error message preventing installation of office SP1 update

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

keep getting request to install SP1 update12.1.0 and end up with this message"You can't install office 2008 SP1 update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume" I was offered 2 choices, to select my external hard drive(4101GB Free) or my Mac HD (232 GB free)- neither one works. Should I install this update or is this update not meant for the Mac version of office 2008? If not for me how can I get rid of the repeated request that I Update? When it refers to "this volume" what is it refering to if not my Mac HD? Thank you

"collectingbooks@officeformac.com" wrote:

> keep getting request to install SP1 update12.1.0 and end up with this
> message"You can't install office 2008 SP1 update (12.1.0) on this volume. A
> version of the software required to install this update was not found on this
> volume" I was offered 2 choices, to select my external hard drive(4101GB Free)
> or my Mac HD (232 GB free)- neither one works. Should I install this update or
> is this update not meant for the Mac version of office 2008? If not for me how
> can I get rid of the repeated request that I Update? When it refers to "this
> volume" what is it refering to if not my Mac HD? Thank you

See the fix here:

Install and Update Errors
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/error/install_update.html#fails1>

--
Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)

Error with VBA code
I am having error with this statement. Do anyone know what's the error with this line: ..CheckBoxes(i).Value = False Dim i As Integer For i = 1 To 19 ..CheckBoxes(i).Value = False Next i I would guess that you have fewer than 19 checkboxes. -- Jim <xiaodan86@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1178702221.638576.248520@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... |I am having error with this statement. Do anyone know what's the error | with this line: | .CheckBoxes(i).Value = False | | | Dim i As Integer | For i = 1 To 19 | .CheckBoxes(i).Value = False | Next i | ...

Error removing replica from "SYSTEM CONFIGURATION" Public Folder
I want to remove an Exchange server from the replication tab on the "SYSTEM CONFIGURATION" public folder (Exchange System Folder). I am logged on with full rights however when I remove the server I get prompted for a username and password. No matter what I type I cannot remove any of the servers and eventually I get this error:-- "Exchange System Manager The operation failed. ID no: 80004005 Exchange System Manager OK" Any ideas? I am running Exchange 2003 with SP1. DB, Is the other machine inaccessible? You might want to try turning it back on and then remove t...

Install and set up the Microsoft Office Project Add-in for Outlook
The language used by the add-in must match the language used by Outlook. For example, if Outlook uses Japanese, the add-in must also use Japanese,and If the languages do not match, the add-in will not work. How can I download Japanese add-in for Japanese outlook for Microsoft project server 2007 that installed in Engilish? Have you tried the Project Language Pack 2007 SP1? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d322ba67-b199-4503-8aff-6813b320d708 HTH "Bahram" <Bahram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Updated Office, now I'm no longer Registered
Help. I downloaded the Offixe X updates, and went to open Microsoft Word, and all of a sudden, its as if I was installing a brand new product, asking for my information, and product key (which of course, I can't find). Has anyone experienced this? Or, does anyone know if Macs store any kind of registry information? I appreciate any feedback! (other than "losing your registration key was reeeeeally smart!" :)) Thanks so much. Lisette On 12/23/06 11:58 AM, in article 1166903892.442462.51840@a3g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "lisettea@mac.com" <lisettea@mac.com> wrot...

Update Stock Price
I own Money 2002 and I've periodically done manual and online updates, but is there a way to to an online update for a stocks price that will update the historical price not only for the current day, but for any days I missed in between. Thanks in Advance for any help that can be offered. No. "Nick" <nmoshou@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:039601c398ed$e8473e00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I own Money 2002 and I've periodically done manual and > online updates, but is there a way to to an online update > for a stocks price that will update the historical pric...

