document imager

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

<i>have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i do it?</i>
0
venom800437

What you're referring to is Twain support which requires VBA. Since there's
no VBA in Office 2008 there's no Twain support. The only real difference is
that you cannot scan directly into your document. You'll need to use the
software that came with your scanner or some other compatible scanner/OCR
software to produce a document, then bring the content into the doc.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/11/10 6:08 PM, in article 59bb856f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"venom800437@aol.com@officeformac.com"
<venom800437@aol.com@officeformac.com> wrote:

> have microsoft office for mac 2008, student edition, i am trying to scan a
> document so that i can edit it, older versions of word had something called
> OCR that would enable you to do this, i cannot find it on my version, how do i
> do it?

0
CyberTaz

Link documents
I have a document that is linked to another document. My problem is that when I change something in one document it dosen´t update until I open the refernece document. Can someone help. How can I uptate without open the reference excel documet. Thanks This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. It sounds as though your question is related to Excel. If that's the case, you'd be best off reposting to a newsgroup related to Excel. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-m...

error
i am trying to run a macro from a toolbar i created, but i get an erro message as follows. a document with the name < name of workbook > is already open. yo cannot open 2 documents with the same name even if they are i different folders. i do not have 2 instances of the file open, i have tried restarting th machine and starting excel all over again but i get the same message. i am using windows xp and excel 200 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The macro button is trying to open a workbook- possibly the one you hav open or one with the same name that contains the mac...

Why the image (16*16) is ugly?
Hello, I use the API ExtractIcon to get file icon, then import the ImageList (32bit color), but the 16*16 icons are ugly shown in listview, why? thank you. ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Private Declare Function ExtractIcon Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ExtractIconA" (ByVal hInst As IntPtr, ByVal lpszExeFileName As String, ByVal nIconIndex As Integer) As IntPtr Public Function ExtractIcons(ByVal iconfile As String, ByVal iconindex As Integer) As Icon Try Dim hIcon As IntPtr ...

Variable images in mail merge
I am new to Publisher 2003 but do many mail merge programs in a high-end production package...that has miserable graphics capabilites so I love this part of Publisher. I understand that I can insert a field as a graphic by right-clicking when I select it, but how do I define where the graphic is actually located? Can the image name be "built" by using a key field from the database and appending a .tif or .jpg after the field name in Publisher...or must that be part of the data record? Perhaps I'm making this too difficult. Thanks for some help! Cathy All you ever need...

Transaction by Document not opening
I just upgraded from version 6 to Dynamics 9 SP4 (9.00.0352). For some reason now I can't open Transaction by Document (Inquiry-Sales). Any ideas why that doesn't open? I tried logging on as 'sa' and myself with neither working. This window was not modified in the previous version. Thanks, Beth Well, that was the immediate point that came to my mind. Form being Modified. You can still give it a try to revert the access back to the original GP form (to ensure that you do have access to that form), by either doing it from Advanced Security or by running the Security Rec...

%20 shows up in document name when doing a save as
I do alot of quotes that I pull up an old document, update with new info, then save as a new document name, leaving the old one as is. Sometimes when I go to save the new document as save as, the spaces in the name of the document are filled with the percentage symbol and 20, %20. Does anyone know how to fix this? ...

How can I see document in color while I'm working?
I need to be able to see document in full color while working. I've tried switching views, etc. but the only way I can see color is in "print preview." Jamie If this is a problem with all Excel files with coloured cells, the Windows OS high contrast setting may be turned on. There is information in the following MSKB article: OFF: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;320531 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 11:09:03 -0800, "Jamie" <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Document won't hold formatting
Please, please help. I am extremely frustrated that I cannot get a document to hold the formatting I have created for it. Everything is fine while I have the document open and am working on it and do not have trouble when I periodically save it, but when I close the document and reopen it, all of the formatting is wrong Headers are moved over almost to the page border, font sizes are changed and numbering is added to subheads that should not be numbered. I have the correct template attached and at this point I'm about to pull my hair out. Make sure that you do not have &...

HELP!!!! Printing only half of document.
I have a booklet I have created in Publisher 2007. It is sized to be 1/2 of an 8.5" x 11" (portrait)page so I can get 2 booklets from one set of paper. The total booklet is 32 pages (8 sheets of double sided paper). When I print the document 2 sided (portrait), only half of the pages print. If I print single sided all pages print. If I print double sided landscape all pages print, however the printing is in the center of the paper and requires substantial trimming (e.g. wasted paper). I have modified page size, margins, etc. and the same issues seem to be occuring. Inov...

Sending a captured .dib file to an image box without storing it
I want to use a command button, say "cmdDisplayImage" to display/ transfer a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control to an image or OLE box on the same form such as "PhotoPreview" (not sure which one is possible/best...perhaps someone can help me...I'm new at this.) I really don't want to "save" it first. Then, I want another command button such as "cmdSaveImage" to save the file to a folder (such as \\Server\Database\Images when the user clicks another command button when they have the image they want in the "PhotoPreview" box. R...

Slow opening of a spreadsheet from My Documents
This problem has just appeared this morning. If I boot to XP Home SP2 and open Excel 2003 SP1, it opens about as quickly as I expect. Then if I choose File/Open and select an xls file in My Documents it opens quickly also. However after booting, if I open My Documents and select an xls file it takes a long, long time to open. This is also true if I try to open the files from shortcuts on my desktop. Excel itself seems to open OK but the work area stays grey for a long time after the Scanning for viruses and Ready messages appear in the status line. Eventually the spread sheet ope...

