Dictionaries for Office v.X

Hi.

I would like to install various dictionaries (Italian, Spanish etc..)
in Office v.X, OS 10.3.9, but I simply can't find them -looked for them
everywhere!! Mactopia, P2P etc..

I imagine they must exist, as there are country-specific versions of
the software...does anyone know WHERE I can find such dictionaries?

Thanks.

0
delmonaco (9)

Did you look on the Office X CD, including in the Value Pack?

I don't remember installing Office X, but I believe the way the Mac version
works is that the US version has almost all the proofing tools.  However,
they may not be set for a default install, so you may need to go back and
install them.  If you installed them, they should show up in apps/ms office
x/shared applications/proofing tools.

If you installed them, however, you need to tell Word what language the text
is to get Word to use them.  To do so, select text, go to Tools | Language,
and apply a language.  If you do this a lot, there are faster ways, post
back.

Note that some of the Office X updates made a difference to the French and
Italian proofing tools, be sure you are updated all the way to 10.1.6. The
About number is not reliable, see here for how to tell:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/vxversions.html

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
4/18/2005 11:46:13 PM
Thank you Daya Mitchell...very helpful!! =)

I hadn't thought of looking in the CD because I guess I have a
'misconception' of Microsoft as being 'exploitive and tight-minded'!!
They provided the proofing tools though portuguese is missing...=)

But as far as dictionaries, only english...though now I can check
spelling, grammar and thesaurus in various other languages (proofing
tools)...there is an icon -english dictionary- in the Office folder.
And that's it.

Thanks again...

Ps. I had already updated to 10.1.6...

0
delmonaco (9)
4/19/2005 1:01:26 PM
Sorry, I saw mention of foreign languages and automatically thought proofing
tools, and skipped over the whole meaning of "dictionary". :)

In my installed Office X there are proofing tools for Portuguese and
Brazilian Portuguese, though.  So you should have them too.

There are also files that are labeled plain [language] dictionary (not
"spelling dictionary" and "hyphenation dictionary") other than English, but
they don't appear to work to give definitions, neither via right-click
Define, nor Tools | Dictionary.  No idea what they do.

I'm sure there must be third-party programs that do definitions, but not
sure which are used/recommended on macs, or how much they might cost.

Daiya

On 4/19/05 6:01 AM,  "delmonaco@gmail.com" wrote:

> Thank you Daya Mitchell...very helpful!! =)
>
> I hadn't thought of looking in the CD because I guess I have a
> 'misconception' of Microsoft as being 'exploitive and tight-minded'!!
> They provided the proofing tools though portuguese is missing...=)
>
> But as far as dictionaries, only english...though now I can check
> spelling, grammar and thesaurus in various other languages (proofing
> tools)...there is an icon -english dictionary- in the Office folder.
> And that's it.
>
> Thanks again...
>
> Ps. I had already updated to 10.1.6...

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
4/19/2005 2:50:32 PM
On 4/19/05 7:50 AM, in article BE8A68C8.283A8%daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID,
"Daiya Mitchell" <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:

> There are also files that are labeled plain [language] dictionary (not
> "spelling dictionary" and "hyphenation dictionary") other than English, but
> they don't appear to work to give definitions, neither via right-click
> Define, nor Tools | Dictionary.  No idea what they do.

Those are compendia of words in other languages used for spell-checking in
those languages. These files were called "Dictionaries" way back in Outlook
Express, Word 5, 6, 98 etc. and even Entourage 2001 before the "definitions"
Dictionary was included in Office. It leads to inevitable confusion
nowadays.

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP MacOffice

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Microsoft Office you are using -
**2004**, X  or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions
otherwise.

0
berkowit (221)
4/19/2005 3:39:55 PM
Daiya Mitchell <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:

> Sorry, I saw mention of foreign languages and automatically thought proofing
> tools, and skipped over the whole meaning of "dictionary". :)
>
> In my installed Office X there are proofing tools for Portuguese and
> Brazilian Portuguese, though.  So you should have them too.

Hum... That looks more like the Office 2004 CD... I sure don't have it
in my Office X CD and I quite remember a *bunch* of people complaining
about this in the Word newsgroup :-\

> There are also files that are labeled plain [language] dictionary (not
> "spelling dictionary" and "hyphenation dictionary") other than English, but
> they don't appear to work to give definitions, neither via right-click
> Define, nor Tools | Dictionary.  No idea what they do.