Outlook 2002 and Retrieving Data Error Message
OS is Windows XP SP1 Email - Outlook 2002 SP3 Error Message: Outlook is retrieving data from the Microsoft Exchange Server <server name>. You can cancel the request or minimize this message to the Windows taskbar until Outlook closes the message automatically. Other Related Issues: At times, the message displays the correct server name and sometime it does not. At times, it displays the name of an active directory server. This only happens to workstations located in an remote office connecting to the exchange server via ADSL\VPN connection. We have one exchange 2003 server - public...

divide so no error Excel 2007
I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide one by the other and set it up on many cells. Problem is if I enter the folmula befor there are actually numbers in the two cells I get the Divide by 0 error (#DIV/0!) So How can I divide A2 / B2 only if it won't produce an error? =IF(B2=0,0,A2/B2) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Striker" <striker3070@qwest.net> wrote in message news:%23CnsJAoRJHA.5244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have a simple issue. I have two cells with numbers and I want to divide >one by the other and set it up ...

Viewing Message logs?
I am interested in viewing the log for all incoming and outgoing messages in exchange. Previously we were using Sendmail and i could view the /var/log/messages file to see when messages were received and what it did with the message. However i have not been able to find anything like that with exchange. How can i view messages that are sent and received in real time? On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:45:05 -0400, "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote: >I am interested in viewing the log for all incoming and outgoing messages in >exchange. Previously we were using Sendm...

Any idea why this is giving me a #Value! Error?
Function FrstLtrs(MyStr As String) As String Dim temp Dim i As Long TmpStr = Split(Trim(MyStr)) 'MsgBox "String" + TmpStr For i = 0 To UBound(TmpStr) If Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "OF") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "FOR") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "THE") And _ Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "AND") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "A") Then If Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) >= 65 And _ Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) <= 90 Then FrstLtrs = FrstLtrs & Left(TmpStr(i), 1) End If End If Next End Function Find the mo...

Conversion error 05-09-04
I am using access 2003. When I link or import tables from Excel XP I get a Coversion Error table for those fields which contain user defined functions. I would appreciate it if you could susgest how I can remedy this problem. Thanks, Richard Richard ...

Cusotm Office 2007 install for English, Spanish, & Chinese users
Hi, I'm working on creating a custom install of Office 2007 for my various sites. These sites include users that speak English, Spanish and Chinese. I am a bit confused on how to use language packs in order to provide multi-lingual support. From my understanding, I need to download the Spanish and Chinese language pack and place the .msp files in the Updates folder on my network install point? Does this mean when office gets installed on a Chinese computer it will be in Chinese automatically? Or does the user need to "flip a switch" to make it Chinese language? The ...

HELP- error Outlook
What's this mean and how to fix? in error dialogue box: "c:\program~1\micro~2 \office\outlook.exe" Abnormal program termination .. ...

DPM 2010 Remote Agent Install (windows firewall settings)
I'm looking for the specific ports I need to unblock in order to push the agent from the console. All the documentation references point to firewall settings for the DPM server. I'm only interested in the windows firewall settings on the client (protected machine) necessary to push the agent. If I manually install on the client the installer opens the correct ports on the firewall for the agent to function so I'm not even concerned about those settings. I just need to be able to install/uninstall from the console and have been unable to do so unless I turn off the...

how to route messages using the internet and not the VPN c
Hi, we are currently in the process of evaluating exchange 2003 in the past we used 3rd party POP3 mail servers for each office, so each office also had it's own MX record no problem that way..BUT now we implemented AD and one of the exch2k3 server is the US is holding the Primary dns MX record for the company the same MX record that we want everyone else to use ( i.e someone@company.com ) regardless to which office they are located in. when the mail is being intercepted on the primary mail server, it's routing itself via the AD GC's servers internally on the vpn connection, becasu...

MS Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Student Teacher version 2008. I have MS Office installed on three different MAC's with three individual codes (Allows for three installs). When MS Office is running on my wife's MAC Book, and I run it my iMAC, I get an error message that I'm exceeding the licenses. I'm not. How do I get this to stop?? <xVVAtc@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have Student Teacher version 2008. I have MS Office installed on three > different MAC's with three individual codes (Allows for three insta...

