Excel #6

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

I downloaded RETScreen to my Windows thru Parallels, I cannot open the program.
 I notified RETScreen tech support and was told that Office 2008 will not support this program (it has 80,000 pieces of information).
0
RRusty (1)

Is there a question here?

Office 2008 "will not support it" - nor is there any reason why it should be
expected to - because Office 2008 is for Mac OS X. RETScreen is a Windows
Only program. The issue is that RETScreen won't run on OS X because its
developer doesn't support Macintosh, it has nothing to do with Office 2008.
If they supplied a Mac-Compatible version of RETScreen Excel 2008 would most
likely "support it" as well as Excel 2000, 2002 or 2003.

Their home page specifically states the program requirements:

"Software & Data Requirements: Microsoft� Excel 2000 or higher; Microsoft�
Windows 2000 or higher; and Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or higher. Please
make sure that the latest updates from Microsoft (www.microsoft.com), for
Windows and Excel are installed on your computer."

It sounds like you'll need a copy of some version of Excel for Windows to
run on your Parallels Windows VM.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<RRusty@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Intel
>
> I downloaded RETScreen to my Windows thru Parallels, I cannot open the
> program.
> I notified RETScreen tech support and was told that Office 2008 will not
> support this program (it has 80,000 pieces of information).

0
CyberTaz

Problems inserting pictures in Excel 2002 sp-2
When inserting a picture into a work sheet, nothing shows up but the outline/edit box. If you grab the box and move it on the sheet, the picture will appear. If you scroll up or down, the portion of the picture that goes off screen will not show up when you scroll back to the center of the screen. Grab and move it again and it shows up again.... HELP?????? My IT guy is lost on this one! It sounds more like a windows display problem to me. Do you have the zoom factor set to 100%? (It may help.) But maybe you could try closing other applications or changing the display settings. I use...

Excel functions
Hi everyone, Hope somebody could help me with these problems. Problem #1. row 1 =DSUM(database,field,'$A4:$A5) where A4 = "destin"; A5 = "Consolidator 1" row 2 =DSUM(database,field,'$A6:$A7) where A6 = "destin"; A7 = "Consolidator 2" ..... row n =DSUM(database,field,'$An:$Am) where An = "destin"; Am = "Consolidator n" I waste a lot of rows for this criteria only because I do not know ho to create it another way, I mean (A4, A6 and so on) Problem #2 I have named several range of cells in workbook. I want to change...

Wrong(?) calculation result in Excel
While my calculator gives the correct result for 111,111,111 X 111,111,111 (12345678987654321, when I use Excel for the same calculation, the result I get is close, but not exact--12345678987654300. Can anyone help explain what's happening in Excel? Many Thanks, Jim Hi Go to Excel help and do a search for Specifications. In there you will see that Excel only calculates to 15 digits of precision. I'm sure others will post quoting the IEE specification that Excel works to. It's very interesting and well worth a read. -- Andy. "Jim" <jlclemen@ius.edu> wrote ...

What version of Excel converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets?
I had a 30-day trial version of Microsoft Office (which I do not know what version it was) and purchased the Student 2003 Office which no longer converts Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheets to the Excel spreadsheet. I'd like to upgrade and do not know which one to purchase. Roberta I don't know if the S&T sku for Excel limits the files to open, but in XL2003 (part of Office 2003 Pro) there is a Lotus 1-2-3 option under File>Open...>Files of type drop-down>Lotus 1-2-3 -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.ni...

Excel concatenate
Hi! I have been trying at this for a while and I am stumped. I am trying to make a list that will pair letters from a range of letters on multiple levels. Say for A,B,C,D the pairings should be AB,AC,AD,BC,BD,CD. Each letter is only used once. Then I need to do the same thing with paired results where the letters of each pair must always be different. In this example the only results should be AB-CD, AC-BD, AD-BC. The next level would be pairing the previous level but requires a minimum of 8 start letters to yield any result. This level should yield ABCD-EFGH, the next level should yield str...

