Get help in Office newsgroup....again

(Note the Office newsgroup messages from the Mactopia forum interface have
not been showing up for users that use a newsreader. This problem happened
around Sept 24. Your questions are not being ignored. We just can't see
them.)

Ask your questions using Entourage's newsreader.
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/support_options/subnews.html>)

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

diane7495 (1195)

Hi Diane -

I appreciate what you're hoping to do & applaud the effort but I'm afraid it
appears you're wasting you're time. Those who would benefit from the
explanation aren't seeing it - it seems that Mactopia/WebCrossings is no
more effective at receiving new posts via NNTP than it is at replicating
*to* NNTP. Neither of you messages are showing up in the Office Forum :-(

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/1/09 6:43 PM, in article
C5829511.350FB%diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org, "Diane Ross"
<diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote:

> (Note the Office newsgroup messages from the Mactopia forum interface have
> not been showing up for users that use a newsreader. This problem happened
> around Sept 24. Your questions are not being ignored. We just can't see
> them.)
>
> Ask your questions using Entourage's newsreader.
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/support_options/subnews.html>)

They are showing up in Google and mackb.com pages.

--
Diane

"Bob Jones" wrote:

> Hi Diane -
>
> I appreciate what you're hoping to do & applaud the effort but I'm afraid it
> appears you're wasting you're time. Those who would benefit from the
> explanation aren't seeing it - it seems that Mactopia/WebCrossings is no
> more effective at receiving new posts via NNTP than it is at replicating
> *to* NNTP. Neither of you messages are showing up in the Office Forum :-(
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 1/1/09 6:43 PM, in article
> C5829511.350FB%diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org, "Diane Ross"
> <diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote:
>
>> (Note the Office newsgroup messages from the Mactopia forum interface have
>> not been showing up for users that use a newsreader. This problem happened
>> around Sept 24. Your questions are not being ignored. We just can't see
>> them.)
>>
>> Ask your questions using Entourage's newsreader.
>> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/support_options/subnews.html>)

0
diane7495 (1195)
1/2/2009 3:49:35 AM
Yeah, but new messages posted from sources other than Mactopia *are* being
replicated via NNTP, so those folks using Google Groups, etc. are getting
replies. It's just the poor folks posting directly through the Mactopia web
interface who aren't getting responses but neither are they getting the
posts to other groups either.

IOW, the people who need the explanation aren't getting it & those who are
getting it don't need it :-) Just trying to save you some keystrokes :-)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/1/09 10:49 PM, in article
C582CECF.35153%diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org, "Diane Ross"

"Bob Jones" wrote:

> IOW, the people who need the explanation aren't getting it & those who are
> getting it don't need it :-) Just trying to save you some keystrokes :-)

Gotcha! Let's hope MS gets it act together and fixes the problem.

Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)
1/2/2009 8:29:47 PM
This has gone beyond pathetic, but we're powerless on this end :-(

It had occurred to me to put an announcement like yours in the Forum itself,
but I doubt anyone would even see it... I may still  give it a try.

BTW - Happy New Year :-)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/2/09 3:29 PM, in article
C583B93B.351B8%diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org, "Diane Ross"
<diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote:

> "Bob Jones" wrote:
>
>> IOW, the people who need the explanation aren't getting it & those who are
>> getting it don't need it :-) Just trying to save you some keystrokes :-)
>
> Gotcha! Let's hope MS gets it act together and fixes the problem.
>
> Diane

Removing characters from cell
Hope someone can help me with this one.... I have text in column "A" a list of parts like the following..... ...nhg1234 ..nhg1235.54 nhg3456 ....nhg1253.7 Is thier anyway of removing the dots in front the part number? I dont want the points moving after the the main part of the number. Please help TiA mag()() Do you part numbers all start with nhg? If yes, you could select column A edit|Replace what: .n with: n replace all And keep hitting the replace all button until all are fixed. "Mag()()" wrote: > > Hope someone can help me with this one.... >...

Office 2007 conversion to office 97 toolbars
I have Office 2007 on two laptops and i hate the new tool bars. Is there a converter to get the Office 97 tools bars to display? Try this link for an Add-On: <http://dw.com.com/redir?edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3000-18483_4-10637184&ontId=18483_4&spi=ca8ce47486251af8383c1da88963710e&lop=link&tag=tdw_dltext&ltype=dl_elite_dlnow&pid=11110773&mfgId=6254316&merId=6254316&pguid=m6kYFwoPjAIAADLhMj0AAABs&destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.cnet.com%2F3001-18483_4-10637184.html%3Fspi%3Dca8ce47486251af8383c1da88963710e> OR <http://download.cnet.com/...

