Find & Replace formating

Any suggestions?  Problem with Find & Replace and formating.

Sally tried to do a find and replace with the following: find "US",
replace with "United States." Instead of replacing it as she has
indicated, it replaced it with UNITED STATES. When she undid this and
tried to do it again, she looked at the more specific find/replace
options (where you can search for a certain format)--in that section,
all of the format boxes under "effects" were checked. (I'm not ever
sure how that is possible. Superscript AND subscript?) She unchecked
them, ran the find replace again, and got the same result--UNITED
STATES instead of United States.

0
dmcrory (3)

The checkbox that controls this is in the Find dialog itself--in the
expanded dialog section, use the "match case" box. I forget whether
checked or unchecked is necessary, but I've had this happen to me and
fixed it in the past.

dmcrory@getty.edu wrote:
> Any suggestions?  Problem with Find & Replace and formating.
>

> Sally tried to do a find and replace with the following: find "US",
> replace with "United States." Instead of replacing it as she has
> indicated, it replaced it with UNITED STATES. When she undid this and
> tried to do it again, she looked at the more specific find/replace
> options (where you can search for a certain format)--in that section,
> all of the format boxes under "effects" were checked. (I'm not ever
> sure how that is possible. Superscript AND subscript?) She unchecked
> them, ran the find replace again, and got the same result--UNITED
> STATES instead of United States.

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
5/4/2007 7:21:35 PM
.... You need the Match Case box to be checked. It isn't a matter of
_formatting_, it's a matter of case structure.

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

"Daiya Mitchell" <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote in message
> The checkbox that controls this is in the Find dialog itself--in the
> expanded dialog section, use the "match case" box. I forget whether
> checked or unchecked is necessary, but I've had this happen to me and
> fixed it in the past.
>
> dmcrory@getty.edu wrote:
>> Any suggestions?  Problem with Find & Replace and formating.
>>

>> Sally tried to do a find and replace with the following: find "US",
>> replace with "United States." Instead of replacing it as she has
>> indicated, it replaced it with UNITED STATES. When she undid this and
>> tried to do it again, she looked at the more specific find/replace
>> options (where you can search for a certain format)--in that section,
>> all of the format boxes under "effects" were checked. (I'm not ever
>> sure how that is possible. Superscript AND subscript?) She unchecked
>> them, ran the find replace again, and got the same result--UNITED
>> STATES instead of United States.

0
CyberTaz

Date Format turn to Year
Hi, I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years later. =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. Your help would be much apprecated. Thanks What's in A1? Are you sure it's a real date? "learning_codes@hotmail.com" wrote: > > Hi, > > I tried to convert the date to YEAR and then the year plus 25 Years > later. > > =Year(A1) I'm getting the result 1900 instead of 1965. > > I tried to add 25 years later to 1990 from 1965. > > Your ...

Opening and formating a CSV file?
Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data goes straight into the worksheet. (Presumably because it is not 'delimited'?) Without the Wizard at my side, how do I get each comma-separated field in its own column? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Try renaming your .csv file to .txt Terry Pinnell wrote: > > Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed > the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data > goes straight into the worksheet...

Problem access variable in On Format
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am trying to format the Zip Code on the detail line of my report. I have tried the following lines of code in both the On Format event and the On Print event: If len([PostalCode]) > 5 Then : : end if or if len(Me.PostalCode) > 5 Then : : end if In both events and either code, I receive the error message: Access can't find the field 'PostalCode' referred to in your expression. If I put "PostalCode" as the source of the report's control...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

format a CD
Hi, how can I format a cd+rw re writeable disc aga ...

find match then change cell value

Pivot Table formatting #6
When I format my pivot tables I have "preserve formatting" checked under "PivotTable Options", and "Autoformat Table" unchecked. Even so, I either lose portions of my formatting, or different formatting is applied when I refresh. Does anyone know what I am doing incorrectly or have any other suggestions? Thanks, Phil Other things to try -- if they don't work, you could record a macro as you refresh and reformat the pivot table. Then, run that when you want to update. --Instead of selecting the cells to format the numbers, right-click the field but...

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

Exchange 2003...Queues...Find Messages...icons?
I regularily view messages that have been in the queue on Exchange 2003. If I select one of the domains of the messages in the queue and do a find messages I get a window with the various messages. The messages will have an icon beside them that varies. I am unable to find any documentation to describe the significance of the various icons under sender. Here are a few that I have seen: 1) A normal envelope 2) An envelope with a red circle around a red square in the lower right corner 3) no icon Anyone now where I can find a description of these and there significance? TIA R...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Formatting
I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible in Live Mail. Nope. I'm afraid that's only possible using Outlook. In WLM you have to use the built in editor. Is there anything in particular that's lacking from the built in editor that you're looking for? Colin Brown WL MVP "jrchambe" <jrchambe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EC21892-D39F-4219-AB0F-47BC14E1CD36@microsoft.com... > I've always used MS Word as my email editor in Outlook. Is this possible > in > Live Mail. "...

can't find project or library
encounter this error : can't find project or library when try to run a code which contains Calendar1.Value any help? Hi Lynn Read the info on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Excel 97-2007 It is possible you don't see it in the list, because it is installed with Access. So if you don't have that program installed you possible don't have the control. You can download the control if you don't have it (See link on the bottom of this page). -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrot...

