free office :mac 2008

i'm from philippines and recently bought office:mac 2004 from on of the 
online store in USA. i saw that you can get free upgrade for office:mac 2008. 

anybody who can help me on how can I avail this??
0
ghuerto1 (3)
10/12/2007 12:59:00 AM
mac.office 7017 articles. 0 followers. Follow

9 Replies
517 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 6

The page is a little buggy, but you should find what you want to know here:

<https://om.one.microsoft.com/opa/Validation.aspx?StoreID=a202086b-34db-40a7
-8dea-5a22102c6690&LocaleCode=en-us&JavaScriptOn=no>

HTH |:>) 
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac


On 10/11/07 8:59 PM, in article
EB3538B5-2AEF-4B90-B58A-E3C5B9580D26@microsoft.com, "ghuerto"
<ghuerto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

i'm from philippines and recently bought office:mac 2004 from on of the
online store in USA. i saw that you can get free upgrade for office:mac
2008. 

anybody who can help me on how can I avail this??

0
10/12/2007 1:15:48 AM
hi cybertaz,

i cannot open the link that you gave me. it seems this is not for office 
mac. my concern is how can i get this free office 2008 for mac. because 
according to microsoft you can avail this 2008 if you buy 2004 version. 

but how can this apply to us who purchased 2004 version?? mic rosoft should 
be fair in this promotion. this should apply to all who purchased 2004 
version. 



"CyberTaz" wrote:

> The page is a little buggy, but you should find what you want to know here:
> 
> <https://om.one.microsoft.com/opa/Validation.aspx?StoreID=a202086b-34db-40a7
> -8dea-5a22102c6690&LocaleCode=en-us&JavaScriptOn=no>
> 
> HTH |:>) 
> Bob Jones 
> [MVP] Office:Mac
> 
> 
> On 10/11/07 8:59 PM, in article
> EB3538B5-2AEF-4B90-B58A-E3C5B9580D26@microsoft.com, "ghuerto"
> <ghuerto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> i'm from philippines and recently bought office:mac 2004 from on of the
> online store in USA. i saw that you can get free upgrade for office:mac
> 2008. 
> 
> anybody who can help me on how can I avail this??
> 
> 
0
ghuerto1 (3)
10/12/2007 1:58:00 AM
In article <F9FB6A16-1D74-4D17-ACF7-B39410932466@microsoft.com>,
 ghuerto <ghuerto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> i cannot open the link that you gave me. it seems this is not for office 
> mac. 

If you can't open the link, how do you conclude that it's not for Mac 
Office? That doesn't make any sense...

The link certainly is for Office for Mac. Not sure why you couldn't open 
it unless linewrap caused you to try to access a partial URI.

you could try this link:    http://tinyurl.com/35ap42


> my concern is how can i get this free office 2008 for mac. because 
> according to microsoft you can avail this 2008 if you buy 2004 version. 

That page will tell you exactly what you need to do.

> but how can this apply to us who purchased 2004 version?? mic rosoft should 
> be fair in this promotion. this should apply to all who purchased 2004 
> version. 

There's nothing to indicate that MS is not being fair. Customers who 
purchase Office 2004 between 25 September 2007 and 31 March 2008 will 
get a nearly free copy of Office 2008 (being charged only shipping, 
handling and tax).

Of course, you have plenty of time to send in your receipt - Office 2008 
won't ship until at least January.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/12/2007 3:36:07 AM
Try this one instead - although the other one does work. Like I said though,
that page is a little buggy... And I just noticed that the required field
for Country provides a list that *doesn't* include United States.

http://www.microsoft.com/mac/go/promotions/default.aspx

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 10/11/07 9:58 PM, in article
F9FB6A16-1D74-4D17-ACF7-B39410932466@microsoft.com, "ghuerto"
<ghuerto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

hi cybertaz,

i cannot open the link that you gave me. it seems this is not for office
mac. my concern is how can i get this free office 2008 for mac. because
according to microsoft you can avail this 2008 if you buy 2004 version.

but how can this apply to us who purchased 2004 version?? mic rosoft should
be fair in this promotion. this should apply to all who purchased 2004
version. 



