disable office X formatting palette genie animation

How do you disable the genie type animation that takes place when you
show or hide the formatting palette in Word/Excel/Powerpoint v.X? I
have done this before, and am looking at a system where it is
disabled, but I can't figure out where this option is so that I can
control it on another system.
0
astrozone (1)

Exchange rich-text format
What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual user settings"? On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 08:31:01 -0700, CK <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What are the results from the client side if I change my Exchange 2003 server >to "Alwayes Use" Exchange Rich-Text format from "Determined by individual >user settings"? Depends on what your users are sending messages as. Most will be using HTML or RTF anyway unless you have some policy in p...

newsletter formatting
I have designed a newsletter in Publisher that I e-mail as a message. The format is saves as HTML. The original recipient can view the newsletter fine, however, when the newsletter is forwarded the formatting gets rearranged. How can I keep the original newsletter the same for orignal recipients as when it gets forwarded? Thanks, Fredrik Fredrik A <Fredrik A@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I keep the original newsletter the same for orignal > recipients as when it gets forwarded? Convert to PDF using an application such as PrimoPDF (www...

Copy and Paste not saving format changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I just bought Microsoft Office for Mac early this month and am still getting used to it. Can someone help me with this: I have several documents typed onto a notebook layout with lots of bullet points, color changes, cross outs and the like. I wanted to copy and past all of that into a new document but when I did ALL of the formatting changes were lost. There were no bullet points, so the text flushed left, yada, yada, yada. I looked around the toolbar to try and find a setting that would allow me to do the cut an...

Office read only in outlook only
I am having a problem with Outlook 2002 and a user profile. The user loggs into locations and everwhere she loggs into the Outlook gives her office read only files. She can send the file and it becomes read only. She can send to any user possible but the file comes up as normal. Any user can read the file as normal, but she cannot. she opens the file seperatley it will read regular, but when opened through Outlook it is read only. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Trial Office 2007 Professional
I am really not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. I am attempted to download trial Office Professional 2007 on a New Microsoft 7 system. I am getting the error message "Outlook 2007 with contact manager can not be installed until Outlook 2007 is installed, please insert CD1" I do not have a CD, I am trying to download from Microsoft. What can I do? "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB0ADCF-870A-46FE-AD75-CB977ECC67B6@microsoft.com... > I am really not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. > I am att...

disable unhide sheets on toolbar
Hello is there a way to dis-able the unhide sheets toolbar? TIA, Ditchy Hi Ditchy Protect the workbook (Tools > Protection menu) to prevent hiding, unhiding and renaming of sheets. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ditchy" <ditchy@ncable.net.au> skrev i melding news:1115110468.548181.247220@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello > is there a way to dis-able the unhide sheets toolbar? > TIA, Ditchy > If you want to take out that control then use Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Format").Controls("Sheet").Co...

If statement with formatted text
Hi, Is there any way to have an if formula such as: If (A1="Active", "KAE",KPE") where the two letters after the K are formatted as subscript? The best I've done is to paste a picture over the cell. The picture's formula refers to named formula that selects one of two cells, the one with correct string. One cell contains KAE and the other KPE with the subscript. However, it means that I'm using a picture and it would be much nicer if I could just do it in an If formula. I hope that makes some kind of sense, and thanks in advance for your help. D...

Formatting cells from internet
I have copied and pasted a chart from a website. (The website will not let me import) The cells are showing numbered values, but when i go to put the formula in it is giving me a zero like it cannot read the numbers in the cell. That is on 3 seperate columns. On the very last column it is reading the numbers I cannot make it recognize that those columns are numbers to be used in formulas Thanks for your help! Use Dave McRitchie's Trimall macro to clean up the data. Then copy an empty cell, select all your data and do Edit / PasteSpecial / Add and it will coerce all data back to nu...

Conditial Formatting Not Available
After trying to use conditional formatting (which didn't work btw) now the Conditional Formatting button in the ribbon isn't available or disabled. I tried Compact and Repair but it didn't work. Any ideas? James Duh. I was selecting a label instead of the field. "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message news:uJhfSCSKIHA.1324@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After trying to use conditional formatting (which didn't work btw) now > the Conditional Formatting button in the ribbon isn't available or > disabled. > I tried Compact and Repair b...

Export query to Excel with formated heading
When export from query to Excel, I'd like to turn some columns into heading row on top of Excel sheets how to turn this: LastName FirstName SID Section Instructor Doe John 1234 0545 Su Doe Jane 2345 0545 Su into this? Class Roster Instructor: Su Section: 0545 LastName FirstName SID Doe John 1234 Doe Jane 2345 I think one way of achieving this would be to create a report in Access where you would group under instructor with the students in the detail section. From the report you can then use the analyze with Ex...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

Disabling password feature on Personal Folders
I've upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002 and set up the user's Outlook profile. I go to add his Personal Folders and browse to his saved .pst file and the system asks us for an outlook password. I enter his Outlook password and I get the message that it is incorrect. The problem is the user says he never password protected his .pst file. So how do I - or can I - remove the password protection so that I am able to add his Personal Folders? Any help is greatly appreciated! ...

