failure of Open XML 1.1.4 to work

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

Previous versions of this worked fine. This version comes up with comment "not enough memory". As I have 2mg Ram this seems strange. Any help appreciated.
0
rhcorbett

I'm afraid you haven't provided sufficient information for anyone to go on,
especially since that message quite often has nothing to do with memory.

For any questions of a technical or performance nature it's important that
you specify your current update level of OS X as well as for Office.

Exactly when does this message occur;

If you launch the Open XML Converter.app directly? When you attempt to open
a file using the Open command within one of the Office apps? If the latter,
which program? More than one program? What type of files are they & what is
the nature of their content?

Are you attempting to convert one file or are you trying to convert a batch
of documents at the same time? Does it happen with one file in particular or
does it occur with any file you attempt to convert? What do you mean by
"previous versions" � Has anything else changed also, such as a move to Snow
Leopard from a prior version of OS X?

I'm assuming that you mean 2 GB (gigabytes) RAM? [The abbreviation "mg"
stands for 'milligrams' & with only 2 MB (megabytes) you wouldn't be able to
get the Mac to run any version of OS X to begin with.] Although it may seem
like a lot, 2 GB is really a minimum by today's standards. The minimum
requirement for OS X 10.6.x alone is 1 GB, so if you have any other programs
& processes running when attempting to convert there may well be far less
available resources than you think. The message can also be triggered by a
lack of disk space as well as by other causes.

I'm sure someone can help but you need to provide detailed descriptions of
the system & the circumstances. The step-by-step actions you're taking as
well as the specific results are all anyone has to go on.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/12/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb6d31.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"rhcorbett@officeformac.com" <rhcorbett@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel
> Previous versions of this worked fine. This version comes up with comment "not
> enough memory". As I have 2mg Ram this seems strange. Any help appreciated.

0
CyberTaz

SRS to open Record of Focus
Hello All! Customer needs to use SRS to open custom quote while in CRM Quote Form. I have added button that points to custom SRS Report, but don't know how to pass the info from the quote of focus to let SRS know which customer record to display when running the report. I believe I can prompt for this parameter in SRS, but this would be an extra user step; as they already have the quote form open. Thought about src attribute, but SRS isn't looking for url... Any ideas? Hi, There is already a facility for reports which you can use instead of creating it yourself if I understo...

office v. x updates 10.1.6 and or 10.1.9
I was trying to update my office x with the update 10.1.6 and it would allow me to start the update, but then when it was installing the visual basic libraries, it would stop and give me the error "error creating folder" "1008:9,-43 file not found". In addition, when I tried to use the 10.1.9 update, it said that I do not have any qualifying products on my computer. I know that I have office v. x installed, because update 10.1.6 recognized it. I think that this is a folder permission issue, but I do not know which folders I need to change. If at worst, I would like to get e...

excel 2003
I've got a problem with excel 2003. When I select some sheets to print them in 1 print job, it splits the printjob to 2 seperate printjobs. This normaly is not a problem, but since I want to print to pdf, pdf-printer will regerate 2 files. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I searched the internet allready, but I only found 1 solution. This is to set quality all to the same option, eg. all to 600 dpi. This solution only work for excel 97, but I tryed it anyway. Did not work :-( Some ideas? Maybe you can provide more details. I created a workbook with 4 worksheets. I select...

Read Only Access Second time opening
I am having errors while modifying a spreadsheet. I am running Win Xp and Office 97, and can open and modify the file once but if I close it and open it again it wont allow me write access, but only read access to this file. Any ideas? Try cleaning up your windows temp folder and then reopen your workbook. You may have to reboot. Rebecca wrote: > > I am having errors while modifying a spreadsheet. > > I am running Win Xp and Office 97, and can open and > modify the file once but if I close it and open it again > it wont allow me write access, but only read access ...

WPF xml
I'm using WPF with net 3.5 to load the ItemsSource of a combo box from an xml file. The xml is setup like this: <profiles> <profile> <profilename>First profile</profilename> ... </profile> ... other profile nodes </profiles> In the Windows.Resources node of the xaml I have: <XmlDataProvider x:Key="xmldata" Source="c:/temp/xmlData.xml" XPath="profiles/profile" /> and in the combobox I have: <ComboBox Margin="5" Name="cbProfiles" Width="240" IsE...

