how do get the bcc field to display?

Its odd but I have no BCC field, I used to but I dont now!
\
kokney (12)

It's a pain, isn't it :-)

The BCC field is visible only if you are sending an EMAIL.

If you are in a Newsgroup, it doesn't exist.

In an email (not a news post) click in the Address field (either To or CC).

The BCC field will then appear.

Use Send Feedback on the Help menu to tell Microsoft you would like it back
:-)

Cheers

On 27/02/08 8:22 PM, in article ee8ef11.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"kokney@officeformac.com" <kokney@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Its odd but I have no BCC field, I used to but I dont now!
> \

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia

0
john7143 (1072)
2/27/2008 11:22:12 AM
ah rather like the ability to cut and paste from word to dreamweaver, MS have decided to make things harder in 2008 by stopping it!

thanks
0
kokney (12)
2/27/2008 11:31:59 AM
Yep, it sucks. Word 2008 changed what they put on the clipboard and some
programs choke on it (but not all). Complain to MS here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/suggestions.mspx

and to Adobe here:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

My workaround is copying into Word 2004 and then re-copying. Hope you
didn't delete it!  You can also use Edit | Paste Special | Plain Text
(or Text Only) in DW, and that will get the basic text into DW, but
you'll have to re-add all the paragraph breaks, formatting, etc. I also
got slightly better results copying from a clipboard utility.

But in the future, please don't post unrelated issues in a thread.

kokney@officeformac.com wrote:
> ah rather like the ability to cut and paste from word to dreamweaver, MS have decided to make things harder in 2008 by stopping it!
>
> thanks

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
2/27/2008 1:04:56 PM
Oh come on, it was a passing comment in a thread that I started, no need to be such a puritan about it. You need to relax a little or you'll end up working in IT!

kokney (12)
2/27/2008 1:40:06 PM
Well, it jacks up the archives for other people who are searching for
answers, as stuff is hidden under unrelated subjects.  There are all
sorts of new ways to flag a post as an answer in the Mactopia forums,
and they don't work well without a "one question per thread" model.  I
mean, ideally, people should just be able to search and not have to wait
for an answer at all, right?

kokney@officeformac.com wrote:
> Oh come on, it was a passing comment in a thread that I started, no need to be such a puritan about it. You need to relax a little or you'll end up working in IT!

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
2/27/2008 1:46:26 PM
But nothing has changed in this regard in Entourage 2008; it still behaves
the same way Entourage 2004 has always behaved.

On 27/02/08 12:31, in article ee8ef11.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)
2/27/2008 3:22:39 PM
Yes as I recall now, that sort of thing is one of the reasons I moved to macmail. I thought I would try entourage again, but mail on leapard is singing a siren song to me right now!

kokney (12)
2/27/2008 3:40:24 PM
On 2/27/08 3:22 AM, in article C3EB7DFC.116FF%john@mcghie.name, "John
McGhie" <john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> It's a pain, isn't it :-)
>
> The BCC field is visible only if you are sending an EMAIL.
>
> If you are in a Newsgroup, it doesn't exist.

Even using CC on a newsgroup message usually doesn't work because of the
address you are using like a no spam address. I don't see this as a problem.
If you need to, just forward a newsgroup message. I have to agree with
Microsoft on this one. I know...I'm ducking and running.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
2/28/2008 12:34:37 AM
{Giggle}  Diane, I take your point.  Just to digress a bit (OK, well, 'a
lot...')...

I just don't understand why people use fake email addresses.  What's the
point?  Why specify an email address at all, if it is not going to work?

Since I have been posting on UseNet (say, 1992...) I have always posted my
real email address, and my real phone number.  The current version of my
..sig even includes my exact latitude and longitude.

I believe that I must be prepared to stand behind the advice that I give in
here.  Sorta like a "guarantee" :-)  If people want to come and knock on my
door and complain about my advice, they are very welcome to do so.

