Couldn't print so unistalled and now Office won't upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded from a PowerBook to an 24" iMac.  Since the iMac
is my primary machine I uninstalled Office 2004 from my PowerBook and
installed it on my iMac.  Everything was working fine until about a
week ago (I think after I installed the 11.3.4 patch).

(Only) Office was running extremely slow and I was unable to print
from using any of the apps.  I am able to print using other
applications (Pages, etc.).  Out of frustration I uninstalled Office
and tried to re-installed it.

I originally purchased Office 10 and then the upgrade to 2004.  Office
10 works (loads fast but doesn't print).  The upgrader installer tries
to launch and but fails.  I copied the folder to the Applications
folder (as per the upgrade disk) and none of the apps work (they try
but just fail).

I'm not even sure where to look to fix this.  Any help would be
appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

On Feb 16, 10:03 am, chris.st...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded from a PowerBook to an 24" iMac.  Since the iMac
> is my primary machine I uninstalled Office 2004 from my PowerBook and
> installed it on my iMac.  Everything was working fine until about a
> week ago (I think after I installed the 11.3.4 patch).
>
> (Only) Office was running extremely slow and I was unable to print
> from using any of the apps.  I am able to print using other
> applications (Pages, etc.).  Out of frustration I uninstalled Office
> and tried to re-installed it.
>
> I originally purchased Office 10 and then the upgrade to 2004.  Office
> 10 works (loads fast but doesn't print).  The upgrader installer tries
> to launch and but fails.  I copied the folder to the Applications
> folder (as per the upgrade disk) and none of the apps work (they try
> but just fail).
>
> I'm not even sure where to look to fix this.  Any help would be
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

One thing I forgot to mention.  Based on previous newsgroup posts I
also followed these instructions

1) Start up from the OS X install disk, go to the Utilities menu & run
Disk
Utility - Repair Disk (*not* Repair Disk Permissions). If necessary
run it
more than once until no errors are reported. Restart from the HD.

2) Download & install the OS X 10.4.8 Combo Update (Intel), then run
Repair
Disk Permissions.

3) Reinstall your printer driver & repair permissions again.

Still no luck...

Hi Chris -

If you did a drag 'n' drop install of Office 2004 you've wound up with the
original build version on the Install Disk, so quite possibly all you need
to do is download & install the Office 11.3.3 update then run Disk Utility -
Repair Disk Permissions. If that is successful use the 11.3.4 updater as
well, then repair permissions again. However...

In the event that it doesn't or if the update won't apply:

When you "uninstalled" did you use the Remove Office utility or simply drag
the folder to the Trash? If the latter you may have more work ahead to get
things on an even keel.

Do you have any 3rd-party "haxies" installed to enhance/modify OS X or
Office?

How did you go from the PB to the iMac - there seems to be a number of
related complaints by those who have 'migrated' from a PPC to an Intel Mac.
You may need to run Remove Office to eliminate Office all together, then
install Office X, upgrade to & update 2004, repairing permissions at each
step along the way.
--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<chris.stott@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 16, 10:03 am, chris.st...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I recently upgraded from a PowerBook to an 24" iMac.  Since the iMac
>> is my primary machine I uninstalled Office 2004 from my PowerBook and
>> installed it on my iMac.  Everything was working fine until about a
>> week ago (I think after I installed the 11.3.4 patch).
>>
>> (Only) Office was running extremely slow and I was unable to print
>> from using any of the apps.  I am able to print using other
>> applications (Pages, etc.).  Out of frustration I uninstalled Office
>> and tried to re-installed it.
>>
>> I originally purchased Office 10 and then the upgrade to 2004.  Office
>> 10 works (loads fast but doesn't print).  The upgrader installer tries
>> to launch and but fails.  I copied the folder to the Applications
>> folder (as per the upgrade disk) and none of the apps work (they try
>> but just fail).
>>
>> I'm not even sure where to look to fix this.  Any help would be
>> appreciated!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>
> One thing I forgot to mention.  Based on previous newsgroup posts I
> also followed these instructions
>
> 1) Start up from the OS X install disk, go to the Utilities menu & run
> Disk
> Utility - Repair Disk (*not* Repair Disk Permissions). If necessary
> run it
> more than once until no errors are reported. Restart from the HD.
>
> 2) Download & install the OS X 10.4.8 Combo Update (Intel), then run
> Repair
> Disk Permissions.
>
> 3) Reinstall your printer driver & repair permissions again.
>
> Still no luck...

