Help! Lost everything after moving a folder

Your help, please. I started my G4 PowerBook (OS 10.3.2) and when
Entourage opened, all of my messages and addresses were gone. It was a
"fresh" startup.

I recall moving some Microsoft folder on my hard drive into the Office
X folder before this happened. I don't remember the name of the
folder.

Is my information gone for good? Or can I somehow retrieve it?

Thanks.

You need to move the "Microsoft User Data" folder back to your user's
documents folder (HD/Users/<Your User>/Documents).  That's where Entourage
searches for the active identity.  When you move it back to where it belongs
and re-launch Entourage, your data should appear.  If it does not, you
probably need to go to Entourage -> Switch Identity and reselect your
identity.

On 1/2/04 12:46 PM, in article
a640a3cf.0401021046.36f9591b@posting.google.com, "Dean Leutscher"

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

On 1/2/04 10:46 AM, in article
a640a3cf.0401021046.36f9591b@posting.google.com, "Dean Leutscher"
<dleutscher@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Your help, please. I started my G4 PowerBook (OS 10.3.2) and when
> Entourage opened, all of my messages and addresses were gone. It was a
> "fresh" startup.
>
> I recall moving some Microsoft folder on my hard drive into the Office
> X folder before this happened. I don't remember the name of the
> folder.
>
> Is my information gone for good? Or can I somehow retrieve it?

It sounds like you moved your Microsoft User Data folder out of your
Documents folder. Entourage would have created a new default one when it
couldn't find it. All you need to do is move the Identity back.

Entourage expects the folder to be in your Documents folder.  For OS X
users, that's the Documents folder in your User's folder.

Open Entourage,
create a new identity and name it something unique so you can do a search on
it and it will be the only thing that shows up.

Now do a search in the
Finder for this new identity. This will tell you where Entourage is looking
for Identities.

Fix if you have more than one Microsoft User Data Folder...

Move the
identity folder you want to use to the Office Identities folder that
Entourage is recognizing. Your identity is named "Main" by default. Be sure
to rename one so you do not overwrite.

Switch Identities to view your mail. If you have not used the new identity,
delete it. If you have used it and want to combine the new mail with your
original database, just drag each folder to the desktop. this creates an
MBOX file. Switch identities. Drag the MBOX files into the folder window of
Entourage.

Remember keep a backup of all data before deleting.
--
Diane Ross
Mac MVP

0
dross3171 (39)

if cell is text move left one column

Retrieve Lost Email

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Offline Folders #5
I am trying to get an outlook client setup so that it automatically opens offline without prompting the user. Does anyone know if this is possible, if so how to do it. Thanks Phil pearson In the properties of the e-mail account (Tools, Options, Mail Setup, E-mail Accounts, View or Change existing e- mail accounts) if this is an Exchange e-mail account, highlight it and hit Change, then More Settings. Select Manually Control Connection State, then select Work Offline and Use Dialup Networking. This should give you the desired effect. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying ...

Lost Outlook contacts
I recently backed up my hard drive on DVD, then also kept the entire contents to another HD. I then reformated my C; drive, and reinstalled all of my programs. When I searched for my outlook info, I could only find backups I had specifically made for export (These are .PST files). Where was Outlook storing all of this information before, and have I lost it all? I hadn't made a backup for a few months, but all of the info was there each time I opened the program. HELP! I recently had to reinstall my OS and drivers on a new hard drive. I have access to my old drive and my data is ...

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Mail enabled public folders / spam
Hello, For each of my users inbox I have exchange mark mail with the SCL and move anything over my threshold into their junk mail folder. This works pretty well and eliminates nearly all of the spam we get. I have not thus far managed to work out how to get this working for mail enabled public folders. How can I set this up (perhaps nominating anotehr folder as the 'junk mail' folder) or something similar? TIA, Nick ...

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

Moving Exchange #5

Outlook 2003

Help With Margin Formula

GETPIVOTDATA data_field help

Remade Folders, Now Old Email Gone
I created a couple new profiles so I could separate my work and personal emails when I work from home. At the end of the process, when prompted by Outlook to remake my folders, I foolishly remade my folders. Now, all my old emails which were in my Inbox have gone missing. I searched for pab and pst files but they are not to be found. Any ideas will be most appreciated. Geoff You didn't even post your Outlook version or operating system. How are we supposed to help? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Geoff Robinson" <geoffr2@aol.com> wrote in message news:978b35e2.0406091...

Help!!!!
I am running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 sp6a. Norton Anti- virus deleted my edb.log file. I have done an on-line restore with Arcserve 2000 and now my directory service won't start. getting 1166 internal processing error. I have been to support and could find anything that helped. Thanks in advance You may want to run eseutil /mh <drive and path to your dir.edb and include the dir.edb > c:\edb.dmp. Find this file and see if your dir is also inconsistent. If so you will need to restore your dir. -- Nan Bennett (MSFT) Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail...

insufficient privilege to control the folder
Hello, Has anyone seen anything like this before? A short time ago my Outlook INBOX suddenly became empty. I had clicked on an email to delete it. When I attempted to delete it said that I had insufficient privilege to control the folder. Then all emails disappeared. Email still comes in but I can't find all the other email I had in my INBOX in the deleted items or any other folder. Thanks, Dan ...

Public folder and subfolders
Is there a way to have public folder client permissions propogate to subfolders either automatically or manually? I have several public folders I am making for different departments. I would like to give the individual departments access to the public folder and it's subfolders by using exchange 2003's mail enabled security groups. Example: Accounting Calendar Tasks Contacts The way it is working now I need to setup the subfolders permissions separately from the main folder if I created them before applying permissions to the main folder. the pfdavadmin tool is great for p...

Bank One Download is not working

help #2

problem opening up program/file

"Freeze panes" settings lost after opening file in two windows
I'm using Excel 2003. I've got a big Excel file with multiple tabs. Many of them use "freeze panes" to keep headings in place. I needed to flip back and forth between multiple tabs, so I opened the file in a second windows. Now, when I save it, all the "freeze pane" settings are lost. Any suggestions? Thanks. That Freeze panes setting is assocated with a window. Maybe you're not looking at the correct window or maybe you closed the window that had freeze panes applied. I'd try: Window|Arrange|horizontal to see if you still have multiple windows assoc...