Does Access work properly under Vir PC?

Hi
Can you develop access db's under Vir PC?
I could not use it with my old ver of Vir PC

MS Access works fine (although slowly) in virtual PC.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

About Microsoft MVPs:
http://www.mvps.org/

Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
<http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>

----------
In article <047501c3cee4$fbf13460$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Tom"
<gamedayphoto@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi
> Can you develop access db's under Vir PC?
> I could not use it with my old ver of Vir PC
0
goldkey74 (611)

Error while accessing Reports in Citrix
Hello All, I've deployed CRM in a Citrix Metaframe environment but am having trouble accessing the Reports while I'm connected. The error message is 401 Unauthorized. is the report server on a different server from the crm web server? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Ryan Leonardo" <Ryan Leonardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:860D1E18-1D59-4675-971E-8C5F54D70DCE@microsoft.com... > Hello All, I've deployed CRM in a Citrix Metaframe environment but am > having > trouble ...

Access 2003 DB to Access 2007 DB Issue
It ran fine under MS Access 2003, but now I’m using MS Access 2007 and I’m having a bit of a problem getting it to initially load. When I launch Access and select the acronym database (db1.mdb), I’m getting the following error message: “Your Microsoft Office Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file ‘dao2535.tlb’ version 3.5. * To ensure that your database or project works properly, you must fix this reference.” At the bottom of that error message window, there is a “Show Help” button, and an “OK” button. “Show Help” provides me little h...

Access 2007 runtime
Access 2007 runtime allows you to run an access application on a PC withuoit Access installed. But what happens to the warning message "a potential security risk has been identified" that you recieve if the file is not in a trusted location? If you haven't got access installed then you cannot add a trusted location? I can't test this out as I don't have a PC with out access. Lou Hi Lou, As far as I know, and from my observations after a couple of deployments, runtime automatically adds the installation location selected by the package wizard as a trusted loc...

Can't export email form to Access (Error Msg Corrupt or Modified)
When I receive a competed Access Data Form in, Access Data Collection Replies, to update data in a Access Table. I get an error msg (Email Form is Corrupt or Has Been Modified) when I try to export to Access. Using Windows 7 - Access 2007 & Outlook 2007 -- Bill ...

Search not working
I would like to search the SharePoint Discussion Group, but it won't search for anything. I'm definitely signed in, is anyone else experiencing the same problem? That is a standard problem with these groups if you are using something like Windows Live Mail. I hear that if you use a newsreader, it might actually work, but I've never bothered trying. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "JDubs" <JDubs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90761671-3986-4322-946C-01D2F8E4B9A0@microsoft.com... &...

UI Thread not starting/working
Okay, I am using a UI Thread based on the on in Prosise's book to control a dialog box that contains an animation control to allow the user to know the program is still here during a search. Basically, the problem is that the thread, which is started an instantiated at the beginning of the Search loop does not appear until AFTER the work is done when the Search Results are displayed. So I have two UI threads.. one is the main.. the other is the one I create before the search and hope to end after the search. Another thing that is interesting is the code, without the search function, ...

customize outlook today not working
I have updated my windows and office software with all of the latest updates and now my customize outlook today button does not work. When I click on the customize outlook today button it pushes in but never goes anywhere. Is there an update to take care of this or am I missing something? Had the same problem - check out this link - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;820575 >-----Original Message----- >I have updated my windows and office software with all of >the latest updates and now my customize outlook today >button does not work. When I click o...

OWA doesn't work from the Outside
Hi, Hope you can help me. Have setup a Win2003 server with Exchange 2003. This is connected to a DSL connection with dynamic IP but through a dyndns account everything is working. Exchange works normally but I have problems with OWA. If I connect my laptop with Outlook 2003 SP1 to the internal network I can access OWA perfectly. Everything works fine. But when I am external I alwasy get the message Loading messages or something, and it just keeps sitting there. I googled for this problem, and a lot of people seem to have this problem. Followed a couple of the sollutions provided, but it did...

Restrict Mailbox Access
Hi Guys, I have been trying to find a way to do this for ages and ages and now my boss is on my case to get it sorted; Currently in our setup, everyone can see everyone elses mailbox, if they go to tools --> options -- Exchange profile --> Advanced and add an extra mailbox, or alternativley file open and open --> other users folder. This will work wether you are an admin or domain user. Is there a way to restrict mailbox access so that only the owner can see the mailbox and no-one else !!! I'm sure its done in systems manager --> Right click on server in admin groups ...

How do I make a Switchboard in Access 2003?
My real question is: How can I get back my switchboard manager I had with Access 97 in my present Access 2003. Don't know where it was in '97 but in 2003 goto Tools - Database Utilities - Switchboard Manager Tony wrote: >My real question is: How can I get back my switchboard manager I had with >Access 97 in my present Access 2003. -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200802/1 "Tony" <tonstannysman@hotmail....

Access data in a money file...
Hi all, First time that i post a message to that group.... I'm trying to access the data stored in a money file as i suppose it is stored in a database manner... Does anybody know of a way to do so through ODBC or something similar ???? thx laurent See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q10 and http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q9. "Laurent Ades" <turkpipotutunu@ifrance.com> wrote in message news:6af9c352.0310100130.27458bdd@posting.google.com... > I'm trying to access the data stored in a money file as i suppose it > is stored in a database manner... > > D...

EXMERGE STOPPED WORKING :(
Exchange 2000 server with SP3. **************************************************************** Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Program, v6.0.6249.0 Start Logging:December 16, 2003 09:49:28 **************************************************************** [09:49:28] Logging Level: None [09:49:28] Reading settings from file 'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\BIN \EXMERGE.INI'. [09:49:29] Error 8007203a opening an LDAP connection. ('LDAP://corpmail/rootDSE') (CADRoutines::GetNamingContextData) [09:49:29] Accessing Domain Controller 'CORPDC01' [09:49:29] 'corpmail' is...