0
CyberTaz
2/16/2007 5:35:52 PM
One other question - Did/does the iMac have the Office 2004 Test Drive
installed?

--
Regards |:>)
Bob Jones

"CyberTaz" <typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> folder (as per the upgrade disk) and none of the apps work (they try
>>> but just fail).
>>>
>>> I'm not even sure where to look to fix this.  Any help would be
>>> appreciated!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Chris
>>
>> One thing I forgot to mention.  Based on previous newsgroup posts I
>> also followed these instructions
>>
>> 1) Start up from the OS X install disk, go to the Utilities menu & run
>> Disk
>> Utility - Repair Disk (*not* Repair Disk Permissions). If necessary
>> run it
>> more than once until no errors are reported. Restart from the HD.
>>
>> 2) Download & install the OS X 10.4.8 Combo Update (Intel), then run
>> Repair
>> Disk Permissions.
>>
>> 3) Reinstall your printer driver & repair permissions again.

0
CyberTaz
2/16/2007 5:43:25 PM
Hi Bob,

When I moved to iMac I used the migration tool provided by Apple - I
guess this is my first 'real' install of 2004 on my iMac.

For 2004 I dragged the upgrade version.  When I click on the icons
they just bounce and then disappear.  Would applying 11.3.3 make it
work?  It is acting like it isn't even able to load the application?
(I haven't even put in the activation codes).

When I uninstalled I first used the Remove Office on of the Office X
disk - it only picked up on the Office X files.  I then used the one
on the Office 2004 disk - it found Office preference files for Office
X and Office 2004.  I had to run it a couple of times before it said
that they couldn't be found.

As for Haxies - I have QuickSilver, LittleSnitch, Default Apps,
Flip4Mac WMV, MySQL and Witch.  I also have Parallels if that makes a
difference.

Thanks,
Chris

OK - wasn't clear before, but if I'm understanding you now the current
status of your situation is:

1) You have Removed Office from the Mac completely, then
2) You have dragged the Office folder from the 2004 Upgrade disk,
3) Your Office apps won't launch

It appears the problem is this:

The Office 2004 *Upgrade* needs to have a prior version of Office installed
in order to work. However, you have _removed_ the prior version which was to
be _upgraded_ - It would be different if you were installing the full
version of 2004. Try launching an Office app while you have your Office *X*
disk in the drive. If we're lucky you'll probably receive a few prompts.
Comply with them & all should go smoothly from there on. Then you can apply
the Office updates, repair permissions - but the 11.3.3/.4 updates won't do
any good at this point.

If that doesn't work I suggest that you do the following:

1- Run Remove Office (2004 disk) again to clear any traces,
2- Do a standard installation of Office _X_, then repair permissions,
3- Now install the 2004 upgrade of your previous version, apply the 11.3.3
update & repair permissions again. If all goes well apply the 11.3.4 update,
repair permissions once again & you should be good to go.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/16/07 1:24 PM, in article
1171650280.358822.104570@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com,
"chris.stott@gmail.com" <chris.stott@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> When I moved to iMac I used the migration tool provided by Apple - I
> guess this is my first 'real' install of 2004 on my iMac.
>
> For 2004 I dragged the upgrade version.  When I click on the icons
> they just bounce and then disappear.  Would applying 11.3.3 make it
> work?  It is acting like it isn't even able to load the application?
> (I haven't even put in the activation codes).
>
> When I uninstalled I first used the Remove Office on of the Office X
> disk - it only picked up on the Office X files.  I then used the one
> on the Office 2004 disk - it found Office preference files for Office
> X and Office 2004.  I had to run it a couple of times before it said
> that they couldn't be found.
>
> As for Haxies - I have QuickSilver, LittleSnitch, Default Apps,
> Flip4Mac WMV, MySQL and Witch.  I also have Parallels if that makes a
> difference.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your patience.  I had already installed Office X.  Since I
had Removed Office using all the available tools I tried your steps.
Here is what happened.

> 1- Run Remove Office (2004 disk) again to clear any traces,
Ran several times to make sure no traces of any version.  Last run
couldn't find any version.

> 2- Do a standard installation of Office _X_, then repair permissions,
Completed.  Office X works but I still can't print.