Ummm...  Bring a couple of beers with you, or I may not actually listen too
closely :-)

In all the time that I have been posting my real name and email address and
phone number on Usenet, I have had only one complaining phone call :-)
Ummm....  If you're going to call, work out what time of day it is in Sydney
first.  And if you want me to do something for you, work out how you're
going to pay me, before you ring.  Otherwise you may discover that
Australian's reputation for "directness" is very much deserved :-)

I don't believe that I get any more spam than anyone else: it is difficult
to tell.  Since I installed a spam filter that is NOT programmed to let
through spam "from Microsoft's related business, partners, and associates" I
almost do not see "any" spam.  Actually, I think I might have got "one" this
week...

Cheers

On 28/02/08 10:04 AM, in article
C3EB419D.156E0%diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org, "Diane Ross"
<diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote:

> On 2/27/08 3:22 AM, in article C3EB7DFC.116FF%john@mcghie.name, "John
> McGhie" <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>
>> It's a pain, isn't it :-)
>>
>> The BCC field is visible only if you are sending an EMAIL.
>>
>> If you are in a Newsgroup, it doesn't exist.
>
> Even using CC on a newsgroup message usually doesn't work because of the
> address you are using like a no spam address. I don't see this as a problem.
> If you need to, just forward a newsgroup message. I have to agree with
> Microsoft on this one. I know...I'm ducking and running.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50

0
john7143 (1072)
3/2/2008 4:02:09 AM
On 3/1/08 8:02 PM, in article C3F071F1.11D2D%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
<john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> I don't believe that I get any more spam than anyone else: it is difficult
> to tell.  Since I installed a spam filter that is NOT programmed to let
> through spam "from Microsoft's related business, partners, and associates" I
> almost do not see "any" spam.  Actually, I think I might have got "one" this
> week...

John, we know you are special. You must have some field around you that has
protected you from spam and requests for help. Either that are being upside
down in Australia works wonders. :-)
--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
3/2/2008 4:20:39 AM
Hi Diane:

I thought of a beautiful line there, but decided against it.  This is a
family newspaper :-)

I just think this whole "anonymous" thing is very over-done.  As I say, in
the past 15 years, I have never seen the need for it.

I have an effective spam filter: all the spam is dumped at the server, I
never see it.

And most folks I think understand that with 900,000,000 users of Microsoft
Word out there, if every user was to send me just one email in their
lifetime, I would not live long enough to read them all.

People will occasionally email me direct for help.  They all get the same
answer:  "Put your question in the group, and I will get to it in its turn."
Australia is a bit like the United Kingdom in that respect: we do not think
highly of attempts to "jump the queue".  Doing that practically guarantees
they will wait longer than usual for service :-)

Cheers

On 2/03/08 3:20 PM, in article
C3EF6B17.15F27%diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org, "Diane Ross"
<diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote:

> On 3/1/08 8:02 PM, in article C3F071F1.11D2D%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
> <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>
>> I don't believe that I get any more spam than anyone else: it is difficult
>> to tell.  Since I installed a spam filter that is NOT programmed to let
>> through spam "from Microsoft's related business, partners, and associates" I
>> almost do not see "any" spam.  Actually, I think I might have got "one" this
>> week...
>
> John, we know you are special. You must have some field around you that has
> protected you from spam and requests for help. Either that are being upside
> down in Australia works wonders. :-)

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50

0
john7143 (1072)

How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003?
Hi, How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? Many thanks, aushknotes "aushknotes" <aushknotes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:508426F2-1C8A-4AD2-A52E-B80B9798AC0C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? > Prefix @ to the name of the attribute value. XmlAttribute attrib = (XmlAttribute)dom.selectSingleNode("/path/@attributeName"); -- Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET aushknotes wrote: > How do you get the attribute value using XPath in VB.Net 2003? ...

Getting rid of #value
How am I able to add a column of numbers when one of the numbers in the formula is itself a formula that results in #VALUE (because that number the product of zero times another number)? Thanks First, the product of zero and another number shouldn't be giving you #VALUE!. Your best bet is to fix or bypass whatever is causing the #VALUE! error. If you can't do that for some reason, array-enter (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RETURN): =SUM(IF(ISERROR(A1:A20),"",A1:A20)) In article <_e6dnZvUCo7b1mHdRVn-sw@comcast.com>, "Craig" <jcstone1@comcast.net>...

