Entourage Rules Database Corrupt

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I get a message that the Rules Database is corrupt and Entourage will not start.  I have rebuild the database and still be a error. <br><br>I am using a MacBook Pro.
0
NJV

Corrupt MS Money Backup File
On accident, I deleted my ms money file, and it is long gone, although I tried an undelete program. I tried to restore my backup file, however, disk 1 was unreadable. I was able to recover the mbf file from the floppy using some special software, but still MS Money says it is corrupt. I even tried the repair utility in MS Money. Does anyone else have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin ...

Reply rule doesn't work consistantly
I've got an Outlook 2003 client and we are trying to setup a rule to emulate the Out of Office Assistant. I've setup a rule that is supposed to send reply with a template if the sender is from a list of contacts that I've chosen. It isn't working as expected. The first time I tried it, I entered only one (internet) email address which worked perfectly. If I add any addresses to that list, it doesn't work anymore - the reply is not sent. I know that it can reply to internet email addresses, since it worked that one time, but I can't figure out why it won't work when...

Outlook 2003 and Rules
I'm currently using outlook 2003 hooked to an exchange server (SBS 2003) and would like to create a rule that is processed when the mail is read. I thought in previous version this was possible. I need all email to go to the inbox when it comes in, and once read get moved to other folders. Is there a way to do this in 2003? -- Thanks Wayne Sepega Jacksonville, Fl "When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity." - Albert Einstein The same way in wh...

Deleted Entourage calendar events not deleting in iCal
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: imap Hi, <br><br>Here's yet another sync oddity regarding Entourage and iCal/Mobileme. When I delete a calendar item in my Entourage calendar, it is not getting deleted in iCal and MobileMe and, hence, my iPhone. Even when I sync the iPhone manually via iTunes, the deleted item remains. Any thoughts on how to correct this would be appreciated. <br><br>Thank you. ...

Tim Sneed: How do I restore/repair a partially converted database?
Tim, If you don't put your question in the Message area, many of us can't answer it. There's a little bug where hitting Reply with an empty Message causes an error. Also the Subject often get truncated. Please put a very brief description Subject and further explain in the Message area. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. ...

Moving Exchange logs and database
I am attempting to move the log and database files for Exchange 2003. I have followed all the steps listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=821915 However, the log files are still being written to the old log folder. Are there any subsequent steps that need to be followed? Is it just a matter of waiting? Thank you for your help, Nick Are you sure you're looking at the right logs? Did you make the change for all storage groups? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <nicenick@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158769...

Can a form update a database?
I need to create a conference call agenda/meeting minutes template. On it I'd like to use check boxes to note who of the invitees showed up. I'd like to be able to get a listing of all the people (who may or may not be invited to all meetings) and the dates they attended. Can a form in Excel populate a database or could the form populate another Excel file? I'm real stupid about how to do things like this - does anybody have advice or maybe even a simple example? Thanks! I'd put the checkboxes in column A (say A1:A20) and link each checkbox to the cell underneath the check...

Entourage won't forward attachments
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a user that is no longer able to forward attachments. When she clicks Forward on a message that has attachments the message is preserved but the attachments are lost. I know she could use &quot;Forward as Attachment&quot; but then the person on the receiving end of the message has to open the original message to get to the attachment. These are just normal files in the attachments, jpeg's, pdf's ect. Also, the machine is running fully updated 13.0.4 entourage EWS conne...

Preparing a Access Database for a Website
Preparing a database for the Internet website: Whether it's php, asp, or PERL or any other odbc language, the database should be prepared, right? I mean encryption, etc. Is the database editable while it is encrypted? ...

Incoming Outlook Rules with Exchange Server
Hi, Please could some one help me out with this. I have exchange server hosting multiple SMTP domains. Eg each user will have: bob@domain1.com bob@domain2.com bob@domain3.com All I am trying to accoplish is an incoming mail rule that moves all mail from domain1.com to folderA, domain2.com to folderB. But because exchange doesn't show outlook the SMTP Address the mail was received on the Rules cant work. Something that is so easily configured with a POP account is a real pain on exchange. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You Have you tried modifying to rule to work off th...

Vanishing Entourage Message Text
OK, so here's a good one. On the MacBook Pro, running latest OS and up to date Office 2004, some email messages display no text. Toggling the "display complex HTML" does not resolve this. If I get the same message forwarded through another user, it often displays properly. Suggestions? Dan Hi Dan, are you by any chance connected to an Exchange 2003 server? If yes, Microsoft released a patch a week or two ago which introduced a bug in OWA. They are aware of the problem and working on a fix. If that does not explain your problem, you'll have to post back and be more sp...

Database SQL query
Sorry for this post here. If someone knows a group I can go to for this question, please let me know. I have a program in MFC that accesses and updates an Access database. The problem is I can't figure out how to add a field which contains a word with a single apostrophe ie (St. Vincent's). I'm using the CDaoDatabase and CDaoRecordset classes. I understand that DAO is interpreting the apostrophe as some type of terminator but there must be a way around the issue. MS Access has information on how to do it in Access VB but that doesn't seem to work in MFC. Thanks Ughh ...