> 3- Now install the 2004 upgrade of your previous version, apply the 11.3.3
> update & repair permissions again. If all goes well apply the 11.3.4 update,
> repair permissions once again & you should be good to go.
Failed.  When I launched the installer it just bounced and
disappeared.

I also tried installing the Office 10 patch.  Still didn't make a
difference.

Chris

Then it now appears you're facing two issues:

1- > Completed.  Office X works but I still can't print.

Can you be more specific about what happens when you _try_ to print? Is
there an error message - if so what exactly does it say? Printing problems
are quite unlikely to be caused by Office - that is an OS/driver service. If
X works (except for printing) follow the guidelines here:

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CantPrint.html

Once Office X is 'resolved' you can more clearly focus on getting back to
2004. Note: I checked a bit into Quicksilver & Witch. Although I've never
used either these are the type of 'haxies' that _can_ cause problems. It
isn't that either is overly suspect, but the combination of the 2 might be
contributing to your situation. Did the addition of either of them happen to
coincide with the origin of problems?

2- > Failed.  When I launched the installer it just bounced and disappeared.

This seems to be a random issue with the Office Installer and "some" Intel
Macs. In these cases a drag 'n' drop installation usually works. However,
even if it is successful I seriously doubt it will resolve the printing
issue - as indicated above that is originating outside Office & need to be
resolved ****first*, otherwise it will just persist in 2004.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/17/07 4:31 PM, in article
1171747865.354800.67710@p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com,
"chris.stott@gmail.com" <chris.stott@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> Thanks for your patience.  I had already installed Office X.  Since I
> had Removed Office using all the available tools I tried your steps.
> Here is what happened.
>
>> 1- Run Remove Office (2004 disk) again to clear any traces,
> Ran several times to make sure no traces of any version.  Last run
> couldn't find any version.
>
>> 2- Do a standard installation of Office _X_, then repair permissions,
> Completed.  Office X works but I still can't print.
>
>> 3- Now install the 2004 upgrade of your previous version, apply the 11.3.3
>> update & repair permissions again. If all goes well apply the 11.3.4 update,
>> repair permissions once again & you should be good to go.
> Failed.  When I launched the installer it just bounced and
> disappeared.
>
> I also tried installing the Office 10 patch.  Still didn't make a
> difference.
>
> Chris

Hi Bob,

The good news is that I fixed it and that it looks like it wasn't an
Office issue.  The bad news I'm not exactly sure why.

> 1- > Completed.  Office X works but I still can't print.
>
> Can you be more specific about what happens when you _try_ to print? Is
> there an error message - if so what exactly does it say? Printing problems
> are quite unlikely to be caused by Office - that is an OS/driver service. If
> X works (except for printing) follow the guidelines here:
>
> http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CantPrint.html

I tried the recommendations on word.mvps.org without much luck.  The
error message from Office was as follows:

Word cannot print due to a problem with the current printer. Make sure
you have a printer selected in Print Center. You may need to print
again or adjust your printer settings.

> Once Office X is 'resolved' you can more clearly focus on getting back to
> 2004. Note: I checked a bit into Quicksilver & Witch. Although I've never
> used either these are the type of 'haxies' that _can_ cause problems. It
> isn't that either is overly suspect, but the combination of the 2 might be
> contributing to your situation. Did the addition of either of them happen to
> coincide with the origin of problems?

No.  Both of them have been there for quite a while and printing
worked before.

> 2- > Failed.  When I launched the installer it just bounced and disappeared.
>
> This seems to be a random issue with the Office Installer and "some" Intel
> Macs. In these cases a drag 'n' drop installation usually works. However,
> even if it is successful I seriously doubt it will resolve the printing
> issue - as indicated above that is originating outside Office & need to be
> resolved ****first*, otherwise it will just persist in 2004.

After doing some sniffing around on the Apple support site it seems
like this is a problem with a number applications.  The repeated
solution mentioned reinstalling Mac OSX but to maintain and archive
the user accounts on the computer.  I did this based on the following
link:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Tiger_Install_Setup_Guide.pdf

After doing that I reinstalled the print drivers, completed the
install of Office 2004 and everything worked.  Doing the reinstall
removed all my Haxies.  I'm a little tentative about adding them back
because I need to print more than I need those (Quicksilver still
works from my user profile).  I'll likely reinstall Little Snitch (it
is a network tool) and FlipMac (so I can see Windows movies).

