Help! Trying to upgrade without the old CD

Version: 2008

Hi - Please help.

I've been through several cross-country moves and three different laptops since I bought Office X a few years ago.

I have the Office:mac v x welcome booklet, which has my Product Key and my ID #. I am pretty sure I registered it in my name at the time, but not 100% certain.

So I bought the upgrade yesterday and can't install it because this is a different laptop. No Office loaded on this machine. The laptop with Office died a horrible death about 2 years ago. I can't find my original CD with Office on it.

I *may* have it somewhere on an old system back up but I don't love the idea of pulling a 6 or 7 year old application and putting them onto this nice clean machine just so I can replace it.

Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thank you so much.

You have several possible options:

1- If you can "borrow" a Mac Office disk (any version other than 2008) you
can simply place the disk in the drive & point to it when prompted during
the installation - you need not actually install the older version. As long
as you use *your* key to complete the installation of 2008 this is perfectly
acceptable. The down-side is that if you ever have to reinstall Office
you'll be in the same pickle you're in now :-) So...

2- You can contact MS Customer Service & request a replacement disk:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302822

3- Check the web for a good deal on any version of Office prior to 2008 -
just make sure you're getting a Full version, not an upgrade package.

4- See if the vendor will permit you to exchange the 2008 upgrade for the
full version (obviously at a higher price).

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 7/15/08 12:10 AM, in article 59b54332.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"electric_boogaloo@officeformac.com" <electric_boogaloo@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> Version: 2008
>
> Hi - Please help.
>
> I've been through several cross-country moves and three different laptops
> since I bought Office X a few years ago.
>
> I have the Office:mac v x welcome booklet, which has my Product Key and my ID
> #. I am pretty sure I registered it in my name at the time, but not 100%
> certain.
>
> So I bought the upgrade yesterday and can't install it because this is a
> different laptop. No Office loaded on this machine. The laptop with Office
> died a horrible death about 2 years ago. I can't find my original CD with
> Office on it.
>
> I *may* have it somewhere on an old system back up but I don't love the idea
> of pulling a 6 or 7 year old application and putting them onto this nice clean
> machine just so I can replace it.
>
> Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thank you so much.

Inventory reconciliation gone wrong.. help???
Hi, Have a real serious problem.... was doing a inventory reconciliation when great plains crashed.. not whenever you try to get into any transaction entry window the error, 'cannot post while inventory quantities are being altered' and we cannot enter any documents.. Is there any way we can resume the inventory reconciliation or stop it?? Cheers ...

Help with a template
I had a Quotation template that I was using to help my husband with his small business. I cannot find the template and when I try to open it up on my system to see other quotes or estimates I have done for him, it is a blank screen. Help, please. Tell me what I am doing wrong or how I can redownload another template. Thanks for any help. I don't know what you are doing wrong. Maybe you could download another template using the method you used to download the last one. Templates are not difficult to create (File>Save As>Template); you could create your own. -- Greeting from the Gulf...

Help with hierarchy in organization charts
I am trying to create a basic org chart for my organization. I am having difficulty representing people at different levels that report to the same person. For example, a manager and a director might report to a partner. I want the manager to appear lower on the chart than the director, but want a direct line to the partner above both people. I realize I can manually lower the manager, but when I use the re-layout function the manager is elevated back to the level of the director. Any ideas? This was easy to accomplish in OrgPlus and I assume there must be a way in Visio as well. Thanks!...

Help #7
I have Pub 2000 at work and Pub 2002/3 at home and I saved my file at home in 2000 format and brought it to work to print on 11x17 and I have lost my formatting related to tab settings and it now tells me that this is a web page and tabs don't work. I did not save it as a web page can I somehow convert it back to a Pub format so my tabs work? It is an 8 page program. Don't know why it would turn into a web page... Did you copy the publication to the local hard drive before opening it? This article may give you insight into the tab issue. Custom tabs that you previously set in Publ...

Help needed for a simple spreadsheet
I use MS office 2000, using excell to calculate costings, i would lik to simplyfy the way i use the spreadsheet to calculate costs but canno find out how to set up a basic database which will automatically link t the spreadsheet, any help would be gratefully appreciated. Using a simple 5 column spreadsheet i would like to set it up a follows. Column A - enter simple item code (upto 10 digits) which wil auto-complete after 3 digits and allow scrolling through similar code until the correct item is found, column C would then automatically b entered with the full item description and column D...