"CyberTaz" wrote:

> The page is a little buggy, but you should find what you want to know here:
> 
> <https://om.one.microsoft.com/opa/Validation.aspx?StoreID=a202086b-34db-40a7
> -8dea-5a22102c6690&LocaleCode=en-us&JavaScriptOn=no>
> 
> HTH |:>) 
> Bob Jones 
> [MVP] Office:Mac
> 
> 
> On 10/11/07 8:59 PM, in article
> EB3538B5-2AEF-4B90-B58A-E3C5B9580D26@microsoft.com, "ghuerto"
> <ghuerto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> 
> i'm from philippines and recently bought office:mac 2004 from on of the
> online store in USA. i saw that you can get free upgrade for office:mac
> 2008. 
> 
> anybody who can help me on how can I avail this??
> 
> 

0
10/12/2007 11:01:01 AM
On Oct 12, 11:36 am, JE McGimpsey <jemcgimp...@mvps.org> wrote:
> In article <F9FB6A16-1D74-4D17-ACF7-B39410932...@microsoft.com>,
>
>  ghuerto <ghue...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > i cannot open the link that you gave me. it seems this is not for office
> > mac.
>
> If you can't open the link, how do you conclude that it's not for Mac
> Office? That doesn't make any sense...
>
> The link certainly is for Office for Mac. Not sure why you couldn't open
> it unless linewrap caused you to try to access a partial URI.
>
> you could try this link:    http://tinyurl.com/35ap42
>
> > my concern is how can i get this free office 2008 for mac. because
> > according to microsoft you can avail this 2008 if you buy 2004 version.
>
> That page will tell you exactly what you need to do.
>
> > but how can this apply to us who purchased 2004 version?? mic rosoft should
> > be fair in this promotion. this should apply to all who purchased 2004
> > version.
>
> There's nothing to indicate that MS is not being fair. Customers who
> purchase Office 2004 between 25 September 2007 and 31 March 2008 will
> get a nearly free copy of Office 2008 (being charged only shipping,
> handling and tax).
>
> Of course, you have plenty of time to send in your receipt - Office 2008
> won't ship until at least January.

got the link you indicated but the problem is that the country which
I'm with is not listed on the pull down menu per country.

0
10/14/2007 2:35:12 AM
On Oct 12, 11:36 am, JE McGimpsey <jemcgimp...@mvps.org> wrote:
> In article <F9FB6A16-1D74-4D17-ACF7-B39410932...@microsoft.com>,
>
>  ghuerto <ghue...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > i cannot open the link that you gave me. it seems this is not for office
> > mac.
>
> If you can't open the link, how do you conclude that it's not for Mac
> Office? That doesn't make any sense...
>
> The link certainly is for Office for Mac. Not sure why you couldn't open
> it unless linewrap caused you to try to access a partial URI.
>
> you could try this link:    http://tinyurl.com/35ap42
>
> > my concern is how can i get this free office 2008 for mac. because
> > according to microsoft you can avail this 2008 if you buy 2004 version.
>
> That page will tell you exactly what you need to do.
>
> > but how can this apply to us who purchased 2004 version?? mic rosoft should
> > be fair in this promotion. this should apply to all who purchased 2004
> > version.
>
> There's nothing to indicate that MS is not being fair. Customers who
> purchase Office 2004 between 25 September 2007 and 31 March 2008 will
> get a nearly free copy of Office 2008 (being charged only shipping,
> handling and tax).
>
> Of course, you have plenty of time to send in your receipt - Office 2008
> won't ship until at least January.


i purchased my office for Mac 2004 last May 2007. i said Microsoft is
unfair because how come they are giving free for purchases made Sept
2007 only just to get this free 2008 version. what about us that
purchased before Sept 2007.