Thanks for all your suggestions.
Chris

Congrats!!! What you essentially wound up doing is taking a shortcut to
where you were most likely headed in the first place :) If the "Can't
Print..." material on the web site didn't resolve it the OS print services
were the next place to go - Archive & Install is one way to "get 'er done".

Thanks for reporting back with your details... I'm sure it will be useful to
others.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/18/07 2:43 PM, in article
1171827780.180415.12210@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
"chris.stott@gmail.com" <chris.stott@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> The good news is that I fixed it and that it looks like it wasn't an
> Office issue.  The bad news I'm not exactly sure why.
>

>> 1- > Completed.  Office X works but I still can't print.
>>
>> Can you be more specific about what happens when you _try_ to print? Is
>> there an error message - if so what exactly does it say? Printing problems
>> are quite unlikely to be caused by Office - that is an OS/driver service. If
>> X works (except for printing) follow the guidelines here:
>>
>> http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CantPrint.html
>>

> I tried the recommendations on word.mvps.org without much luck.  The
> error message from Office was as follows:
>
> Word cannot print due to a problem with the current printer. Make sure
> you have a printer selected in Print Center. You may need to print
> again or adjust your printer settings.
>
>> Once Office X is 'resolved' you can more clearly focus on getting back to
>> 2004. Note: I checked a bit into Quicksilver & Witch. Although I've never
>> used either these are the type of 'haxies' that _can_ cause problems. It
>> isn't that either is overly suspect, but the combination of the 2 might be
>> contributing to your situation. Did the addition of either of them happen to
>> coincide with the origin of problems?
>>

> No.  Both of them have been there for quite a while and printing
> worked before.
>
>> 2- > Failed.  When I launched the installer it just bounced and disappeared.
>>
>> This seems to be a random issue with the Office Installer and "some" Intel
>> Macs. In these cases a drag 'n' drop installation usually works. However,
>> even if it is successful I seriously doubt it will resolve the printing
>> issue - as indicated above that is originating outside Office & need to be
>> resolved ****first*, otherwise it will just persist in 2004.
>>

> After doing some sniffing around on the Apple support site it seems
> like this is a problem with a number applications.  The repeated
> solution mentioned reinstalling Mac OSX but to maintain and archive
> the user accounts on the computer.  I did this based on the following
> link:
>
> http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Tiger_Install_Setup_Guide.pdf
>
> After doing that I reinstalled the print drivers, completed the
> install of Office 2004 and everything worked.  Doing the reinstall
> removed all my Haxies.  I'm a little tentative about adding them back
> because I need to print more than I need those (Quicksilver still
> works from my user profile).  I'll likely reinstall Little Snitch (it
> is a network tool) and FlipMac (so I can see Windows movies).
>
> Thanks for all your suggestions.
> Chris

Hi Chris:

On 19/2/07 6:43 AM, in article
1171827780.180415.12210@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
"chris.stott@gmail.com" <chris.stott@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Doing the reinstall
> removed all my Haxies.  I'm a little tentative about adding them back
> because I need to print more than I need those (Quicksilver still
> works from my user profile).  I'll likely reinstall Little Snitch (it
> is a network tool) and FlipMac (so I can see Windows movies).

FlipforMac is perfectly safe.  LittleSnitch might be a problem: it interacts
with the network -- anything that interacts with the network needs to be
carefully tested.

Cheers

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)

Printing Question #5
How do I print worksheet pages from various workbooks from one worksheet. Either an Excel or VBA solution woudld be fine. Thanks, John John In VBA you could open all the workbooks and then print them, this code opens two and prints everything in each Sub PrintOtherBooks() Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook Set wb1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Book1.xls") wb1.PrintOut wb1.Close SaveChanges:=False Set wb1 = Nothing Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Book2.xls") wb2.PrintOut wb2.Close SaveChanges:=False Set wb2 = Nothing End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampt...

Seeking way to "Select All" when trying to Run Rules Now
I have dozens and dozens of rules. Is there someway, other than checking each one individually to run them ALL when choosing the Run Rules Now feature? Thanks! Ben -- Teachers Live Forever! There is in Outlook 2007 (VBA code), but not earlier versions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Ben Feese" <feese(notthis)@maysvilleky...

