HELP with Office 2004 not loading after installing Adobe Acrobat 7.

Hi,

Word, Excel and Powerpoint won�t launch anymore after installing Adobe
Acrobat 7.
I checked on office/startup and the three folders are empty.
All I get is window telling me that app couldn�t launch.. Error
reporting.
Is there a way to fix this? I don�t want to reinstall OSX. I have
uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times to no avail.
Entourage launches fine.

Thanks,

AJ

There are troubleshooting techniques linked from this page, work through
them:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/

see General Troubleshooting and Troubleshooting for Office 2004

If they get to the splash screen and then quit--my guess would be corrupt
fonts, but try repairing permissions and restarting the computer first.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
4/2/2005 8:34:36 PM
Here is what I did..

Deactivated all fonts, ran permissions, restarted and still no go..
Same error...

AJ

In article <BE7441DC.24C90%daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID>, Daiya
Mitchell <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:

> http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/

I need help
I running into a very strange error while trying to rebuid my Access 97 frontend from Source Safe. It just started a couple of days ago and I have not been able to find out what the cause is or how to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The error is output to an error.txt file on rebuld. Below is the error Error encountered at line 74. Expected: 'End'. Found: 0x00. Email me at atsioplakis at qarc dot org Thanks everyone. ...

sembra facile...help
I have a table:COUNT NAME1 ROSSI2 BIANCHI3 BIANCHI4 VERDI5 ROSSII need a report with no name repetition (just the last one)COUNT NAME3 BIANCHI4 VERDI5 ROSSIWhat is the way? Thanks....

Help with reading from XML file...
I'm using the following to pull a string from an XML Log file: Public Sub ReadXMLFile() Dim xmlDoc As New XmlDocument xmlDoc.Load("d:\test.xml") Dim DriveError As String =xmlDoc.SelectSingleNode("/joblog/backup/set/directory/directory/directory/drive_error").InnerText MsgBox(DriveError) End Sub However, the "drive_error" part of the node could be any number of "directory"'s deep depending on where the error occurred during the backup. Is there a wildcard or some other way I could grab the drive_error text regardless of how dee...

URGENT System hanging on boot at "Loading your personal settings"
I'm using XP Pro SP3 with all updates. This started out with OE 6 losing the face of the app. (menu bar shows, and frame - but nothing else) I was unable to shut it down either by using the red X in top right corner, using Alt F4, or right clicking the icon on the task bar and choosing close (or exit?). Using CtrlAltDel showed the program not responding and choosing end now did nothing. The whole system then became totally unresponsive and I had to shut down manually with the power button. When I rebooted, I did a system restore to the last restore point logged. Everyth...

Converting Excel Data to Access in Office 2003
-- How do I analize and convert Excel Data into an Access Data Base. With 2003 in 2000 it was a menu option from the Data Button. Do not see it in Excel 2003 Necesito informacion acerca de la nueva version OFFICE SYSTEM, acerca de que si trae Excel con alguna modificaci�n importante respecto a otras versiones Gracias. "Oscar" <oscarjperez{xxx}@hotmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:B068CBD3-CA1E-4EA4-B442-E88B198138C9@microsoft.com... > > -- > How do I analize and convert Excel Data into an Access Data Base. With 2003 in 2000 it was a menu option from the Data ...

installing office:mac on a network
I'm running a small network and upgraded all the users to OS.X and office v.X (from OS.9 and office 98). However, in only on of the computers on the network I get an error message saying that I exceeded the number of licences although I used different license keys. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 331935 (exactly my problem) recommends installing an update but the problem was not resolved even after the update installation. Can anyone please help, any idea will be highly appreciated. I spent too many hours trying to resolve the issue with no success. Thanks. Make sure you've applied...

Installing Project 98 Upgrade Version
Hi All, A *long* time ago I used Project. The last version I used was Project 98. I purchased the Project 98 Upgrade version to update from a previous that I loaded with floppy diskettes. I'm in need to use Project again and attempted to load Project 98 Upgrade version on my computer. The installation fails because, properly, Project can not find a previous version on my computer. I realize I must upgrade Project 98 but would like not to have to buy the full version (which I had on a very old floppy disk computer and no longer have it). Can you provide advice on how to do ...

