Galician, Catalonian and Basque proofing tools

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

In a conference about Office 2008 I asked about these proofing tools and they told me they would be included in the spanish version of Office 2008.

I bought Office 2008 and installed it but Galician, Catalonian and Basque proofing tools are not included. I also checked optional installs but they are not included.

Did they lie to me? If they didn't, how can I get that proofing tools?
If they lie to me, is there any way to use Windows Office 2003/2007 dictionaries in Office 2008?

Thank you.
0
david5000 (2)

<david5000@officeformac.com> wrote:

> In a conference about Office 2008 I asked about these proofing tools and
> they told me they would be included in the spanish version of Office
> 2008.

Currently you can find Snanish spelling (but no grammar).
The files that are installed are named:
SpanishHyphenation.proofingtool
SpanishSpeller.proofingtool
SpanishThesaurus.proofingtool

> I bought Office 2008 and installed it but Galician, Catalonian and
> Basque proofing tools are not included. I also checked optional installs
> but they are not included.

They are not and there aren't any eveidence that they might coming any
time soon.

> Did they lie to me? If they didn't, how can I get that proofing tools?
> If they lie to me, is there any way to use Windows Office 2003/2007
> dictionaries in Office 2008?

Maybe they made a mistake. Maybe they confused it with the WIndows
version of Office.
Unfortunately, you cannot use the Windows proofing tools in the Mac
version.

The best you can do is to find some spelling dictionaries online and use
them as a Custom Dictionary in Office.
ASpell has a lot (but they need to be compiled first before you can edit
them and paste them in a Word custom dictionary)

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)
<david5000@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I tried using the custom dictionary. I think I followed the steps well.
> Created the dictionary, pasted the word lists (more or les 50000, one
> per line), saved, checked it, selected the language and then activated
> again spelling check and deactivated check from principal dictionary
> only but it's still not working. It was working but then it stopped.

If it stopped, it might be because you got a corruption. Open the
dictionary in Word again, make a slight modification (add a space then
remove it) then save again.
In most cases it clears up the corruption.

Corentin

--
          --- Office:Mac MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

Exchange All Tools
Hi! I have been trying to find/guess/read when and which application I would to use :) Unfortunately many of them have not got description but the best description is your experience i think. Do you use some of them? When? Have you ever used some of them? When? Why? Which is the most frequenlty use tool? ------------------ app list -------------- AddRootCert Agents ArchiveSink AUTDTroubleShooter Authrest BadMailAdmin BindingCleanup Ccma Data Collector Disable CertCheck Email Journaling Advanced Configuration Err Exarcfg ExBPA Exchsync Exdeploy ExIpSecurity Exmerge ExProfre GUIDGEN JetStre...

Publisher 98 has WordArt Frame Tool. Can 2003 have same?
Until recently I have been using Publisher 98 and like the facility of the WordArt Frame Tool. When you open the box there are 14 tools available at the top of the page. These include a Best Fit Option, Shading, Shadow & Border. This layout meets my needs very well. I am now using Publisher 2003 and all I can do is click on the WordArt icon which takes me to the WordArt Gallery. Is it possible to formulate the WordArt Frame Tool facility in Publisher 2003? Your help would be gratefully received. There is a compatibility tool for using the old WordArt. You use it by insert, object,...

Where is the Highlight tool in Publisher 2007
I need help because i cant find the highlight text tool on publisher 2007 or powerpoint 2007 and i dont know why i really need it to make my brouchure look smart and professional. Where is it cause i cant find it and i have looked in all the usual spaces. please help There is no highlight tool in Publisher. A workaround, create a rectangle, fill with your choice of color, give it about a 75% transparency, no line. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "spongebran" <spongebran@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

What tool to use to customise the look of portal server?
Hi all I usually use Front page to create a website / web page. Now I just install Portal Server 2003 and wish to customise the look and feel of the site. It look me ages to manage to have the search works (re-install the system about 5 times!) Now I want to customise the look but I am not sure whether using front page is the way to do as I saw some posts which some people mentioned the malfunctions of the search after using Frontpage to customise their page. My questions are 1. Is this the case? 2. If so what could be the alternative package to use to customise the page in Portal Server? ...

Exchange System Management tools #2
I have the Exchange 2003 system managemnt tools installed. I was was wondering if I needed to install sp1, sp2 for exchange 2003 since I have the exchange tools even though I do not have the server itelf on this computer. Yes, if you have sp1 installed on Exchange you should install sp1 on your workstation. Without it, you could risk corrupting your DB. Clayton "George Schneider" <georgedschneider@news.postalias> wrote in message news:834F0976-1AE6-45C4-8268-BBD53EFBDC00@microsoft.com... >I have the Exchange 2003 system managemnt tools installed. I was was > ...

