Finding data for a chart in word

--B_3325082853_2433946

After inserting a chart in a word document I cannot seem to get back to the
excel worksheet update data on the chart.
Advice please.
Thank you.
Joe

--B_3325082853_2433946

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Finding data for a chart in word</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:11pt=
'>After inserting a chart in a word document I cannot seem to get back to th=
e excel worksheet update data on the chart.<BR>
Advice please.<BR>
Thank you.<BR>
Joe</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3325082853_2433946--

0
jopi (2)

You've still not bothered to mention which version of the program you're
using or what method was used to create the chart. Without that information
this is just a guess: I'm *assuming* this is in Word 2008 & that you're
dealing with a Smart Art chart object. If that's the case you have at least
three options:

1- Control/Right-Click the Chart Area & select Edit in Excel, or

2- Control/Right-Click the Plot area of the chart & select Edit Data, or

3- Click the Edit in Excel button in the Chart Data group of the Formatting
Palette

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/13/09 6:07 PM, in article C630BCE1.4F17%jopi@awty.net, "Joseph Piasek"
<jopi@awty.net> wrote:

> After inserting a chart in a word document I cannot seem to get back to the
> excel worksheet update data on the chart.
> Advice please.
> Thank you.
> Joe

Word Documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, How do I make tool bars appear automatically upon opening a new document? Each time I open a new or previously saved document I have to re-open my tool bar. I have been unable to find where I can make the tool bar freeze in place and open when I open documents. I am a college student with lots of papers to write. This gets cumbersome after a while. Please help. Thank you Wendy. Click the oval button at the right end of a document window to turn off Apple's poorly documented & unidentified 'minimize...

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

summarizing worksheet data
Hi, I want to create what should be a relatively simple spreadsheet with, say, fifty worksheets in the workbook. Each worksheet would be identical in terms of number of rows & columns, as well as the type of data those columns contain. On the first worksheet, however, I'd like to be able to summarize the cumulative totals of all the other sheets. So, for instance, if cell a20 on worksheets 2 through 50 contained a formula that calculated a sum of the figures in a1:a19, I'd like to put a formula in a cell in the first worksheet that will total the cell a20 in all the other w...

Gathering and adding data from different rows
Hi all, I run a report at work every day that tells me how many shares of a company have been sold and from what year these shares were granted to the participant. The year and the amount of shares are on different lines. For instance, the year would be on D5 and the share amount would be on D10. This is a daily function and the data changes every day. I am required to manually scan these reports and add up the shares for each year separately. I have to separate the amounts for 2003, 1997 and 1996. I want to create a spreadsheeet that I can dump this data into and have the spreadsheet find...

Numbers Chart
I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt Top left corner of chart: =ROW(A1)+10*(COLUMN(A1)-1) Copy to a 10x10 area. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "C and A Bredt" wrote: > I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. > I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. > thanks, CB > -- > C and A Bredt > Highlight the cells, format > Cells > Alignment and make it 90 degrees. "Luke...

Text Boxes added to Chart Series
How do I keep text boxes that I've added to a data series with the column they belong on? If I change the size of the chart in anyway, I have to move the text boxes back to their respective spots on the chart. Text boxes are not added to a series, but to the chart. This prevents their sticking to any particular points. Could you add them as data labels? If you use a built-in position (i.e., don't drag them around) they will stick with their associated points - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...

Counting words............
How can I give the total of how many times a word appears in a column? -- Smokey_Vol ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Smokey_Vol's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495182 have a look at =COUNTIF( -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Smokey_Vol" <Smokey_Vol.20eapy_1135177209.4582@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Smokey_Vol.20eapy_1135177209.4582@excelforum-nospam.com... > >...

how do you insert a document in words 2007
I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. Insert - Object -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Likita Rucker" <Likita Rucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3892AD59-4452-4199-BC8E-31AE4220B6A7@microsoft.com... >I need help inserting a document in Office 2007, please help. If you click Insert > Object and pick Object from the dropdown, you'll get only the first page of the insert because an "object" can't cross a page boun...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