Excel 2003 Upgrade
If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality of Excel, or just an upgraded Works spreadsheet program? I went to the Microsoft site, and it states that Works Suite 2004 qualifies for Excel 2003 upgrade eligibility, but I am not really sure what that means. Thanks. Steve ...

ALT+F8 macro list without showing "Personal.xlsm!" for every macro?
Is there a setting somewhere that will allow me to call up my list of macros with ALT+F8 and _not_ have "Personal.xlsm!" show in fornt of every one of them? It would make things just a bit easier if I could call up the list and begin typing the macro name and have the list find it for me. Ed ...

Corel Quattro file Coversion Help
I am attempting to convert multiple large linked Corel Quatro spreadsheets to Excel. Does any one know of a converter? I have tried using Microsofts pubilshed converter for Excel 2000. However everytime I attempt to open a Quattro .wb3 file with the converter it locks excel up. Any ideas????? ...

desparately need help
i installed the camera icon on the QAT last week and experimented with it. got the message "The picture is too large and will be truncated". Now i get that message on every file and every time a enter something in a cell. i have removed the camera icon and have re-booted but am still having trouble. thanks in advance -- aprilshowers ...

Need help with collection serialization
Can some Please tell me why the following collection is not XML Serializable: Imports System.Xml Imports System.Runtime.Serialization Namespace MyNamespace <Serializable()> Public Class SpecialResult Private m_SpecialID As Integer Private m_Description As String Private m_Adjustment As Decimal Public Property SpecialID() As Integer Get Return m_SpecialID End Get Set(ByVal Value As Integer) m_SpecialID = Value End Set End Property Public Property Description(...

Help on tracking email
Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward to my local account. So what is wrong with it? Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy You can Forward emails/activities from within CRM. It may be possible someone is forwarding these to you. "Cindy" wrote: > Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another > email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward > to my local account. So what is wrong with it? > Any ideas...

Upgrade GP 10 and Citrix terminal server
We upgraded SQL Server to Windows Server 2003. Now I read that a Terminal Services Server has to have Windows Server 2003 as well. Is this only if the TS is used as the server? We have GP installed as a client and all the outside users connect to it (Citrix 4.0). If this is so, then I have to delay my upgrade another 2 weeks :( What about client workstations? Can they run Gp 10 if they only have office 2000? I know some new reports go to Excel, and that is probably why it says Office XP, 2003 or 2007 is required. Can anyone please respond ASAP? Our VAR is out of the office today, and I...

A pal needs help on this site
A pal needs help on this site greetings fellow newsgroupers. I recently found a site called Microsoft Forums. In a very short time I became very known to the site and its an excellent tool. This guy who runs it is good too but needs a helping hand. Please do me a favor and check it out at http://www.msforums.org/ Categories are like Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Gaming, Servers, Developer and so on. Thanks to everyone. MDO Pro -- I go to Microsoft Forums, do you? http://www.msforums.org/ ...

Help needed with mail returned as possible spam
We have about 10 computers using Bellsouth DSL service, with Bellsouth hosting our domain. Our Outlook clients are set up for POP3/SMTP using mail.ourdomain.com. A few days ago, we began having email problems, especially when we try to send emails to each other. The returned emails say they are being rejected by the mailserver as possible spam. One of the returned emails said "Host blacklisted in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.swh.bellsouth.net." It then identified our public IP address. However, that IP address does not show as blacklisted on the spamhaus.org website. I rectifie...

Need help merging two Worksheet_Change modules #2
Thanks Dave, this is almost exactly what I want! The only thing I nee in the module now is that when they try to delete a validated cell an the INVALID appears, I want the cursor to return to that cell to forc them to select from the list - at the moment they can continue leavin INVALID as the value. Perhaps a message box telling them what the have done wrong would also be useful? Thanks in advance Fuzz -- fuzzyfrea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fuzzyfreak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1465 View thi...

ESM 2003 Help Crash
Using any of the help screens in ESM 2003 causes ESM to crash. This is apparently a conflict with Exchange 2003 SP2 and IE7. Here's an article about it: http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid43_gci1233854,00.html Is there a fix, or is Microsoft planning fix? This is underway. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldman http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman "Dave B" <daveb@atgnet.com> wrote in message news:%23Jg6weoLHHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using any of the help screens in ESM 2003 cau...