Tools/Options/Calculation/Auto Problem
Whenever I start a blank spreadsheet or a cvs spreadsheet in Excel2000 the calculation mode is always manual. I always have to go to Tools/Options/Calculation and click on the Automatics box. If I start Excel/2000, it comes up with a blank spreadsheet called book1.xls I've tried saving the blank book1.xls in the windows/applications data/microsoft/excel directory as book1.xls with the Automatic box checked. But after I save the book1.xls in that directory and close Excel, when I start Excel again it comes up with a blank spreadsheet called book1.xls but the calculation mode is set to M...

Test SPAM IMF tool
I have Exchange 2003 setup in a test VLAN. I would like to test how the IMF works is there any tools to generate a lot of boges e-mail messages. Thanks Just use your real email address in this newsgroup. You will get lots of junk. TS Maida wrote: > I have Exchange 2003 setup in a test VLAN. I would like > to test how the IMF works is there any tools to generate > a lot of boges e-mail messages. Thanks Tamira Smithson <tsmith@rsff.com> wrote: >Just use your real email address in this newsgroup. You will get lots of >junk. Ummm . . . better to use an address yo...

Tools --> Monitoring and Status --> Status
Can anyone tell me why the status for some of my Exchange Servers is incorrect? I have one server status saying it is in Maintenance mode when it isn't. I have a mixture of Exchange 2000 and 2003 and multiple admin groups not that it should matter. Can we have a screen shot of it? Regards, Fareed Mohammed Khan MCTPK User Group "1BigMess" <1BigMess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA4EEBCB-4FE9-4F12-B040-67A67B87D0C9@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me why the status for some of my Exchange Servers is > incorrect? I have one server status sayin...

OT: Recommendations for localization companies and tools
I have a client who has a small C++ app that uses standard Windows resources (e.g. dialogs, stringtables) and has these separated into resource-only DLL's. We need to translate these resources into several languages. Furthermore, the client has a previous version of the app that was partially translated. We need to identify the strings that have been changed/added since the last version and only translate those. Can anyone recommend a good company for this? Is Acclaro any good? I don't believe money is an object, so I am leaning towards the full-service company. However, an...

Advanced analysis tool in Excel
I have hundred of customers and 5 staff working on 3 types of product. I am going to put the customers into 5 groups and each staff responsible for one group. Considering the workload of each staff should be similar to each other and try to keep them specialized in product. Any analysis tool in excel can help? Pivot Table Customer Product A Product B Product C Total IBM 345 25 14 384 3M 23 23 Dell 456 67 523 HP 187 90 277 ...

Support for additioal CRM 3.0 tools (DMF, GP Conn.) in CRM-SP 3.0
We have found that many of the additional tools that are sold/positioned as inherent features of Dynamics CRM 3.0 do not work with and are not supported/roadmapped for the Dynamics CRM 3.0 Service Provider edition. The CRM-GP integration connector and the CRM Data Migration Framework are two examples. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mic...

Tool monitorizar Queue
Boas, Procuro uma pequena tool que me alerte quando uma queue de mail tem mais de XX mail's para entregar. Existe? Qual ? Obg Fatias "fatias" <fatias@hotpop.com> wrote in news:u6aQoeygFHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Boas, > Procuro uma pequena tool que me alerte quando uma queue de mail tem > mais de XX mail's para entregar. > Existe? Qual ? Hello, A troca tem algum constru�do na monitora��o que o alertar� se uma fila crescer demasiado. Eu sugeriria olh�-la. Voc� pode ter a sorte melhor em seu grupo espec�fico da l�ngua. Considera��o, -- Arlo...

is Turkish proof supported by office 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop hi, <br> I've tasted office 2008 in my mac and it is powerful. But, as being an editor, I really really need Turkish proofing support but as I can see I think there is no any support for that.(At least I couldn't find any in my trail version) <br><br>I had sent a feedback about that but I wanted to know any information about this issue. will MS support it or not? if so, when. Or maybe full version support it? If it is possible to know I will be glad. <br><br...

No 'Services' option on Tools menu
Using Outlook 2000. Trying to configure an add-in address book. Directions are to go to Tools | Services. However, I don't have a Services option. Checked & I am setup as an IMO. Any ideas would be great. What address book service? Most likely it won't work with IMO because IMO doesn't support MAPI. You can always switch if you want. For information on choosing a mail support mode or changing to the other mail support mode, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Berkshire" <raburn@yahoo.com> wrote...

Localization tool : Beta testers wanted
Hi All, I am currently writing a localization tool for Visual C++ applications: appTranslator. Thanks to appTranslator, translating/localizing your Win32 and MFC applications becomes very easy. The purpose of appTranslator is to eliminate all the tedious housekeeping work usually implied by the localization process and provide an easy-to-use user interface. The features include a WYSIWYG translation-oriented resource editor, easy tracking of items yet to be translated, management of translations of the successive versions of your app,... I'm looking for beta testers. I posted a n...

