Eligibility of Office v.X for upgrade to 2008

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Hi,
I have not found a reference to this already. I am interested in knowing if Office v.X for Mac is eligible for upgrade to 2008.
I do not want to purchase the upgrade before knowing this.
v.X was released in 2001 (I believe) which is after some of the other eligible products which the popup window on the MS web site says.
Kind regards
Mark
0
mip (1)

Hi Mark;

Don't let the "year a product was released" be construed with the *Name* of
the release :-) It can be confusing.

Direct answer to your question: Yes, any edition of Office v.X qualifies for
an upgrade to Office 2008 Standard or Office 2008 Special Media. Office v.X
was released after Office 2001 & before Office 2004.

There is no upgrade pricing for the Home/Student Edition of 2008 as you
probably know. However, if you don't need Exchange Support, are willing to
do without or create your own Automator Actions, & will be using Office for
non-commercial purposes  you might want to consider buying that version
outright. It will save you a fair amount of change - the software itself is
identical in all editions contrary to popular belief :-)... And you can have
v.X & 2008 concurrently if you want to.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/2/09 4:06 AM,  "Bob Jones" <onlygeneraltaz1@com.cast.net> wrote:

> There is no upgrade pricing for the Home/Student Edition of 2008 as you
> probably know. However, if you don't need Exchange Support, are willing to
> do without or create your own Automator Actions, & will be using Office for
> non-commercial purposes  you might want to consider buying that version
> outright. It will save you a fair amount of change - the software itself is
> identical in all editions contrary to popular belief :-)... And you can have
> v.X & 2008 concurrently if you want to.

Right now Office 2008 Home & Student verions is $108.99.

<http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>

Do NOT delete Office X when you install as directed. You will most likely
need to have Entourage X open to manually move your data out. The import
from Entourage X Identities generally fails.

How to manually move your data. (when import fails and/or you need to move
to a new Identity same version or revert to an older version)

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/manual_install.html>

Once you get your data out, THEN you remove Office X.
--
Diane

Office 2008 #6
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Do I still need to have parallels running Windows, or will it run with Leopard (I have it I just need to upgrade). In article <ee98e37.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Kirby@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > Do I still need to have parallels running Windows, or will it run with > Leopard (I have it I just need to upgrade). Office 2008 is native to MacOS so you can run it in Tiger or Leopard. It will not run in Windows. ...

x-y Line Graph question
I have a line graph. X is dates and Y is numeric data. I am plotting 12/1/2005 through 1/30/2006. The problems is my series does not start at the "left most" point of 12/1/2005, it is shifted slightly. And the line does not end at the "right most" point of 1/30/2006. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks! XL has two distinct chart types even though they look similar, the XY Scatter chart and the Line chart. There is no XY Line graph. I believe you have a Line graph. Double-click the x-axis and from the Scale tab uncheck the 'Value (Y) axis crosses betwe...

How do I install Access 2003 under MS Office 2007
I am trying to install Access 2003, but because I have Office 2007 installed, the system is telling me that I need to have Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is this correct? I loaded my old Access 97 CD, but the system tells me that it can't find Office 97, 2000 or 2003. Is there an upgrade for Access 2003? What do I do? Thanks... It is generally recommended to install versions of Office/Access in the order they were published. I have done otherwise though. It is imperative that you install each version in it's own directory, otherwise they will overwrite one another and crea...

Excel and open office
I have made an excel file and protected sheets in it and even hidden some of the worksheets with macros. But when i open the xls file in Open Office (linux) It shows all the worksheets and there is no protection. I dont want to display the hidden sheets in any OS(or Package). any work arounds? Kindly help Hi Priya, workaround: Don't use Open Office or pretend it doesn't exist. Open Office is a different software program, it can read Excel files but it is not Excel. It's great for recovery of Excel files. Possibly features of exposing data while helpful in some areas a...

upgrading Money 2002 Standard to 2004
Money 2002 Standard came with my computer. It allows me to track my investments. From the comparrison chart, it appears that 2004 Standard does not have this feature. Could someone confirm this for me? Thank you. Jeff wusiwug >-----Original Message----- >Money 2002 Standard came with my computer. It allows me >to track my investments. From the comparrison chart, it >appears that 2004 Standard does not have this feature. >Could someone confirm this for me? Thank you. > >Jeff >. > ...

