Font problem with Office 2004 for mac

I have Tiger, whenever I try to Launch any Office program, as the the
menu loads to 'optimizing font menu performance'  It pops up with 'The
font "  "  has been corrupted and should be removed'.  It does this
with MANY fonts, many of which I don't even have in my font folder.  It
does this every time during the program start, and most times even if I
go through clicking ok 40-60 times it will sometimes freeze up anyway.
Anyway to fix, get around this problem?  Please email me at
madefornothing@yahoo.com.

Hi,

this problem affects quite a few users, and there's no guaranteed remedy for
it. Try the suggestions mentioned on this website:

<http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CorruptFontErrors.html>

On 28.08.06 16:46, in article
1156776377.214061.209830@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "Silent Strife"

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

0
m.bintener1 (110)

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Public Function Problems
Hi, I am very new to VBA and am attempting to use a public Function withou much luck. What I need is I have 6 test results in columns C to H and I need Public Function to add the scores up make certain divisions and outpu a mark e.g Merit for the score they achieved. I have attempted it i the code below and have chopped and changed thing so much I am no totally confused. This is the code... Code ------------------- Option Explicit Public Function Grade(cell As Range) As String Dim dblTest1 As Double Dim dblTest2 As Double Dim dblTest3 As Double Dim dblTest4 As Dou...

Dialog boxes and Font Smoothing
I have written an add-in that, under certain conditions, will display a dialog box over a slide when the presentation is running (slide show mode). Unfortunately the text on the underlying slide becomes jagged when the dialog is shown. It seems like powerpoint is no longer smoothing the fonts, as the problem is made worse at lower resolution. This happens if I use either ShowDialog() or _dialog.visible= true, and there is no code causing a slide refresh anywhere near the point the dialog is displayed. Any ideas ? ...

Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After updating to 10.1.6, some fonts are missing (KidPrint, Lucida handwriting, etc.) Any ideas? --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FON...

Outlook 2003 Outlook Today Problem
I installed Office 2003 Standard over top of Office 2000 Professional. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition, Outlook 2003 will not let me permanently customize Outlook Today. When I click on customize it presents the menus but is unable to find the graphics such as Winter, Summer, etc. It lets me select summer for instance and when I save the changes I get the summer scheme. But, when I exit Outlook and return my saved preferences are gone. There also appears to be graphic place holders on the Outlook Today screen, no 'x's just blank little squares. In the black date bar o...

office 2004 for mac pro edition
i'm in the market to purchase a new laptop and am thinking of getting the powerbook. i need to buy it soon (this weekend) and being that i have pc's in my office, i am also thinking of buying office 2004 for mac. i understand the pro version isn't out yet. if i were to purchase the standard version now and wanted to upgrade it once the pro version came out, would i need to pay the full amount for the upgrade? or would microsoft give me a break and either give me a discount on the upgrade or even provide me with a free copy? thanks. In article <5f0c01c4822d$2354dd8...

OE6 fails after installing Office 2000
The help of the assembled multitudes is welcomed: I tried to install MS Office 2000 Premium into an environment containing MSIE6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0 (with full SP updates.) OS is Windows ME, also with full updates. Result was corruption of Outlook Express. I could view email headers and previews, but could not launch email messages and/or print them. Further, the addressbook disappeared. When I tried to access address book, I was told that the system was improperly installed and I should reinstall. Removing Office 2000 from the system restored functionality to Outlook Express. I ...

address book group problem
I created a new group then (I thought) added entries using the boxes at the bottom of the small window one at a time. Now if I open my address book and click on the group, it only shows one entry. If I double click on it a new window opens with all eight ehtries which I put in. Does anybody recognise what I have done wrong? How can I get all the eight entries into the group? I need to be sure of what I am doing as if I lose the email details of these entries it will not be easy to get them again. TIA Pete It might be easier to start over, but I'll leave that up to you....

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

Can't Change Text direction in office 2007
Hi, i have installed office 2007 ( Pro Plus Edition) on a machine. i have faced a strange thing that i have never seen. the option of changing text direction from right to left or left to right does not exist. it come by default with ltr direction. What's the Problem ? Hi, You need to enable a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew or Arabic. To do this, perform the following steps: 1. Close Word. 2. Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Office, click Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings. 3. In the "Available...

Dexterity
Dear Sir/Mis I would like to know if there is anyway i can overcome the following: I've defined a library(COM) in my dictionary. The methods in that .DLL file which are defined as Strings, or take in String parameters, all show as "anonymous" datatypes with "anonymous" parameters in class browser. And therefore am not able to use em. System generates a Datatype conflict error on runtime. The DateTime datatype on the other hand works fine. NB:I've searched the MSDN, and the internet over and over. Thank you If it shows up as anonymous in the Dexterity clas...

Office 2000 Small Business
When we load Office 2000 Small Business and than open Publisher we get the following error. The instruction at "Ox77fcbcbe" referenced memory at "Oxfffffff8". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program. What can we do to fix this error. It is usually do to a faulty printer/graphics driver. Does Publisher open okay in safe mode? Disable your printer before opening Publisher, if it opens go to the manufacturer's web site and look around for newer drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mv...

outlook sending problems
Hi, I am having problems in sending out emails using outlook 2002. From time to time, outlook reports that the mail was failed to be sent with an error code "0x80040109", and the email stays at the Outbox. However, the email receipient will still RECEIVE the email sometimes. This is really annoying as I keep resending emails when the error occurs, which creates a flooding to the receipient. I did remove all the add-in according to the only suggestion I could find through google. The problem still exists. I switched to Outlook 2003, no luck, though I don't see the error...