Tools/Options/Charts-Active cells is dimmed. Want to select leave
I tried using #N/A in equation IF(B7=0,#N/A,B7) as to not show zeros in chart, but still showed zeros. When I went to Tools/Options/Charts, the Active Cells area was dimmed and I could not select "leave gaps". Any suggestions? Thanks, Hi, Was the chart selected when you did Tools>Options ? Cheers Andy teds wrote: > I tried using #N/A in equation IF(B7=0,#N/A,B7) as to not show zeros in > chart, but still showed zeros. When I went to Tools/Options/Charts, the > Active Cells area was dimmed and I could not select "leave gaps". Any > suggestions? &...

Automatic switching between the line/arrow tool and the pointer
Up until recently, my OneNote was set up so that whenever I selected the line tool or arrow tool, and drew a line or arrow, OneNote would then automatically switch back to the default pointer so I could go back to typing or resizing objects. It doesn't do that anymore - when I draw a line or arrow, the line/arrow tool stays selected, and I have to go and click the "Type Text or Select Objects" button to go back to the pointer. I must have changed some setting, but I can't work out what or where it is. Can anyone help? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- ...

C360 tool
how do are integrate c360 with MS CRM -- donn Follow the instruction from c360 "Donald" <basebo@gmail.co.za> wrote in message news:39D16073-4D37-4D2A-B869-D89EECB1463A@microsoft.com... > how do are integrate c360 with MS CRM > -- > donn Hi there When you do get it installed, if you want to change the templates provided the C360 documentation that comes with it is of no help - you need to understand how to change mail merge fields etc - so look up in Word help how to format merge fields etc so that you can layout exactly as you want. Once you know how to ...

tool bar in excel
hi, how do I copy a private tool bar to another computer?? thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi If you mean all your toolbar settings? Try this The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it. Do a search for .xlb in windows Copy the file you found (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002) to the other computer. first Rename the .xlb that is on that computer You can also attach your toolbar to a file and save it with the file See the Excel help fo...

Adding Proofing Tools...
I thought I would minimize the garbage that might install while loading office:mac onto my imac. So, of course I made sure to do a custom install and did not install msn messenger or entourage... However, I think I made a mistake when I did not install the proofing tools. I saw that the file was quite large and did not want all the uneeded languages. Yet, now I see spell check is greyed out and cannot be used. When I try to load the installation disk it will not let me get through to the custom install... it tells me I already have a newer version of office 2008. I was able to "ri...

Emergency Tool Kit
I'm an Exchange Admin newbie and I wanted to put together an Exchange Emergency Toolkit to have on hand if my server ever went down. I have a CD copies of Server 2003, Exchange 2003, Service Packs, Antivirus, Anti-SPAM. Can you suggest anything else or suggest a place that I can find a list of needed things? Thanks, Eric good backup of your mail stores, and system stage of your server (-: Worksheet: Disaster Recovery Preparation for Exchange Server 2003 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/drchecklist.mspx Good luck "Eric C." wrote: > I'...

Word
[Set DUH! Shields to 8] I customized my Word toolbar in Office 2001, and now have a "3 line" toolbar. When opening a document (or create new document), the top portion of the document is now under the tool bar. I can't believe I can't figure this out!!!! (Ah -- humbling lesson -- I'll take it ;-) I've read the help, made new defaults, made the height of the toolbar as small as it can be ... yada yada yada. I know I can blow up the tool bar, or dock it to the side ... but, what am I missing??? ;-) Many thanks!!!!!! -Lake [Set DUH! Shields to Nor...

Publisher drawing tools #2
When I use the publisher drawing tools to make a drawing inside a picture frame, the drawing is nice an crisp while I am inside the picture frame, but becomes very distorted when I go outside the frame. Any Ideas? David Brown After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David Brown <david30@cox.net>... > When I use the publisher drawing tools to make a drawing > inside a picture frame, the drawing is nice an crisp while > I am inside the picture frame, but becomes very distorted > when I go outside the frame. Any Ideas? What version of Pub...

auto correct option under proof reading is not available to select
when i go into mail format and select proof reading I can not select any option other than auto correct select text when you type. the other options are grey and not available. i need to put on auto capital etc for emailing What version of Outlook? Was it installed as part of a suite? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO...

Rules Wizard not in Tools menu
The rules wizard does not appear in my Inbox, Tools menu. What to do? What version of Outlook are you using? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "MS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03f001c3b9f6$ca402280$a401280a@phx.gbl... > The rules wizard does not appear in my Inbox, Tools menu. > What to do? Ben: Tnx for your reply. My Outlook is from Office XP. It i...