0
10/14/2007 2:39:55 AM
In article <1192329595.567931.258280@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
 ghuerto@gmail.com wrote:

> i purchased my office for Mac 2004 last May 2007. i said Microsoft is
> unfair because how come they are giving free for purchases made Sept
> 2007 only just to get this free 2008 version. what about us that
> purchased before Sept 2007.

Well then, how far back should the free upgrade go? Should I get a free 
copy of Office 2008 because I got XL 1.0 in 1984? How about those who 
got Office 2004 in May 2004?

You're looking at this the wrong way round:

1) You presumably bought Office 2004 in May 2007 because you needed or 
wanted Office enough to purchase it then. If you didn't, you presumably 
would have continued waiting until Office 2008 was released.

2) The Technology Guarantee is little more than a marketing gimmick 
aimed at MS getting people's money *earlier* than they would have 
otherwise. In their wisdom, or more likely, their marketing research, 
they've determined that in the three months or so prior to release of a 
new product, the old product would experience significantly reduced 
sales. By offering the free upgrade, they get the money *now* of those 
who would otherwise have waited, and deliver a product with a marginal 
cost of almost nothing to them.

You haven't been harmed in any way. You got a product you wanted at a 
price you were willing to pay at a time you wanted to pay it.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/14/2007 4:48:16 AM
On Oct 14, 12:48 pm, JE McGimpsey <jemcgimp...@mvps.org> wrote:
> In article <1192329595.567931.258...@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
>
>  ghue...@gmail.com wrote:
> > i purchased my office for Mac 2004 last May 2007. i said Microsoft is
> > unfair because how come they are giving free for purchases made Sept
> > 2007 only just to get this free 2008 version. what about us that
> > purchased before Sept 2007.
>
> Well then, how far back should the free upgrade go? Should I get a free
> copy of Office 2008 because I got XL 1.0 in 1984? How about those who
> got Office 2004 in May 2004?
>
> You're looking at this the wrong way round:
>
> 1) You presumably bought Office 2004 in May 2007 because you needed or
> wanted Office enough to purchase it then. If you didn't, you presumably
> would have continued waiting until Office 2008 was released.
>
> 2) The Technology Guarantee is little more than a marketing gimmick
> aimed at MS getting people's money *earlier* than they would have
> otherwise. In their wisdom, or more likely, their marketing research,
> they've determined that in the three months or so prior to release of a
> new product, the old product would experience significantly reduced
> sales. By offering the free upgrade, they get the money *now* of those
> who would otherwise have waited, and deliver a product with a marginal
> cost of almost nothing to them.
>
> You haven't been harmed in any way. You got a product you wanted at a
> price you were willing to pay at a time you wanted to pay it.

that is your opinion but for me that is still UNFAIR. marketing
gimmick or not it should not be like that. they should not offer free
2008 version at all.

0
10/15/2007 2:09:14 AM
In article <1192414154.934674.207810@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
 kuhlit <ghuerto@gmail.com> wrote:

> that is your opinion but for me that is still UNFAIR. marketing
> gimmick or not it should not be like that. they should not offer free
> 2008 version at all.

Your earlier post seemed to say that *you* should get a free upgrade, 
and this post says that *nobody* should get a free upgrade. Confusing...

Seems like you're making a rather self-centered determination of what is 
fair and what isn't. Just because you can't have something means that 
nobody should be able to? That seems far more unfair to me.

Do you apply the same standards to everything? 

Should a car dealer not be able to discount the price of a 2007 car when 
the 2008 models come out, just because some customers bought a 2007 car 
at the 2007 price?

Should grocery stores be prevented from having 2 for 1 sales, just 
because some customers paid full price the day before?

And, ultimately, shouldn't MS be able to give away free copies of Office 
2004 when it pre-sells Office 2008 if it wants to?