Yeahh, we've all complained vocally about that in the French newsgroup
for Office... There is no other dictionarry than the English one... Even
in Office 2004. The worst thing is that as far as I've understood it the
Office Dictionary is based on Encarta. There are sure many other Encarta
dictionaries out there :-(

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)
>> In my installed Office X there are proofing tools for Portuguese and
>> Brazilian Portuguese, though.  So you should have them too.
>
> Hum... That looks more like the Office 2004 CD... I sure don't have it
> in my Office X CD and I quite remember a *bunch* of people complaining
> about this in the Word newsgroup :-\

Yep, my mistake.  I did check, but I traced the path from the wrong
Applications folder and didn't notice.

Would it work backward?  To just put the Portuguese proofing tools from
Office 2004 in the Office X folders?

>> There are also files that are labeled plain [language] dictionary (not
>> "spelling dictionary" and "hyphenation dictionary") other than English, but
>> they don't appear to work to give definitions, neither via right-click
>> Define, nor Tools | Dictionary.  No idea what they do.
>
> Yeahh, we've all complained vocally about that in the French newsgroup
> for Office... There is no other dictionarry than the English one... Even
> in Office 2004. The worst thing is that as far as I've understood it the
> Office Dictionary is based on Encarta. There are sure many other Encarta
> dictionaries out there :-(

So if you purchase a country-specific version of Office, are you just
getting less features?  No definitions at all?  That's really, um,
aggravating--to be mild.

Daiya

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
4/19/2005 5:12:23 PM
Daiya Mitchell <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:

> Would it work backward?  To just put the Portuguese proofing tools from
> Office 2004 in the Office X folders?

I've never tried (when I installed Office 2004, I trashed X for good :-)
).

It might.....

[...]
> > Yeahh, we've all complained vocally about that in the French newsgroup
> > for Office... There is no other dictionarry than the English one... Even
> > in Office 2004. The worst thing is that as far as I've understood it the
> > Office Dictionary is based on Encarta. There are sure many other Encarta
> > dictionaries out there :-(
>
> So if you purchase a country-specific version of Office, are you just
> getting less features?  No definitions at all?  That's really, um,
> aggravating--to be mild.

You're paying more (even though the $ went down soooo much in the past
few years) and you're getting less.
Same thing with MacOS X actually (which is really getting on my nerves
since there is absolutely no differnce between the US and the French CD
-- it's just much much cheaper to get the US version, even adding S&H -
the contrast is even more stricking for Adobe products).

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)
>> Would it work backward?  To just put the Portuguese proofing tools from
>> Office 2004 in the Office X folders?
>
> I've never tried (when I installed Office 2004, I trashed X for good :-)
> ).
>
> It might.....

I have Office X locked away in another user account.  When I have some
excess computer curiosity, maybe I'll try.  Since you can take ClipArt and
Assistants from Office 2001 and put them in Office 2004, a reverse parallel
is probably worth the little time it'd take to test.

Daiya

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
4/19/2005 8:24:16 PM
Daiya Mitchell <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:

> I have Office X locked away in another user account.  When I have some
> excess computer curiosity, maybe I'll try.  Since you can take ClipArt and
> Assistants from Office 2001 and put them in Office 2004, a reverse parallel
> is probably worth the little time it'd take to test.

Yeah but cliparts and assistant are rather simple files. Proofing tools
are extraordinarly complex (usually). Let's hope the format hasn't
chaged :-))
(though I wonder how legal it would be for someone with Office X to
"borrow" the proofing tools from Offia'ce 2004 from someone else...).

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)
>> I have Office X locked away in another user account.  When I have some
>> excess computer curiosity, maybe I'll try.  Since you can take ClipArt and
>> Assistants from Office 2001 and put them in Office 2004, a reverse parallel
>> is probably worth the little time it'd take to test.
>

> Yeah but cliparts and assistant are rather simple files. Proofing tools
> are extraordinarly complex (usually). Let's hope the format hasn't
> chaged :-))

Hmm.  I can't quite tell. I copied the files over. Word launched fine.  I
was able to select text and mark it as Portuguese and Brazilian.  When I
went to Tools | Spelling & Grammar, I got a little message about "Word
cannot find the grammar file for Portuguese" but it appeared to be checking
the spelling, and suggested Te and Ti for The.  I think it would work better
if I had some actual Portuguese to test it on.

