Formatted Text in Autocorrect, Word 2008 for Mac

Version: 2008
Processor: Power PC

I want to set up an autocorrect entry where I replace something with =formatted= as opposed to =plain= text.

Specifically, I want to replace "qqq" with "QQQQQ" formatted in 14 pt Britannic Bold. However, I cnanot change the signal button from "plain' to "formatted" text. is there a way to do this?
0
kenglade (1)

Type the word you want to use to replace "qqq" and format it inside your
document. Select it, then click on Tools>AutoCorrect. You can now click the
"formatted text" button.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP - Macintosh

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)

e-mail messages have words without spaces between them
I've tried changing the encoding options. some sentences are all squashed together, with no spaces between words. Anyone have a clue as to what I can do? Thanks in advance. Chris >-----Original Message----- >I've tried changing the encoding options. some sentences >are all squashed together, with no spaces between words. >Anyone have a clue as to what I can do? > >Thanks in advance. >Chris >. > whups....Outlook 2002 (standalone), Windows XP Home with SP2 installed. ...

How do I change the default number format in Excel?
I want to know if it is possible to select a different default number format in Excel 2003 so that it will apply automatically when I open a new workbook. Create a new workbook. Change the normal style to what you want. format|style|select normal|click modify change the number format Save this file as book.xlt in your XLStart folder. Excel will use that template file for any new workbook. Be aware that dates are numbers, too and you'll be affecting those. I don't think I'd do this. DJMLLC wrote: > > I want to know if it is possible to select a different default num...

How can I defeat Excel's auto-reformating into date format?
Seems simple enough - I want a cell to contain the value 5-0. I've tried pre-formatting the cell to text before copying, I've tried formatting after pasting - nothing works. As soon as I enter 5-0 Excel converts it to a date. There is no "paste special" feature that works. If this were one cell it might be simple enough, but I want to copy a large table of which this is just one column of several with many rows. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve Hi try pre-formating the cells as 'Text' and use Paste Special - Values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "s...

vertical text box #2
Does anyone know where to find the vertical text box to add to the Objects toolbar in Publisher. Using publisher 2002, operating system is Windows 2000. I looked around briefly and couldn't find any place in Publisher's user interface where you could find the vertical text box to add to the Objects toolbar. The following macro would do the job instead: --- Sub AddVerticalTextBox() CommandBars("Objects").Controls.Add ID:=318 End Sub --- - Chirag Shortcut Manager - Assign keyboard shortcuts to menu items and macros http://officerone.tripod.com/pbsctmgr/pbsctmgr.ht...

Text not displayed in cells.
System: Microsoft Office 2000 SR3 with all Patches installed. We have a problem with many of any Excel Spreadsheets where some cells that have a sizeable amount of text are not displaying all the text, it just cuts off towards the end. If you edit the text it is all there, but when you enter it, it just disappears again. This problems occurs on our spreadsheets where the information is entered manually, and also on spreadsheets where the data is imported from a SQL database. My research on this problem has come up with nothing, and my users are getting impatient as when they print ...

Repeating text in Cells
Can anyone help me with this weird problem. I am running Excel XP with XP prof. I've got a spreadsheet I've been using for years, and just done some rather drastic cut and paste to it. However when I enter text which is roughly less than half the cell width, the text is repeated to fill the remaining space in the cell. It is on both the display and printout. Anyone know what's happened? george.humphriesNOSPAM@btinternet.com Check the cell formatting. The horizontal alignment is probably set to "Fill". -- Vasant "George Humphries" <george.humphri...

how do i make text glow
Just wondering if there was any way to give text in publisher 2007 an outer glow or fuzzyness You need an editing program such as MS Paint. www.getpaint.net is free. It is a step up from Paint. Browse the Office clipart for something. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/FX101321031033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BCady" <BCady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A756C96E-FE9A-4C2B-875C-F74BFAE05E60@microsoft.com... > Just wondering if there was any way to give text in p...