What file to look for on my hard drive back up to recover my Entourage contact list?

Corrupted emails in inbox
there are 9xx emails in the inbox(server) but no email show up. but i can search them out by searching "o" i tried to move them to a pst file and lastly i found 4 emails which i could not delete, shift-delete or move. apart from creating a new mailbox, how can i remove them? Thanks a lot. Tony What server are you using and how are you connected to it? If it's Exchange, try using Outlook Web Access to delete the problem messages - this often works. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "tony wong" wrote: > there are 9xx emails in the inbox(serve...

How to create a certain rule??
How can I create a rule that every time a users sends an email it also sends a copy of that email to another users inbox? I tried using the RULES wizzard but that didnt seem to help. Im also not sure if this is done on the Exchange server. User has OFFICE XP - 2002 You already posted this in the outlook.general group were I've answered it. Do not multi-post but simply address more than one (if relevant) newsgroup in a single post -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the mo...

Rule to distribute sent mail
I have 3 mail accounts and I want one (or more) rules like this: Apply the rule after I send the message Through the _specified_ account Move it to the _specified_ folder and mark it as read The problem is that the only option I see, in the Rules wizard, is "move a copy". Furthermore, when I use that option, just to test the rule, the message that was copied to the _specified_ folder looks unread. That's why in my rule I want to add the option "and mark it as read". Any ideas? (Vista Home Premium - Office 2007 Pro) -- Please remove hyphens to contact me ----- ...

One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated.
I originally posted this topic in the Outlook newsgroup but I am not sure if it was the right section for that so I will try here. We are running Exchange 2003 and we have a problem with just one user receiving the following error: "One or more rules could not be uploaded to Exchange server and have been deactivated. This could be because some of the parameters are not supported or there is insufficient space to store all your rules." I already checked the following MS KB and it does not apply: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886616 This user does not have too many rules - this...

How do I change the "and" to "or" with multiple Rules (and Alerts)
In Outlook you can configure rules in the "Rules and Alerts" Wizard by checking various options such as "from people or distribution list", "with specified words in the subject", etc. etc. When you check 2 or more of these , they are listed with "and" between each rule, but I need them to be listed with "or", how can I change that? Create separate rules. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.mso...

An exception is thrown when my Access 2002 database file size reaches 1 GB
Hi guys The case is as follows: Convert our MS Access 97 database template to an MS Access 2002 template and test that an exception is not thrown when the database reaches 1 GB. The file size limit for MS Access 2002 database is 2 GB. Test environment: Clean computer with XP SP 1 MS JET 4.0 SP7 MDAC 2.8 Our DAO application writing data to our converted database. (The DAO application is written in VC++, unmanaged code). After some failing tests also Visual Studio.NET was installed, but that did not help. When the database is filled with records an reaches 1 GB an exception is thrown from t...

sharing database and getting notification when new entries are mad
I am new to Access but here's what I am trying to do. I want to put a database on a network share that will be used by several people who will be able to add in records. I would like to be notified via email when new entries are made, how would I go about doing that? Why would you want that? When the db is used frequently you'll be bombarded with emails. You might have to figure out first what it is you want to be updated for. If you want it all you will create a lot of networktraffic just by sending constant emails. Not to mention the fact that you have to catch every insert...

I need an access database to track school attendance and grades
Does anyone have a database developed in Access that can be used to track college attenance, grades, billing, etc? Thanks Call me silly, but every college I know of has multi-million-$ computer systems and canned software for that. Any college that would be using Access for this must have a total enrollment of about 50 students. Or are you doing this as a college class assignment? "Lost in Alabama" wrote: > Does anyone have a database developed in Access that can be used to track > college attenance, grades, billing, etc? > > Thanks ...

Save Query Results as table to another Access Database
I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in sql server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel. Occasionally the reports are too big for excel. I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4 stored procs as tables in a new Access database. right now I have it returning the results as a query. How do I save the results in another database? Thanks, -- Billy Rogers Dallas,TX Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003 Hi Billy The following SQL statement should do it for you: SELECT * INTO [TableName] I...

Rules Work Sporadically
I use an email classification tool (POPfile . . . getpopfile.org) that marks each email header using X-Text-Classification. I then set up rules in Outlook to recognize the header text and move the email to the proper folder. Here is the problem: sometimes Outlook places the email into the correct folder and sometimes it just lets the email pass through into the default folder even though the header reflects the proper X-Text-Classification. Does anyone have any idea why this rule would only work sporadically? Thanks. ...

How to tell if a mailbox has an Autoforwarding rule enabled?
I was wondering if there is a way to centrally see if users have or not enable Autoforwarding rules on the mailbox. The idea is to avoid looping issues and autoforwarding to all users in the Org. And just want to know if i can report or search for an attribute somewhere that could tell me if autoforwarding is enabled or not. Thanks a lot in advance for your help! Martin H. ...

Moving SQL Express Database
Hey, We have a client on 3.0 with a user that switched machines while in offline mode. They installed the Laptop client on the new machine and now they need to move the SQL Express db from the old machine to the new one. How can we make this happen? Is there a database file we can copy and move to the new machine?? Any help would be great... ...