Reinstalling Office X After a HD Failure
My HD had a catastrophic failure and I had to replace it. Now I am = trying to=20 reinstall Office X from the most recent upgrade disk (I've purchased = every=20 upgrade for as long as I have been using Office) and the software is = looking=20 for the older version for upgrade verification. =20 I've systematically "browsed" to the CDs from every earlier verion I = have, but=20 the verification is not accepted. Suggestions? Rodney Dixon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My HD had a catastrophic failure and I had to replace it. Now I am trying to > ...

X-axis labels in Excel!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Why isn't there an option any longer to change the x-axis labels from default numbers to source data from the spreadsheet? This is ABSURD! Who on earth doesn't label their x-axis??? Leave it to Microsoft to leave out something so basic and essential. At least everything looks pretty. In article <ee989b5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, eabboud@officeformac.com wrote: > Why isn't there an option any longer to change the x-axis labels from default > numbers to source data from the spreadsheet? > > This is ABSU...

Mac Office 2004 Select Version & purchasing Office 2007
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3282203639_150809 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hello, All through the Fall, our University advertised a deal from Microsoft similar to the Super Suite Deal wherein purchasing Microsoft Select Office 2004 Standard Mac for $75 would qualify one to purchase Mac Office 2008 for the $10 (just the S&H charges). Now they inform me that that Microsoft reneged (their word) on that deal and t...

Microsoft Office 2000 error 1706
I have a reoccuring error with Office 2000 on multiple machines, where it attempts to install the program every time it loads. The program install was done as a custom where all features were installed to the hard disk. The only personel that have the problem are those that are not administrators to the local machine. And even after an Administrator has used every application, a common domain user still has recieves the 1706 error. Each install is updated to SR-1 and Service Pack 3. Any input on this problem would be greatly appreciated. ...

Trying to configure two exchange accounts with Office 2007 and Exc
Hi, A few months ago at work we switched servers. We sent from the Exchange 2003 to 2007 and all computers had to be re-added to the domain. While we've had some problems here and there, there is one I have yet to solve. We have a computer running Vista, I think 32-bit, that we to configure two exchange accounts on. We use Office 2007 Enterprise edition. And while I can get both accounts working within the same view in Outlook 2007, I can't get them configured like I had before. One account is my own personal bus account and the other is a shared account. ...

How to remove surf.mar@ pop up in Money 2008?
I'm having a problem with Microsoft Money 2008 Plus Home & Business and I think it must be a security setting thats not set right, but I can't find where to change it. It has something to do with Internet Explorer & Money (according to Google search). When I first open up the program it immediately pops up a box saying: Do you want to open or save this file? Name: MNY1CB4.surfplace Type: SurfBoard Shim Doc Object View, 1.50KB From: surf.mar@ I click open and it will load the login page. I enter my login and it says the exact same thing over again. I hit open and i...

Office 2007 non-commercial use + Code 78F when updating
Hi All, Have a couple questions relating a Vista/Office 2007. We bought a sony vaio laptop that came pre-intalled with a trial license of office 2007. I un-installed Office completely and install a fresh copy of our partner license copy of office 2007, but when loading any office application now its shows 'Microsoft Outlook non-commercial use' and same for word,excel, etc. Anyone have any idea why this is? Second question is relating to windows updates in Vista; I get an error Code 78F when trying to install any update, and the soultions i try doesnt seem to resolve this issue....

no updates since 2008
I am trying to update an old machine, but when I go to the express otion, it comes back with no updates are needed. I look on the history and the last updat is from June of 2008. Any clues why this is happening? dms21032 wrote: > I am trying to update an old machine, but when I go to the express > otion, it comes back with no updates are needed. I look on the > history and the last updat is from June of 2008. Any clues why > this is happening? No clues as to what OS and what service pack it might be? Even what architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) the OS is... So - n...

NewsMaestro Usenet Supertool v. 4.4.8 for Windows/Linux/Unix released
Download page: http://rapidshare.com/files/118192521/NewsMaestro_4.4.8_Src.zip (Hit Free button to download. For some download managers you need to open the .html file it downloaded to do actual download.) * Documentation update. * Bug fix in Archive 2 HTML generator while doing ReChapter. News Maestro is a power tool for usenet that automatically performs any standard Usenet operation, as specified in various RFCs, individually, or in bulk, on any number of groups and articles, utilizing sophisticated filters to select the articles to be processed. As an automated tool to do anything you...

Upgrade from Money 97 to 2004 and additional ?
I have been operating in Money 97 since the beginning of time. I have recently obtained Money 2004, and wished to ask the user group of any issues prior to upgrading to the latest edition. They are both Standard editions, as it is used for personal home use. I appreciate any assistance offered to avoid pitfalls. Secondly, I have discovered that I have incorrectly accounted for a Loan/Overdraft protection account that effects multiple accounts. Is there a way to make holistic changes vs. individual line items in either edition? I have been unable to find this tool, and have near...

