to during a backup the
copy can be corrupt. Since Time Machine does this hourly, Entourage will
most likely be in use when backed up. See these alternatives.

Entourage and Time-Machine-like backup (creates chronological backup of
Identity can be used by both Tiger and Leopard allowing you to roll back to
previous dated backups.

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/entourage_and_time_machine.html>

Alternative method to use Entourage and Time Machine (does a once a day or
whatever time period you select) This quits Entourage and the Microsoft
Database daemon allowing for once a day backup into Time Machine.

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/01/alternative_method_to_use_entourage_
and_time_machine.html>

--
Diane

"" wrote:

> Thanks Diane. IT WORKED REAL SLICK! :)
>
> For anyone that might be reading this the trick is to:
> 1) Install from the new UPGRADE CD
> 2) Follow the Instructions
> 3) When instructed insert the original CD (E.g. Office:mac Upgrade 2001)
> 4) Browse to the Microsoft Office FOLDER on the original 'CD' (POINTING TO THE
> 'CD' does not work)
> 5) Install the updates (which in my case were fully automatic).
>
> Thank you for making this one of the easiest installs I've ever experienced
> with Microsoft Office - going back all the way back to Word v4.0.

0
diane7495 (1195)

MS Office 2008 home version with Pro for entourage
Hello and thanks for any help you can provide. I have MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. I want to install only word, excel and powerpoint and then separately install Entourage 2008 Pro (as provided by my hosted exchange co.) in order to connect to my exchange server. I have done this before and remember some convoluted errors but it eventually worked. My latest attempt did not. Has there been a change to prevent this from working? ...

How to set Page Layout View as default when composing new eMail message?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (German) with MS Office Word as my E-Mail Editor. When composing a new eMail message, default view is always "Normal". I would like it to be "Page Layout" (or "Print Layout" in some Word version, I guess). I tried serveral things, from changing different templates (email.dot, normal.dot, mail.oft) to changing the Form for messages. But I didn't find a way to change the view here, because it's in Outlook style, not Word. And I didn't find any setting in Word for it. How can I change the default View? And which templ...

Office Assistants
I have a custom Office Assistant (like Rocky, Clipit, etc - you know, the things everyone hates) that I'd like to use with my copy of Office X. It's written in a Windows .acs file. Is there any way to get it working in Office X, or am I just screwed? Thanks! In article <100201c4261c$00e42cf0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Scott Ward" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a custom Office Assistant (like Rocky, Clipit, etc - you know, the > things everyone hates) that I'd like to use with my copy of Office X. > > It's written in...

upgrades
I own 4 gateway PC's with Windows 95. I would like to get a few more years out of them. What is the least expensive way to upgrade? Thank you. I would buy a 5-user Microsoft Open License to bring the cost down. You can buy that from resellers such as CDW. Sal www.cedrostec.com "Jim Weber" <webermb@iquest.net> wrote in message news:059801c36053$a5d026e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I own 4 gateway PC's with Windows 95. I would like to get > a few more years out of them. What is the least expensive > way to upgrade? > > Thank you. ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

XP Install
I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resides. Could someone provide a link giving me the process I should follow to successfully complete the upgrade ?? --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- On 06/20/2010 04:52 AM, Dilly Dally wrote: > I'm going to do a major upgrade (Processor, Vid Card, RAM) along with an initial install of XP where a Linux distro now resid...

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Business contact manager install failure
Office 2007 BCM gives me this error when I try and install it: Setup cant finish because it can't delete: c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\temp_MS_AgentSigningCertificate_database_log.LDF Any ideas? ...

error on install to pocket pc
"window\mny2day.dll" is in use or is in ROM. IFthe file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. I do not understand what file could be using the same application or how to check the ROM. ...