As you said, it's just my opinion, but I suspect that it's more commonly 
accepted than yours...
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/15/2007 3:01:00 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

SBS 2003
Hi all, The document "Windows Small Business Server 2008 Migrate to Windows Small Business Server 2008 from Windows Small Business Server 2003 " Version: 5 States on page 11 of "Verify the network configuration..." page: "ensure that the IP address on the network adapter that is in the router and that connects to your LAN is set to either 192.169.x.1 or 192.168.x.254, where x is a number from 1 to 254." Does this really mean '0' cannot be used and that the standard 192.168.0.1 - 254 'c' class network is no longer acceptable? Co...

"out of office"
hye everybody, I'm working on Microsoft outlook concerning the option "out of office" (in tools). In internal the option works well but for some reasons when I send a e-mail from an external address like voila, the sender do not receive an automatic reply from me. Have a solution to my problem. thanks in advance bye ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

What is Microsoft Office Basics 2003? And do I need it?
This program contains 4094.00MB. I would like to remove it from my computer. Is it needed? It is used rarely and the last time it was used was 01/28/2006. It is taking up more space than all my other programs. I would like to delete it if it is not necessary to run work or excel. HELP! Microsoft Office suite containing Word, Excel, and Outlook. Only you know if you use/need it but if you delete it, you will no longer have those programs. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Helpless&quo...

Publisher/Office XP cannot open Publisher 2000 files
How can I open Publisher 2000 files whilst using Publisher/XP Office? I get an error message that reads Publisher cannot open files from a different version. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Subhash Bhatia (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || How can I open Publisher 2000 files whilst using || Publisher/XP Office? I get an error message that reads || Publisher cannot open files from a different version. Any || help would be appreciated. Are you running Microsoft Publisher 2002? Are you or the original creator using Norton Antivirus? -- ...

Office H&S 2007 over a trial version
I am trying to install on a Compaq laptop that came bundled with Office 2007. It expired so I bought the student edition. It gives an error when trying to install. The error it gives is real generic:"Setup encountered an error" and that's it. I tried to uninstall what came with the laptop, but that also gives an error when uninstallling. I have came up in safe mode and tried to uninstall, same problem. I have tried the fixit program from MS. It runs and looks like it works, but I can still not install the student edition. Any one have any ideas? thanks. ...

office v. x updates 10.1.6 and or 10.1.9
I was trying to update my office x with the update 10.1.6 and it would allow me to start the update, but then when it was installing the visual basic libraries, it would stop and give me the error "error creating folder" "1008:9,-43 file not found". In addition, when I tried to use the 10.1.9 update, it said that I do not have any qualifying products on my computer. I know that I have office v. x installed, because update 10.1.6 recognized it. I think that this is a folder permission issue, but I do not know which folders I need to change. If at worst, I would like to get e...

Out Of Office Template
Is it possible to change the Out Of Office template in Outlook 2002 to display an alternative subject rather than "Out Of Office Auto Reply" for individual users? I don't believe you can change that, but you could create a rule for all messages to have the server reply using a specific template or reply to all messages (this one is client-only meaning Outlook must remain running while you're gone). -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "...

New to Office 2004 for the Mac (Student & Teacher Edition)
I am interested in knowing a good resource book or CD that can teach me this particular version of Office for my new Mac. Also, I am interested in learning about Microsoft Office Specialist Certification. Which version is recommended I pursue certification in that would position my Microsoft Office knowledge for the today's business environment and future? I am interested in any guidance with the above. Many thanks. On 2/5/07 8:24 PM, in article 1170725040.160941.305960@h3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "thomas_boston@hotmail.com" <thomas_boston@hotmail.com> wrote: > ...

