Entourage in Office for Mac 2008 features #3

Some of the features I used every day in Office 2004 appear to be gone. How do you save a contact without having to create a new window every time? There used to be a "Save" box at the bottom of the "Create Contact" box. Now you have to click "More", then go back into Address Book, create a new Create Contact window and make 3 steps in what used to be one simple, save and the box re-appeared blank.
0
Foosh (17)

I just found you can add the "Save and New" icon to the toolbar.
0
Foosh (17)
1/25/2008 3:00:56 PM
In article <ee8a70a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com
wrote:

> Some of the features I used every day in Office 2004 appear to be gone. How
> do you save a contact without having to create a new window every time? There
> used to be a "Save" box at the bottom of the "Create Contact" box. Now you
> have to click "More", then go back into Address Book, create a new Create
> Contact window and make 3 steps in what used to be one simple, save and the
> box re-appeared blank.

Just close the window (either with CMD-w or with the red gumdrop) - your
info will be saved.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
1/25/2008 3:11:07 PM
On 1/25/08 7:11 AM, in article
jemcgimpsey-1D4F50.08110725012008@news.microsoft.com, "JE McGimpsey"
<jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

> In article <ee8a70a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com
> wrote:
>
>> Some of the features I used every day in Office 2004 appear to be gone. How
>> do you save a contact without having to create a new window every time? There
>> used to be a "Save" box at the bottom of the "Create Contact" box. Now you
>> have to click "More", then go back into Address Book, create a new Create
>> Contact window and make 3 steps in what used to be one simple, save and the
>> box re-appeared blank.
>
> Just close the window (either with CMD-w or with the red gumdrop) - your
> info will be saved.

And, if you go under the View pulldown menu to Customize Toolbar, you can
add a  "Save and New" icon

0
nnager1050 (113)

MS Outlook 2003 #3
Hi, I've installed Outlook 2003, my OS is W2K Pro, daily updated from Live Update, all works fine except the send/receive when I enter the MSOutlook 2003. Basically, once I click the icon in my desktop, nothing happens, to download my mail I have to click the Send/Receive button on the menu bar. Of course the box into the options is set (by default) to send immediately when connected, I did not touch anything of the default values, so it is as I have originally installed. In addition, my system is clean because I've installed a new HD, everything runs very smooth except this. No anit...

Trouble launching Office apps
Hi: I recently purchased a 17" G4 laptop and can't get any of Microsoft office X applications to launch. 1. In Jaguar I removed the Office v.X Test Drive with the Remove app. 2. Then I install Office v.X and get this error message. "Microsoft Word (any office program) cannot load the Microsoft Office Shared Libraries. The files may have been moved from the original locations. Try the following: Move Word back to the Microsoft Office folder (or to where it ws originally installed) OR Reinstall Word to make sure that all files are installed correctly." I then do remo...

EXCEL SPREADSHEETS #3
TRYING TO SET UP SPREETSHEET TO MONITOR CASHIERS OVER SHORT Let us know what you have tried and what parts you are stuck on and we can then give you some specific help. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- "LADY" <LADY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6...

How the heck do I plot 'my text' for the X axis? (instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.)
Hi, I'm using XL2002 & Win2000Pro. How can I display the week numbers (as shown) in the x axis, rather than 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. that M$ uses. Here's my data Week 11 12 13 14 Sales A 43 55 48 32 Sales B 32 36 41 29 Here's what I want the axis's to look like 50 40 30 20 10 0 11 12 13 14 How do I do it? Many thanks!!! Norm Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good Option 1: Del...

How to find Watch window in Office X VB Editor (Mac OS X)
Greetings all, Apologies if this is a FAQ here but I've searched google for over an hour with no result. I've just updated to a new machine, running Mac OS X (Tiger) and installed Office X (after updates, 10.1.6). I have dozens of legacy Excel files with all manner of VB code in them from my Excel 5 under Mac OS 8.6 and I'm trying to make them work under this new system environment. One major problem is that I can't figure out how to get out a Watch window!!! I've looked until I'm blue in the face and there is nothing in any menu which will bring out a windo...

Out of Office Assistant #29
This is not on the Tools menu of Ooutlook 2002, and the Help fix is to: On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options. Click Add-In Manager. Select the option Exchange Extensions commands. This is checked and still no Out of Office - is there another install this needs? "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019001c3db95$2eb3ef20$a401280a@phx.gbl... > This is not on the Tools menu of Ooutlook 2002, and the > Help fix is to: On the Tools menu, click Options. > Click the Other tab, and then click ...