Problems installing Office 2004
I used a trial version of Office 2004 in my MacBook until it expired. I few days ago I bought I licensed Office 2004 - Student and teacher edition and tried to install it in the MacBook. I deleted the previous version by dragging all Office folder to trash. I inserted the CD but could not install using the installer since it did not appear active, so I copied the whole Office folder to the Applications. After this I tried to open an Office application, but no one opened. I tried to remove Office using the removal tool but that also did not open. Any suggestions of what should I do? ASPer...

Junk Mail and Detect and Repair wont work in Office 2003
I am trying to update the Outlook Junk Mail filters, KB914454 it wont let me in Office 2003 it continually shows the shield icon saying I have an update to complete when I do it fails, tried to repair, that fails too, should I try install even tho my software or CD is Office 2003 and I have SP2 on the computer already or is there a registry fix, do I really need Junk Mail, how can I stop this update from happening, I use AVG and it works fine ...

Replying to Individual in Newsgroup using Outlook, with O.E. as NG reader
I'm using Outlook 2000 sp1 for E-mailing. It's set-up to use Outlook Express 6 as the newsgroup reader (whilst calling itself Outlook Newsreader). I recently wanted to reply to an individual in a thread. Everything seemed to go okay until I checked the 'Sent Items' of Outlook. There was an E-mail to the individual, but none of the text that I'd included was there, only the original newsgroup message. Does anybody know what's going on, how to fix it, or has anybody got any suggestions ? Thanks in Advance Duncan Anderson O/S = Win X/P home sp1 I think this happens be...

External Link-help!
Hi there, I am trying to get rid of an external link to my excel spreadsheet that I created. When I email the excel file to a coworker, the file asks to update links. But, I want to get rid of all the links so that when others open it, the message will not come up. Under the Edit menu, the Links option is not highlighted. Somehow, the external link got embedded into the file, and I need a solution to delete it out. My job is depending on this resolution! Thanks, Tina I could really use some help! Try Bill Manville's addin. It'll find those pesky ones. Findlink.zip ...

!!HELP!! OWA ans Outlook do not synch
OK so I rebuilt my SBS 2003 server and used Exmerge to exmerge all my users mailboxes out. Successfully exmerged them back into Exchange. Had to recreate new profiles on the users workstations but all appears to be good. One slight problem. For my external users who use Citrix and log onto the Citrix server desktop they cannot use Outlook there. I do have a case open with Microsoft regarding this issue however my immediate issue to resolve is why I can log on as a user here in the office, open Outlook and all their mail is there. However when I use OWA the mailbox is incomplete. Does no...

forgot password?please help
I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS tsger@aol.com wrote: > I FORGOT MY PASSWORD ON MY MICROSOFT MONEY 2000 BUSINESS - > PERSONAL I TRYED EVERY NAME AND NUMBER FOR 2 DAYS That's got to be VERY FRUSTRATING! Not only that, but your CAPS LOCK KEY is stuck! I'm sorry for you! ...

cannot download updates for office mac 2004 student/teacher edition
Hello, I have not been able to download office updates for my 2004 version of Office Mac student/teacher since 2005/2006 at home. I first had it on my iBook G4 and received updates no problem until late 2005 early 2006. Then I could only get the updates when I used the open internet connection at the Apple store or another open connection not in my house. When I bought my new iMac G5 and installed the second of three licenses on this computer, I could not get updates for this one either. However, my friend, who is using the third license, had no problem getting the updates for his Macbook...

getting sql report 2005 web service to work
The error I am getting in sql reporting service 2005 is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on t...

getting a single line from a file
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to read a single line from a text file. I tried using getline, but my MFC program does not recognize the getline function. Nor does it recognize <string> or <string.h> or using namespace std. So is there another function that I can use in MFC? Roger Take a look at the CStdioFile MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "R.H." <roger.huggins@intermec.com> wrote in message news:e98o6IMmDHA.1764@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I was wondering if someone could tell me ho...

need a bit of help.....
I have generated a form that shows money amounts. yet i want two colums that separates the dollar amount from cents. I have for example colum *H* as the dollar amount and colum *I* as the cent amounts. Now i have tried Format Cell to set it up but it doesnt work. for example i tried the custom format for the dollar amount and it rounds it. and if there's an amount of 1108.83 the cell will show 1109. so it does not show the true value amount. i also tried the same approach with the =RIGHT(H1,2) but with the left and Mid but still didnt work, because i would have to enter the same amount o...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

MSP 2007 resources help
Hi all, Three questions: 1. What the constraint A<B,C means and how can I entering in the MSP? 2. I have 3 kinds of human resources. Lets say for example, kind A are engineers. I have 8 of them and everyone is costing 1500 Euros/month. Task A needs 4 engineers. How can I assign them to the task and add the appropriate cost? 3. I have 3 machines as a resource. Each machine has a usage cost of 3000 euros per task and function cost 2400 euros per month. How can I assign them in the appropriate tasks? And how can I distribute their cost? Thank you in advance -- - Hello...