HTTP Error 401.2
Hi, I have installed MS CRM 1.2 on my Domain controller running windows 2003 standard server and email router on exchange 2003. My local ip subnet is 172.0.0.x With ms vpn connection, I can access to ms crm by using outlook 2003 or internet explorer by opening the default ms crm page remotely. However, if i connect to ms crm with different subnet 10.0.0.x, i cannot connect to ms crm. 10.0.0.x subnet is routed to 172.0.0.x, where my users normally login email from the exchange 2003. What puzzle me is why i can authenticate from exchange 2003 but not ms crm server on using the same...

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

Automatic Update application ignores permissions
I have a managed account on my computer - I've allowed the user to launch all Office applications except the Updater, Remove Office, and the Handheld Sync Installer. However, if the user clicks "Check for updates" in the Help menu in Word, the Updater application launches, and the AU daemon is put in the list of applications to startup on login. I guess this is the place to report such a bug - does anyone know how to prevent the user from launching the Updater application in this way? Does the user account have the "Allow Supporting Programs" box in the allow/disall...

color palette full message
How do I erase all the custom colors in the color palette? I am trying to edit a legend key color in an Excel graph embedded into a PowerPoint presentation. It won't let me change the color (Office Professional 2003) I've tried changing the color in both programs without a resulting change in the graph legend color. Thanks. In PowerPoint, fully select the Excel chart and the Excel toolbars should appear replacing PowerPoint's. Tools / Options / Color, select colour in the palette to be customized, Modify color Regards, Peter T "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.micro...

out of office to internet
We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out of office responses for internet from System Manager. any idea is appreciated.. In ESM, under Global Settings/Internet Message Formats. kazi wrote: > We r using sbs2003. Out of office only works internally even I've enabled out > of office responses for internet from System Manager. > > any idea is appreciated.. -- Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS. Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org Free Internet calling - www.skype.com Free SQ...

'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! 2nd Request
I just upgraded my Dell PII 400 from W2000 SP4 to WXP SP1. I was having a lot of problems with Outlook XP crashing multiple times while in use, which was 1 reason for the upgrade, as Outlook is current, with all available updates having been applied. Under XP, when I start Outlook, 9 out of 10 times I get a message box entitled: 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library' with the text: 'Runtime Error! Program: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\OUTLOOK.EXE abnormal program termination.' When I click OK, Outlook closes. The next time, it starts OK, but has to scan the Personal f...

Downloading process for Office Standard 2007 online
I experienced a severe computer failure and when it was repaired, I lost my installed programs. I need to get back on Outlook and Word, but only have the program key for the Office Standard 2007 program. How do I get to the screen where I can input my program key to get the process started? You need the Office installation cd in order to reinstall "Jack" <Clear@view.com> wrote in message news:8777DDC2-9BED-4B0D-8EC0-F1A35D5DE37C@microsoft.com... >I experienced a severe computer failure and when it was repaired, I lost my > installed programs. I need to get...

Multiple copies of E-Mail messages
I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional operating system. Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with incoming e-mail messages. I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least four different accounts, from at least two different servers. When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts. So what I end up with is three copies with three different TO: addresses. This only happens ...

Polling Error
I keep receiving this error when polling one location. "<<Post Message>> No response was received for Message Type 3 (Worksheet Status) We are running RMS V1.2 sp2. The site polls to HQ twice a night. The worksheet is a 401. We get the store data and batch information but it disrupts the interstore transfers. any Help? I'd start checking the event viewer logs on all machines involved, and any other logs the transfer program might have as a start... "Paul Houston / Eastern National" wrote: > I keep receiving this error when polling one location. > &q...

error message 80080005
all the answers on the board are from last year windows vista home premium 32 bit Hello Larry, Fresh from 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=887cb668-67b2-4b8f-bbe3-09c97244db84&mid=887cb668-67b2-4b8f-bbe3-09c97244db84 "larry" wrote: > all the answers on the board are from last year > > windows vista home premium > > 32 bit Hello Larry, Fresh from 2010 http://www.microsoft.com/communities/ne...