Display full email address in addition to Nickname
People I don't know send me emails using their nickname "John", etc. I'd like to have be able to see their full email address displayed in my INBOX instead of just their nickname, so I know which emails to delete without opening or having to press options and the email address of the sender. If I add the column "email" nothing happens. Is there a way to do this? ...

how can I get the total hrs of a delay when it is greater than 24
I work for an airline and sometimes I need to know the total hours of a delay, and when the delay is greater than 24 hours. In my report I hav something like this: arrival time in colum A departure time colum B result in colum C 10/23/09 21:00 10/24/09 23:00 2:00 and really the delay was of 26 hours. How can I obtain this? I already set up my Tools-Options-Canculation to 1904 date system Format Custom as [h]:mm No need to use 1904 date system -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "El Ixmahana" <ElIxmahana...

How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ?
How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) In news:u6NrOZiyFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, RikS <riks.tw@yahoo.com.tw> typed: > How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange > 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) Don't know how you'd do this offhand, but I wouldn't. If users are misusing BCC, educate them, and make this an HR issue. It really isn't a technical one. HI Riks go to new mail over there on toolbar u will be getting option in that opti...

Migrating data from ACT to CRM (how to get at act! data)
I intend on using the DMF to migrate data to CRM. The question I have is how do I get at the underlying database that ACT uses. I see the MS excel file for ACT has table and field mappings but I need to do some specialized SQL. I can't seem to figure out though how to get into the SQL database where the ACT information is stored. How do I log into that database? Thanks! -Elie From my days working with ACT, I thought the databse was built around Microsoft Access. If indeed the databas is SQL then you should be able to get your SQL DBA to grant you access to the SQL Database. -- Rgds...

writing calculated fields
I am trying to avoid starting a Crystal report from scratch, please help me! I need to use the equivalent of the "If, Then, Else" formula in Crystal reports in Report Writer. I need my PO in report writer to: if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 30) else if {IV00101.UOMSCHDL}="xxxxx" then (PO ordered QTY * 40) else PO ordered QTY I can only place PO's to the vendor in eaches but I am entering the PO into GP in cases. I have the PO processing side setup correctly, I just need the PO to print now. Thank you! -- CK Create two new calculate...

When opening Excel get File Not Found error
When I open Excel for the first time, I get an error that says "Microsoft Visual Basic" in the title bar and then it says "File Not Found" I am not sure what is causing this. Any ideas? Thanks! Try opening excel in save mode excel.exe /s if you don't get the prompt, then it is probably related to a bad addin you have selected in tools=>addins or a workbook in your xlstart subdirectory. (try moving any files found there). You can then start adding things back until you find the file causing the problem. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Andy" <anonymou...

OPOS Line Display Service Object
Hi, I am a newbie in OPOS. I am developing a service object for OPOS line display. When trying to use it through the MonroeCS CO control (OPOSLineDisplay.ocx, version OposCCOs-1_11_001), Open gives code 104 (=OPOS_E_NOSERVICE), and get_OpenResult() gives code 305 (=OPOS_OR_BADIF). What these return codes really means ? In Control Programmer's Guide (OLE for Retail POS, Release 1.6) this is said in page 18, item 5: CLIP --> .... (This ensures that the Service Object supports at least the minimum methods of a valid Service Object for the device class, before calling any of its methods...

Could very much use a Field List
I apologize if this is out there already, but it seems that at least a few field names changed from 1.2 to 1.3. Although I had downloaded a field list before, from here, I cannot even find that original post, let alone any more recent that might contain the correct field names. I need to do some custom SQL and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel. Thanks in advance very much to anyone who could help. Bud Izen Salem Oregon Do you have MS Access? Make a new project and attach to the database as your data source. You will be able to see all the tables and the field names. It has been ...

Getting information from strings
Hi, I have created a database which takes the audit history of tickets, and stores it in a memo field. I have some code which will examine this field to find the first team that a ticket was assigned to, however I have a requirement to build an "assignment history". This history should consist of each team in turn that the ticket was assigned to, which will be output to a text file (I have written code for outputting to the file). I have tried using left$ and right$ to no avail, so any advice I could get would be great. For information, every time a ticket is assigned, an ...

ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler does not get called
Hello, For some reason, my ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler does not get called. I am using the usual syntax: in the .cpp file: ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_CLEAR, OnUpdateEditClear) void CDrawView::OnUpdateEditClear(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable(!m_selection.IsEmpty()); } in the .h file: afx_msg void OnUpdateEditClear(CCmdUI* pCmdUI); The other handlers (for example for ID_EDIT_CUT) work normally Thanks for advice Vaclav "Vaclav" <vjedlicka@atlas.cz> wrote in message news:u5Wc3LKJIHA.2480@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > For some reason, my ON_UPDATE_...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

List Box no displaying added choices
I have several drop-down list boxes in a few forms that I am having trouble with. When I originally set up the database, I created the tables and entered a few items to be included in the drop down list in the lookup section of the table (design view). I then created the forms and inserted those fields. I have since added several new choices to the drop-down list of the table, and those new selections are available in the Table, but they are not available in the Form. The only items available in the drop down list on the Form are those choices that were originally there when I set up the fo...

How to display video in Outlook
emails containing video display the video as large blocks of text characters. How do I get Outlook to display video and play its accompanying audio? "lombo" <lombo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4EF6106-000D-4710-81D5-3B6D2A0B19DF@microsoft.com... > emails containing video display the video as large blocks of text > characters. > How do I get Outlook to display video and play its accompanying audio? I suspect you're seeing the raw MIME encoding. This is a sign you have something interfering with Outlook's correct decoding of...

How to get rid of unwanted entries in the Outlook CRM tree view
Hello, If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the tree view of Microsoft CRM. But it how can you remove this entry again? Only by re-installing CRM? Thanks, Alex Are you talking for CRM 3, Humm, that actually sounds like a bug in outlook. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > Hello, > > If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the > tree view of Microsof...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

Combo values from query based on form fields
I am setting the values for a combo box in a form(s) via a query that 'filters' the results with criteria based upon the values of other fields on the form. The combo is a field that is bound. However, this is giving all kinds of problems ranging from Access completely crashing to being asked for the parameter values of those criteria fields when closing the form. I have tried making the combo an unbound field and then setting the value of the bound field to that unbound field after update, but that still leads to the same issues. How can I do this? As example - I have a form w...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

Dialog getting hidden under HELP file
HI all, In my application I have a dialog & I launch HELP file from that dialog using F1 key. After that If I move the help file to one corner so that a part of the dialog is visible & click on the dialog & move it,it is moving,but when it comes over the HELP file,it is not overlapping but getting hidden under that. can anybody tell me what should I do to make it overlap the help file or give me a link that can help. Thanks in advance. Yes, that's how it is supposed to work. Help is a completely separate program, so its relationship to windows in ...

BCC
I put the adresses on th BCC field but when the message is received the receiver can see the addresses instead of undisclosed-recipient. (Windows XP Professional, Outlook from Microsoft OfficeXP Suite) Does the recipient see more than just his/own address? Does it also happen when you supply at least one "To" address? Can you reproduce it over and over again? Does the same happen when you test it with Outlook Express using the same account? If so; contact your mail administrator/ISP to verify the mailserver settings -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tip...

ADO Field is Nothing error
Running ANY integration on version 10 (have SP 4 installed in Dynamics AND integration manager) yields this error for EVERY user except me (I am an administrator on our domain). There are no symbols or weird charcters. These worked fine a couple months ago, but now no one can run any. These are not even sql optimized eConnect one. They are basic standard integrations. Are you using a shared Integration Manager database or does each user have their own. If the latter, then users may not be seeing the file you are seeing in the location you are seeing it. Best regards, --...

trying to select the last 3 digits of a field
hello all this is the query im using (I am looking to get the last 3 characters of a field): rep_code: Right(tablename.fieldname,3) And I get this error: IDBC--call failed [Informix][Infomirx ODBC Driver][Informix]A syntax error has occurred. (#-201) Is it something wrong with my query or something outside Access 2003 (since the table I am trying to work with its using an ODBC conexion)? Any ideas??? Thanks ...

Cell formatting: displaying lat/long coordinates
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rather than formatting a cell to display time in hours and minutes and = seconds, I would like to display latitude and longitude in degrees, = minutes, and seconds. e.g. 43=BA 25' 34" Is this possible in Excel 2000? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C4366C.F3FDF050 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W...