Conditional formatting . . .
Greetings, Is their a way to set conditional formatting to an Shape (Circle Square, Triangle etc) I have Layout of an event drawn out on spread sheet with Tables an chairs (drawn with auto shapes), below the layout I have a check lis with the following headers TABLE and SEAT1, SEAT2, SEAT3, SEAT4, SEAT5 AND SEAT6. Under TABLE is the simply the table number e.g. 1-50 and eac SEAT# has a status e.g. �Vacant�, �Occupied�, �Courtesy�. Is it possible for example that my occupied seats turn red when th text �Occupied� is entered in the check list? Appreciate any help -- Fabl --------------...

Labor & OH Time Format
In the Quick MO routing setup, is the labor and overhead time format hours & minutes or hours and fractions of hours? For example, is something that takes 1 hour 30 mins entered as 1.30 or 1.5? 1.5 hours Comming to Convergence? Visit us in Booth 836. And make plans to attend one great party aboard an ocean going cruise ship. Visit our website for details and to reserve your boarding pass. http://www.AccoladePublications.com -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http:/...

Word 2007 hangs when using VPN
We use Cisco VPN to connect to our company network. When I'm online thru VPN and start Word 2007, Word hangs due to some strange printer issue. If my default printer is network printer, Word hangs. If I change my default printer to e.g. Cute PDF writer, then Word starts ok. Any ideas what is causing this? Other Office programs work fine. On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 05:28:01 -0800, Heikki Salminen <Heikki Salminen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We use Cisco VPN to connect to our company network. When I'm online thru VPN >and start Word 2007, Word hangs due to some...

Copy Color Formats Based On Column Date Values
I currently have this code, where HMLoc is the starting point for a color paste at C6. Instead of having this a constant field, I need it to search for today's date in the cell above it (C5) (The dates are given in the range C5:BO5), and then color accordingly. I have struggled with this all morning and can't get it to work the way I want it. Please help me! Option Explicit Const LegendLoc = "BH3" Const HMLoc = "C6" Const None = 0 Sub ColorHM() Dim theRow As Integer Dim theCol As Integer Dim NumX As Single Dim Color1 As Integer Dim Color2 As Integer Dim Color3 A...

40% Shading & Red font in the text box as the default?
I'm adding pictures in my excel spreadsheet and I want to set up 40% shading with a red font in the text box and have a red double arrow also, but I want this as my default. How do I set these things up as my default? ...

Formating decimal numbers
I have Croatian regional settings with decimal colon instead of decimal point with following format: #.##0,?? for cells. I'd like to avoid decimal colon from displaying when cell contains integer number. ...

Problem with running Office:Mac 2008 Installer
I'm curious about what gets installed by the Office 2008 Special Media Edition installer AFTER it runs the installer script near the end that puts icons of the applications in the Dock. My Office Mac 2008 installer crashed viciously at that point and took out the Finder with it so I had to do a hard restart to get my computer running again. (2.8 GHz Intel iMac, Tiger 10.4.11). I don't want to do a complete re-install of Office 2008 but I'm wondering if anything important might be missing. The applications all seem to work OK. When I installed Office: mac 2008, I got an error messa...

Excel 2000 SP3 printing issue: text is either rotated (each individual letter) or small or not even there
This is regarding Excel 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Professional system. One of my users is having an issue printing from Excel. The document appears to be quite basic, but when she prints it to a color printer (HP CLJ 5500 PS) the letters in the black text are individually rotated 90 degrees, although the string of characters remains horizontal. This does not affect the text that is colored red, only the black text, strangely not all of it, like there is a heading on the chart, and that is fine, but doesn't appear to be any different than the rest of the text. When she prints to a B...

Word 2007; Configuration Process Configuring 2007 when Opened
I just recently installed Office 2007; still using Office 2002 too. Almost every time I start Word 2007, I get a message that says something like 'Configuration Process Configuring Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007'. This only happens when I start Word; other apps are fine. If I double-click a Word doc, I have to wait about 5 minutes (for something to configure), then Word 2007 will launch. Is there some setting that I need to look at? This is pretty annoying. Word 2002 is working just fine. Thanks! Ryan-- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please ...