Change IP address in Excel Sheet for SQL sever
We have change the IP address of our SQL Sever from 192.168.0.xxx to 192.168.0.4. This results in big problems as all our Excel Sheets with Pivots and SQL Queries in the have stopped working. Cause is that instead of using name we have used IP address in our ODBC set-up so the Excel file has the IP insted of the name of the SQL server. Now, one way to solve this is to save every sheet as XML and then change the adress, then import it and save it as an xls file again - losing graphs etc. Is there anyone that have an alternate solution to this problem and I will be eternaly greatful -...

Vertias 8.6 Exchange 2000 unable to restore public folders
Anyone has any ideas or links that will point me in the right direction on the correct way to restore a Public Folder in Exchange 2000 I'm using Veritas 8.6 Backup for Exchange. ...

insert multiple page Word document into Excel
How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the Word document? Hi this is IMHO not the way Excel will work (and I doubt this is possible) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S.W." <S.W.@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D7087D76-A4F3-46BB-90A9-FEB054B24AEB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view > the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the > Word doc...

Custom MS Excel Charts
What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries. Thanks Umair ...

Are there any significant differences in Excel 2003 from Excel 20.
I have some reference material for Excel 2002 and just wondering if it will be suitable for Excel 2003. Has anyone seen any significant differnces? Not really. You can read a review by MVP John Walkenbach on his website: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have some reference material for Excel 2002 and just wondering if it will >be suitable for Excel 2003. Has anyone seen any significant differnces? >. > ...

How to create a Sub validation list in excel?
How can i make a validation list that is dependant on a value in a cell from another validation list, for eg I choose the make of a car from a list then the list next to that changes to the models of that particular make of car, is this possible and if so please could you enlighten me See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BC9D8ED-243C-4376-9C9D-4F1F65AFACBD@microsoft.com... > How can i make a validation list that is dependant on a value in a ce...

Custom print comments in Excel 2007
Hi there There are two ways to print comments in Excel, either the WYSIWYG way (little stacked boxes over the actual worksheet) or as separate pages. Problem with the separate pages way: the comments get printed as Cell: B9 Comment: User name: Comment... Now, the cell number is not necessarly the easiest way to locate a specific cell. My question: would it be possible to replace the cell number with, for example, the content of the cell or the content of the neighboring cell? I'm not an expert in VBA programming, but if someone could point out where I should start to customiz...

Questions to exmerge 6.5.7408.1 (newest version)
- What is the maximum size of a PST file that exmerge can export to? (the ~1.8GB limit from Outlook 2002 and previos?) - We need exmerge for archiving the Excahnge Journaling Mailbox and will use the dataimportmethod=3 option in the ini file, which should export the mailbox into a pst and the delete the content of the mailbox. What will happen with messages that arrive in the mailbox during the exmerge export? Is exmerge smart enough to leave these messages in the Mailbox or does exmerge delete all messages in the mailbox after the export? Thanks in advance for any help! Franz Exmerge as...

Excel Pivot tables and charts
How do I retain pivot chart formats that I have made (esp. column colours) after refreshing the data on the source pivot table? Hi, Loss of chart formatting wwith regards to pivot charts is a know problem, which requires VBA to re apply recorded formatting. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (Q215904) <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q215904 > Cheers Andy Pauleze wrote: > How do I retain pivot chart formats that I have made (esp. column colours) > after refreshing the data on the source pivot table? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP...

syncing excel 2007...
hi all community members... I have excel 2007 and sync all my office 2007 files to a online backup. unfortunately for excel this is not done I have to restart my computer (windows ultimate) for it to be synced (the company is ‘humyo’ which I think is one of the best...) I phoned them up and was told I must have ‘some sort of lock’ on these workbooks. I have been through the settings and thought it was privacy/personal information but am lost. can someone please help and I look forward to a reply. very much appreciated. Paul. I can't think of anyth...

Ungrouping an excel spreadsheet.
I have two worksheets within one excel spreadsheet that I want to ungroup. The option to 'ungroup' is greyed out and not available to me. When I copied the content into a new spreadsheet, it brought the 'grouping' format with it. I don't know how it got grouped and I need the spreadsheets ungroup in order to sort my data. Help! Hi just click on a single tab name -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ChristineB" <ChristineB@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:7700576F-AD71-42BF-AE28-138D6BEA493C@microsoft.com... > I have tw...

