Help - I can't open any of my Office Application

Hi...

I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and
realized none of my Office applications work.

When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the
circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't
opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a
deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12.

I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for
me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on
Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong.

Do any of you have any idea what could be wrong and how I could fix?
Apple support won't help me cause it's software related and I'm so
useless with installing deleting software in Mac. I really appreciate
any help, advice you can give me.

Thanks a lot,
Isabella

I'll assume a newish Mac is running OS X.

There are a lot of troubleshooting suggestions at this link, but based on
your comments, I would start with Remove and Reinstall, about halfway down
the page.
http://word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/TroubleshootingIndex.htm
(hit refresh a few times in Safari, or use a different browser)

DM

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Excel 97 VBA Help File

Clients can open each other's mailboxs
I have exchange 2003. All my clients can access each others mailboxes. When I look at the mailbox right I see the everyone group with full access. I am unable to remove it because it is inheriting permissions. Where can I change this? What is weird is that my administrator account use to be able to open everyone's mailbox and now it can not. have you looked at permissions at the top level of the Exchange Organization? Looks like maybe they've been set there...also check the "security" tab for "send as" right... "Paul" <pkernicky@swca.net> wr...

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Help, I cannot Save!

open two different Access reports

Help Required

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

opening a .docx with word 2004

Freeze Excel Spreadsheet till template open first then spreadsheet
Hi, When I export the data from Access 2002 to excel spreadsheet after select excel templates. I couldn't open the spreadsheet until i open the template and then closed the template. I open the spreadsheet where i get the data from Access 2002. It works. Here is the area that I have trouble with. 'Hide warnings on the spreadsheet ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = False 'Save the workbook ExcellApplication.ActiveWorkbook.Save 'Turn spreadsheet warnings back on ExcellApplication.DisplayAlerts = True 'Make it visible ExcellApplication.V...

Need HELP! for Linking data

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...