help!

Version: 2008

Ok, bear with me, i'm new to to apple family so i dont kno how to work this yet, but i'm on here trying to make a resume but its in a forgein lanuage and thus cant fill it out....is there any way for me to change it to english???

BiGGaVeLLi@officeformac.com wrote:

> Version: 2008
>
> Ok, bear with me, i'm new to to apple family so i dont kno how to work
> this yet, but i'm on here trying to make a resume but its in a forgein
> lanuage and thus cant fill it out....is there any way for me to change it
> to english???

Mac or PC, you still need to be clear in what you're asking. You're trying
to make a resume (how?) but it's in a foreign language? This doesn't make
sense since one usually writes a resume, presumably in one's native
language. Please explain what you are trying to do so you can get help.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers

Open the document & if it isn't already displayed click the Toolbox button
on the Standard toolbar to display the Toolbox. Click the Reference Tools
button in that palette, then click the bar labeled Translation, specify the
language from & to, then click "Translate this document ". I can't guarantee
a perfect translation, but it should be intelligible.
--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<BiGGaVeLLi@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008
>
> Ok, bear with me, i'm new to to apple family so i dont kno how to work
> this yet, but i'm on here trying to make a resume but its in a forgein
> lanuage and thus cant fill it out....is there any way for me to change it
> to english???

0
CyberTaz
3/20/2008 10:45:27 PM
Welcome to the Mac!

Are you using a resume template? If so, it may have placeholder text in
it, that uses a fake "Latin" language. Just ignore it and type over it.

BiGGaVeLLi@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008
>
> Ok, bear with me, i'm new to to apple family so i dont kno how to work this yet, but i'm on here trying to make a resume but its in a forgein lanuage and thus cant fill it out....is there any way for me to change it to english???

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
3/20/2008 10:50:51 PM
PS.  This looks like a pretty good basic guide for resume writing--aimed
at college students about to graduate:
http://www.trincoll.edu/depts/career/guides/resume.shtml

Daiya Mitchell wrote:
> Welcome to the Mac!
>
> Are you using a resume template? If so, it may have placeholder text
> in it, that uses a fake "Latin" language. Just ignore it and type over
> it.
>
> BiGGaVeLLi@officeformac.com wrote:
>> Version: 2008
>> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
>>
>> Ok, bear with me, i'm new to to apple family so i dont kno how to
>> work this yet, but i'm on here trying to make a resume but its in a
>> forgein lanuage and thus cant fill it out....is there any way for me
>> to change it to english???

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Is there any office program that helps design your own bank checks
I would like to design my own checks (bank checks) Is there any designs (formats) made to help me get started?? You can write checks on deposit receipts, cant see why I cant print my own checks, designed the way I want. Any comments are welcome. I have looked into this too. The major problem is the magnetic striping of account numbers across the bottom of the check. The characters are alpha/numeric and they get read both optically and magnetically by the banking system. The font to do all this is highly copyrighted, and I don't think you will find it on eBay. The printer to produ...

Help
Hi- I am trying to use the "save as" command to save my Publisher 2002 file as an image file (I've tried jpg, tif, gif and bmp) which will be acceptable to an advertisement firm. Unfortunately, they cannot accept MS Publisher files, so I must save it as an image. I have two problems/questions that may actually be the same underlying problem.The first is that when I save the file as one of the image files above, it heavily distorts/blurs some of the fonts to the point that it is unusable. Curiously, in some places the fonts convert fine whereas in other parts of the document the ...

Help about CImage!!!
I want use CImage, so I include atlimage.h and compile, I got following error: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio ..NET\Vc7\atlmfc\include\atltrace.h(53): error C2833: 'operator DWORD_PTR' is not a recognized operator or type error C2833: 'operator DWORD_PTR' is not a recognized operator or type What's happen? and how to solve it? Thank you help! Hi Bruce, I cannot repro the problem, but it sounds like your header files aren't set up properly. Somewhere or another DWORD_PTR isn't getting defined (based on the error message). DWORD_PTR is defined in the ...

Reminders Fail on Messages Sorted to Favorite Folder -- HELP
I've got favorite folders and rules created so incoming and outgoing mail sorts itself into folders to help me keep track. However, I've found that any incoming message in one of these folders for which I set up an alert/reminder -- will fail to notify me with a reminder. Alerts set on messages in the inbox work no problem -- it's only the alert failure on messages sorted to a specific box that fail. Any help with this GREATLY appreciated! Paul <lindy_ngo_spam_corp@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I've got favorite folders and rules created so incoming and outgoing &...

