how do get the bcc field to display?

Its odd but I have no BCC field, I used to but I dont now!
\
kokney (12)

It's a pain, isn't it :-)

The BCC field is visible only if you are sending an EMAIL.

If you are in a Newsgroup, it doesn't exist.

In an email (not a news post) click in the Address field (either To or CC).

The BCC field will then appear.

Use Send Feedback on the Help menu to tell Microsoft you would like it back
:-)

Cheers

On 27/02/08 8:22 PM, in article ee8ef11.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"kokney@officeformac.com" <kokney@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Its odd but I have no BCC field, I used to but I dont now!
> \

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia

0
john7143 (1072)
2/27/2008 11:22:12 AM
ah rather like the ability to cut and paste from word to dreamweaver, MS have decided to make things harder in 2008 by stopping it!

thanks
0
kokney (12)
2/27/2008 11:31:59 AM
Yep, it sucks. Word 2008 changed what they put on the clipboard and some
programs choke on it (but not all). Complain to MS here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/suggestions.mspx

and to Adobe here:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

My workaround is copying into Word 2004 and then re-copying. Hope you
didn't delete it!  You can also use Edit | Paste Special | Plain Text
(or Text Only) in DW, and that will get the basic text into DW, but
you'll have to re-add all the paragraph breaks, formatting, etc. I also
got slightly better results copying from a clipboard utility.

But in the future, please don't post unrelated issues in a thread.

kokney@officeformac.com wrote:
> ah rather like the ability to cut and paste from word to dreamweaver, MS have decided to make things harder in 2008 by stopping it!
>
> thanks

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
2/27/2008 1:04:56 PM
Oh come on, it was a passing comment in a thread that I started, no need to be such a puritan about it. You need to relax a little or you'll end up working in IT!

kokney (12)
2/27/2008 1:40:06 PM
Well, it jacks up the archives for other people who are searching for
answers, as stuff is hidden under unrelated subjects.  There are all
sorts of new ways to flag a post as an answer in the Mactopia forums,
and they don't work well without a "one question per thread" model.  I
mean, ideally, people should just be able to search and not have to wait
for an answer at all, right?

kokney@officeformac.com wrote:
> Oh come on, it was a passing comment in a thread that I started, no need to be such a puritan about it. You need to relax a little or you'll end up working in IT!

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
2/27/2008 1:46:26 PM
But nothing has changed in this regard in Entourage 2008; it still behaves
the same way Entourage 2004 has always behaved.

On 27/02/08 12:31, in article ee8ef11.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)
2/27/2008 3:22:39 PM
Yes as I recall now, that sort of thing is one of the reasons I moved to macmail. I thought I would try entourage again, but mail on leapard is singing a siren song to me right now!

kokney (12)
2/27/2008 3:40:24 PM
On 2/27/08 3:22 AM, in article C3EB7DFC.116FF%john@mcghie.name, "John
McGhie" <john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> It's a pain, isn't it :-)
>
> The BCC field is visible only if you are sending an EMAIL.
>
> If you are in a Newsgroup, it doesn't exist.

Even using CC on a newsgroup message usually doesn't work because of the
address you are using like a no spam address. I don't see this as a problem.
If you need to, just forward a newsgroup message. I have to agree with
Microsoft on this one. I know...I'm ducking and running.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
2/28/2008 12:34:37 AM
{Giggle}  Diane, I take your point.  Just to digress a bit (OK, well, 'a
lot...')...

I just don't understand why people use fake email addresses.  What's the
point?  Why specify an email address at all, if it is not going to work?

Since I have been posting on UseNet (say, 1992...) I have always posted my
real email address, and my real phone number.  The current version of my
..sig even includes my exact latitude and longitude.

I believe that I must be prepared to stand behind the advice that I give in
here.  Sorta like a "guarantee" :-)  If people want to come and knock on my
door and complain about my advice, they are very welcome to do so.

Ummm...  Bring a couple of beers with you, or I may not actually listen too
closely :-)

In all the time that I have been posting my real name and email address and
phone number on Usenet, I have had only one complaining phone call :-)
Ummm....  If you're going to call, work out what time of day it is in Sydney
first.  And if you want me to do something for you, work out how you're
going to pay me, before you ring.  Otherwise you may discover that
Australian's reputation for "directness" is very much deserved :-)

I don't believe that I get any more spam than anyone else: it is difficult
to tell.  Since I installed a spam filter that is NOT programmed to let
through spam "from Microsoft's related business, partners, and associates" I
almost do not see "any" spam.  Actually, I think I might have got "one" this
week...