Macro to pull every Nth row of data
I have a spreadsheet of data and I need to pull every 60th row out onto another sheet. Any simple macros? Thanks. Amy How about Sub Test() Source_Sheet = "Sheet1" Target_Sheet = "Sheet2" n = 5000 ' your last line of data on Sheet1 Target_Row = 1 Sheets(Target_Sheet).Select For nCount = 1 To n Step 60 Worksheets(Source_Sheet).Cells(nCount, 1).EntireRow.Copy Worksheets(Target_Sheet).Cells(Target_Row, 1).Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ F...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Compress pictures in word 2000
Hi How can i compress the pictures in my document using word 2000. I can not find it in format picture and am now at a loss -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie ...

how do you rotate a visio drawing in word?
It's easy to insert a visio drawing into Microsfot word, but it doesn't seem possible to rotate the drawing...? zoom out to see full page, hold ctrl key down, place cursor via mouse to corner of drawing page, see cursor pointer change to curved arrow, drag to rotate page, angle shows in bottom left corner of screen, angle accuracy controlled as usual. "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAFD2CD7-C9A7-4F21-9425-42B9616A7BDC@microsoft.com... > It's easy to insert a visio drawing into Microsfot word, but it doesn't > seem > po...

how to only show first 20 words of a memo field
I have a memo field on a form, how can i show the first 30 characters and add 3 periods after the first 30 words. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200711/1 Use the Left function and add 3 periods: Left(string, length) & "..." "sheniece via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > I have a memo field on a form, how can i show the first 30 characters and > add 3 periods after the first 30 words. > > -- > Message posted via AccessMonster.com > http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums...

Can't See Word Check Boxes in Outlook
I have a Word Document that I wish to send via the File->Send To->Mail Recipient once it is filled in. The document has questions that require the User to select a check box for the different selections (Excellent, Good, Poor, Very Poor). When I send the document, the check boxes show up in Outlook, however when the email arrives the check boxes are no longer there. Is there a way to have the check boxes show up in the email, or, are they somehow being stripped? ...

Last cell with data in a range
I enter weekly data into a spreadsheet with a summary page at the front. After every week, when new data is entered, I want the formula at the front to use the cell with the new data instead of me having to change the existing formula. For example, my data looks like this: A B C 276 300 421 175 0 0 0 I need a formula that will automatically detect the last number >0 in column C. Thank you for your assistance! =Countif(C2:C1000,">0") so your main page formula might be something like: =...

Data Validation in XL2007 suddenly stops functioning
I created a workbook in XL2003 that included some named ranges on Sheet2 that fed some data validation lists on Sheet1. Everything worked as expected. My colleague opened up the workbook in XL2007 and used it several times, and everything worked as expected. Then she called me, saying that it was broken. Of the 6 named ranges and related data validation columns on the other sheet, none of them were working anymore. I went over to her PC, and checked everything I could think of- I could set up working data validation test cells on Sheet2, but could not get the ones on Sheet1 to...

Word as Editor in OL 2003
I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. Never mind. "hank" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:OlbM9zNvDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to use Word as my html editor in OL 2003. I must have changed a > setting and now the text I see is about 18 pt. Arial instead of the 10 pt. > Arial I see if I use plain text. Is there a setting I can change? Thanks. > > ...

Find Future Value of a Savings Account
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that determines the future value of a savings account. Take a look at the FV function in XL Help. In article <EC8EEB72-AF22-47D8-A266-839CA9356725@microsoft.com>, "gingerjane" <gingerjane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that determines the future value of a > savings account. ...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

Importing vcalendar data to multiple users
I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's calendar with pertinent calendar events. Is there a way to import this type of data in batch mode? See if http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company helps. ME wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a > large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's > calendar with pertinent calendar events. > > Is there a way to import this type of data in batch...

How do I freeze a chart from scrolling
I want to freeze a chart so as I scroll through data it will not go up or down, I dont want it to be frozen in a horizontal position. Is there a way this can be done? Hi, You would need to freeze a number of rows at the top of the sheet and place the chart there. Or use New Window to create a copy of the worksheet. One would display the chart then other would be used to scroll through the data. Cheers Andy dannie wrote: > I want to freeze a chart so as I scroll through data it will not go up or > down, I dont want it to be frozen in a horizontal position. Is there a way >...

Pivot Table: showing data as % of subtotal
Hi, I have pivot table data in this format: Name Type Amount ABC 1 $100 2 $200 3 $300 4 $400 ABC Total $1,000 DEF 1 $150 2 $260 3 $310 4 $420 DEF Total $1,140 and so on .... .... .... I want to see the data as follows: Name Type Amount % ABC...