SBS 2003 and Branch Office
Hello to all, Since we have started with SBS a few years ago, we never really had the need, nor the opportunity to set up a remote office with the functionality as follows. So, I would be very grateful if I can get detail the steps needed to accomplish the following: Head Office has: SBS 2003 Premium R2, ISA Installed, 2 NICs and about 25 client PCs, Fixed IP Remote Office has: Server 2003 64bit R2 1 NIC and 32 client PCs, Dynamic IP (Using Dynamic DNS Services) We need: Make server at remote office a DC and remote office users able to see and use shares at head office ...

Out of office reply only working internally
Hi, When I turn on the OOR it works just fine internally but if I send emails from the outside the reply is not going out. I already tried what is suggested in Q297281 but it's still not working. Thanks! Joe ...

Colors gone from my office apps
My hard drive crashed and I re-installed Office 2007 on a new install of XP Pro. All updates to XP and Office are installed. In Word, Excel and Outlook etc... the top of the pages have the traditional blue accross, but the rest of the screen is grey and white. Some colors on the ribbon, bit otherwise very strange looking. I've checked my graphics card and my monitor. All seems fine. My other programs work fine as does my browser. I went into settings and compared line for line with my laptop. Anyone have an idea how i can get this to look like it always has. For what it...

CRM 4 on SBS 2008
Hi, Can MS CRM 4 Workgroup edition be deployed onto a SBS2008 Standard installation? Thanks, Alex Hi Alex, I am not sure about SBS2008. Here's what I found on some of the MS materials. Since Windows 2008, it's consider Windows Server Code Name "Longhorn" so I guess it will work. "Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Workgroup. This version is limited to five or fewer users. It can be installed on Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition, any of the supported Windows Server 2003 editions, or Microsoft Windows Server Code Name =93Longhorn.=94 This v...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
sir, my computer os is window7 Ulimate. i have intalled window outlook7. it opened two times. now when ever tried to open i recieve following message. Cantnot start Microsoft Office Outlook, Cannot open the Outlookwindow. The set of folgers cannot opened. The file C:\Users\home\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook1.pst is not a personal folder file please help, any solution to this problem See if this helps: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/...

Office 2007 Error 1335
Please help...I'm trying to install 2007 Office on my daughters new dell computer w/Vista, but I'm getting the above error message???? "Ajax" <Ajax@discussions.microsoft.com> написа в съобщението news:8CBD1FA3-094F-4330-A55D-D5B682E4981B@microsoft.com... > Please help...I'm trying to install 2007 Office on my daughters new dell > computer w/Vista, but I'm getting the above error message???? Make sure you are using the run as command as and administrator "cerber1000" <govedotele@abv.bg> wrote in message news:uxqavdLTIHA.5524@TK2MSFTN...

importing excel and word documents from pc to mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I import all files at one time without having to import files one at a time? On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:19:17 -0800, inc_brc@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I import all files at one time >without having to import files one at a time? If your machines aren't on the same LAN, copy the directory to a RAM drive, to your iPod, or to a network drive, and then copy them from there to your Mac. That's what I do. -- "In no part of th...

Running on low free space
That little monster alert keeps popping up every two minutes when I am on the console. I have gotten it so that I have 161 MB of free space, but when I start to do a virus pattern update with Trend Micro it drops down to about 45 mbytes, and the update craps out with a statement that the update is 80 per cent and the action is uncompleted. What can I do to get more free disk space from this hog. There is 18 Gigs in the system partition and I am at SP1, and not going any further. Can I get rid of all the uninstall points related to KB? There are three log files that are rea...

Windows 2008 Server Kerberos Certificate error ID 29
Hello, I had a Windows 2000 Domain Controller, and translate all AD funtions to a new Windows 2008 server, PDC, GC. All worked fine, but a few days ago I got this error, ID 29, Kerberos-Key-Distribution-Center, not certificate found.... All users can´t access the network shares by the server name, but through the IP we managed to restore the network units. Is there a way to restore the certificate , without regenerate the domain? I ´thank you all in advance for reading, any help will be like a christmas´s gift. More or less... Greetings.. Can you give more detail...