Cheers

On 28/02/08 10:04 AM, in article
C3EB419D.156E0%diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org, "Diane Ross"
<diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote:

> On 2/27/08 3:22 AM, in article C3EB7DFC.116FF%john@mcghie.name, "John
> McGhie" <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>
>> It's a pain, isn't it :-)
>>
>> The BCC field is visible only if you are sending an EMAIL.
>>
>> If you are in a Newsgroup, it doesn't exist.
>
> Even using CC on a newsgroup message usually doesn't work because of the
> address you are using like a no spam address. I don't see this as a problem.
> If you need to, just forward a newsgroup message. I have to agree with
> Microsoft on this one. I know...I'm ducking and running.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50

0
john7143 (1072)
3/2/2008 4:02:09 AM
On 3/1/08 8:02 PM, in article C3F071F1.11D2D%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
<john@mcghie.name> wrote:

> I don't believe that I get any more spam than anyone else: it is difficult
> to tell.  Since I installed a spam filter that is NOT programmed to let
> through spam "from Microsoft's related business, partners, and associates" I
> almost do not see "any" spam.  Actually, I think I might have got "one" this
> week...

John, we know you are special. You must have some field around you that has
protected you from spam and requests for help. Either that are being upside
down in Australia works wonders. :-)
--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
3/2/2008 4:20:39 AM
Hi Diane:

I thought of a beautiful line there, but decided against it.  This is a
family newspaper :-)

I just think this whole "anonymous" thing is very over-done.  As I say, in
the past 15 years, I have never seen the need for it.

I have an effective spam filter: all the spam is dumped at the server, I
never see it.

And most folks I think understand that with 900,000,000 users of Microsoft
Word out there, if every user was to send me just one email in their
lifetime, I would not live long enough to read them all.

People will occasionally email me direct for help.  They all get the same
answer:  "Put your question in the group, and I will get to it in its turn."
Australia is a bit like the United Kingdom in that respect: we do not think
highly of attempts to "jump the queue".  Doing that practically guarantees
they will wait longer than usual for service :-)

Cheers

On 2/03/08 3:20 PM, in article
C3EF6B17.15F27%diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org, "Diane Ross"
<diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote:

> On 3/1/08 8:02 PM, in article C3F071F1.11D2D%john@mcghie.name, "John McGhie"
> <john@mcghie.name> wrote:
>
>> I don't believe that I get any more spam than anyone else: it is difficult
>> to tell.  Since I installed a spam filter that is NOT programmed to let
>> through spam "from Microsoft's related business, partners, and associates" I
>> almost do not see "any" spam.  Actually, I think I might have got "one" this
>> week...
>
> John, we know you are special. You must have some field around you that has
> protected you from spam and requests for help. Either that are being upside
> down in Australia works wonders. :-)

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50

0
john7143 (1072)

Displaying jpegs from SQL Server in a report
Hi, I'm trying to displaying images stored in SQL Server 2000 into a Crystal Report 10. The images source is a jpeg, and the image is not displaying. If I upload a bmp file in the database, it displays properly. The data type is a varbinary. Any idea how to display the image which was uploaded from a jpeg? ...

Reading field names from dao.recordset
In order to make an output script I need to read the field names from my recordset. The field names are known but I need it to write a flexible script. I've wrote the following: Dim rs As dao.Recordset Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Update_relations") Open "C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\TEXTFILE.TXT" For Output As #1 What I'm now lookig for is something like rs.field(0).name (but this is not working) Anybody any ideas. Regards -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200710/1 What is it t...

multiple cells get selected
one of the cells in my worksheet appears to be locked and whenever i click on a adjacent or far away cell, the range of cells between the locked cell and cell whee I clicked get selected. I have 3 worksheets in the file and when i click on 2nd or 3rd worksheet, the title bar shows the file name with (group) along with it. How can I get rid of such automatic selection of cells. Control+A also do not work for selecting all cells. Thanks Hi At the bottom of your sheet it probably show the word EXT Try pressing F8 and that should clear the problem. -- Regards Roger Govier "e...

Analytical Accounting transaction dimension user-defined fields en
In adding a new Transaction Dimension Code you should have the ability to click on the User-Defined button to access the 20 fields available as you enter the data. As of now you can add User-Defined info only AFTER the new Transaction Dimension Code is SAVED and the screen is refreshed for a new entry and not during the initial entry of the Code. We add new AA codes extensively as part of our business process therefore, to search for a previously saved AA Trans Dimension Code so we can add User-Defined fields is a 2 step, time wasting data entry process. Request that we get it done in o...