HELP: Trying to Automate Documention Content
Greetings--new user; first post! I have a rather sophisticated feature I'm trying to do in Word, but don't know how to accomplish. I'm a technical writer and produce the user manuals for our company. One product has sixteen different variations of the same manual, 95% of which is the same with subtle differences peppered throughout the document. I have a new manager who has asked me to automate the structure of the document so we have one manual that can be constructed as any one of the sixteen variants on the fly. I don't know how to do this in Word. The ...

Attaching captions to objects in documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do I attach a caption to an object such as a photo, figure or the like in a document such that they don't separate at the bottom of a page? It would help a great deal if you'd give an indication of what program you're using... And it would be to your benefit to post to the group specific to that program rather than to the general Office group. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 12/3/09 10:06 PM, in article 59bae1ef.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Fox1@officeformac.com" <Fox1@offic...

Outlook contacts merge into publisher document
How can I merge my contacts from Outlook into a postcard doucment I made using publisher You export your contacts from Outlook in CSV format and then use that file to Merge with Publisher. -- Thomas wrote: > How can I merge my contacts from Outlook into a postcard doucment I made using publisher Thomas, which version of Outlook and Publisher are you using? Publisher 2002 and 2003 allow you to connect direct to Outlook using the mail merge wizard. Please post back with your versions. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim....

Can't open excel or word documents (says insert sm bus cd?)
I have been running Windows XP for over a year without a problem, but now I can not open any of my Excel or Word or Outlook documents because it says that I need to insert my small business cd. I don't have that cd. This has happened once before and I just used my system restore function and it was fine, but that won't even work this time. HELP!! ~~Angela @ angela27@iglide.net ...

how do you insert an element into an xml document with namespace
perfix? <bac:BACnetDevice APDUTimeout='' ApplicationSoftwareVersion='' FirmwareRevision='' InstanceNumber='3744' MaxAPDULengthAccepted='' ModelName='' NumberOfAPDURetries='' ProtocolConformanceClass='' ProtocolObjectTypesSupported='' ProtocolServicesSupported='' ProtocolVersion='' SegmentationSupported='' VendorIdentifier='' VendorName='' xmlns:bac='http://www.teletrol.com/BACnet'> <bac:BACnetPoints> <bac:baseAnalogInput EventState='0' Insta...

Page format changes when document is shared
I have an Excel document that was created by someone else. I saved it and shared it. When printing, the page format is different for others than it is for me. Also, the page format changes for those users if I turn the "save" function off. How can I get the page format to be the same for each user. Everyone is using the same version of Excel. ...

How do I recover an Excel document saved not saved as
I was working on an Excel document, deleting all of the info in the cells, when I inadvertently hit "save" instead of "save as". Thus wiping out all my info I wanted to keep. Is there a way to recover the document with my original saved info? Darryl, If you have the autosave feature turned on, then you can usually restore your original file from the autosaved file. But you have to do this before it is replaced the next time Excel autosaves your file again. This depends on your settings. I'm not sure if this will help you this time, but keep it i...

Handling the System Image List ?
Hi guys, In my program I made a Shell Namespace tree viewer that needs the system imagelist which I handle like this: // let's get the image list SHFILEINFO sfi; ZeroMemory(&sfi,sizeof(sfi)); HIMAGELIST hImageList=(HIMAGELIST)SHGetFileInfo(_T("C:\\"),0,&sfi,sizeof(SHFILEINFO),SH GFI_SYSICONINDEX|SHGFI_SMALLICON); // attach it to my class member m_imageList.Attach(hImageList); // later on in my destructor I free it m_imageList.Detach(); I think I am doing it right because it works. The thing is, I want to use that tree I made in different spots but it seems I can'...

Can't print web documents
If I open a document from, say, http://www.domain.com/document.xls, using the address field in Outlook's Web toolbar, print is not available. Open the same document in Internet Explorer and print is a viable option. This happens with any Office document. However, print feature works fine with any other type of documents - .pdf files work with no problems. Any suggestions? ...

Greatplains -Unapply Sales Document payment in standard editon
Why would doing just simple thing like AR transaction removal be at another cost? We are a small company and it has been hard just in purchasing greatplains.What about the smaller companies? Is microsoft only out to service mid to large companies. its like buying a new car and then finding out that you have buy new tires because the tire that came with the car are not design to be driven over 5,000 miles. You find out once you purchase GP that if you want all the NORMAL features like of software program you better be willing to spend more monies. Its just not fair to small companies to have ...

Saving Images

Outlook 2003 "My Documents"
How do I add a short cut to "My Documents" to the Navagation Bar within Outlook 2003 or can I add it to the Tool Bar? I can not figure this out for the life of me. 2002 allowed me to do so. right click in an open space on your toolbar choose "command" in the "categories" pane, select "Go" in the right hand pane, scrol sown to "My Documents" drag "My Documnets" to the toolbar and let go the icon will be added >-----Original Message----- >How do I add a short cut to "My Documents" to the Navagation Bar within Outlook 2...

Project/Solution documenter?
Hello, does Visual Studio have a tool that can generate a report file for an asp.net solution/project that breaks down statistics like lines of code count, objects, etc...? Kind of like MS Access has the 'Tools' -> 'Analyze' -> 'Documenter' feature. Thanks in advance. "." <nothing@nothing.com> wrote in message news:OS7y2$l5KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, does Visual Studio have a tool that can generate a report file for > an asp.net solution/project that breaks down statistics like lines of code > count, o...

links to public folder documents
I need to create an email message that includes a link to a document in an Outlook Public Folder. Can anyone tell me how to do this? TIA The link needs to be in this format: <outlook://Public Folders/All Public Folders/YOUR PUBLIC FOLDER PATH/~ITEM NAME> You need to include the "~" before the item name. The "<>" on each end of the link keep it intact in case it breaks across two lines. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! &quo...