Since I don't see any Portuguese grammar files in Office 2004 anyhow, I'm
thinking that message was only to be expected.

So this is the sentence I used, a few times:
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
I tagged one sentence as Portuguese and another as Brazilian.  Then I ran
Tools | Spelling & Grammar.  It seemed to me as though both Word X and Word
2004 produced the same spelling suggestions. I don't think I got grammar
suggestions in either version. In both versions I got noticeably more
suggestions for Portuguese than for Brazilian Portuguese.

Silly me, I had forgotten to check in Office X whether I could tag text as
Portuguese or Brazilian before I added the files.  Okay, I removed the files
and went back--I could tag text, without any proofing tools, but the
spellcheck didn't find anything.

DM

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
4/19/2005 10:39:07 PM
Daiya Mitchell <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:

>   It seemed to me as though both Word X and Word
> 2004 produced the same spelling suggestions. I don't think I got grammar
> suggestions in either version. In both versions I got noticeably more
> suggestions for Portuguese than for Brazilian Portuguese.

Very interesting indeed... I guess havong spelling-cheking only is a
start... It still is much better than nothing at all :_(

Thanks for testing it out Daiya :-))

        Corentin
--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

I will certainly look into the Encarta sugestion, Corentin, as you are
probably right. I didn't think the improvements in Office 2004 were big
enough for me to spend the extra cash...yet. Lets see when a new
version comes out. Yes, I have double-checked and there are no
portuguese proofing tools in the v.X install CD.

Daiya, from what you described...I am sorry, but your portuguese
proofing is not doing much for you!! =3D) So, here is a sentence for you
to try:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
A ligeira raposa marrom pula sobre o cachorro pregui=E7oso.

This is an accurate portuguese (Brazilian) translation. Put the
mistakes wherever you see fit.

Many Thanks to you both!

Thanks...

0
delmonaco (9)
4/20/2005 12:39:22 PM
Hello, again...

I also thought of asking you if you know of any groups which discuss
Virtual PC 7 and Final Draft 7...I am having issues with them.

Thanks.=)

0
delmonaco (9)
4/20/2005 1:43:24 PM
In article <1114004603.979841.15430@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 delmonaco@gmail.com wrote:

> I also thought of asking you if you know of any groups which discuss
> Virtual PC 7

    microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
4/20/2005 2:01:23 PM
> Wow!! You really reach out to give help. I am impressed!!

Well, don't underestimate the power of the quest for pure knowledge (i.e.,
idle curiosity and procrastination).

> The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
> A ligeira raposa marrom pula sobre o cachorro pregui�oso.
>
> This is an accurate portuguese (Brazilian) translation. Put the
> mistakes wherever you see fit.

I will play with that later on and report back.

Daiya

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
4/20/2005 2:30:20 PM
Daiya...

As you can probably tell, this is my first google group.

Indeed, I did underestimate this virtual space as a quest for
knowledge...thanks for dropping the answer about virtualpc group at my
other topic..and thanks too to McGimpsey. =)

Have fun with the portuguese proofing..if you need more material, just
ask..

Cheers.

0
delmonaco (9)
4/20/2005 3:47:12 PM
Del Monaco <delmonaco@gmail.com> wrote:

> As you can probably tell, this is my first google group.

:-)
And it's not even hosted by Google :-))
Google offers a webpage as a front-end for what is called Usenet.

You can access the same groups through the news server your ISP offers
(or in the case of the MS newsgroups, through the MS public server)
through any news-client (Entoruage offers newsgroups support as well,
but there are dedicated applications out there like MT-Newswatcher,
Unisson or MacSoup for instance).

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)
> The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
> A ligeira raposa marrom pula sobre o cachorro pregui�oso.
>
> This is an accurate portuguese (Brazilian) translation. Put the
> mistakes wherever you see fit.

Okay, I tagged the sentence as Portuguese (Brazilian) and entered a few
spelling mistakes (ligiera, marom, cachoro).  Modified Word X suggested all
the proper words. Right-click also offered a lot of synonyms that looked
Portuguese, though the only ones I could tell seemed correct were those for
quick and lazy.  I think we can conclude this works fine.