53E00 DISPLAYED IN EXCEL
Hello. Does anyone know why when we key in 5E300 into spreadsheets it shows as 5.00E+300? similarly this happens with 1E300, 2E300, 3E300 etc but not with 5C300 or other letters. 5E100 shows as 5.00E+100. It seems that it's the E here causing the problem as when other numbers are used the data is displayed as typed. This is a code we use at work by the way and although I can get round it by using the ' key at the start I'm curious. any ideas? thanks Cath, The "E" character indicates to Excel that the number is in scientific notation. So 5E300 represents 5 * 1...

Notes about a table or fields -- possible?
Is there a way in SQL Server to store notes about a table or its fields? Aside from keeping a spreadsheet or some other storage mechanism which has notes about my table's fields, it would be really nice to be able to refer to something closer to the table itself. Access offers this in the design area of a table. When I use Access I can add any notes I need in a column called "Description" which is helpful. For example, let's say that I create a field as DECIMAL(18,6). At the time of creation I might know exactly why I set the precision this way, and in the f...

Need to save at Pub Ver 8.0 in Adobe Illustrator to get screen pre
Hello all. Running Adobe Illustrator CS and Publisher 2003. We are running into an issue where Publisher cannot display imported CS2 EPS files from Illustrator. We have to bring them down to version 8.0 in order to get a screen preview of imported artwork. Any ideas? Pieces of an EPS graphic may appear to be missing on the preview screen in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827303 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Paul S." <Paul S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

How do I get my toolbar back ?
The toolbar for my current project has disappeared from the ResourceView (VS6), when I open the tree for 'ToolBars' it has IDR_MAINFRAME but all that is shown is the icons available (res\Toolbar.bmp). Any idea where's it gone to and how I get it back ? :) -- Flip Did you accidentally delete it? If so you will have to put it in all over again. Check your .rc file to see if any part of this is still in there IDR_TOOLBAR1 BITMAP "res\\toolbar.bmp" IDR_TOOLBAR1 TOOLBAR 16, 15 BEGIN BUTTON ID_for first button BUTTON ID_...

Error "address list cannot be displayed" in Outlook client
Hello, We are using CRM version 4.0 with Outlook 2007. Remote users who are connected see the following message when they click Address Book and try to change from the Global Address List to any Microsoft Dynamics CRM Address List (Contacts, Accounts, Users, any CRM list gives the same messager): "The address list cannot be displayed. The action cannot be completed." I suppose something is missing or incorrect in our configurations. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide. -- Laura Barber We also are having a similar problem, when opening the address book, all co...

embedded image not displayed in the body
Hi We are in the middle of migrating from Lotus Notes to Exchange 2003 SP2. We are running into an issue where embedded image within an email sent from Lotus Notus to Exchange turned into black and white when it arrives at Outlook 2003 client. In addition, when I reply back to the Lotus Notes client the embedded image is stripped. Has anybody see this before? Thank you Kevin Yes I have. It has to do with the mime type and the conversion process within Notes. It is just a fact of life and as far as I can tell there is not a fix. Nue "kmonkey" <kmonkey@discussions.micros...

Get External Data Macro
I need a macro that does the following: Inserts a new worksheet Names the worksheet Sheet1 (or any other name) Prompts for Get External Data (allowing the user to find the file) Is there any way to do this? Or at least the last 2 parts? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393385 ...

GET PIVOT DATA
Just upgarded Excel version. In my previous version I had no trouble adding cells displayed in the PT. Assuming I have cell A,B&C inside the PT In D I just sum (+AI+B1+CI) However the upgraded version does not allow me to do this. Instead It starts with +GETPIVOTDAT(cell). This is too long and I also have trouble copying down because it seems to be hard coded only to D1. Cell D2, D3 etc will show same formula as D1. Tried to look up in Help but does not show how I can "disable" this and use back the earlier formula. This can be done but I have to manually type in t...

How to get first grandparent attribute not nodeset?
Hi, I'm using this... //Role[@UserName='kburke'][not(@finish)]/../../@Name but it returns more than one result. I need the FIRST grandparent @Name returned. I've tried: //Role[@UserName='kburke'][not(@finish)]/../../item[1]/@Name and variations of last() but haven't gotten it yet. Thanks, Kit *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** K B wrote: > I'm using this... > > //Role[@UserName='kburke'][not(@finish)]/../../@Name > > but it returns more than one result. I need the FIRST grandparent @Name > retu...

Debt planner GET STARTED button does nothing (Money 2004 deluxe)
I'm using Money 2004 deluxe. When I access the Debt Reduction Planner, the "Get Started" button is shown and enabled. However when I click it, nothing happens. No error message, no next page - nothing. Please advise. Thanks! I have exactly the same problem. On two different computers! Tell me, are you running Windows XP Service Pack 2 RC2? Running the release candidate of SP2 is the only "unusual" thing about the setup of these two computers. I have tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling it on both systems, to no avail. There is another anomalous ...

