Format window reset location

How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to
the default setting.  my professor has moved hers to the edge of the
screen so that you cant really grab it with the mouse.
thanks,

See this page from J.E. McGimpsey for advice:
<http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/formattingpalettegone.html>

On 6/14/06 12:26 AM, in article
1150262807.021241.211750@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com,

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

Re-Format a Word Document
Hello! I have a huge word document, 150 pages +, that is formatted only 9cms wide by approx 14cms high. The print appears to be justified. The document has 15 chapters, headings, sub headings etc. I want to reformat the document to an A4 size page and I am having difficulties… I copied and pasted just chapter 1 to a new document, cleared the formatting and set new margins headers footers… The main problem is that I have to delete “Enters” (apologies if this is not the right expression!) at the end of every single line as they appear in the centre of sentences. Also p...

Display 0's in Accounting format
I use the Accounting format to align numbers and dollar signs. How can I make zero display as the number rather than a dash? -- - markvi _($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* 0.00_);_(@_) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "markvi" <markvi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B30CFB4-7CAE-419B-88F2-73A80DB42C6B@microsoft.com... > I use the Accounting format to align numbers and dollar signs. How can I make > zero display as the number rather than a dash? > -- > - markvi Use this Custom Number Format: _($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* 0??_);_(@_) T...

Receipt Formats
Got me another puzzle I cannot figure out. I bet someone out there has a solution. I want my 40 column receipts to have customer phone #s and to not print "ship to". I can get it to do one or the other, but not both at the same time. Anyone know how I can get my cake and eat it too? You all are great. Microsoft certainly pulled a coup here-- getting you folks to make up for their lack of clarity and documentation. Thanks again Gary >-----Original Message----- >Gary, > >Find one attached. > >-- >* >"Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Protect conditonal formatting
How do I keep someone (including myself) from pasting contents to a cell that, in turn, erases its conditional formatting setup? Thanks! ...

Window position
I am trying to get a window to appear along the bottom of my application window (it's a message window like in the Borland C++ 5 IDE). I override PreCreateWindow yet it still doesn't seem to work. Thanks. BOOL CMessageWnd::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { // TODO: Add your specialized code here and/or call the base class CRect aRect; theApp.m_pMainWnd->GetClientRect(aRect); theApp.m_pMainWnd->ClientToScreen(aRect); cs.cx = aRect.Width(); cs.cy = 170; cs.x = 0; cs.y = aRect.bottom - cs.cy - 25; return CMDIChildWnd::PreCreateWindow(cs); } Master Programmer, ...

windows mobil develop
Hello everybody! Recently I installed visual studio 2008 on Windows Vista SP2 When I try to start my first mobil application I receive a error message say Can not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ProjectTemplatesCache\VisualBasic\SmartDevice\1033\SmartDeviceWindowsApplication.zip\WindowsApplication.vstemplate'. Have Anyone an idea what's the problem is? Thanks a lot, Edwin Windows Vista SP2 VS2008 __________ Informaci�n de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 4975 (20100325) __________ ...

Create windows for XP?2000
Hi, I am new to VC. Can I use CSplitterWnd class to create windows(in explorer style split windows) for use in Win-XP/2000. Please help me. Thanks, Charlie. Yes, you can, it shouldn't be any different from what you did for pre-2000 OSes like 95/98. MSDN documentation outlines the steps you need to take. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "charlie" <cl.lists@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120020013.143365.16450@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I am new to VC. > > Can I use CSplitterWnd cla...

OFFICE 2000 and WINDOWS 7 ... NOT!
My new laptop has 7 and my old version of Office 2000 does not work. Seems like its ok with Word & Excel, but Outlook's phone book can't find a WAB.DLL file. Without a phone book the program is useless. Are there any fixes out there? Patricia Office 2000 is not supported on Windows 7 See the following which applies to Outlook on Win 7 also http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm and http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowled...

File .mkv with WMP 12 in Windows 7
Hi, I can't open files in HD mkv (720p) with Windows Media Player 12 in Windows 7. I installed the latest codec pack (K-Lite Full 5.5.3) it worked in Vista just a week ago and now the same files can't be opened in Windows 7. Strange thing is that it perfectly open .TS file in 1080p.. i can't understand.. Can Someone Help me? Thanks On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 21:21:02 -0800, Francesco <Francesco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can't open files in HD mkv (720p) with Windows Media Player 12 in = Windows 7. > I installed the latest codec pack (K-Lite Ful...

Conditional formatting in Excel #2
Hi, Hope you can help. I have created a formula to fill a cell with colour based on the user input. Eg. If cell= "R" then colour cell Red; if cell = "A" then colour cell Gold; If cell = "G" then colour cell Green I hope to copy that for the whole spreadsheet, however, when I tried to copy the format to my other cells it only took the format of the original cell. Is there a way to solve this? Regards, Mary. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200606/1 Just select the range you want to format...

Get Parent Dialog into Child window
What is the best way to pass a pointer to the parent dialog into the child? I presume you pass "this" into the CWnd* parameter, but how do you cast this pointer to the same type as the parent window (so you can access specific methods)? > What is the best way to pass a pointer to the parent dialog into the > child? Not really sure I understand the question... I thing you are doing something like a Non Modal dialog. I suppose it could be done with a Modal dialog as well. #include "SomeClass.h" class CSomeClass; //So the compiler doesn't go nuts. class CM...

Message display format
I've noticed that sometimes messages appear in my inbox with a format that causes the cursor to appear as a little "hand" instead of the normal cursor, and I am unable to highlight and copy sections of the message. I don't know why this happens or if I am able to change the format of the message. For example, if it contained a website url and I wanted to copy and paste it, I'm unable to copy it because the little "hand" won't change to allow highlighting. Where can I get info on what this is, how to work with it, etc.???? THanks in advance....