Macro #3
I have an Excel sheet that needs to individualy copy something from the cell directly above to the cell directly below. I need this to happen 2,000 times. If I try and copy and paste the entire range at once it doesn't work. I have to copy and paste each cell one at a time. How can I write a macro that will copy from the cell above it and paste it in the cell below (2,000 times) Thanks, Don Ask your question in an Excel forum. This one is for questions about Outlook. "Don" wrote: > I have an Excel sheet that needs to individualy copy > something from the ce...

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS MLM PROGRAM(turn $3.7 in to 1,434,892.8 by e-gold) #2
It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. Hello every body , Im Behrooz Farhangirad , After so much seeking and asking about a good MLM program that not to be a fraud , guaranteed earnings, low investment with a high and fast payments , pay with e-gold , free and simple join and some other services for free such as advertising ,.... I m be glad to introduce one of them , I joined to this program two weeks ago, and i have got a good result ,you can see my earning bill if you want ,contact me. I strongly recommend you to join , follow me: 1) You should open an e-gold account for...

Calendar sharing #3
Hi to all of you Where would be the best place to start looking and learning about Outlook's calendar and it's sharing possibilities The idea is that five people should each have their own calendar and that each one should be able to see where the others are (or supposed to be anyway) And also we should be able to organise meetings etc for each other In the official book there is very little about this and the help file is helpful but not a tutorial Thank you for any advice or pointer Rex rthompson <roubliemoithompson@softscreen.be> wrote: > Hi to all of you &...

Out of Office Reply #13
I am trying to figure out how to set an out of office reply. I don't see the Out of Office Assistant and I tried to follow the directons to make sure the exhange add-in's were in my Outlook. I know we must have Microsoft Exchange because 2 of my co-workers use this on their email all of the time. Can anyone help me get my outlook to see the out of office assistant...thanks. Your co-workers may be using something else besides the Out of Office Assistant to create automatic replies -- if you don't know whether or not you have Exchange, it's quite possible you don't. What...

Customization Guide #3
Looking over the newsgroup, I see that some people have access to the Customization Guide and aren't partners. I am requesting for someone to possibly send me a copy if they don't mind. I'm not doing this at the expense of current Partners, I just don't have the level of information as a current CustomerSource subscriber that I require to do business. Also, my Partner is not very forthcoming. I wish to continue implementing and using RMs at my site. If someone has this resource would they be kind enough to forward this information to me? kevinfisher @ gmail .com Thank you fo...

Background Banking #3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C8FFEB.B4206B00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I keep getting a message from Microsoft Money telling that the = background backing has stopped working and if a solution is found it = will let me know. I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to = help me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks. --=20 Stoney E. Whitaker ------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C8FFEB.B4206B00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer...

Sorting more than 3 pieces of data??
Wow, I've _never_ had this happen before. I have a spreadsheet that has 4 columns, 3 that are often extremely similar. It's the 4th one that has the most variation in the data, and it's not getting sorted. I must have then sort by the four, unfortunately. As only 3 fields come up in the data sort option, was wondering if anything can be done? Thanks. First sort all data only by that column that you'd indicate as the last (4th) field in the sort by tool. Then sort all the data again by the first 3 columns. Hi Sub-sorts stick. So 1) sort by criteria 3, 4 2) sort by c...

Import failed 3.0
Hello, I try to import some contacts. During the importwizzard everything seems to be fine. If I look in the view of bulkimport- no reccord was importet. Reason: Data in row did not match the import type. I try .txt an .csv for importing without success. Wath is your opinion? Hello, I had this pb yesterday. In fact in the txt or csv file, the parent account cannot be the account name, but the AccountID. The AccountID is an internal number, you can find it in the table dbo_Account. "Gerd Gottschall" wrote: > Hello, I try to import some contacts. During the importwizzard...

Electronic publishing someone who knows-how to 3 panel publish
I want to save my brochure so that it is not just 2 pages but looks like a 3 panel brochure that I would print -but I want to include it in an email and have it look like a 3 panel brochure is that possible. I was having trouble publishing to web-put I don't want to publish to a web page, just have someone who I want look at this brochure in electronic form but look at it as it would be if they received it if I handed it to them, and it wouldn't be like a regular page, it would be like a brochure-can I do this digitally for them to see like in an email? How to do? thank you!! P...

Working on a MAC with PowerPoint
I hope someone can help me. I've got the whole Office Suite for MAC on my Macbook Pro. I love working with PPT and I've created a nice presentation for our staff to view. Now, I know to save the presentation as a .ppsx so that it will open as only as a slide show. My problem is that I've used certain MAC fonts in my presentation that may not be found on PC's so therefore, if I run the presentation on a PC it looks different because it tries to use different fonts in place of the ones that I used on the MAC. Is there a way to just have PPT launch exactly wha...