How to duplicate records in a subForm? 1)Copy&Paste?? 2)Programmatically??
We have a Form with a subForm We want to create a subForm Record and then duplicate it "x" times. 1 - How can we just copy and paste the record while looking at the Form & subForm? 2 - How about code to programmatically duplicate the subForm record "x" times ? thanks for any help. Mel On 3 May 2007 14:08:29 -0700, Mel <MyEmailList@gmail.com> wrote: >We have a Form with a subForm > >We want to create a subForm Record and then duplicate it "x" times. Why? Just store a number field X in the record, and use that in a query to DISPLAY x cop...

SQL Server Express: Small Work Group Sans Server?
Extrapolating from David W. Fenton's comments in the "Rules of thumb" thread, it seems to me like there is an argument for making most new MS Access projects use a SQL Server Express back end - even if they just go at it via ODBC links the same as they would against a .MDB. Given that, and given that at least some projects' reason for being is tb independent of an IT organization, what would the downsides be of implementing a work group's SQL Server Express back end on a plain old Windows XP PC right in their physical area instead of becoming a tightly-controll...

numbering #4
Is there any system of 'outline numbering' in Excel? Hope i'm not asking for too much! -- Dr. Sachin Wagh MBBS, DHA, DPH Nothing as easy as the outlining within MSWord. Typing the numbers is one way (not very appealing). Using a formula based on the values in the other cells may work--if you can pickout something that would indicate the level--not very nice, either. Dr. Sachin Wagh wrote: > > Is there any system of 'outline numbering' in Excel? Hope i'm not asking for > too much! > -- > Dr. Sachin Wagh > MBBS, DHA, DPH -- Dave Peterson ...

[ANN]VTD-XML 2.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D3_01C7B199.5250FB20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable VTD-XML 2.1 is released. This version contains a number of features and = bug fixes.=20 * The BookMark class is introduced into all available plaforms of = VTD-XML.=20 * C# and Java port of VTD-XML fix the bug of unicode chars in XPath = expression.=20 * C version of VTD-XML has numerous code clean-ups. ------=_NextPart_000_00D3_01C7B199.5250FB20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" ...

Trying to work with Transaction.DropAmount
I have been tasked with making an addition to the status.htm that will display a notification when the cash in the drawer has reached a particular value. I'm familiar with HTML and VB Script, but I've been going over the customization guide provided by MS and I'm a bit lost. The syntax that I see doesn't appear to be working for me or perhaps I just forgot how to do things. If anyone has any advice on how to access the values of Transaction.DropAmount or the value of cash in the cash drawer, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Andrew Handerson ...

opening older publisher files
Hi, probably a FAQ, but anyway. How does one open a older version of a publisher file. A friend has sent me a publisher file and I try to open it publisher says "pulisher can't open older versions of files". Anyway to convert the file? Perhaps import it into word? Send replies to salik-rafiq@myway.com (remove the '-') Salik. Salik, You will need to find out which version they are using and tell us which version you are using. Here is a link that shows which version are compatible: http://www.mvps.org/publisher/versions.html -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publishe...

Adding a Custom Toolbar Button to the "Open Opportunities" View
I need to add a custom toolbar button to the "Open Opportunities" view toolbar that triggers a launch to an ASP.Net application. I know that this is done in the "\_Resources\isv.config.xml" file, as I have done this task before for the Quote, Order, and opportunity entities , but I don't know how it could be done for a view, particularly the "Open Opportunities" view. Please help. You can't add a button just for one view, but you can for all views of the entity via the <Grid> and <MenuBar> elements -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamic...

Custom shortcutmenu for commandbutton to open form with arguments
How does one create a custom shortcutmenu to set to a CommandButton that will open up a form passing in arguments from the current form, all in Access 2007 and VBA? Attached is some code that I use for a custom shortcut menu that I use on most of my forms. I call the subroutine when my Splash screen loads, and then use the click event of a control on my form (usually a label in the upper left corner of the form) to display the shorcut menu, using: CommandBars("MyFormMenu").ShowPopup What you will need to do is change the references to fnCloseForm to a new function th...

repeating calendar entries moves 1 hour back in time

Address Auto-Complete doesn't work right
Using Outlook 2002 sp2 (from Office XP Pro) on WinXP Home Most of the time the address auto-complete function does not operate correctly... If I have one person in the address named Adam and one named Alan and I beging typing 'ala' (no quotes), it presents me with Alan as the auto-complete entry. If I have Donna in my address book and I type 'donna ' I don't get presented with any choices or an auto-complete entry. I have 5 people with first names of Michael, and it chooses the first one in the list, but does not present the 4 others in a drop list. I have the Tools-&...