How to print a graph of x=y at 45 degrees
How can I make it appear correctly on paper? Gordon, Set up two sets of points: 0 0 1, 1 Plot them with an x-y scatter chart, line style. Set the x and y axis scales the same, if necessary, to get the resulting plot to be at 45�. Print it, and hope for the best. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "gordon158" <gordon158@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C5B1255-334F-41A3-A5E5-55516CFABA6A@microsoft.com... > How can I make it appear correctly on paper? ...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

Restrictions in format
How do I restrict some columns of having all text in UPPER CASE, some columns to have text only First In Capital Letter and some columns only in lower case?? Thanks JPG You can restrict using Data Validation but I would find that very annoying. Example............in DV>Allow>Custom =EXACT(A1,UPPER(A1)) will not allow anything but Uppercase. I would use event code to automatically change Case when anything is entered. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False With Target ...

reconnect to mailbox after Disabling user?
Hello, I was wondering if there is a easier way then to recycle the Exchange Services to renable a mailbox after a users mailbox has been disabled for x amount of time. I want to give access to this mailbox to another user so right now.. I simply go to Mailbox Rights -> (add the user I want to add) -> give allow rights to Read / Full but this requires a recycle of the services. Is there another way without recycling the services? G. On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:08:36 -0400, "Just Another Admin" <just@dmin.net> wrote: >Hello, > >I was wondering if there ...

Conditional Format #14
That's what I was messing up! It was the ordering, not the formula! Thank you. Now if I have my =AND(E2="Y") for one and no formatting and my second =C2<TODAY() Red bold format, I should be able to mak rule 3 =C2<TODAY()-2 format Yellow bold and have anything 2 days clos to due yellow, YES -- Jimmytec ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Jimmytech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1447 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26087 RE: =AND(E2="Y") You o...

Bug in Office Outlook 2003
Does anyone know whether there is a Microsoft Article dealing with the removal of a bug, which produces LDAP dialog box on opening Outlook 2003, that cannot be removed by any other recommended means? Thank you. Why do you classify this as a bug? If you don't use the LDAP service remove it from your profile. Control Panel-> Mail-> button E-mail Accounts-> View or change existing address books -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a ...

Out of Office Assistant replies multiple times
The situation: The user of a fully patched Outlook 2003 SP1 sets an Out of Office reply using the Out Of Office Assistant.. The result: The first time someone sends a message while the OOA reply is turned on, they get the full text of the OOA reply as it is configured. The second and subsequent emails from that same sender gets a truncated version of the OOA message. In my testing, my second message (which isn't supposed to be replied to), got me 2 truncated replies. Examples from my testing: 1st reply: "I am out of the office and will return on Monday, February 28, 2005. At th...

Conditional Formatting
Hi I need some help with conditional formatting. I'm trying to highlight those cells which have a plus sign in them. Can someone help with the formula to enter into the conditional formatting dialogue? Grateful for any assistance. Best Wishes Hi Colin if the Plus sign + is part of a text string Select the column range first then =FIND("+",A2:$A$160) change the range to your needs. If the + sign is alone in the cell, you don't need a formula, just select > Cell value is > then select Equal to> and type the plus sign in the third box. H...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

Graphics not visible in email signature Office/Outlook 2000
Trying to send two jpg images embedded in an email signature from the signature picker. When viewed in Advanced Edit in Signature picker the graphics display. When the message is sent they are missing. Using Rich text Format in Outlook, but now Word as email editor. Any help is appreciated. Bob Weeden Washington School District Phoenix AZ Tried it in HTML format already? It is a lot more supported format than Rich Text. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack...

IF(This=2 and That=1,X,Y)
Im comparing 2 values per. I need to evaluate if THIS = 1 and THAT = 2, then 1 otherwise 0 How do I do that in an expression? I always need to evaluate BOTH and they both need to be true. Any help would be appreciated. This is what I guessed, but doesn't work, surely there must be a method to evaluate both as the same time? IF R14 is 1 AND S14 is 1 then 7, otherwise 0 as: =IF(R14=1+S14=1,7,0) Use the AND() function: =IF(AND(This=1,That=2),1,0) "No Spam" <no_spam@eparisek.com> wrote in message news:8453884A-EBEC-44E8-9AD8-E7690F361AB0@microsoft.com... > Im...

Installing Office 2007 on new laptop
I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 day free trial of Office 2007. After the disk has been installed and I click on the icon to open the program I get an error message that says something like "You are unable to sign in because the server is unavailable". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and get the same result. This was a disk purchased as a student/instructor disk and has never been used before. On 3/21/2010 11:28 AM, Linda wrote: > I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 ...

Bar chart & Category (x) axis labels #2
If you make a bar chart in Excel 2003, and have two columns of text as Category (x) axis labels, the first column is shown vertical and the text in the second column is shown horizontal in the chart. If you open/make the same chart in Excel 97, the text in both columns is shown horizontal. If there is a lot of text, it becomes unreadable when it's vertical. Is this by design or can it be fixed somehow? ...