Daiya

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
4/21/2005 2:49:12 AM
OK!

Well, proofing works fine for me too...but hey, let's leave the
semantics behind. I have been looking to buy other software as
'dictionary'. It appears Tiger will have quite a few of them, as
widgets, on dashboard!! Sounds great!! Looking forward to Tiger's
arrival.

I am glad my portuguese was of any use to you, Daiya. I will try the
Mac version of right-clicking, and experiment with the proofing
dictionaries provided in the Office v. X CD. Will report soon...though,
unfortunately, Portuguese is not one of them! =(   Any clues as to
where I can find it?

Thanks.

0
delmonaco (9)
5/3/2005 5:47:30 PM
On 5/3/05 10:47 AM, in article
1115142450.380235.275210@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, "Del Monaco"
<delmonaco@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, proofing works fine for me too...but hey, let's leave the
> semantics behind. I have been looking to buy other software as
> 'dictionary'. It appears Tiger will have quite a few of them, as
> widgets, on dashboard!! Sounds great!! Looking forward to Tiger's
> arrival.
>
> I am glad my portuguese was of any use to you, Daiya. I will try the
> Mac version of right-clicking, and experiment with the proofing
> dictionaries provided in the Office v. X CD. Will report soon...though,
> unfortunately, Portuguese is not one of them! =(   Any clues as to
> where I can find it?

I think you'd better upgrade to Office 2004 since Portuguese is obviously
essential to you.

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP MacOffice
Entourage FAQ Page: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/index.html>
AppleScripts for Entourage: <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/>

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Microsoft Office you are using -
**2004**, X  or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions
otherwise.

0
berkowit (221)

Excel v.X and Excel 2004/2008 for Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I currently use Microsoft Office v.X for Mac. I am waiting for the new Office for Mac to make its debut before I upgrade, probably in late 2010 or early 2011. <br><br>In the meantime, I have very little experience with Excel. I was thinking of taking some Lynda.com tutorials on Excel, but everything they have is either Windows or newer Mac versions, like Excel 2008:Mac. <br><br>How useful will these &quot;newer&quot; tutorials be in familiarizing a spreasheet neophyte like myself w...

Synchronize Office Information with Pocket PC (Windows Mobile 2003
I've downloaded Office 2007 (Beta2) and Activesync 4.1. Why can't I do the following: 1. Sync or select Contacts, Calendar, Notes in Activesync 4.1 2. Access the Internet from my PPC when partnership was successful. 3. Import/Export mail accounts from Office Outlook(message:"not implemented". ...

Must I convert my VB4 application with Jet DB if I install Office XP
I have a VB4(32) program that accesses an Access 97 database (.mdb) and seems to run fine under my recent upgrade to Windows 2000 Pro. I have Office 97 Pro installed but Windows 2000 Pro has major problems with Office 97 apps, so I am considering upgrading to Office XP. I have been unable to find any info about "fixing" Office 97 to operate properly under W2K Pro. (it often will not load and I have to end it with Task manager). I'm also faced with the problem of not being able to open Office Files I will receive from others using later versions of Office. -- Message posted vi...

printing on 11 x 17 wide printer
We have a HP1220c which allows us to print 11 X 17 . I am trying to print a 5 page excel spreadsheet which I can print with no problem on an HP2200. The problem is it will not print page 1 but 2-5 print ok. Any ideas on what causes this problem? -- QUICK-WRIGHT The One Source Resource www.qwa.com 800 813-1592 Will Sellers IT Manager ...

How do I add the similar points together on the X axis
I manage a staff of 35 people and each has to be issued multiple purcheus orders during the courst of the year. In order to keep trak of whom on my staff has which po I have inputted each po number in to an Excel sperad sheet. As my staff checks them out I put their names next to the number along with the amount they have been issued. Right now I am trying to make a bar graph to see how much each of my staff members has checked out, but I only want to end up with 35 bars (to see each persons total) not 286 bars (the numbers of pos issued so far). So my question is: Is there any way ...

Click on X in upper right corner should save FIRST the file you se
Now, Excel closes the files in the background first. This means that if you by mistake types "no" when Excel asks you "Do you want to save ...(the file in the background)", because you expect to be aked if you want to save the file you are looking at, than you loose all your changes to the file in the bakground. I couldn't reproduce this in xl2002. Each time I had multiple workbooks open, excel prompted me with the activeworkbook's name (if it needed saving). Thorkild wrote: > > Now, Excel closes the files in the background first. This means that if yo...