Publisher is opening with Adobe EVERY TIME
I have to open publisher by selecting open with.. then choose publisher to get into my publisher program. It automatically tries to open with Adobe. Have you checked your file associations? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3BCF171-0DEC-4DD0-804C-F13680688F1C@microsoft.com... >I have to open publisher by selecting open with.. then choose publisher to > get into my publisher program. It automatically tries to open with Adobe. Right-click any Publisher file, properties, opens with.... change...

Help with IF statement formatting!
Experts- I need a bit of help with a formula on a sales commission spreadsheet. I pay our salesman an additional bonus when they sell equipment at mor than 40% margin. Any $ amount above 40% margin is split between th company and the salesman. A typical sale example: Cost of Equipment - $3000 40% Margin Pricing - $5000 Actual Price Sold - $5500 Actual Sale Margin - 45% So, in this case, the salesman received his commission on the firs $5000 (40% margin pricing), then splits the remaining $500 (from sal price $5500 - 40% Margin Pricing of $5000). Company gets half ($250) salesman gets hal...

Installation Problem
I am installing CRM on a SBS 2003 system. I have been careful, so am surprised to have the following problem. I am at "Add a License Key" on page 139 of Implementation Guide. When starting the Deployment manager, I get "Snap- in failed to initalize". Any ideas?? The only part of the installation so far that might have tricked me was the adding of members to the Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access Group (page 138). I could not add the server name (MMSBSSERVER) or "localsystem", so I added "Local Service" as a member. Ken; usually when you get ...

HELP! My Entourage Calendar Events Are Off By A Day
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3261664043_469456 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Every single one of my calendar events have suddenly shifted by a day. All of the yearly birthday events as well as one time only events, both those in the past and future are now shown in the box on the day earlier (ie if a birthday is on May 26 it is instead shown in box on May 25). When I click on the event, the shows the correct date in the d...

Office 2007 Delivery and Read Email Notisfication
When the sender has set up in their option to have the Delivery and Read notification check and send the email, why isn't both notifications being return to the sender after sending it to the recipient? The email address is correct because the recipient has acknowledge they have the email verbally. As well I know the option for these notifications is set up correctly because I get the delivery report and read report from other recipients. Some I get it from and some I don't. Is there a way I would know for sure if the recipient did receive without asking always. -- ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Great Plains 7.5 Budget
Curently, I we doing Budget in Excel and then import that in to Great Plains 7.5; Excel work is very time consuming and I would like to get it all done in Great Plains. I have been reviewing Budget module in GP and need some help. I was uanable to find a screen where I could enter a budget amount for a department and distribute it to different allocations; the following is a sample Excel Spreadsheet data from the main sheet: Account Description Overhead All Period 1 ...... 544-411000-000000-050-544 OFFICE EXPENSES $35,000 $2,916.67 544-411000-000000-100-544 OFFICE EXPENSES...

Extremely slow open doc missing template
When we open a document with a template \\servername\folder and the server does not exist i e when opening a document attached in an email it takes about 5 minutes to open the document. The problem occours when working in a net work. If we replace the template path with normal.dot the document opens fast. But there are thounsands of documents. If I open the same document in Vista or in Server 2008 R2 I can press ESC to stop Word looking after the template. But it does not work in Windows 7. I am going to try this old solution .. think it is the same problem .. so maybe it ...

RPC over HTTP problem... Please help
I'm trying to setup RPC over HTTP but for the life of me I can't get it to work. Environment Exchange on non DC win 2003 SP1 DC and GC on win 2000 SP4 I have follows all the instructions to the letter in the following articles. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124876(EXCHG.65).aspx http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Implementing-RPC-over-HTTPS-single-Exchange-Server-2003-environment.html http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/ISA-Firewall-Publishing-OWA-RPC-HTTP-Single-IP-Address-Part1.html I've also followed all the troubleshooting suggestions. Yet I ca...

Opening Money Application--Internet Explorer 5 vs. IE 7
I am running Money 2001 on my XP and have never had a problem with it. I have not upgraded since I am about to purchase a new CPU and feel it would be a waste. Two weeks ago the program stopped opening and I got the message "Money 2001 requires some components of IE 5 to function properly. Please reinstall Internet Explorer 5 so these components can be added." My computer gets automatic updates and I did go to the update page but didn't really see anything that had been download. I really need some help on this. Thank you. ...