Problem persisting toolbar state
I'm trying to use SaveBarState("BarState") and LoadBarState("BarState") to remember the state of my toolbars. This works fine for all my toolbars except 2. Checking the registry reveals that the 2 bars are not listed (at least there is no matching BarID entry). When I show them from my view menu the first toolbar (IDR_MAINFRAME) shows up docked to the right side, not where I left it. And the second toolbar (IDR_SECOND_TOOLBAR) toolbar shows up on the correct row, i.e. I moved it down to form a second row, but has moved back to its original horizontal position wh...

Money 2004 Small Business: Adding Discounts
I have looked and looked for how to add discount items into my invoices, i.e, 10% discount, etc. Anyone know how to do this? I have run search after search under the Help files and haven't been able to come up with anything. On this note, how easy is it to enter a partial payment? Thanks for your help!! Jessie :) Click Invoices on the top toolbar. Click create new invoice. Enter the customer then click add item. You will see the discount box on the left-hand side under the description input field. You can enter a % discount or a $$ discount. >-----Original Message-----...

Disk not reading on my mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Older version Processor: Power PC I have a Power Mac G5 running MAC OS X 10.4.11, I have 51GB Available on my hard drive so I am baffled as to why my disk will not read. I have DVD drive... Can you help!? On 3/18/08 3:37 06AM, in article ee951b8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "sauce@officeformac.com" <sauce@officeformac.com> wrote: > > I have a Power Mac G5 running MAC OS X 10.4.11, I have 51GB Available on my > hard drive so I am baffled as to why my disk will not read. I have DVD > drive... Can you help!? Some users are having pro...

do you want to transfer video from iPad to Mac
do you want to transfer&nbsp; from iPad to MaciPad is become more and more popular in our daily world, which can help us enjoy the world without limitation. However, there is one shortcoming that iPad belongs to Mac without supporting the format of Windows.iMacsoft iPad to Mac Transfer, the excellent iPad to Mac transfer, is a useful software that designed for Mac users.Fistly ,you can use it to fast transfer, rip, copy.Secondly,you can manage your music, videos, photos, podcasts and TV Shows from iPad to Mac, iPad to iTunes with the help of the iMacsoft iPad to Mac Transfer.Moreover, it s...

Full screen doesn't works in Word 8 for mac
Hello everybody Strangely my full screen option doesn't work in Word. It only enlarge the window of my file but background and other opened applications are still visible. Thanks for any clue Full screen mode functions in Pages so I don't think it's a system issue -- Constance Hi Constance, the fullscreen view in Word does not really deserve that name; all it does is hide the toolbars and the rulers. It is nowhere near the fullscreen view in Pages, which hides anything not related to the currently active Pages document. Sorry; there's not much you can do ...

Office Outlook
Hi, my office outlook is not working properly, error message : "the procedure entry point GETiums could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL " . what should I do?? pls advise. Thanks. Download and install the latest version of MDAC from Microsoft. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "david" <david@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C814B57-C82D-4066-8586-7CFDA8750D55@microsoft.com... > Hi...

Dictionaries for Office v.X
Hi. I would like to install various dictionaries (Italian, Spanish etc..) in Office v.X, OS 10.3.9, but I simply can't find them -looked for them everywhere!! Mactopia, P2P etc.. I imagine they must exist, as there are country-specific versions of the software...does anyone know WHERE I can find such dictionaries? Thanks. Did you look on the Office X CD, including in the Value Pack? I don't remember installing Office X, but I believe the way the Mac version works is that the US version has almost all the proofing tools. However, they may not be set for a default install, so you ...

problem customizing toolbars
Hi everyone I'm trying to customize my outlook toolbars (in the new message area). When I click View > Toolbars > the customize option is greyed out. Not sure why. All I want to do is add and remove some buttons to the toolbars. I'm using Outlook 2000. Any ideas greatly appreciated. Thanks heaps Helen Place your cursor in the message first; not in the Header lines. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Helen" <anonym...

Office Mac 2004 on a Mac Mini?
Can I run Office Mac 2004 Standard Edition on a MacMini 1.83/1GB/80/Combo/BT/AP with OSX 10.4.11? Also, what the simplest way to transfer 10 gig of documents from a Mac G4-400 (OS 9.x) to the MacMini OSX10.4.11) AppleTalk? If so what kind of cable? Thanks in advance. Hello John - There should be no problem running Office 2004 on the configuration you described - although I'm not familiar enough with the Mini to speak to its graphics capabilities. A little more RAM wouldn't hurt but isn't _needed_ depending on your usage requirements. As to transferring the files, I'd t...

Office 2011 #2
Want to say that I'm impressed with 2011. Many things on my wish list were done to improve older versions�the tiny Style window in Word is better than the Windows version, Outlook doesn't make you scroll though a long list of fonts to get to what you want, and the software plays better with the Mac OS. I use Office for Windows 2003, 2007, and 2010 and Office for Mac 2004 and 2011. My preference is on the Mac side but I get my work done with all versions. Thank you MS. ...

birthday reminders problem
outlook 97: my reminders are not working when i try to access them by clicking their icons in the contacts folder i get the nysterious message "Outlook could not start because a location to send or receive mail could not be found" this is doubly weird because i do not use outlook to send or receive mail (i use outlook express) and sending/receiving mail is not what i am trying to do anyway another problem - i suspect it is related - my tasks do not appear in my calendar any more. All this began after I archived my calendar. I have tried re-installing outlook but it made...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...