Help creating items
I need to create these items: Luggage Set : They come 1 small- 1 medium- 1 large on every set. I need to order set and sell either sets or pieces. I tried setting the set as a parent and the pieces as childs but I am having problem with the inventory. When I order a set the qty for small-medium-large should increase 1 for each one, when I sell a set, qty for small-medium-large should decrease 1 for each one If I sell a medium luggage the qty for that piece should decrease, not the qty for the set. I do not need to reorder by piece, only by sets. Can somebody help me on this matter?? Fab...

Help with DDE
Hey All, i am using excel 2007, i am not an expert at all with coding. i am trying to capture DDE stock feed and record every change in the price cell into a growing column. so assume the DDE link will be placed at cell A1 and i am trying to get the Excel recording every change into say Colume C which will grow. i have already tried several other codes - but with all of them the problem was that when i plugged the DDE-- the code did not work from some reason. hope you can help me with that thank you, ron I think the best solution is to find out why the other Mac...

status validation help
Hello, I need some help coding this one... I have 3 fields in a form Amount, Date, and Status. If the user inputs an Amount then they must enter a "Date" in order for the database to accept a Complete "Status". The Status field has several drop down choices, Open, Pending, Complete, etc. Any help would be greatly appriciated!! Thanks, ~Gabe On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:22:09 -0700, Gabe <Gabe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, I need some help coding this one... > >I have 3 fields in a form Amount, Date, and Status. If the user inpu...

Help needed with Certificates (Digital IDs)
Hi all I am running MS Outlook 2003 and am trying to sign an email which I want to send. I have created my own self-certificate using the programme "EldoS PKI Tools V1.1.26". I have then gone to Outlook's Tools>Options>Security and Imported the "Digital ID (Certificates)" which I had earlier created.I have also set up a "Default Setting" called 'Kirk Cert'. All looks well here. The problem I then get is when I create an email and the press the 'Send' button I get an error dialogue saying: +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ "Invalid ...

Can you access the old-style Help Index using Excel 2003?
I've recently obtained Office 2003 for my work laptop, and to say the least it is getting on my nerves! When I want to access Help, I want a nice little index of terms that I can search against that is intuitive, user-friendly and allows me to have a browse around the subject. Is there anyway of getting this old-style help functionality working within Excel 2003, which so far has produced the least helpful responses of any help system I've come across. Create a short-cut to the internal help file. Should be called something like: XLMAIN10.CHM or XLMAIN11.CHM XLADDIN.CHM fo...

Can't open Microsoft Office-- help!
Not sure why Office decided to suddenly crash on me (it worked fine yesterday) but every time I try to open any office program, I get an error message saying "Microsoft (word, excel, etc) has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Restarting my computer does nothing. To make things worse, i can't find the office CD. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks so much! Hi marissa, Since everything was working OK previously, something has happened to your computer. You don't say what version of Office you are using, but here are som...

Need help formatting rows
Hello everyone, I am using excel 2007 I would like to know how to do the following if possible have column A add column B and put the total in column C and then put the amount of column C in column A of the next row. EX: 1+1=2 in row 1 then automatically have it put 2 in row 2 column A Thanks in advance if anyone can help. Bobby Cell C1: = +A1 + B1 Cell A2: = +C1 -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "bobby02169" wrote: > Hello everyone, > I am using excel 2...

Queries Versus Views
I have written many Access reports I would now like to make available via MS SS RS. Many of my reports rely on queries that relies on 2-3-4 other queries. Nested queries, sub-queries, whatever you want to call them. Often this is because of differences between the ways I need the data (one row, many columns) and the way it is stored (many rows, one column). What is the most efficient way to deal with nested queries, sub- queries, or whatever in MS SS RS? Create views instead of queries? I don't seem to be able to create one data set based on another... Thanks, Patr...

my outlook 2007 did not come with stationary installed.HELP!
Can anyone tell me why my newly purchased, downloaded online outlook 2007 did not come with e-mail stationary? When I go to select it it says, "no themes installed" themes are available only if word is installed and it sounds like you have a hosted exchange provided copy. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH...

HELP!! Charts won't copy across to another worksheet
Help Please. I have a sheet which has all my descriptive stats on it and graphs drawn from this data. There are 100 charts on the sheet. I am trying to copy the whole sheet WITH the CHARTS. Then I shall only have to change some of the formulas to perform other comparisons. My problem is whichever means I sue to copy the sheet the data cells copy. The gaps are there where the charts should be. NO CHARTS. Any advice grateful received. Have you tried making a second copy of the sheet by holding down CTRL and dragging the sheet tab to the right? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx...