Access 2000 Pivot Tables
I cannot find the pivot tables option in Access 2000. Does anyone know when that functionality was added to Access? iirc, 2002 -- HTH, George "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FD7FAF9-81EE-43B0-8E7B-27C6D3F1EBC3@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the pivot tables option in Access 2000. Does anyone know >when > that functionality was added to Access? ...

Web Page Preview is not working
I created a web site using Word, and I was using Web Page preview to see how it would look. Now, however, IE does not open, and I cannot see the web page. I am using Word 2003 on a computer with Windows XP SP3. Can somebody find a solution? Thanks -- MCS ...

Send To Mail Recipient function does not work
I have WinXP w/Outlook 2003 and the send to mail recipient function does not work. I have got it to work one time by going to Control Panels\Add Remove Programs\Set Program Access and Defaults. There I select Microsoft Windows, (instead of Custom), restart the computer and I can then send to mail recipient, but only one time. After that I get the Error message, Microsoft Office Outlook, The operation failed. This feature works when I select Outlook Express as my default Email client in Internet options. Please can someone help! Thanks in advance. Gregg ...

OWA doesn't work
Hello, I've setup a test W2k forest for testing recovery. The new forest has 1 domain controller and a new installation of Ex2k SP3 with Post SP3 rollup. None of the users can access their mailboxes through OWA, including the domain admin. Public folders are accessible through OWA. The error is "Error: Access is Denied." , after 3 failed attempts . Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Matt Here's the answer to my problem. I found it on MS Exchange Blog http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/ OWA and multiple SMTP domains If you configure your Exchange 2000 server to...

Tutorials/Resources on how to make a Word Document 508 Accessable
Hello All; I have a document in Word that I need to make 508 accessable because I work for a fedeeral agency. I am ultimately going to convert it to acrobat format but I hear it is much better to make the doc ument accessable in Word rather than waitng until it is in Acrobat. I also found this to be true because converting tables in acrobat format is a complicated task that I have still not ben able to figure out. So ... can anyone lead me to some good tutorials/resources on how to make a Word Document accessable so when I convert it to Acrobat, the Acrobat file can be read ...

SP3 and access
Hi Our main server has just autoupdated bringing in SP3 along with other items. I have heard (and read in this forum) about the problems with access combo boxes having the table formating undone but, as non of the combos on any of our db's has formating in the tables (form formating only) this will not not affect us BUT is there any other reason why I should "not" allow SP3. (the delete button is always an option! If anyone knows any other problem with SP3 I would really appreciate any feeback. I have googled this and it seems to be mainly combos that are affected. Ha...

How do i find out what version of excel or works is on a computor?
Can anyone tell me how I can find out what version of works and also excel is on a computor? The usual quick method would be to click Help on the application's menu and then select About......in the dropdown list (usually at the bottom of the list). Rob "tootsieroll321" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:141001c4ac3b$73e5bb60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how I can find out what version of > works and also excel is on a computor? Good answer from Rob but if you want to do it dynamically use =INFO("release") Value f...

How to register activex in access 2007?
I have file access project 2003 version. When I try to use access 2007 to continue my designing form, the control name Date and Time picker didnot work. And I donot know how to register activeX control. ...

migrating to a new PC
How do I move my inbox, sent msgs, or my other personal folders from an existing outlook express to a new one on a new PC? (windows 98 to XP) Tx Ramin <ramin@ovs.org> wrote: > How do I move my inbox, sent msgs, or my other personal > folders from an existing outlook express to a new one on > a new PC? (windows 98 to XP) Tx Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and see http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

Money 2007: Password and Offline Access Not Working
The Money 2007 home page looks different today. It tells me my password is incorrect. There is also no check box or drop down option to work offline in the lower left corner. Must be an issue on the Microsoft side, but no indication of that from MSFT. What gives? In microsoft.public.money, ge.steinke@gmail.com wrote: >The Money 2007 home page looks different today. It tells me my >password is incorrect. There is also no check box or drop down option >to work offline in the lower left corner. > >Must be an issue on the Microsoft side, but no indication of that from >M...

Getting 'Smart Quotes' out of Access
Every week I export a txt file of a table out of Access to a third party provider who converts it to an XML file for wide distribution and then upload to various websites such as Amazon. I am having problems with lots of characters being converted improperly, most significantly the apostrophes and quotation marks. Is there a way I can 'clean' these out of my database (use a different font such as Arial Unicode in the table?) or when I export the txt file? Use Courier New. It's a monofont which doesn't even have formatted characters. It should be the font automa...

Access 2003: Getting a link or button in results
hello..kind of a tough one.. I need to be able to access a new form for each user in a result set. In order to make it intuitive i am looking to add a button or some hyperlink in the result table to that it will pop up the form when selected. So..if results of query from a table looks like: 1. UserName1 Data1 Data 2 2. UserName2 Data1 Data 2 UserName 1 or UserName2 should be a hyperlink or a button should be put in it's place to go to a new form....Is this even possible... -- Harry On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 ...

Money 99 freezes when accessing some reports
With few problems over the years, money now freezes when accessing certain REPORTS eg catagory spending. The problem is in a MFC42.dll file. I have tried reinstalling the original version without any change. If I were to install a late version would this resolve the issue. Of course I would want to be certain that no data would be lost. Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, Gordon wrote: >With few problems over the years, money now freezes when >accessing certain REPORTS eg catagory spending. The >problem is in a MFC42.dll file. I have tried reinstalling >the origi...