Alternative agen log location Exchange 2007
Hi there, Is there any way to alter the location where the agentlogs are created? Regards, Mark On 6 Mar 2007 02:40:44 -0800, "mpriem" <spam@mpriem.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >Is there any way to alter the location where the agentlogs are >created? > >Regards, > >Mark Hmm, good question. Not sure there is a method because they are circular logged and the online help suggests you use a scheduled task to shift things out should you need to. Below is the quote: The information that is written to the agent log depends on the agent, the Simple Mail Trans...

Windows 2003 Server as Authoritative Time Server
Hello, How do I make my W2K3 PDC as an authoritative Time server for my domain? I have a GPS based time sync solution on my PDC. I have tried all solutions on the net, but none seems to work. The clients are not able to get any valid servers. Any help will be appreciable. Thanks Jagsrao ...

regtlib.exe and Windows 7
Hi All, I am trying to use regtlib.exe to register some .tlb files on Windows 7 and it is failing with: RegisterTypeLib of [filepath] failed : 8002801c I found a few posts regarding that error but all seemed to end with a continued request for more assistance. Any recommendations, advice or answers? Thanks "TC" < > schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AC729C6E-7F95-43FF-9B15-FA2EF9531DDF@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > I am trying to use regtlib.exe to register some .tlb files on Windows 7 and it > is failing with: > > RegisterTypeLib of...

Please advice me a good book about windows multithreading.
Hi, all. I was looking for the book, but iam not quite sure. Just give a couple key advices please. >-----Original Message----- >Nikolay wrote: > >> Hi, all. >> I was looking for the book, but iam not quite sure. >> Just give a couple key advices please. > >"Programming Applications for Microsoft Windows" >by Jeffrey Richter. > >(Or an older edition of the same book, which was titled "Advanced Windows". > >-- Tnx. >Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > >. > Nikolay wrote: > Hi, all. > I was looking for the boo...

Outlook problem after patched Windows XP SP2
I am looking a for a permanent solution to fix the below problem, I read a article from KB but just only a temporary fix. Is there any one-time fix solution can resolve this problem. "Messages in Microsoft Outlook are not sent immediately in Windows XP Service Pack 2" Thanks, Wallace To which KB article are you referring? KS >I am looking a for a permanent solution to fix the below > problem, I read a article from KB but just only a > temporary fix. Is there any one-time fix solution can > resolve this problem. > > "Messages in Microsoft Outlook are n...

No IE 8 specific download for Windows 7
Had to uninstall Windows 8 to get rid of some unwanted toolbars. There is NO specific download option for IE8 for Windows 7. My PC did not come with a CD. Microsoft tech support can't help me. What a crock. Google seems to be the future, not Microsoft. Does "Windows 8" mean "Internet Explorer 8"? There is no Windows 8. Internet Explorer 8 is part of the Windows operating system. It can't be removed; you can only hide its interface. You can't re-install Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7 because it's already there. What specific &qu...

Windows ME won't recognize slave drive
I installed a second 8 Gb drive into a HP Pavillion that has Windows ME. Primary drive is 60 Gb and Fat32. Windows doesn't see the second drive. I tried both cable select and slave. The second drive may have XP on it. Any ideas what I can do next? Thanks. "Mint" <chocolatemint77581@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:029ef223-b608-4ff2-ab8d-8e14cd61ccad@u34g2000yqu.googlegroups.com... >I installed a second 8 Gb drive into a HP Pavillion that has Windows > ME. > Primary drive is 60 Gb and Fat32. > > Windows doesn't see the second dri...

text format? Not Really!
Why, when I make an entry into a form field bound to a table source that is Tex format, does it automatically calculate what I entered? I need to enter driver's licence numbers, and here, they have dashes in them, but instead of "1100-100", it will store "1000", calculating the first number *minus* the second number. I don't think I can use an input mask, because the numbers vary in size. Hi, I have made a new table with a text field, I type in 1100-100 and it stays as 1100-100. I can close the form and open it again and it is still showing 1100-100 Jeanet...

Viewing Conditional formatting and/or Validation

Windows Help Files
Is there a program I can use to create Windows (XP) type help files, so that the entire document consists of a single file. Hagar wrote: > Is there a program I can use to create Windows (XP) type > help files, so that the entire document consists of a single file. Looked into what it is you are trying to create (seemingly)? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms670169(VS.85).aspx -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Hagar wrote: > Is there a program I can use to create ...

Any way to find a window(Control) is hidden/Overlapped by other one?
I'm working with MFC Application which contains combo boxes and static text controls. ToolTip is given to static text to expose full text due to space constraints. Below the ComboBox i have static text which pop-ups ToolTip when mouse hovered on it. When i get my ComboBox's drop-down window, it's overlapping on the static text control. If you move your mouse from one item to other item in the ComboBox then i'm getting static text's ToolTip blocking the ComboBox item names. Is there any way to find out that one window(Static text)is overlapped by other(ComboBox) to fix thi...

pre-formatted sheet:
How do I get two columns to act like columns in word? I want two columns to go the next two, then the next, etc for the page size of 8.5 x 11. I have a worksheet that was sent to me and it's 28 pages long, but I'd like to have one page. I've probably confused you all, but I don't know how else to ask. A "page" can be many different sizes depending upon margins so difficult to say how many rows to a "page" What is the actual range of data? A1:B??? I take it you want to move data in columns A and B into several columns. How do you want this data move...

DATE FORMAT IN OUTLOOK
Does anyone know a way to get Outlook to display the day of the year w/in the Calendar function? IE, Jan 1 would be 001, Jan 2 would be 002, etc? If the answer is a plugin or addon, that's fine. Thanks in advance, Chuck ...