Please help me
I have got two funktions with 3 variables. I now need a funktion, that can tell me in witch point the two funktions has the crossingpoint. thank you in advance You can't solve for the variables if you have more variables than functions. Either assume a value for one of the 3 variables, or get another function. HTH Otto "Gialloblu" <Gialloblu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7905FF3-F825-4297-867E-57692B0BCB70@microsoft.com... >I have got two funktions with 3 variables. I now need a funktion, that can > tell me in witch point the two funkti...

HELP: Deleted Items Limit Set to 0 days does not work!
Hi Gurus, I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does not removed from the server immediately. Has anyone come accross this issue? Please advice. Thanks in advance On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:23 +0800, "hanafiah" <hanafiahh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Gurus, > >I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the >Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does >not removed from the server immediat...

i need help please #2
i got this work and i need the fomula to add the total of x that i have in that columm. i need the formula that would add all the x on that cell i really appreciate your help thank you -- marinekiller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ marinekiller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36613 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=563553 =COUNTIF(B2:B100,"x") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "marinekiller" <marinekiller.2b9y9k_1153450210.8551@excelforum-nospam.com...

Help on Dlookup
Hi, I am using the dlookup script in the forms and encountered a complication. Can anyone help on how I can separate lines, i.e. [Address] [postcode] [city] [country] The only thing I get is [Address] [postcode] [city] [country] I can put separators/ text in between but can seem to get it into various lines. Thanks. Rgds Tatt TaTT CHUA wrote: > Hi, > > I am using the dlookup script in the forms and encountered a > complication. > > Can anyone help on how I can separate lines, i.e. > [Address] > [postcode] > [city] > [country] > > The only thing I get...

Event ID: 9646.... HELP!!
Hi, At our company we have exchange 2003 with SP1 on a member server. We are getting this error: Event ID: 9646 Type: Error Source: MSExchangeIS Description: Closing Mapi session "/o=Organization/ou=Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=john" because it exceeded the maximum of 250 objects of type "objMessage". I have looked at the various articles such as: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830829/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830836/en-us But I don’t understand how to resolve the problem. Should I do the following from Article ID:830836 because it says: &qu...

help wanted in updating worksheet automatically
Could you please help us with an excel query. We have an excel file with fields in a random order. The values in these fields have to be picked up and arranged one below the other in a separate area. The values to be picked up always have a fixed cell address. Awaiting reply Elle How about just selecting the range, copy it, paste it to its new location. Then select that new range and do Data|Sort? Madhu wrote: > > Could you please help us with an excel query. > > We have an excel file with fields in a random order. > > The values in these fields have to be pic...

Need help with correct function or input for this problem/scenario
I have a situation where I am creating a borrowing base for a company. (I am going to shorten numbers to make it easier.) There is a $300 loan. Type A loan can borrow up to $300. Type B loan can borrow up to $150. Type C loan can borrow up to $50. I need a formula to input in excel that will give me a borrowing base for type B and C loans. For example, to borrow in type B loans, I have to check 1-what's outstanding on the entire loan. 2-what's outstanding on type B loans. 3-Take those two numbers and figure out what can be advanced under the answer to those questions. (I.E. $2...

Help with newsgroups
my local newsgroup server is broadpark.no and it have stranded. I cant read any news any longer and not send any new posts. Anyone know how to fix it, or any news server that is free? OMG ...

Help working out hourly production rates in spreadsheet please.
Hi all, Stuck on this one now. In my spreadsheet i have 3 columns that contain the following info for my production machines Total shift time (this will usually be 7:45 or 8:30 - formatted in hh:mm format) Downtime per shift (any value upto max shift time - formatted in hh:mm format) Kgs produced. I would like to keep the time in hh:mm format as i do further calculations on these - % downtime, total downtime, total shift hours etc (and also cos it took be ages to figure out how to add up in time and i couldn't believe how simple it was when i figured it out) What i would like to be abl...

HELP!!! OWA error message
My boss is out of town using OWA to check his e-mail. He received a message and did the usual. He right clicks on the message and attempts to add the sender to the "blocked senders list". He then receives the following message, "An error occurred processing your junk e-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on your server. Contact your server administrator." That would be me. I'd appreciate any help here. I don't know of any limits on the junk e-mail list. I plead for a solution. Thank you, Andy Hey Andy, My suggestion would to you wo...

Popups no longer work in Office/Excel help
Has anybody seen an issue with the popups in the Office Help files not working? These are the javascript popups that either show definitions or display windows with more information. I can no longer see any of these popups in any Office help file. When I click on the link nothing happens. I have recently installed Office 2000 service pack 3. Does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks. Tim Do you have a pop up stopper installed? "Tim Zych" <tzych@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eQEoCZHTDHA.1916@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Has anybody seen an issue with the popups ...