How do I print graphs poster size (4
In my previous version of Excel I could print graphs in what I think was called "poster". It would print 4 panels on 8 1/2 x 11 that could be connected together to make a poster size graph. It would print dotted lines and solid lines and told where to cut and paste. I cannot find how to do that now that we have upgraded to Excel 2002. The capability that you describe would be really neat to have but AFAIK no version of XL has ever supported it. You must have had some special third party program or add-in. Of course, such a capability might be feature of your printer (driver...

Inserting X-headers in Exchange 2003
In order to use our StrongMail MTA we need to insert X-headers in messages (to determine the sending IPs). Is is possible to insert X-headers in MS Exchange 2003? ...

x-y scatter graph and confused
I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to do a combination bar graph/ x-y scatter graph. I have headings and data for date, last year sales, and this years sales. Dates are formatted as 03/04/08 and sales are formatted for numbers to 1 decimal place. Everything plots fine and "last years sales" are represented by the column bar graph. I have changed "this years sales" to a x-y scatter graph (lines connected to the dots). That combination plots fine. On the x-y graph, I changed the secondary axis to primary axis. I then save the workbook. When I open the workbook, the graph h...

Fulfilment order v Invoice
Here's a poser. We currently use fulfilment orders in workflow. If we create a fulfilment order and save it, and expand the date box, it has already populated the invoice date and tax date. This is despite the invoice not having been created as we have not yet fulfilled the order. Now, if we fulfil the order tomorrow - the fulfilment date will show tomorrows date. We now have an invoice - and it shows the invoice and tax date as yesterday (one day before fulfilment!) Not being funny, but that doesnt sound quite right! You should be creating orders and, on the day you are ready to ...

Reinstall my Office Home and Student 2007
I uninstalled my Office Home & Sudent 2007 by misstake. I have to have 1091 MB free space. I tried to reinstall, but I only have 467 MB free space. Also it says I need a program to install it in. Please help me get my program back on my computer. I think that you'd be better off asking in a newsgroup for your version of Windows, or possible a newsgroup devoted to your product. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website is not all that clear and may have misdirected you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP Free MS-Access downloads: http:/...

[How to ] Out of office
I wan't to send message when user recives mail and is out of office but only one time to one sender's address. rt <kuzynzewschodu@aa.pl> wrote in message news:e9ifj0$g3c$1@helios.domdata.com... >I wan't to send message when user recives mail and is out of office but >only > one time to one sender's address. AFAIK this is Exchange's default behaviour. It is the default behavior to "Internal" sender's only. If you want external senders to receive the Out of office reply, then you need to enable Out of office replies to the Internet,...

How do I chart two separate sets of x and corresponding y values .
I would like to chart two sets of x and y values with each set of x values corresponding to its own set of dependant y values. The two sets of x values for the ordinate are entirely different. It seems like I can only chart two sets of data on the same graph with the same values for x and two separate sets of dependant values for y. Is there any way possible to get around this problem? Select your first set of X&Y data, Insert/ Chart (Chart type XY, & choose an appropriate sub-type)/ other options as appropriate. Now select your second set of X&Y data, Copy, select your c...

Office Excel 2007
When I double click on an Excel file Excel open but the file never loads and the display says DONE. I get a message "cant find file". My guess is that you have a missing or poorly written addin installed that interrupts the startup routine. See help on addins to remove it. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Office Use" <OfficeUse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9177293D-B986-48D5-8A48-CEDAB466813D@microsoft.com... > When I double click on an Excel file Excel open but the file never loads > and > the display says DONE. I get a message "can...

Office 2001 update 9.0.5
anyone...? -- ...rotinom siht edisni deppart m'I !!esaelp em pleH What's your question? On 10/27/04 12:57 PM, "Axel Hammerschmidt" wrote: > anyone...? -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/> What's an MVP? A volunteer! Read the FAQ: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ ...

Excel 2000 closing X
When attempting to exit Excel the X in the top right corner is grayed out. The only way to close the program is to go to file, exit. What is causing the X to be unavailable? How do i fix it? Thanks Do you have the GroupWise add-in installed? You can also close excel by holding down alt while pressing F4 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jo Hunt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030601c3d323$4cdb4360$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When attempting to exit Excel the X in the top right > corner is grayed out. The only way to close the program > is to...

