Does upgrade to 2004 replace X?

Does an Office upgrade to 2004 from v.X replace v.X or would I have two
different versions of Office installed?  Does the Remove Office program that
comes with 2004 remove v.X as well?  I no longer have the CD for X so I'm
afraid I'll be wasting tons of space if I can't fully remove version X.

Thanks!

Sent using the Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac Test Drive.

0
armando1 (1)

In article <BD7F1503.859%armando@aya.yale.edu>,
 "Armando A. Valdes Prieto" <armando@aya.yale.edu> wrote:

> Does an Office upgrade to 2004 from v.X replace v.X or would I have two
> different versions of Office installed?  Does the Remove Office program that
> comes with 2004 remove v.X as well?  I no longer have the CD for X so I'm
> afraid I'll be wasting tons of space if I can't fully remove version X.

Installing the Office 2004 upgrade version won't replace Office v.X. The
Remove Office app will remove Office v.X, so if you don't want both
versions, remove the older version.

However, if you no longer have the CD, I would strongly consider leaving
the v.X version installed. If you ever have to reinstall Office 2004
upgrade, you'll need a previous version installed or the CD.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
9/28/2004 6:35:13 PM
On 9/29/04 3:35 AM, in article
jemcgimpsey-9F01A5.12351328092004@msnews.microsoft.com, "JE McGimpsey"
<jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

> In article <BD7F1503.859%armando@aya.yale.edu>,
>  "Armando A. Valdes Prieto" <armando@aya.yale.edu> wrote:
>
>> Does an Office upgrade to 2004 from v.X replace v.X or would I have two
>> different versions of Office installed?  Does the Remove Office program that
>> comes with 2004 remove v.X as well?  I no longer have the CD for X so I'm
>> afraid I'll be wasting tons of space if I can't fully remove version X.
>
> Installing the Office 2004 upgrade version won't replace Office v.X. The
> Remove Office app will remove Office v.X, so if you don't want both
> versions, remove the older version.
>
> However, if you no longer have the CD, I would strongly consider leaving
> the v.X version installed. If you ever have to reinstall Office 2004
> upgrade, you'll need a previous version installed or the CD.

Or, if you no longer have the CD, you can burn the copy on your HD to a CD.
Just don't lose it.

Gene van Troyer
| Office 2004 | OSX.3.4 | PBG4 | iMac 20" |

gevantry (62)

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

Find and replace 03-04-10
I'm trying to scan a field in one of my tables and find a specific character and remove it. However, the character is a " so I'm having difficulty. The field I speak of of contains the sizes of our material so the values look like this: 1/4" 1/2" 1/3" and so on. How can I find all of the " in my feild and remove them? I don't want to replace them I just want to remove them. Thanks, Chris Savedge Create a query, and in the Criteria row under the problem field, enter: Like "*[""]*" -- Allen Browne - ...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

Trouble Restoring Backup of Money 2002 to 2004
Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit. My HD crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk. But now I can't restore my old data that goes back years. When I double click on the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a few seconds. Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the floopy can't be read for some reason. Am I screwed? Your thoughts are valued! Bob Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try restoring from there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP -...

Can't Uninstall 2004 to Install 2005
I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. When trying to install 2005, it recommends that 2004 be uninstalled and offers to do it for me. The uninstallation stops when it cannot find the money.msi file anywhere. I don't have this file on my computer anymore (not sure if I ever had it). I would like to cleanly uninstall 2004 to install 2005. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Ted Medler wrote: >I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought >the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. > >When trying to install 2...

5.5 uninstall after 2k3 upgrade
After migration from 5.5 to 2003. I went to the 5.5 box, put the cd in and unistalled. It is still showing in 2k3 system manger and now im getting errors in app log from ldap, ad connector looking for the old box. Do i need to reinstall 5.5 on my old box and use 5.5 admin to delete? I installed 5.5 admin on my new 2k3 box but dont know where how to use. I am 5.5 newbie..only know 2k3 There are a number of steps to take prior to decomissioning a 5.5 server in your type of upgrade/migration. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/d91c2065-99af-405...