How to transfer Autocorrect from Office X to 2004?
when i installed office 2004, none of my autocorrect entries moved over from office X so i am starting from scratch. how do i get my office X autocorrect entries into office 2004? On 12/18/07 9:33 PM, in article d27726ff-5e3f-4b60-ba4a-3f2ac7bf7340@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "irchamandy" <irchamandy@gmail.com> wrote: > when i installed office 2004, none of my autocorrect entries moved > over from office X so i am starting from scratch. how do i get my > office X autocorrect entries into office 2004? You should be able to drag the files to a text editor to open....

Office 2010 Beta 02-24-10
I have installed 2010 Beta and like it but I no longer can click on a file to open. When I try to associate the program to use none of the office programs show up. Is there a way aroung this? Microsoft Office Diagnostics perhaps, Or select Browse and look for the exe file. thom kamp wrote: > I have installed 2010 Beta and like it but I no longer can click on a file to > open. When I try to associate the program to use none of the office programs > show up. Is there a way aroung this? ...

MS ACCESS for MAC
Does anyone know if there is a MAC equivalent for Microsoft ACCESS? I hooked up my friend's MAC to our work network and it works fine and can access everything fine, but all our inventory/pricing is done on ACCESS.. is there any way a MAC can access and open this type of document? Aa Sorry, Access for Mac doesn't exist. I don't think there is any application that can open and use access files on the Mac, though there may be some that would open and convert them. But that doesn't sound feasible for your situation. Running Windows in a virtual machine might work for you. S...

PPT 2004 image not displaying in PPT 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a PowerPoint slideshow using MS Office 2004. I have several slides that have images what were copied from Excel (using the Copy Picture... option by holding down Shift > Edit >Copy Picture...) then pasted into the PowerPoint file. The images show up great in PPT 2004. When I open the file in 2008 I get the following results: 1) part of the image is displayed but not complete, 2) the image doesn't show up at all. Here is a sample of what the files look like in 2004 vs. 2008 (image doesn't show...

Mac Office 2004
I was wondering with the new release of Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac coming up will one be able to use the new Informational Rights Manageemnet that is included in Office 2003 on Windows? Thanks This month's issue of Macworld magazine indicated that the Information Rights Management features of Office 2003 for Windows would not be supported on the Mac for this release. On 2/7/04 12:14 PM, in article eKB2JZa7DHA.2088@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, "Tom" <tom@bubblingsecrets.net> wrote: > I was wondering with the new release of Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac > coming up wi...

Drop shadow on Drawn Lines 2008
I post in the Acrobat forums at Adobe Forums. I gave suggestion for creating forms using either underscores or Leader Tabs to create Form elements to use in Acrobat Forms Wizard. Name: _____________ Address: _____________ and so on. I've been chastised mercilessly by another contributor That say doing that adds unnecessary Characters. the contributor suggested used Drawing lines. I tried on a Blank page using Drawing line after I found the correct menu. But I found a couple of things wrong. 1. There is no way to control the starting/ending points (does not...

Excel issue (Office XP Pro)
One of my clients has an annoying problem every time she starts Excel. The Windows installer screen flashes and it says "preparing to install" This Window stays on the screen for about 5 seconds and then goes away. The program works fine after that. This only happens with Excel and no other Office application. I have done a re-install of Office as well as a Windows repair, but the problem still exists. Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated. Mike Gallof Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;265194 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frank...

How to create Office Sta 03 from a picture? #2
Just posting one help question, here's the second: Again regarding Creating Stationary for Outlook?! Again, reminding those I'm no "geek" in any respect, wishing one day I was, but it "ain't happened yet"! I depend & reply on those with the knowledge - so someone - please help! ONE TIME I was successful in taking an image, inserting into PAINT, fix'g the way I wanted it to show itself, saving same as an image, with the apparent default being Bitmap, wanting to save as another type - mainly that of Internet Explorer! HOW do I do it? As shared, ...