Default font for PowerPoint slide

PowerPoint Office 2001, Mac OS 9.1

Is there a way to set a default font so that every time I choose a blank
presentation from the options shown in the "new slide" box that appears,
the default text font and its various attributes will be as I want them
-- say, Arial 24 pt.

Right now every time I open a new blank slide, the default text font is
Times 24 pt.  How did it get to be that?

Thanks for your patience - you can see that I don't use PP very much.
:-/

I've also posted this to the microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint
group.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-09-04; Sam I Am!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

How to set Default Mailbox Limits
Up until now we have had Global settings for our Mailbox Send and Receive limits. We are going to have to give about 50 users the ability to send and receive emails up to 50 MB. I am also going to have to up their mailbox size. I suppose that we need to remove the Global settings and create these settings on the AD accounts (which is ok). My question is does anyone know where you can change the default parameters when a new user is created? I would like for a new user to get our standard limits by default. Currently a new user is created with use Default Limits. Also, is there a better ...

Merchant reciept font size
First thing in the morning when the tills are used they print a very good receipt (in relation to font size) which decreases after the first couple of entries until it is very small. This is the Merchant copy, not the RMS copy. Has anyone come accross this before? The client is using RMS2.0 on XP Thanks, ...

Changing new mail defaults
Hi, I've created & saved some outlook 2003 e-mail templates. We can you them by going new => Choose form but i'm wondering if theres anything i can change to make the new button default to that. thanks, Nick http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Nick asked: | Hi, | I've created & save...

Changing the default highllight for selected cells?
I am new to 2007 XL and the highlighting for selected cells shows such a minimal difference to the original cell highlight (color) that it is very hard to distinguish between what is and is not selected... Any way to change or update the default highlight change for selected cells? Hi, No you can't change the default but Chip Pearson has this rowliner addin http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/RowLiner.htm -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. ...

DocVariable and font caracteristics question
Hello, i am working on a little DocVariable based template and i was unable to find any answer on the "possibility" of the following: I created my DOCVARIABLE Field (actually many of them) I have no problems using vba to add them to my document and manage them and update their value & al Now my issue lies here. While i found out that using \* CHARFORMAT switch in my field code i can modify the font and style of my field and its persistant thru update (when you applies the font and style to the first character of the {[D]OCVARIABLE "varname" \* CHAR...

Font Colors
Can I set up a rule to assign a font color to names. For example, every time I type the word green the font color is green. You could use a find and replace to set the format. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "pblatto" <pblatto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59672E03-3918-459E-AE35-9A14D6C6457F@microsoft.com... > Can I set up a rule to assign a font color to names. For example, every > time > I type the word green the font color is green. Use a...

Missing Font #4
I recently formatted my drive (for a clean start) and installed Windows Vista. I thought that I had backed up everything, but I forgot to back up my fonts. There is a font which I've had for ages and which I use for all sorts of things and which I now do not have. I can't remember where I got it from, perhaps installed with an application or a printer or something. The font is a True Type script font called AncestrySF. Does anyone know where I can get it from, preferably for free? MoMo Might ask on alt.binaries.fonts -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ht...

Visio and Type1 fonts
Is it possible to configure Visio (2003) to utilize Type 1 and Opentype fonts? Michael, No, unfortunately there is no way to configure Visio 2003 to support PostScript fonts. Visio's text rendering engine is built on GDI+, which does not support PostScript fonts. -- Dawn This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Michael Byrnes" <mbyrnes@mailsurf.com.false> wrote in message news:%23dFbfSmsDHA.540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure Visio (2003) to utilize Type 1 and Opentype > fonts? ...

Web font changes in some parts of a page in Publisher 2000
I posted the above subject on 01/23 and received the below reply with a link that would not work...still looking for an answer: A Microsoft Community member has responded to your question entitled "Publisher 2000 Web Page Publication" . Please read the response and indicate whether it answered your question or not. By rating a post as an answer, you help others find the answer more quickly, you give the person who posted the answer credit for their contribution, and you help increase the quality of answers in the discussion group. Read and rate the response If the response did...

Increase notes font, text doesn't autofit into placeholder
In the Notes Master page, I resized text to 24-point so that I can actually see the notes when standing up. The notes (outside of Notes Master) resizes alright, but the autofit-text option is disabled. I don't relish the idea of going through each slide page to turn it back on. Neither do I enjoy the prospect of having to do this repeatedly whenever I change font sizes. Is there a switch or text box property I can set in the Notes Master page to turn on the switch by default for all the slide pages? I can manually override (if ever needed) on a page-by-page basis. I am usi...

Powerpoint password recovery
where do i go to get a password recovered on a PPT, 2003. -- Jeff You'll need to ask in a PPT newsgroup. This is for FrontPage. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "cuflyingdutchman1" <cuflyingdutchman1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9923985-517B-4EDE-B38A-8B985AE9E263@microsoft.com... : where do i go to get a password recovered on a PPT, 2003. : : -- : Jeff On 2/1/2010 8:04 AM, cuflyingdutchman1 wrote: > where do i go to get a password recovered on a PPT, 2003. > G...