2004 to 2005
2005 created alot of bogus duplicate accounts with negative balances and e-pay and a-pay are not an option any longer in pay bills even though billpay is active. Been on the phone with tech support 4 times in the last week last time they said they'd call back with an answer--it's been 3 days. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a longtime user of money and like it but 2005 has really messed things up. Tech support has created alot of backups on my comp. hard to tell if I have any good ones anymore. Thanks Sorry for the duplicate but error came up on posting and said to "try...

OWA and ISA 2004
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have about 150 Users of which only 80 are in the main office and the rest work from home/on the road. Many of them were useing OWA in Exchange 5.5 for email. In the new envoirnment we are considering putting an ISA 2004 server in our DMZ and connecting this directly to our Exchange server on the Internal LAN. (No Front End Exchange Server) Is this option recomended from a security/performance perspective? We do not really want the expense of an additional Front End Exchange server if it is not really needed. The alternative wou...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

Table Indexes after upgrade to Dynamics GP v9
After upgrading to Dynamics GP we received an error that was due to "Index 'AK6GL00100' on table 'GMI.dbo.GL00100' does not exist". While troubleshooting this problem I found that there were not any clustered indexes on my GL00100 or GL00105 tables. So, I found the Indexes.cmp in the SQL\Install\0\Company on the server and tried to load the indexes for those tables from that file. That's when I discovered that the indexes in this file were not consistent with our account framework and assumed only 5 segments were in use. Thus, the reason why they failed to loa...

Is it OK to assign permissions to a group during ForestPrep of an E2K3 upgrade?
Hello, We're about to start an upgrade from E2K to E2K3. During the E2K3 ForestPrep, we want to select a newly-created group to assign Exchange full admin permissions to instead of an individual user; however, during our previous E2K ForestPrep a few years ago, we only selected an individual user. Could there be any conflicts in now giving Exchange admin permissions to a new group instead of the same individual user as before? Sorry if it appears to be a silly question but I'm paranoid. Thanks, - Alan. On 27 Oct 2006 05:35:52 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wro...

Upgrade CRM 1.2 And Custom
Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several customization? I would like to know how CRM was after upgrade, and if you had any problem with custom? Regards, Sylvie Mondoux We had customizations and we had to change the isv.config and web.config file because those are replaced during the upgrade. Everything else was left in place in our case. "Sylvie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b7be01c43787$140ceac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several > customization? I would like to know how CRM was after > ...

"Replace" keyboard shortcut
MS Word 2004 Re: Find/Replace, it is a quick, efficient keyboard process after highlighting a string to be copied to hold the Command key while pressing C, F then V. When I then want to enter the "replace" string, my hands have to leave the keyboard, go to the mouse and click the Replace tab before I can continue. I cannot find any reference that offers a keyboard short to drop down the Replace window. Is there one? Thank you. I'm not sure if there is a direct keyboard shortcut for the Replace command, but once you've brought up the Find dialogue, you can simpl...

Upgrade 6.0->7.5->8.0 with PA
I am conducting a test upgrade from 6.0 to 8.0 through 7.5 with Project Accounting on a test server. The PA conversion to 7.5 took about 11 hours which is manageable but the conversion to 8.0 has already taken 3 days! and is still running. It has spent most of the time on one particular task and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if there is any way to improve the situation. All I can see from SQL Profiler is that the auto-procedure zDP_RM00401SS_1 is being called for each row of that table in turn sometimes many times for the same row. There are about 28000 rows and I&...

MS2004 upgrade, via internet?
Hello, I have a trial version of MS2004 Deluxe and can upgrade for 39.95 via the internet. What is the difference if I purchase a boxed version for 59.95 and get a 20 dollar rebate? Is the internet only download or will I get a CD? Thanks Frank In microsoft.public.money, Frank Rocco wrote: > >I have a trial version of MS2004 Deluxe and can upgrade for 39.95 via the >internet. >What is the difference if I purchase a boxed version for 59.95 and get a 20 >dollar rebate? >Is the internet only download or will I get a CD? No CD. So say "I'll go for the box, Monty...