Why am I getting duplicate categories on my calendar?
Subject Location Start End Recurrence Pattern Categories Brian's Birthday Wed 9/21/2011 12:00 AM Thu 9/22/2011 12:00 AM Birthdays, Birthday How was the appointment created? Do you have two categories, one for Birthday and one for Bithdays ? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEA...

Item Number & Description Field Length
Hi All, We're considering whether or not to purchase Great Plains, and I wanted to know what the field lengths were for the following fields: Item Number Item Description Item Short Name Item Generic Description Thanks! Item Number 30 Item Description 50 Item Short Name 15 Item Generic Description 10 -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "jonlehman" wrote: > Hi All, > > We're considering whether or not to purchase Great Plains, and I wanted to > know what the field lengths were for the following fields: >...

Outlook 2007 not displaying appts for current month
In Month view, for the current month (Jan 2010), Outlook 2007 is not showing my appts. On days there is at least 1 appt. it only shows a triangle which usuallly indicates that there is at least 2 appts for a date. If I click on the triangle in one of the days of the month it displays the appt in Day view but if I then click on Month view, it just shows the triangles again. If I do Print Preview, for the current month the appts are displayed. Some of the previous months in Month view are displaying appointments, and if there are multiple appts for the day there is the triangle...

Reimbursable checkmark field in transaction form
Microsoft Money 2004 Small Business I updated yesterday to Money 2004. In the transaction form is a checkmark field <Reimbursable>. It is disabled. I can't find anything about this in Help or the User's Guide. What can I use this for? How can I activate it? Thanks Henrik ...

I get duplicate emails downloaded. How can I stop this?
I have outlook 2002 and I get duplicate emails downloaded. How can I stop this? Provide a lot more info about your account setup. It can be many things. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "bharatbpatel" <bharatbpatel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1EBFBB72-FA7B-40CA-AD0D-91EA8A542A20@microsoft.com... >I have outlook 2002 and I get duplicate emails downloaded. How can I stop >this? ...

VERIFY REPORT Question
Hi, Ive a question about reports. I appreciate that to enable you to filter on custom fields from standard crm reports you need to verify the database. Now, does this mean that every time i add in a new column to crm i have to go through and verify each of my reports?? Thanks ! that is correct. until you do this each report will not know about the new field -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Jo Hughes" <email.johughes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120558923.595980.19740@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Ive a question ...

Coding to Display Images on a Form
I currently have a table that stores Image Paths of an item (not the images themselves) and use a Image control on a Form to display the image. Using some very helpful examples on image display, I used the following code to determine the location of the DB, the image paths, and how to display the images in the control. i.e., Option Compare Database Option Explicit Dim filename As String, pathname As String Dim db As DAO.Database Private Sub Form_Activate() 'find the path of the current database 'which is where the jpegs are stored Set db = CurrentDb filen...

How can i get my e-mail
Hi there, problem is this, when i m joing my computer to the new domain, i lost all e-mail in outlook 2000. how can i get them from old domain.I can rejoin the old domain.Can any body help, it will be greatly appriciated. Syed When you join the new domain it creates a new SID for you. Thus, you are essentially logging on as a different, new user. Your email is stored as a .pst file. You need to check your settings in your old domain to find out where your .pst file was being stored. (You can do this by joining the old domain, opening outlook, and going to Tools-Options-MailSetup-D...

business unit description field
Hi! I see there is a "description" attribute in "business unit" entity. but we could not edit the form for "business unit". Does anyone know how to add this "description" field to the form? Thanks! ...

Big numbers get rounded ...?
Hello, why does it happen that, when I enter in a cell a number like: 38 685 626 227 668 133 590 601 792, in the cell it immediately appears as: 38 685 626 227 668 100 000 000 000? I tried formatting the cells (General, Number), but nothing prevents this behaviour. Why is that and how can I get rid of it? Thank you. Type a single quote (apostrophe) prior to typing the digits. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200776 Preformat the cell as Text, then do the data entry or starty your data with an apostrophe '38 685 .... Mac wrote: > > Hello, > why does it happen that, w...

How do i get the total for a column on a sub form?
Hello everyone, i am really new to access, in fact i just downloaded a template today! I've set about trying to adapt it to my needs and... even if i do say so myself, i've done brilliantly. There is a sub form in one of the forms and although it has taken me all night, i have managed to get the columns from left to right to calculate as i want them to but now what i need is the last column to add itself up and put a total in another box, outside of the subform. Ive created the text box but i just can not work out what the sum needs to be. Can anyone help? i'd be very very g...