Problems Installing OFFICE SP3
When I seek to install Office SP3 it asks for DATA1OUT.MSI from my original install disk. The file does not exist on my original install disk which is Office 2000 SR1. Does anyone know what I can do to install? Do you have programs installed from different product disks, such as Outlook from the disk that comes with a PDA? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no...

Use Office v. X on new MacBook Pro?
I am about to purchase a new MacBook Pro and want to install the Office package. I currently have the version X, S&T edition. I have taken note of the updates in the 2004 edition, but really just need some basic input about whether or not to purchase the 2004 edition or stick with v. X. I use the suite primarily for word processing and some spreadsheets. I will be using PowerPoint more heavily as well, ultimately opening those files on my PC at work - I don't know what version of Microsoft they are running there. Also...can I just purchase an upgrade for the v. X that I do have? Are...

pls help troubleshoot ms office...unable 2 configure ..so unable
-- mcp Where do you get stuck and in which version of Outlook? Account settings for the largest free email providers can be found here; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/accountsettings.htm BTW: Next time, use the body to specify your configuration and to clarify your request. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Rambo" <Rambo@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

MS Office Is Not Genuine
I purchased an OEM version of MS Office Pro 2003 in June 2004, and I have been using it ever since then, including several occasions of updates (up to SP3). For the past two days I have been getting error messages when I opened an Office application indicating that I do not have a genuine copy of Office. What can I do to LEGITMATELY eliminate this error message? Thanks for your help. Andrew What does the error message tell you to do? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. H...

betatest from Entourage/Office 2010/11 for Mac?
Hi, did anyone know about a betatest from Entourage/Office 2010/11 for Mac? Office 2010 available for Windows - but for Mac? -- VLG Fritz Stockhammer FritzS wrote: > did anyone know about a betatest from Entourage/Office 2010/11 for > Mac? > > Office 2010 available for Windows - but for Mac? The Mac Office betas are usually private and by invitation only. They've never, as I recall, been available to the public for testing although they do seem to get leaked every year. Mac Office is usually 6-12 months behind development time for Windows. They ar...

Sound issues after installing Office 2008
Was wondering if anyone has run into this issue. Just did an install of Office 2008 and did all the updates to 12.1.2. I have a 13" Powerbook G4, 1.33 Ghz, 768 MB ram, OS X 10.4.11. After the install, the sound from all applications is intermittent or nonexistent - Quicktime, web pages, Audacity, and even the "blurps" from the volume control. For example, if I'm playing a MP3 file in Quicktime or iTunes or playing a video in YouTube, the sound goes in and out for a few seconds every few seconds. Or, sometimes, I might not hear any sound at all for ten or fifteen seconds....

Is exchange server a good choice for an office with 5 pcs?
I work for a small company. There is "the boss", a secretary, and two other people who occaisionally use a pc. We had been networking as a workgroup until last week. All pcs had access to various files on a shared network drive. Last week, the owner's son (who works for a large corporation IT department hundreds of miles away) decided we needed to go client server. He purchased a domain server, changed us from workgroup to domain based computing, and installed Exchange Server. Since then we have had lots of problems. This reconfiguration was done without any analysi...

Problem installing Mac Office 2004
Hi,=20 I have installed MS Office 2004 on several computers with no problem=20 except this particular one. Right after I click on the accept button at = the=20 license agreement prompt, the installation ends. Nothing happens after = that.=20 It just quits without any indication. I've tried either using the Setup = Assistant=20 or dragging the Office folder to the Applications folder on hard drive, = and=20 the same problem still occurs. Where should I start to check for the=20 problem? Thank you very much for any help or suggestion By the way, i have never had any previous versions of Of...

microsoft office 2000
I have been trying to install office 2000 on a XP machine and have been running into trouble. I install the software, and then when the computer is shutdown, next time it is started back up, office is gone, it just disappears. Most of the files for office are gone and all the programs are gone. I have also been having this problem with Microsoft publisher 2000. Where I will install it, and then next time I start the computer it will be gone. Anyone have any idea? Is this a legitimate issue of Office? Do you have a Beta Office application on your computer? Are you installing the program a...