Setting x-axis crosses with VBA
I have a chart that at the moment has a vertical range from -70 to -92. I'm trying to set the horizontal axis to cross at the minimum value, in this case -92. Using With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) .Crosses = xlMinimum It crosses at -70. If I use xlMaximum I get the same thing. Using .Crosses = xlCustom .CrossesAt = -92 it crosses at -92. however, I need it to be dynamic so the x-axis labels stay below the data field. Am I using xlMinimum in a place it cannot be used? Any help will be appreciated. In the format axis dialog, there is no way to specify tha...

Word 2004 Filenames as autotext
I frequently place file names in footers using AutoText. Suddenly Word is adding "FILENAME" before my file name. There are also a grayed-out box before and after the text. So "file.doc" is now "FILENANE file.doc." How do I get Word to just add the file name without "FILENAME" and these boxes? I've been using Word since it was first introduced. Sometimes I think that this program has just become far too cumbersome. Thanks for your help. E. Volchok In article <1180564378.495744.312060@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, edvolchok@nyc.rr.com wrot...

Auto Empty Deleted Items on Exit OR after X days or X Items accumulated?
In Outlook 2003 is there a way to Auto Empty the Deleted Items Folder, either on Exit OR after X days since deletion or when X number of Items accumulated? -- "J. J." Go to "Tools" : "Options" : "Other" First option is "Empty Deleted Items folder upon exiting" You can set it to delete after x number of days for certain e-mail account types. Go to: "Tools" : "E-Mail Accounts" : Select, "View or change e-mail accounts" Select account to chnage and click "Change..." : Click "More Settings" Se...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...

restore money 2003 upgrade??
In July I downloaded the trial version of Money 2003. I then purchased the upgrade offer (Money Deluxe 2003 English Upgrade From Money Trial). Recently I had some sort of problem with my computer that I only knew how to fix by completely reinstalling Windows XP. I went to locate the trial offer of Money 2003 and only found the international version. I downloaded that thinking I could live with favourite instead of favorite and so forth but - I can't figure out how to reinstall my upgrade and make everything work. I can't get help from Microsoft because they want my produc...

How do I change X-Axis values in a chart with 2 Y-Axis?
I am attempting to chart two data series that share a X-Axis. The Y-Axis for these series are at different ranges so I have two Y-Axis. When I do this the X-Axis turns into a non-numerical entry, example, 1-2-3-4, when my data is a time and is organized as this (15-30-60-90...etc.) Is there a chart with two Y-Axis and one X-Axis with the plot showing the appropriate spacing that I require? I am using Excel 2002 if that changes anything when You go to <chart><Chart data><series> does it show two different x data sets? if your x axis lables were on the set you chang...

Damaged Fonts with Office 2004?
When I run FontDoctor or Extensis Suitcase's font diagnostic/repair program, six fonts that come with MS Office 2004 are reported to be damaged. The message indicates that the resource fork for the following fonts is damaged: MS Gothic.ttf MS Mincho.ttf MS PGothic.ttf MS PMincho.ttf PMingLiU.ttf SimSun.ttf These fonts come this way on the Office 2004 CD. Are these fonts actually damaged, or is this just some quirk of FontDoctor and Suitcases' diagnostic treatment of Windows Truetype fonts? ...

Replace coloured cells with a value
Hi, I've got 20 or so excel spreadsheets containg some timetable information. It has been entered in a rather odd format that is preventing me analysing it. There are no values, only differently coloured cells! Ideally, I would like to be able to convert the coloured cells into cells with values relating to their colour. I have some VBA experience and am aware of the Font.ColorIndex and Interior.ColorIndex properties that can be evaluated. Does anyone have any ideas on a procedure to convert the cells within a specified range from null values with colours to values with no colours? T...

Colour part of a line on an X Y graph
I have an XY graph which connects the series with a line. Lets say the series runs left to right on the chart creating a straight horizontal line. Is it possible to have multiple colours on that line? That is, I want to colour certain portion of the line a certain colour and other portion another colour. Is this possible Hi, You can format the line between points by selecting the series and then selecting the specific line segment. Use CTRL+1 to bring up the format dialog. Note that formatting the line segment will affect the legend so you might be better off plotting additional d...