Extraneous formatting codes in Index
Hi, Strange problem. I'm indexing a 500 page book. There are a couple hundred index entries. Maybe a half dozen of the entries come through in bold. There is no visible reason for this. The original entries in the text do not have a bold code anywhere near them. Suggestions? Hello Jim Jim Speiser wrote: > Strange problem. I'm indexing a 500 page book. There are a couple hundred > index entries. Maybe a half dozen of the entries come through in bold. > There is no visible reason for this. The original entries in the text do not > have a bold ...

Formating
Hi, In a Column 'A' sales Commission is calculated and resulta is as 250, 200, 300, 330. I wanted to format a cell with a Blinking colours where value is 100 to 250, 250 to 300, 300 to 350 and 350 & above. please help to format my sheet ... thanks Ismail, Getting your cells to "blink" is not in the standard Excel formats What you want would require some extensive programming, certainly, ou of my capabilities. However, there are some great things you can do with Excel' CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. Let's say in column A you have numbers that are the result of formu...

sort special text/numbers in format with many dots
Hi I need your help with sorting in Excel! I have mani Text fields with numbers into it. As example: 1 5.1 1.2 10.2.1 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 And it should sorted like this 1 1.2 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 5.1 10.2.1 How can I sort this like numbers? My problem is, that not all Numbers have the same format as x.x.x.x! And I can't change this Text-Fields to Numbers, because 10.6.1 looks the like 37052 :-( Any suggestions? Thx Marco Hi With your data in column A, insert a blank column at B. In B1 enter =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND(".",A1)),LEFT(A1,FIND(".&q...

How do I find an Excel spreadsheet opened as attachment in Outlook
Using Outlook 2000...I received an e-mail with an Excel spreadsheet as an attachment. I opened it and spent a great deal of time adding information before I closed it. I thought I had saved it. When I went back into Excel and tried to call up the file via the list of most recent files accessed, it said the file could not be found. I have spent a great deal of time searching for the file with no success. I did read that Outlook attachments are saved in the Temporary Internet Files when opened but I have not been able to get to it by looking in that area. How do I locate the file and will...

How do I format cells to a specific number of digits?
I am trying to format a column so I can enter 5 digits only. It has between 5 and 7 digit numbers in it right now and I need to delete the remaining ones. It is about 350 numbers, so it would be a lot of work to go into each cell and delete the remaning numbers. Is therea way I can format the whole column to allow 5 digits? The same happened with letters. I had codes in it that consisted of numbers and letters and the client only wants the first two letters to remain. How can it be formatted so only 2 characters are allowed to keep me from having to enter each cell separately? Hi form...

Finding a sheet
Since you were so quick and helpful about my index question......... If I happen to know the name of the sheet is there a way to type the first few letters of the name and then find the sheet that way? Thanks Linda Find sheet in a file? Put your cursor down in the tab area -- all way to left and right click Select sheet "Linda" <RomulanQueen@StarfleetHeadquarters.xp> wrote in message news:%23C3cN1BjDHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... : Since you were so quick and helpful about my index question......... If I : happen to know the name of the sheet is there a way to type t...

Bubble Charting
Hi There Hope you all can help, i've looked everywhere but have found it very difficult to achieve what I want. I'm not familiar with VB but i know how to copy and paste into modules! Here is the data (column by column): Name --- X --- Y --- Bubble Size --- RAG Status OK, here are my requirements... - Each bubble to be labeled with column name - RAG status to conditionally format the colour of the bubble. Thanks in advance! Hi, You can do the colour coding by using multiple series and some simple formula to create conditional charts, this will give you more detail on the subj...

date format #9
Hi everyone Is there any way to add automatically "rd" or "st" or "th" etc after the date. I have a date in A1 as "30-01-2001" and I need to show in B1 as "January 30th" Hope someone has an idea Thanks Toms --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi SMILE! One Way. Use: =DAY(A1)&IF(AND(MOD(DAY(A1),100)>=10,MOD(DAY(A1),100)<=14),"th",CHOOSE (MOD(DAY(A1),10)+1,"th","st","nd","rd","th","th","th","th","th","th")...

Any utilities to remove the ALL the Microsoft formatting tags?
Hi Know any good utilities to help me strip out the tags that Microsoft Excel 2002 leaved behind when you try and export an HTML format file? This is driving me NUTS. And really makes me hate microsoft with a passion. I literally just want "compact HTML" - ie just the data, plus the minimal table structure and *NO FORMATTING CODES* of any sort!! I did have a utility but it was on my previous PC and I cant remember what it was called. I would be prepared to pay no more than say GBP 10.00 for such a utility (which I only need every couple of months...) Ship Shiperton Henethe p....

Installing Update Rollup 2 (KB904435)
Hi, When trying to install the update rollup 2 for CRM 1.2 (KB904435), a warning message appears, saying that it cannot find CRM databases. Any ideas? Desperately need some advise. Thanks. ...

How can I find a median?
Hello, I want to find a median for team size with data that is currently set up in the following manner: Team size # of instances 20 3 9 1 8 2 Is there an easy way to convert the information so that I can use the median function? Thanks. I n Hello, Yes, there is: http://sulprobil.com/html/statistics_for_weighted_values.html Regards, Bernd =MEDIAN(8,8,9,20,20,20) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 LisaB - You don't need to arrange the numbers. Just use the function: =MEDIAN(A2:A4...

Find what control is using a data item
I built a form, then deleted 2 columns from the source table and now I get a popup asking for the value of those 2 columns. The problem is, I don't use those columns so I need to find what on the form is refferencing the deleted columns. I have looked at the control drop down on the properties window and the tab order window and can't find a control with either one of the missing column names. How do I determine what is trying to refference the deleted columns? I found the problem, the column was still referenced in the underlying query that fed the form. "MeSteve"...