Outlook.pst repair failure
(Originally posted on microsoft.public.outlook.General but no responses there) I've hit problems with my outlook.pst. Last week I traced the Inbox Repair Tool and successfully repaired it. A few days later it again showed error messages (Could not open the folders [for] email messages, etc) but now (and I've tried several times) the Inbox Repair Tool itself reports an Error (at stage 4, or was it 5, of 8). I've created a new set of Personal Folders so am able to use Outlook (2000), but I'm desperate to access all my past emails, my tasks and contacts. Some I have as past ba...

Eject (button and command) fails on both optical drives (CD & DVD) under XP. Works fine under Linux and pre XP starting
Both my drives (G: & H:) are fine and work perfectly once disks are loaded but I can no longer change disks while operating XP. I have to re-start XP and change the disks before XP starts.. They work perfectly under Linux (Mint8) although that is no longer installed and I've recently tested using the LIVE CD I've today disabled all start-up programs, re-booted and killed some processes that might be causing a problem but to no avail.. This has been happening for at least six months so I suspect some update at some has caused the problem.. The machine is fully up ...

put 1/2 page merge on top of page, repeat at bottom to save paper
How can put 1/2 page merge on top of page, repeat at bottom to save paper If you have Word 2000 or above, your best bet is to use "2 pages per sheet" under "Multiple pages" on the Paper tab of Page Setup. This gives you two logical pages on a single sheet of paper. You can create a single page and then copy/paste the content into page 2 or (more simply), just put 1,1 in the Pages box in the Print dialog to print page 1 twice on a sheet. Please note that this is NOT the "2 pages per sheet" option in the Print dialog, which reduces a single page to fi...

Opening another user mailbox
I am trying to setup outlook to open another user mailbox in addition to my own. In the Outlook I do this: Tools->Options->Mail Setup->Email accounts->View or Change->Change->More settings->Advanced->Open these additional mailboxes->Add The problem is if the user is not in the GAL - I cannot perform this operation. As soon as I uncheck "Hide from GAL" in the user properties I can open his mailbox. I need to hide user from GAL but still get access to his mailbox. How can I do it? ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet...

Outlook 2000 wont open
If I open and close Outlook 2000 4-5 times during the day, it wont open again. When I click on icon, thinks for 30 seconds but then nothing. If I shut down my computer and restart, all is well for another 4-5 times. Anyone else experience this?? rainman <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I open and close Outlook 2000 4-5 times during the > day, it wont open again. When I click on icon, thinks > for 30 seconds but then nothing. If I shut down my > computer and restart, all is well for another 4-5 times. Check in Task Manager to see if Outlook properly...

macro not working #2
I've been trying to get a macro to work. It is a macro that prints the previous week's data on a data sheet. When I click on the macro, I get the message to enter week number. When I do that I get this error message. "run-time error 424" object required when I hit the debug button I get this Sub PrintOut() ' ActiveSheet.Unprotect Set myWeek = Application.InputBox("Select the week number to print", , , , , , , 8) Set myRange = Range(myRange.Offset(0, 6), myRange.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True If myRange.Col...

Wanted: ? UnknownFunction("vbOK") returns 1 in VBE Immediate window
Thanks! George Hi, It is not a function; it is a constant. If you lookup msgbox function and msgbox constants in Help you will find out more about it. The following is a small example of its use where the users selection is returned to a variable. Sub test() Dim Response As Variant Response = MsgBox("Do you want to continue?", vbOKCancel) If Response = vbOK Then MsgBox "User selected OK" 'Insert required code here Else MsgBox "User cancelled." & vbLf & _ "Processing terminated." End If End Sub ...

Outlook won't open to "outlook Today"
I have Outlook 2002 on Windows XP, and although I set the option to have Outlook open to "Outlook Today", it always opens to the Inbox. Is there a fix for this? Thanks much, pmm-rcd ...

Word as e-mail editor #4
I installed sofware with my new iPaq PDA which asked me if I wanted to upgrade to Outlook 2002. I did and now I can't choose to edit e-mail with Word. The boxes are grayed out. Any suggestions? Remove Outlook 2002 and revert to Outlook 2000 that works fine with iPAQs and other PPCs. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, Joey <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked...

Office 2008 and Expos=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=E9?=
I am having some funny issues with Office 2008 and Expos� in Leopard. <br><br>In Expos�, when the mouse pointer is hovering above a window, the window will be highlighted and in the middle, it will display the title of the page (e.g. if I was viewing this "ask a new question" page in Safari while in Expos�, it will have a title "Office for Mac Office"). <br><br>However, Word doesn't highlight itself in Expos�, though it goes to Word when I click it... Why is this? Are there compatibility issues here? On Jan 16, 5:55=A0pm, m...@officeformac.c...