Problem installing free trial of Office 07
My Dad's just bought a new laptop and with it comes a free 60-day trial of Microsoft Office 2007. However, when he clicks on it, he simply gets a message telling him "You are not authorised to view this page - HTTP error 401.2: Unauthorised, access is denied due to server configuration." What does this mean, and how do we correct it and download the free trial? Try this URL: http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/default.aspx BTW, This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer,...

upgrading from Money 99 to Money 2003
I successfully install Money 2003, but when I try and open my existing Money 99 .mny file the program hangs and eventually gives me an error message as follows: Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. What is wrong? Thanks, Chuck Can you create a new Money file or open any other Money files? If so, (and I suspect this to be the case), your file probably has some corruption. Try using the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;182608 Since you just upgraded, you have several options, includi...

GP 9 upgrade Intergration Manager
I upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0 today, it went well, however when I went into intergration manager, none of the code we had in our 8.0 was listed. I did run the upgrade for IM from Disc 2. I can't find any documentation on how to move your IM 8.0 over to 9.0. Does anybody have any clues? Thank you! all user defined integrations are saved in Integration Manager folder called IM.mdb. by default it is saved in C:\Microsoft Business Solution\ Integration Manager, but it can be shared on the server. find the old IM.mdb and try to import integrations from there. There is no documention...

How do I add phone/office to my outlook properties ?
I want to add my details like phone/office to my outlook properties (the ones you get on clicking on your name and selecting outlook properties among the options that appear). Can somebody guide on how to do this. The mail account I use is on an university exchange server. I tried adding the details to my University telephone directory but they are still not reflected in outlook. Do I need to contact my university exchange account administrators to get this done ? Yes, you need to contact the administrator. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: ...

How do I pass series data x-value range to a chart from a cell?
I have a series on a line chart (x-values "=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10"). I also have two worksheet cells (B1 & B2) that contain the start and end date for the x-axis of the chart. I want to be able to link the chart series data to the start and end date values so that the chart automatically adjusts when I change the dates in the worksheet cells. I can create a string or address for the x-values but how do I do not know how to pass this to the chart series?? I know I can do this using a macro, but I want to do it without macros so that friends who use MicrosoftCharts (the cheap, n...

Microsoft Office Cracks when Saving Document
Hi guys! I've a problem with the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac. Whenever I want to save any document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) it cracks, the little coloured circle appears and the program gets blocked. There's no way to save any document. I've noted, that the problem is the screen resolution. I'm using a 640x 480 resolution, but if I change it to 720 x 400 the program begins to work without problems. The problem is that I'm using a Samsung LCD Television/PC display, but the matrix of the screen is only 640x480. I used a S-video adapter to change the video input, and the...

out of the office/office assistant
outlook 2002 under tools I do not have a out of the office slection I tried to change a setting under advanced settings but this did not work. I think I need to make a registrey change but can not find one for the 2002 product. please help Out of Office works only if you connect to an Exchange server. Otherwise, you'll have to spoof it with rules - and this means leaving Outlook open & connected to the Internet for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm jay wrote: > outlook 2002 under tools I do not have a out of the > office slection I t...

I have downloaded Office 2007 but didn't get Outlook 2007. Why?
I downloaded the trial version of Office 2007 to see if my company wants it. However, the download didn't give me Outlook 2007 and I don't know why. Also, once it does get on here how do I get it work work? Thanks jeross1951 wrote: > I downloaded the trial version of Office 2007 to see if my company wants it. > However, the download didn't give me Outlook 2007 and I don't know why. Also, > once it does get on here how do I get it work work? Thanks You need to uninstall your previous version of Outlook. Then re-install Office 2007, choose "Custom" and m...

IE 8 Won't open New Window or New Tabs in Server 2008 R2
The Situation: IE 8 won't open links in a new window or a new tab either through javascript or manually using the context menus. Page > New Window still works. Clicking the new tab interface button still works. A new process is opened for the new tab but it fails at 'connecting...' This is on a domain connected development workstation running Server 2008 R2 64-Bit. Accelerators turned off, ScreenFilter turned on. VB.NET 2010 Beta installed. Recent work on a project that involves the WebBrowser control. Java is 6.17. Forefront Client Security is installed. All upd...

Release Date of V 4.0
Hi Does any one know the official release date for CRM V 4.0? Will CRM V 4.0 be available for partners before it is available for the general public? Thanks alot ...