Can't upgrade companies to SP4
R [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.I had a base installation of GP 9.0, no patches. Decided to download SP4 and install. Install of the MSI went fine and upgrading the master databases worked, but going company by company, I get the following error: The following SQL statement produced an error: CREATE Procedure SVC_POP_Make_PO( @PromisedDate datetime, @OrderedBy char(15), @BatchNum char(15), @ItemNumber char(30), @VendorItemNumber char(30), @LocationCode char(10), @Uo...

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Install 2003 after 2007?
I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other than Outlook I didn't like it. I wanted to reinstall 2003 Excel & Word. Per instructions here I uninstalled 2007 except Outlook and upon attempting to reinstall 2003 I get the error message, "Business Contact Manager requires Outlook 2003, please install Outlook 2003 before running setup". Help please. Thanks in advance... Bob Answered in the other group post "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:jH5Xl.21061$IP7.4196@newsfe23.iad... >I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other tha...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

Won't save office applications, appcrash
Help I cant save documents , excel etc in office 2007 on vista laptop. I have tried open office but this suffers the same problem. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling office but no change. see below for word report, in excel the fault module was given as PROPSYS.dll Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: WINWORD.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 45428028 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00000001 ...

MS Office Excel97: Removing Page Breaks
How do I remove page breaks? For some unknown reason they started appearing on a spreadsheet recently. I see dotted lines dividing up the sheet and large "Page ...." in the background. According to an Office 97 book I have, I should go to Tools->Options->View-tab and set the Page Break option off. There isn't any. If I right click outside the page area, I see PG menu items but none seem to work. There's also a PB View in the View menu, but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything. Weird. -- Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada Cit...

Does upgrade to 2004 replace X?
Does an Office upgrade to 2004 from v.X replace v.X or would I have two different versions of Office installed? Does the Remove Office program that comes with 2004 remove v.X as well? I no longer have the CD for X so I'm afraid I'll be wasting tons of space if I can't fully remove version X. Thanks! Sent using the Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac Test Drive. In article <BD7F1503.859%armando@aya.yale.edu>, "Armando A. Valdes Prieto" <armando@aya.yale.edu> wrote: > Does an Office upgrade to 2004 from v.X replace v.X or would I have two > different ...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...

Cursor on new message window but no text appears when typed?
When using Outlook 2003 for sending new e-mail, I'm unable to type text into the message body. The cursor appears but no text shows. Text appears when I use Word 2003 to send my new e-mail message. It is more convenient for me to use Outlook. Help. ...

How do I recover lost contacts etc after having to re-install?
I was instructed to reinstall Oulook and have now lost all my contacts calander reminders etc. Can anyone advise how I can recover these? Reinstalling never loses data. Just find your previous data file (a hidden file with a *.pst extension) and open it in Outlook. For future reference, you should always know where your data file is and back it up. Basic common sense with computers: back up your data or be willing to lose it. -- Russ Valentine "Julz" <Julz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAEB4CCB-20B8-4385-8578-619B5900312A@microsoft.com... ...

How do I set my office hours.
I work different hours than others in my department. They are always scheduling meetings when I am not at work. Also there have been several new members added to the team in another state that do not know my schedule. How do I indicate in my calendar what my office hours are? Ben Woodford <Ben Woodford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I indicate in my calendar what my office hours are? Tools>Options>Calendar Options. However, I don't think that will affect what others view when they schedule a meeting with you. If you're using Exchange, enable the Out...

Outlook Cannot Run Add-In...Windows Installer Error 1605
I'm getting the follwing error message when I try use and setup my new Office Outlook 2003 (SBE with contact manager) for the first time: "Microsoft Outlook Cannot Run the Add-In ... Windows Installer Error 1605" I've found this article on the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but it addresses only Outlook 2002: OL2002: Error Message: Microsoft Outlook Cannot Run the Add-In ... Windows Installer Error 1605 Does anyone know of a solution that will fix this problem in Outlook 2003 or does the above article for 2002 also apply for Outlook 2003? Thanks. Dennis Boone ...