Problems with report formatting ing SSRS 2005
Hi, I haven't been using SSRS for more than a few months, so please forgive me if these are old questions... but I haven't been able to figure them out for myself as yet. 1) I'm trying to use the Table Property "Header should remain visible while scrolling". However the data rows remain visible through the header as they scroll up behind it. Does anyone know how to stop this? 2) I have several money fields in the detail row of the table, and I want to subtotal them in the group footer. However its not subtotalling, rather its just repeating the am...

Presenter View
Can someone tell me if I'm missing something? I've been experimenting with Presenter View and noticed that the notes loose all their formatting such as Bold, Spacing, Bullets, when in Presenter View. Is there something I can do to correct this or is this by design? Thank you. This is by-design - PowerPoint Presenter View does not support formatted notes. See the following for a workaround: See formatted notes on your laptop while the audience sees the slide show http://officeone.mvps.org/powershow/tips_view_notes_slideshow.html - Chirag Zoom into slides du...

Need to know Formula for Conditional Formatting Rows, by row #
I need to format a range of row by bow #. All I can find online is formulas for odd or even rows. I'm new at this, sorry. But say if I want Rows 1-700 Green, 701-1400 Yellow, and 1401 - 2100 Red. I thought I would use 3 differant conditions in conditional formatting, but what forumulas would I need to put in? -- weirdaljr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ weirdaljr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29542 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492419 One way: CF1: ...

I cannot open Word files for no apparent reason
I can't open files that I've used frequently, recently...then I can't close the blue window! I have to End Task. Possibly it may be the problem below. However, if this doesn't work, please let us know the version of Word and Windows and are they patched fully up to date? Also, are you able to open Word but not the documents? Details were sadly lacking in your post. That's a symptom of a Word Data Key corruption - usually because Word has been running when updates are installed. Run Regedit and expand by double-clicking to the key below. With DATA selecte...

do u know about Excel tool that would convert figures into words
kindly let me know about a tool that converts figures into words in excel How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q140704&; -- Gary's Student "Jagesh" wrote: > kindly let me know about a tool that converts figures into words in excel > See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jagesh" <Jagesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A95E4013-F5BF-46B6-9CBF-9536FA715164@microsoft.com......

Windows 2008 R2 BSOD
Hi all, I've a machine with Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition that is up and running from 3 months. From 5 days the server often (more times in a day) go in bluescreen and reboots. In the event log I only see this error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003, 0xe0872e04, 0xf187f9c4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp. The file is quite large... How can I solve this? On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:41:33 +0200, Andrea Caldarone wrote: > The computer > has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1...

Count of text in cells
I have problem to solve,I have a column with office. The text in the Office cells with be, Office 1@810@NT but I now have a new columm with text in the following format:Test The Cell - Employment cells can contain mutiple values, Test The Cell - Education;Test The Cell - Employment;Test The Cell - Health . These values are separated by a ; NOt only do I need to count each occurance, but I then need to have a count of each one. I can have these values referred to in a cell if that makes it easier. Sorry if I have not been clear Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Ch...

Unknown Bitmap format
Hi, Any help would be much appreciated, and here's my problem: When I double-click toolbar or bitmap, it pops up "Unknown bitmap format",and I can't change toolbar and bitmap at all. Who has an easy way to solve it? Thanks in advance. Already done. Thx. "Cui Sheng" <shengcui@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Op5OkI0JEHA.3924@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Any help would be much appreciated, and here's my problem: > > When I double-click toolbar or bitmap, it pops up "Unknown bitmap > format",and I > can't chang...

Chart based returns id-numbers in labels instead of text
In my main table, there is a normalised column named "Organisation". I have made a query which calculates how many times each organisation is mentioned in the main table. My report contains a pie-chart, based on this query. For some reason, the labels of the chart return the Id-numbers of the organisations from the normalised column, instead of the names of the organisations. What could I have done wrong? You must include the column containing the organization names in the Row Source query of the the chart. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Sietske" wrote:...