Excel 2007 fails to open documents
I had no problems with MS Excel 2007 so far, and yesterdays my files saved OK, but today I found Excel can't open neither of my many spreadsheets created before. It crashes and attempts to send a report to MS. Diagnostics suggests the files are placed by MS to "disabled items", but I couldn't find in any help guidelines how to enable files back in Office 2007 (only 2003 and earlier). Also I found that if I try to go to menu MS button/Excel Options/Resources/ Contact US - Excel crashes the same way! Has anybody seen this? Any suggestions? -- VladimirF "VladimirF&q...

How do I save a worsheet from Excel 2002, for a user with Excel 2.
I know to use save as, I just don't know which one to save as. Hi excel 2000 will read version 2002 or 2003 files without any problems, so just a normal save should do it. BTW your question got trucated in the subject line, so it's a good idea to repeat the full question in the message body. Hope this helps Cheers JulieD "vkirkman" <vkirkman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99074D3E-1F9D-4B17-A474-FE22A5E6C81C@microsoft.com... >I know to use save as, I just don't know which one to save as. ...

Excel on an Intranet
I have an excel spreadsheet available on the intranet for several users to update. When one user has it open there is no message sent to other users warning them that it can't be opened. Everyone can open it at once and then save it - which of course means changes being lost. How do you force only 1 copy to be opened at a time? If users access Excel file via URL the changes they make are saved on the client (their workstation). You should come up with different solution if you want them to be able to save changes to the file on the server. I would create a shared folder with the f...

Formula in Excel #3
I have a colum that has categories that are abbreviated that i need a formula to convert the abbrevation to a word for example IF the cell has CS than it should change to Case, IF the cell has AC then it should change to Accessory. On Aug 16, 9:57=A0pm, Valcon <valconsyst...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a colum that has categories that are abbreviated that i need a > formula to convert the abbrevation to a word > for example IF the cell has CS than it should change to Case, IF the > cell has AC then it should change to Accessory. =3DIF(E3=3D"CS","Case",IF...

Starting IE 6 prompts for publisher 2003 install
Whenever I start IE 6 I get prompted to configure and then install Microsoft Publisher 2003. It fails because the install cd is not available. Is there a way to stop IE from prompting for this while I figure this out, short of uninstalling publisher. I've tried 1- repairing the publisher install (fails because I don't have the cd) 2- making the ie default editor notepad 3- reseting IE to its defaults 4- using regmon to see if there is a key I can alter (results are overwhelming) Any ideas on how to sever this connection between the 2 apps IE 6 and publisher 2003? ...

Excel 2007 -- Dates in Pivot Tables in wrong order after refresh
I am using excel 2007 to look at time series data via pivot tables. I am importing the base data from a csv flat file into a sheet in excel -- that all works fine. I have then created a pivot based on the imported data sheet which has dates as the only enty in the Column Label. When I build the pivot initially all the dates are in the correct order from the oldest on the left to the newest on the furthest right. However when I update the underlying data sheet, by adding another months data and then refresh the pivot; the new dates are shown in a haphazard order on the pivot. ...

How do I prepare a cost-volume-profit (CVP) graph using EXCEL?
How do I prepare a cost-volume-profit (CVP) graph using EXCEL? ...

Cell reference #6
Hey, I wanted to ask what technique excel uses for referencing? Excel refers to cells using either Column and row numbers, such as for example A1 or Cells(1, 1), or else by using range names you create. So for example you can select a particular cell (eg G15), or group of cells (say G15:K18), and name it "Sales" without the quotes. A more detailed question would get you a better answer though? -- Hth Kassie Kasselman Change xxx to hotmail "Vick" wrote: > Hey, > > I wanted to ask what technique excel uses for referencing? ...

how do i sync multiple copies of the same excel file?
Looking for a way to sincronize multiple copies of the same Excel file automaticly. Each time one is changes, copy it over all the others. (use VBA code). -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "graphicdoug" <graphicdoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D48C804-EC45-4F5E-BC77-DBBF295177A7@microsoft.com... > Looking for a way to sincronize multiple copies of the same Excel file > automaticly. ...