HELP!! in FTP Sessions, how to refresh directory listing?
HELP!! in FTP Sessions, how to refresh directory listing? I read a document about FTP Sessions in MSDN. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa384180.aspx In the document, if you upload a file to FTP server, delete or rename a file on FTP server, you need to remember to refresh directory listing. In the sample source code there is just a comment: // Remember to refresh directory listing. But how to do it in C++? Just send a LIST ftp command or use FtpFileFinder to enumerate the files on FTP server? Laurence Local directory listing or remote directory listing? For remote, you as...

Money 2004 Budget
I have been using Money 2004 for several months with no problems. Today I received the error message "A file needed to run planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem reinstall Money and then reopen Money." Well I followed instructions. Same problem. Removed Money completely and then installed. Same problem. Deleted and reinstall budget data. Same problem. Check Support Knowledge Database. Nothing there. Check Product support. Nothing. What is the explanation for this problem and how do I solve it? There is a fix for this at http://www.mvps.org/money/faq.htm -- ...

Gift Certificates #7
I have a question that is probably more of a workflow related question. We have an implementation of RMS that is configured to issue gift certificates and vouchers. My question is how they get counted from a sales perspective. Lets say you have a gift certificate for a $100. A customer comes in to redeem that gift certificate for a $100 item. I would expect total sales for both transactions to be $100, however, RMS shows that the total is $200. If anyone could validate if this is correct and the general phylosphy around it, that would be great. Thanks in advance .... I'm no expert, ...

Outlook only opens the 1st splash screen, never loads
I have tried every thing including reloading office, i can open the .pst file from another computer and it is fine. Any ideas??? Lynn Try renaming/deleting the file named outcmd.dat. (Note: This file is located in a hidden/system directory. Do not forget to configure Windows Explorer and/or the search option(s) accordingly.) "Lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52b801c47414$4cb2ca10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have tried every thing including reloading office, i can > open the .pst file from another computer and it is fine. > Any ideas?...

Outlook will not launch after installing latest MS patch
I'm running Windows XP Pro. Received MS Auto update notification to install lastest security upgrades which I do religiously and did this time. Rebooted, clicked on outlook 2002 icon, got "hourglass" for a few seconds then nothing. Outlook did not launch. Rebooted - same thing. Any ideas would be greatly apreciated! Thanks! Does Outlook start in safe mode? (outlook.exe /safe) if the answer is yes, try renaming the file named outcmd.dat. "topcorner" <topcorner@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:031201c369d7$69a67e70$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I'm runn...

Need help with Multi-workbook COUNTIF formula!!
I have monthly worksheets that use drop down boxes to pick criteria from lists. The linked cell outputs a number based on what the chosen criteria was in the drop down box. Currently I use this outputted number on a summary sheet with a COUNTIF formula ie COUNTIF(Sept!$R$3:$R$200,2) to summarize monthly info. I would like to generate yearly info instead without having to generate monthly totals first. Is there a formula that can use both ranges - Jan:Dec and $R$3:$R$200 - with the criteria of the linked cell ie. 2? ...

HELP: How To Turn Off Generation of Secondary SMTP Addresses
Hello, I've got an exchange setup that receives mail on domain-a.com (primary SMTP) and domain-b.com, domain-c.com etc... This works fine, apart from, for every new user/mailbox, it assigned the user the primary address and all the secondary addresses. I'd like to have it so that only the primary address is created, and the secondary address are not. As only a handful of users need/should have secondary SMTP addresses, so it's easier to add them manually as needed. However, i can't see how i turn off generation of the secondary addresses, without breaking the reciving...

Installation Problems SQL 2005
I keep getting the following Error when installling CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition "Service mssearch was not found on computer 'SERVER1'. The specified service does not exist as an installed service" I have the Microsoft Full-Text Engine for SQL Server Service Installed and running. Can anyone help? Are you runndng your domain on a Windows Small Business Server? -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 "jl815" wrote: > I keep getting the following Error when installling CRM 3.0 Small Business > Edition "Service mssearch was not found on com...