Expose Problems Still Not Fixed?

I am still getting funny behavior form Microsoft Word 2008 running
under Leopard and Expose. Sometimes when I try to click on a window in
expose, it brings it to the front but the active window is still
another Word window behind it. Then when I click on the window in
front, it brings all the Word windows to the foreground (which is very
frustrating when I'm trying to read something in Firefox and take
notes in Word at the same time). I know there were problems with
expose and Word when Office 2008 first came out but after at least 3
updates, has Microsoft really not addressed these issues yet? Word
2004 seemed to work fine with expose.
0
EulerPhi8 (3)

Hello Euler;

Unless I miss my guess you're referring to *Spaces*, not Expos�, and the
incompatibility with Office is well documented. If you search the groups on
the subject you will find that there will not be a "fix" in Office 2008 as
well as explanations of why it came to be, why it can't be done & why 2008
has the problem 2004 didn't have. All those questions have been answered
repeatedly & I'm afraid the answers have not & will not change.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/30/08 2:18 PM, in article
44ab10a1-e5ab-4894-80cb-f1c9f4c0fac7@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com,

On Oct 31, 6:27=A0am, CyberTaz <onlygeneralt...@com.cast.net> wrote:
> Hello Euler;
>
> Unless I miss my guess you're referring to *Spaces*, not Expos=E9, and th=
> incompatibility with Office is well documented. If you search the groups =
on
> the subject you will find that there will not be a "fix" in Office 2008 a=
> well as explanations of why it came to be, why it can't be done & why 200=
8
> has the problem 2004 didn't have. All those questions have been answered
> repeatedly & I'm afraid the answers have not & will not change.
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>
> On 10/30/08 2:18 PM, in article
> 44ab10a1-e5ab-4894-80cb-f1c9f4c0f...@f63g2000hsf.googlegroups.com,
>
> "EulerP...@gmail.com" <EulerP...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am still getting funny behavior form Microsoft Word 2008 running
> > under Leopard and Expose. Sometimes when I try to click on a window in
> > expose, it brings it to the front but the active window is still
> > another Word window behind it. Then when I click on the window in
> > front, it brings all the Word windows to the foreground (which is very
> > frustrating when I'm trying to read something in Firefox and take
> > notes in Word at the same time). I know there were problems with
> > expose and Word when Office 2008 first came out but after at least 3
> > updates, has Microsoft really not addressed these issues yet? Word
> > 2004 seemed to work fine with expose.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm having this problem with Expose, which I
use for switching between windows/programs. I definitely am not using
Spaces for creating multiple desktops or dragging word windows through
Spaces, etc.. I should probably be more clear with my description
though. Say I am using Firefox and then want to switch to Word, when I
do and I have multiple Word windows open, it won't switch to the one I
clicked on in Expose but I think it switches to the last window that
was active and put the one I want in the background. When I click on
the window I want in the background, it'll bring all Word windows to
the foreground, thereby hiding my Firefox window, which I want to be
able to read while working in Word.
0
EulerPhi8 (3)
11/1/2008 3:43:28 PM
OK - I see what you're seeing. Sorry I didn't catch on quicker but I really
don't use Expos� that much. I usually Command+Tab/Command+` more frequently
than anything else. All I can suggest is that you use Help> Send Feedback to
keep hammering on the issue & I'll send up a note from this end. It's
possible that a windowing matter like this isn't something that can be
addressed by way of an upgrade.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/1/08 11:43 AM, in article
0d844cea-759a-47d4-93b5-65aa0f074fc8@t39g2000prh.googlegroups.com,
"EulerPhi8@gmail.com" <EulerPhi8@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, but I'm having this problem with Expose, which I
> use for switching between windows/programs. I definitely am not using
> Spaces for creating multiple desktops or dragging word windows through
> Spaces, etc.. I should probably be more clear with my description
> though. Say I am using Firefox and then want to switch to Word, when I
> do and I have multiple Word windows open, it won't switch to the one I
> clicked on in Expose but I think it switches to the last window that
> was active and put the one I want in the background. When I click on
> the window I want in the background, it'll bring all Word windows to
> the foreground, thereby hiding my Firefox window, which I want to be
> able to read while working in Word.

Problem Login
I had the server crashed during log in of sa. I'm tryin to log in to fabrikam but it specify that sa is alleady loged in. Trying to delete the previos session I get the table of user id's empty without an options to delete the sa session from Fabirkam. Please advice. Eyal. Hi Eyal, Can you get into the Dynamics DB Activity table in the SQL Server Enterprise Manager? Take a look in there and see if that has any users still logged in from the crash. As long as everybody is out you can delete the all the users out of the Activity table. Check the tempdb database specifically t...

Exchange Server Migration Wizard problem
I am trying to migrate mailboxes to a new domain. The current domain is on the public Internet and the new domain is on a private network seperated by an ISA 2000/Server 2003 computer. Exchange 2000 is running in the current domain and Server 2003/Exchange 2003 are running iin the new domain. I created a VPN from the current domain to the ISA firewall and then established trust relationships between the two domains. I then ran the Active Directory Migration Tool (version 2) and migrated a test user account. I then attempted to run the Exchange Server Migration Wizard from Exchange 2003 i...