Workbook Printing
I am aware that to print a 'worksheet', you can modify your prin options for that worksheet, such as landscape, portrait etc., usin File>Page Setup. Is there an option whereby you can default the 'whole' workbook for specific page setup, so that when printing the worksheets they prin out in the same format -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Group your sheets (right click on a tab and select Select All Sheets) and then use File / Page Setup to set them all up together. -- Andy. "JulianB >" <<JulianB.1509r7@excelforum-nospam.com>...

axis font excel chart?
how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? Right-click on the relevant axis. Format Axis/ Font/ Size: -- David Biddulph "ColinB" <ColinB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B1096F8-87B3-4642-BCC8-0EEE11FE0DED@microsoft.com... > how can I change the font of the scale in an excel chart? ...

Font Sizes and Styles
Dear All, Pub 2000. I set up a style changing font size, color etc, when I come to apply the style to some existing text all changes occur except for the size of the font. Any ideas why this may be? I have tried various ways of creating styles, ie. via the menu and also style by example. TIA Zeta Zeta can you try a new Publisher file and see if this happens. There is some known problems in the Styles. -- ...

Font Issues with New Computer
I got a new laptop last week. Putting some new forms and features ina pre-existing Access 2000 database and am having some very strangeissues.My old laptop was XP Pro and I got XP Pro on the new laptop as well.I am running Access 2000 SP3 like I was before. I also have Office2003 on this same computer like I did before as well.#1 - MS Sans Serif is no longer available to me to select in the fontdrop down box in design view for forms or reports.#2 - I had been using MS Sans Serif quite a bit but since it isn'tavailable I changed to Tahoma, then Arial. The forms look fine on myscreen but ...

change font color of first cell in data table attached to chart
When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Hi Momo, >When I change the color of my font in a data table that I attached to my >column chart, the first cell or what appears to be the name for my first >column along the x-axis will not change color. WHY? Because Excel does not work with the data cell formatting for its graphs but only with the data cells volumes... BTW: Afaik you can not use different colors within the x...

wierd font issue
Pub 2003, Georgia font (which I believe is MS system font)? In one area of a text box, Georgia Italic will produce a square box for lower case j and upper case K. Anyone see this before? I'm hesistant to uninstall/reinstall a system font. Any idears? tnx Rob Giordano (Crash) wrote: > In one area of a text box, Georgia Italic will produce a square box for > lower case j and upper case K. Anyone see this before? You have Font Embedding and Subsetting enabled. As j and K were not in the document in Georgia Italic when it was saved, these characters were not included in the ...

How do you embed a powerpoint show (.pps) into outlook?
I have made a simple 2-page slideshow in powerpoint. I would like to embed the file into an email so that the image of the cover page appears in the email and when you click on it it goes full screen into the 2-page powerpoint "show". Can this be done? ...

Importing PowerPoint slide to a Word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I import (copy and paste) a powerpoint slide to a Word document, the contents of the slide are fuzzy. Readable, if large enough, but fuzzy. Is there someway to correct this? Try Edit>Paste Special and choose "PowerPoint Slide". Cheers On 16/02/10 1:32 PM, in article 59bb2f19.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "CClarke@officeformac.com" <CClarke@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > When I import (...

Opens to Personel Folder by default...How to Change?
I cant seem to find a setting anywhere that will let me change Outlook 2003 to open right up to the Inbox. It keeps going to the Personel Folder....Even right after a clean install....Anyone I know that uses Outlook never had to set anything and it always went straight to the Inbox. Any one know how to change this?? THANKS! Darren, Outlook toolbar: Tools/Options/Further/extended options/Folder with program start Do you search this setting? -- Oliver Vukovics Outlook Network without exchange: Public OutLook Share your Outlook PST with several users! http://www.outlookstore.com &...

Access 2007
Does anyone know if there is a way for me to change the default export location within Access 2007? I export a lot of data to Excel and Access always points to My Documents. I know I can specify that I want the workbook to open automatically, but sometimes I just want to export (fire & forget). Any help is appreciated. � "Tony" <|toxendine@hoopercorp.com|> ������ ��� ������ news:%235$qvqYiKHA.4048@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is a way for me to change the default export > location within Access 2007? I export a lot of...

fonts change from saved file
I set the font to Arial (non-italic) and after I save the PPT file and re-open the file, the font changes to italics. MAC PPT 2008 ...

Default mailbox -- third attempt
Unfortunately, the good people at technet insist that I MUST use the HTTP pages to submit questions and this is my third attempt of doing so. It is a shame I cannot use (according to technet folks) a real newsreader to do this instead of having all messages time out and NEVER get posted. There, now, off of my soapbox and on the the question at hand. Is there a way to configure a default mailbox that receives all messages who's address is unresolved? This would eliminate the bogus address NDR's and allow us to check for misspelled e-mail addresses instead of having the user co...

How to get rid of the fonts list in Control Panel?
Hello, I installed a little program from Moon Software, called Font Loader (having forgotten it is crap, their Font Explorer Lite is fantastic and I thought that's what it was) and I believe it had the option of showing all the fonts in Control Panel. I have uninstalled it, the fonts have remained. I have installed it, changed the options, the fonts remain. I have (again) uninstalled it and the damn fonts are still there. I don't want them there. Does anyone know how to get rid of that CP (presumably) fonts.cpl (although there is no such file on the system) thing?...

Font size in Calendar
I can't find a way to change the font size in any of the Entourage Calendar views. This is something my old Palm desktop can do really easily, surely there has to be a way to do it in Entourage 2004? Thanks ...