Link Help!!!
hi, How can I add or remove link from “My Work” under workplace, like Calendar or Reports...? And where the file sitelog.xml?? thnx, ...

problems printing from MS Office Picture Manager
Operating System is Vista. When running MS Office Picture Manager (Office 2007) drop down option pulls up other printers (which work and MS XPS doc writer or install new printer. Install printer works up to and including print test page which prints normally. Like I said it pulls up the other printers and works with everything but MS office picture manager. Is there a way to associate the printer with MSOPM Have you tried right-clicking on any picture and then selecting "open with" method? This would allow you to associate all pictures to open in MSOPM when you cli...

Using Microsoft Map in Office XP
How can I add the add-in Microsoft Map to work in Office XP? Thank you for looking. John John MS Map not available with versions 2002 and 2003. MS Map Point is now the application used. Costs about $250.00 US. An alternate is to use MapInfo product(which was the Excel 97 and 2000 product). Very costly at minimum $595.00 US just for upgrade. http://www.mapinfo.com/location/integration But............found this tidbit on the net thanks to Debra Dalgleish. Mystery of the Missing Map Tool: If you believe Microsoft, the Excel Map tool is permanently out of action in Offi...

News: Mac BU sweetens Office 2008 upgrade deal (Updated)
Microsoft has modified its special offer for potential Mac Office users. Those who are just dying for a copy of Office now but are waiting for the January release of Office 2008 can now buy any version of Office 2004 for Mac and upgrade to 2008 Special Media Edition for the cost of shipping. That's $6.99 in the US or $10 in Canada-I guess Microsoft hasn't heard yet that the US dollar is valued below the Canadian dollar now. But how is this different from the previous offer? In September, the "free" upgrade to 2008 was for an equivalent version of Office. So, for exampl...

get sql server schema to xml?
Hello, How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to convert the entire schema into an xml file. thanks in advance. You can use a DataReader's GetSchemaTable method "suzy" <suzy@spam.com> wrote in message news:ckNyb.372$nL5.173@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hello, > > How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to > convert the entire schema into an xml file. > > thanks in advance. > > Oops, sorry for not posting the link... you can do it with the Connection Object as well... here's a ...

trendline HELP!
I have a chart that i am making of PPMs for the year of 2006. I have jan-may in the data series and the rest are left blank. I am trying to get a trendline in where it will stop at whatever month I am at but update when a new month's data is entered into the box. However, I cannot figure out how to do this, when I do have a trend line it goes to like -4000. can anyone help me please? Make a dynamic chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...

Help what kind of formula?
I've used Excel formulas in a basic way (sums, averages, divisions, and multiplication of cell data) for about a year. I came across this formula today for a project I need to complete. I've never seen the "SUMIF" or the dollar symbol, OR the ampersand! After hilighting the formula to see if I could just figure it out, I'm stumped. Any chance someone could explain what function these symbols serve Here is the formula =SUMIF($D$3:$D$28,"="&$C38,H$3:H$28) :confused: -- Emil0 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emil...

Four New KBs Issued on Updating Office 2003 SP1 Aug 18, 2004 (from Sloan Crayton?--Thanks)
*Recent KBs that May Help with the Epidemic or Pandemic of Office 2003 Installation Problems* You cannot update your Office 2003 program to Service Pack 1 (August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;884298 Description of numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in Office 2003 (August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=832672 Frequently asked questions about the local install source feature in Office 2003(August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=830168 How to troubleshoot an update installation by using log file...

Was this post helpful to you?
Hi gang, Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post helpful to you? " In a case where I posted a question and received numerous helpful responses, which collectively provided the final solution, do I select Yes for each response that was helpful, or just select Yes on the very last post when the topic has ended? Thanks Peter On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:44:01 -0700, Petermgr <Petermgr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi gang, > >Just curious about the Yes, No selection on the question, "Was this post >helpful to you? "...

Need help from fellow Admin about Mailbox sizes
I need a little help from some fellow Admins that have successfully created some policies about mailbox limits. Currently I am fighting the small company mentality in a growing company. We have about 150-200 mailboxes and I am looking for some suggestions on at what size is a good idea to start the warning messages, then stop send and then stop all traffic. I have some users that are getting to the 2GB size. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance. There is no standard or best practice for quota settings except that you should set a limit, even if a high one, for "Prohibi...