Message still appears with DisplayAlerts = False & SaveChanges:=Fa
In an Excel 2003 macro, I have 3 workbooks, each of which I close with this code: ActiveWindow.Close SaveChanges:=False This has run for months without incident but now, in each instance, pops up a form entitled "Document modified," with the prompt: "The active document has been changed. Save Changes?" So, I added, before the Close method: "Application.DisplayAlerts = False". The message still appears when it hits the Close. The macro was originally written in Excel 2003 & all the workbooks invloved are Excel 97-2003 .xls files. How...

Macro problem for timesheet
Currently, I am doing a timesheet. The timesheet are given every month. For December, a file December.xls with sheet name - December as well is given to them. Then, the staff are required to rename the file same as their staff number. So, for staff no. P101 and in December, the sheet name is December where else the file name is P101.xls. And, so on. Then, I have to manually renamed all the sheet name same as the staff's' numbers. This for the purpose where the formula that need to refer to data entered by the particular staff, I can just easily refer by the sheet name. Th...

Problems with CRM Demo image
Has anyone had problems running the CRM Virtual PC image. When i try to log on as gericson the crm plug in is not available in outlook They did not log in as all the users and set up their profiles for Outlook and stuff. You need to log on as that user and install the Outlook Desktop Client. "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F5C035B-AC61-4092-8072-185F49F37D0F@microsoft.com... > Has anyone had problems running the CRM Virtual PC image. When i try to > log > on as gericson the crm plug in is not available in outlook ...

Office v.X Installer problems
I have a Mac G5 running OSX 10.3 and Office v.X. I am very computer literate, but am new to the Macintosh environment. I installed and have been using Office v.X for several days. I have installed download updates and apparently destroyed the Office v.X installer. I can't find it on my hard drive anywhere. I also can't find a download on any web sites. When I put the Office v.X CD in my superdrive nothing happens. No window opens and no icon appears on the desktop. I need to install some items out of the Value Pack contained on the Office v.X CD, but can't get the installer to run....

Classification Problems
Hi I have tries adding classifications for some rental properties I own, no problem. I now find when I enter a split in categories it will no longer work as it auto adds split categories in the categories field and the new classification field????? If I delete the entry in the classification field it deletes the categories field. Hope this makes sense but its doing my nut in. Please help ...

Linking problem #2
Hi, I am not specifically linking with nafxcw.lib but receiving the following link error messages: nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc nafxcw.lib(apphelp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem. Thank You! "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uoGZHyV0DHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am not specifically linking with nafxcw.lib but receivi...

problems importing checkbook
4-19-05 Problems importing checkbook from older MS Money version to MS Money 2005. The import divides the checkbook by payee and keeps asking to create acct even after have created acct. If I do that then I have separate entries for checkbook and unsuccessful with merging the separate accts although still the same acct #. And if I decline to create the separate acct for separate payees then even the correct acct does not create and isn't imported. Suggestions? FYI, conversion from the older version (2000) to this version did not take place automatically at installation. Am using Wxp...

Attachment problems in outlook client
First of all, excuse my english :-) I have deployed microsoft CRM and outlook client. All is "up and running" well, without problems. Already configured the email router (using POP) to track the messages sended to me... but I discover a few things... actually, 1 question and 1 problem. 1. Question: I=B4m using google apps (like gmail) to my mail account. Accessing it using IMAP and is all working fine. BUT, in outlook client, if I click in "set regarding" or "track in crm", I got the message: "Only items in the default Microsoft Outlook store can be promote...

Is the bug "Word does not remember position of window" still not fixed?

Calander permission problem
Hi When I try to invite someone to a meeting I can that he is busy or not, but our problem is that insted of seeing that the person is buy we can see in what he is busy? How can we stop it, so that we be able only to that he is busy? Than'x S On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:00:35 +0200, "S" <s@s.com> wrote: >Hi > >When I try to invite someone to a meeting I can that he is busy or not, but >our problem is that insted of seeing that the person is buy we can see in >what he is busy? > >How can we stop it, so that we be able only to that he is busy? > Ha...

problems viewing transactions after downloading
Although account statements download properly and show up on screen, Money will not allow me to view and therefore accept the transactions into the register. When you go to the accounts area it shows the account with the number of transactions in brackets with the current date of the download, but will not allow access to view them. Can anyone help? Thx in advance H In microsoft.public.money, H wrote: >the accounts area it shows the account with the number of >transactions in brackets with the current date of the >download, but will not allow access to view them. > C...

GP 7.5 setup problem
When I run the CDSetup.exe (on win2k) I get this error. SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD. Virtual Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. The caption in the message box reads: "16 bit Windows Subsystem" Any ideas? dmy Seems strange for you to get this message: Try the following KB URL to see if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254914 Regards J "dm_dal" <REMOVE_THIS.dmy75252@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23cDL3F3YEHA.712@TK2MSFTN...