Promotion: Upgrade Mac 2008?!
Hello, I bought in October the Office 2004 version with the ption to upgrade for 10$ on Mac 2008 after its launch. Today I wanted to complete the forms etc. and found another promotion "Super Suite Deal", where you get for only 6.99$ the Mac Special Media Edition, but only for purchases between Nov 1st and Jan 14th. And I couldn't find the form for the normal "promotion", because I'm excluded form this because of my earlier purchase date... Can anybody help me and tell me if I can still apply for Mac 08? Maybe I can also apply for the Media Edition?! Thank you! ...

Antivirus for Exchange 2003 #3
What is the best program for Antivirus for Exchange 2003? We use message labs for our first line defenses, but we need antivirus software that runs on our servers for first line defenses. We have use GFI now, however dispite what happened last week, I don't feel like they are being very sincere about ensuring us that this will happen again. Thanks in advance. Many have different thoughts on who is the best and why, however my personal favorite is Sybari's Antigen. It is a mult-engine product, so one isn't sinking all the eggs in one basket so to speak. FWIW, while th...

Office for Mac X and new iMacPro
Got a new iMacPro. Using firewire, copied everything, including Office Mac X, to iMacPro from old iMac (not a laptop). When I tried to use Word or Excel from either the dock icons or files, Office Test Drive Word or Excel showed up. So I put Test Drive in the trash, deleted Test Drive icons from dock and replaced them with icons linked to Office Mac X. All is fine except for one glitch: can't open files; have to open application and then open file from the ap. I called Apple help. Was told to remove all Office applications, X and 2004 Test Drive, from my computer and then re-install...

Out of office assistant #2
When enabling out of office assistant from Outlook, senders receive the message 1 time. Is there a way for the senders to receive the out of office assistant message every time they send an email to the recipient. Thanks Ted: There is no built-in way from either Outlook or Exchange that I'm aware of. In this situation, the user would be better off creating a rule with an "out of office" message that will reply to all messages received. The Out of Office Assistant is really just a rule itself, but you can't get to all its settings like in a standard rule. Regards, Marti...

Out of Office will not tell user that it is on
Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he turns it on, it will not pop him with the message that his out of office reply is on, would he like to turn it off....this is very important to him and I really need to find a solution to this problem. Anyone have any ideas? I have tried turning it off and then back on with no success. Pain in the Outlook wrote: > Office 2003/internal user/Exchange 5.5/Widows XP/Dell Optiplex > > I have a user who uses Out of Office a lot. Unfortunately, once he > turn...

Cannot create new? In all office 2003 applications
Everything in office 2003 Pro - excel, ppt, even outlook many functions are greyed out all of a sudden. I tried installing and reinstall outlook and that didnt change anything. Also one thing I noticed was that when I reinstalled office 2003 (done thru cd, and add/remove) it still had my settings stored when I installed it again, like mu email accounts,k emails were intact. Any ideas, why am i having this grrey out, worked fine until yesterday. Could you do a Restore on your system? "Vakul" wrote: > Everything in office 2003 Pro - excel, ppt, even outlook many functions a...

office 07: auto powerpoint charts using named range data in excel
i am trying to create code that goes down a list of named excel ranges and creates a complete ppt chart (title with graph and annotated text), one for each excel range. the chart will be customized based on the contents of the named excel range. there may be easier ways, but i thought that if i could reference and change the ppt chart data directly from the excel file procedure, i can set it equal to the excel file data range name that i want. i have been trying to use sourcedata and chartdata but i keep getting compiler errors. any help is welcome, even if it is a reference book that...

Prefiltering CRM 3.0 Reports
Hi, I'm hoping someone can throw some light onto this one! I have a CRM 3.0 installation running on a Windows 2003 Small Business Server with SQL 2005 and reporting services (2005). I create a report using Visual Studio 2005 and the Report Wizard, to list all of the active accounts. I upload the report using CRM. The report runs fine, until i want to filter it. So, back in Visual Studio i create an alias CRMAF_TableName. And re-upload the report. The report still runs, but it will not let me filter the report. I could do with filtering the report. I read somewhere that i might ne...

Office 2007
Can I load Officew pro 2007 onto a microsoft XP home operating system plw41 wrote: >Can I load Officew pro 2007 onto a microsoft XP home operating system > > > YES. Yes, provided you have the latest WinXP critical updates "plw41" <u58940@uwe> wrote in message news:a5752f95d717c@uwe... > Can I load Officew pro 2007 onto a microsoft XP home operating system > DL wrote: > Yes, provided you have the latest WinXP critical updates > Not necessarily. You only need SP2 on WinXP. you are a jobless drug junkie and so you are not ...