Help #29
Here is my issue, I am going to try and explain this clear as possible, so please bare with me. How do I do a sumproduct for this?? This is all set up by team on the sheet I am working off of. Here is the example by column team name:employee name:total number of forms;average score I have a cover sheet that has each team listed and I need to have an overall average score for that team. The average needs to be weighted against the total number of forms. How can I return the overall avg score for that team on my cover sheet?? I hope this make sense?? Thanks ...

Corporate Upgrade to Office 2007 SP2
Currently: Office 2003 SP3 applications on XP 2002 SP2 Upgrade to Office 2007 SP2 suite We are planning a corporate upgrade from 2003 apps to 2007 suite for 100,000+ users globally. My question is what are the known issues with this upgrade, whether they are server issues, application issues, functionality issues, etc. I have cross-posted this to the usual applications as well as windows.upgrade and office.misc so I can capture all users of these applications as well as the network people. I am aware of the usual new 2007 user interface issues but are there any problems we can head off at...

how do i retreive email from old computer
i have setup a new desktop, been in use for approx 2 weeks. i copied the pst file from my old computer to this one but there are still some emails on the old computer that do not show on the new. there are also two sets of personal folders on the old computer. can i go to the old computer and combine the emails/folders? can i then copy and paste the pst file to the new computer without more duplication of folders, contacts and calendar appts? tia You can just copy the other PST (possibly an archive PST) to your new machine then open it using the File menu > Open > Outlook Data File ...

Running an old version of Microsoft Money on Windows 98
I have an old disk which came with my original computer running windows 95. I would like to download Microsoft Money from the support disk to my current computer with windows 98. When I load the disk into my E drive, I get an error message that file VBRUN300.dill cannot be found. I downloaded VBRUN300.exe from the MSN download site, the disk still will not run and I get the same message. Any suggestions? You can't just "download," you must "install" or "setup." It is entirely possible that the support CD that came with your Win95 computer WAS NOT DE...

Date Parameter
How do I setup a parameter in a query for start and end dates on a bithday field based on just the month and day of the birthday field? Example Birthdates: 01/01/06; 02/01/06, 01/31/05, 06/01/69 If user imputs range as start date of 01/01/90 and end date of 01/31/2007, I need to return records with birthday of 01/01/06 and 01/31/05 regardless of year. On Tue, 8 May 2007 11:13:17 -0700, dh1069 wrote: > How do I setup a parameter in a query for start and end dates on a bithday > field based on just the month and day of the birthday field? > > Example Birthdates: 01/01/06; 02...

An old problem revisited
Last week I upgraded from 32-bit WinVista to 64-bit Win7, requiring a clean install. When I reinstalled and launched Money Plus, I got the message to update to SP1 and the old problem of that update never completing, even after disabling all security measures or using safe boot mode. So I replaced my Money Plus program folder with the one from my image of the WinVista installation. Now when I open Money I do have version . . . 1415, but I'm also still getting the the reminder window urging me to update. Does anyone know how I get rid of that? ...

Regretting my upgrade from QS2000 to RMS...why I hate M$
I have used Quicksell 2000 for over 6 years and had no complaints. After six years of sales, items, etc., my Access DB couldn't take it any longer and crashed again. I called the MS Support(less) and was told QS2000 support was officially over and they could not repair my DB, as they have done a few times since they bought QS2000. Fine, I will upgrade to the latest/"greatest" so that I am up with the times and also can pay for support when/if I need it. I have a 3 lane dongle, but only use 1 lane, and was told I HAD to upgrade to an equivilent dongle...fine...sell me t...

Access 2000 Date Count Help
Morning all, I have field that contains dates. I need to add up each time a visit is made. Easy enough. In a query, I run the date count and all works great. However, I need to filter out if the date of the last visit and next visit are within 2 days of themselves. Example. They might visit a customer on the November 21. They didn't complete the work. They will not return on the 22nd, because it's a Holiday, so they will return on the 23rd to finish up. I need to count that span of time as 1 visit, not 2. Any thoughts, suggestions? Thanks If the data you are storing is only...

HELP with Macros
hi, I need some help with recording a macro but every time I try to recor the macro in the personal macro workbook, I get a pop stating that th personal workbook needs to be opened in the start up folder in order t record, but I don't know how to open it. I would appreciate an suggestions. Thanks, Call -- call ----------------------------------------------------------------------- calli's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3756 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57194 save the personal.xls at C:\program file...