Printing BW/Color problem (RLi)
I have an access 2003 application and a HP laser color printer. When i print a report from this application there might be color on the page (photo) But I want the printout allways to print in black&white. So i went tot the windowsXP config panel and gave the default BW to the properties off my color laserprinter. But it does not work: when i print the access-report access overrules the default back to color and my page is printed with color. In order to get a black&white printout i have rechange the properties back to black&white for every print i make. The page setup for a re...

Strange Problem
Windows 7 64bit, WPM 12. For no rhyme or reason when playing music (mp3's) the whole system locks up. When playing music using ITunes it happens, but not as often. After a minute or two the system clears up, but will freeze again. It's not consistent. Sometimes during the first song and sometimes after 10 songs. It acts like Explorer is freezing. I uninstalled WMP12 and reinstalled and it seem fine for a day, then started again. I dual boot with Vista and the problem doesn't exist there. Is there any basic stuff I can check first, before I have to pop a coupl...

problem to print
l had received one cd from my department. when l tried to print l got a problem.there was two page in one sheet. that mean 50% one page. l want one page for one sheet but l do not know how to do it. could anyone understand me and please help me hi, Sounds like your print area may not be set correctly. on the menu bar...file>print area>clear print area Then high light the area you wish to print as one page. once high lighted...on the menu bar...file>print area>set print area post back if this does not work. Regards FSt1 "zilah" wrote: > l had received ...

Fixed Asset Transfers?
pWe have multiple companies on GP & we use the intercompany function to handle any AP transactions that would affect any of the companies. Is there a function that easily allows a person to transfer a fixed asset between companies? There would be an exchange of cash (or intercompany receivable/payable). Seems like we go thru a lot of work to dispose on one company & set up on another company. Thanks for any information! Nope. You'll have to continue using the long method. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get y...

Problem with CTabCtrl
I've got function which add CPropertyPage to CPropertySheet. void addPage(CPropertyPage * my_new) { m_startSheet->AddPage(my_new); index = m_startSheet->GetPageIndex(my_new); CTabCtrl * pTab_p = m_startSheet->GetTabControl(); CString s = "Blablabla"; TC_ITEM ti_p; ::ZeroMemory(&ti_p, sizeof(ti_p)); char szText_p[100]; ti_p.mask = TCIF_TEXT; ti_p.pszText = szText_p; ti_p.cchTextMax=100; strcpy(szText_p,s);//problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERIFY(pTab_p->SetItem(indeks,&ti_p)); //problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!! } An...

Moving servers
Okay, we are in the process of moving from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. Completely new sites, the servers are not connected to each other and the way we are doing it is as follows: Mail to name@aaa.com is still coming into the Exchange 5.5 server. The users mailbox is set to rewrite to an Internet address (name@bbb.com). Mail to name@bbb.com is coming into the Exchange 2003 server. The users mailbox on this server has the mail@aaa.com account set to default - so the name@bbb.com is not really visible. The above works well and is okay for us whilst we are moving users across. The i...

Calendar web page
Hello, I trying to include my Outlook calendar as a page on my web site and I want to include a link back to the Home page but can't get it to work. When I split the frame to include a space for the link, it doesn't show up in the browser. Thanks, Kent ...

outlook keeps saying offline how to get over this problem?
I can not get Microsoft office outlook to open keeps saying that cannot open offline and that I can not get on line connection with it even though my internet was on line. I need this to sync my mobile urgently so anyone got any ideas????? PLEASE!! ...

Problems with Cached exchange mode
I've posted a question several days ago regarding problems with Cached exchange mode It is similar to the phenomena described in this forum: Subject: Inbox missing items in cached mode 9/15/2005 5:01 PM PST: Some Outlook Inbox items don't appear in Cached exchange mode. If I uncheck cached mode, all the Inbox items appear. The problem is solved when I moved all messaged to other folder! I am now sure it is related to non-english messages I recieved (from Italy) or messages from IBM Lotus notes mail. I didn't isolate the exact problematic message yet but from some reason it...

error.type command problem in Excel 97
Please notify me if I am posting to the wrong group. REF: I am using Excel 97. I am using ERROR.TYPE command to detect a failed VLOOKUP command. In cell J7, I place the following VLOOKUP command: =VLOOKUP($F$9,QB_Rpt!$B$1:$G$100,4,FALSE) In another cell (A1) , I place the following command: =IF(ERROR.TYPE($J$7)=7,0,$J$7) If the VLOOKUP fails, cell J7 = #N/A (which I believe is error type 7), and cell A1 displays $0.00 as desired. However, if the VLOOKUP is successful, cell J7 = $90.00 (the lookup value), but cell A1 displays #N/A, rather than the desired value of $90.00. This is the sa...

File name problems
I am using Microsoft Office 97 on Windows XP and I am encountering a problem when saving a file. No matter how you type the filename, it only saves to the first letter of the filename (example home becomes h) Any way around this problem? Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away. http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30916%2442320250%24a501280a%40phx.gbl And maybe this will help: HOW TO: Use Windows Program Compatibility Mode in Windows XP http://support.microsoft....