Upgrade path from 6.0 to 8.0? Fastest...
What is the fastest upgrade path from greatplains 6.0 to 8.0? I would rather not have to go through intermediate GP versions to upgrade the database. Is there a reliable way around this? Are there some utilities or docs to assist in this? thanks. Chris csiege@trimeris.com That path is not supported. You have to go through 7.5. Hopefully, you are at least on SQL Server. "trimer@community.nospam.com" wrote: > What is the fastest upgrade path from greatplains 6.0 to 8.0? > I would rather not have to go through intermediate GP versions > to upgrade the database. Is t...

Label Printing #2
In Store Operations Manager When the Wizard is used for printing labels and a quantity is entered for each individual item. Randomly the number of labels that print for each item is less than the number selected in the wizard. Any ideas ? Emer, What type of label printer and what driver are you using for that printer? -- * "Emer" <Emer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637B6F2D-02A6-449C-8142-073512E9C92B@microsoft.com... In Store Operations Manager When the Wizard is used for printing labels and a quantity is entered for each individual item. Ran...

MS Office has encountered a problem . . .
I must have done something to a form or its code. Seemingly all of a sudden when I close my db I get the above message. I've run into this message a while back and decompiled successfully solving that issue. This time I cannot get past it. It appears the db is working fine up until closing when the error occurs -- and it occurs only if I have opened a specific form that has subforms. (Yes, they are linked properly.) If I don't open that form the db closes properly. When the error occurs I check my tables and all my work has been saved. Seems not a problem -- but...big but. ...

Printing Credits
Is there a way to load a list of credits that are on different accounts and print them all at one time? Eric Hi Eric, I do not understand the question. When you say credits do you mean sales, vendors, customers, journal entries. Where and how are you loading the list of credits? Kind regards, Leslie "esf1999" wrote: > Is there a way to load a list of credits that are on different accounts and > print them all at one time? > > Eric ...

Office 2004 will not install on MacBook Pro
Hi, I would be grateful for some help from any expert in the group. I have just bought a new MacBook Pro 17 inch. I have run Remove Office several times and tried to install my legitimate copy of MS Office:mac 2004 from disc. Each time I run Remove it tells me that there are files in Preferences. I select Remove and Empty Trash. I have also checked the Preferences folders and removed any Microsoft files manually. I have secure emptied the trash. And this just repeats... Every time I launch the installer it whirrs for a few seconds then quits. No amount of double clicking will r...

Check printing issues
I've been using Microsoft Money for 6 or 7 years, but there are still things I haven't figured out how to do (or if they are doable); my current version is Money 2003. I use the "three on a page" homeowner check style. For printing partial pages, after one check is printed, money wants me to put the rest of the checks into the printer sideways--and I always get messed up when I do this. My printer, a Brother MFC 4650, has no problem printing pages as short as 5". A single check plus the bottom tab is 5 1/4 inches, so there is no reason for me to turn the checks for a pa...

Print to File Technique
Hi! I used the Option: Print\Print to File (Check) Now i am unable to open the file which xl has created using "Print t File" Check in Print Dialog box. What i want to do is: I want to transfer all the day, necessary files to some place say Prin to file. And at the end i give all print commands to print the variou documents. Can any one tell me how to use the check Print to File. Thanks in advance. Jabee -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you used print to file and used your printer driver to make this .prn file, then you can't open it later to see anyth...

resizing worksheet when printing
Seem to be having problem resizing the worksheet. I went to page setup and set the scaling of 50%, but when i preview and print it still show 100%.Why is that? Previously it was printing with normally with the scaling of 50%,but now its not.Could you please help me? thanks. ACtually the option "Fit to" is not checked. Apparently on the other computer is doing fine, except the other one which doesn't seem to scale the worksheet for printing.I'm using excel 2000. Could it got to do wit the printer?? >-----Original Message----- >Ann, >-----Original Message----- &...

problems with Window.print()
Hello, We have a problem where the Window.print() command does not work from custom forms that are hosted from the isv.config file,After clicking the print button on the print dialog box, it displays the print icon on the internet explorer status bar, but does not send the output to the printer. Any ideas? ...

Print Business Card in Card Style with Company Name
Using Outlook 2007 SP2. Viewing the contacts in card style format shows the companyname field. But when printing, the companyname is not printing. How can I get it to print with the company name? ...

Macro problem
Hi, I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf scores. The spreadsheet uses a macro for copying the scores to a database sheet and to a statistics sheet. When running this macro the process fails on the statistics sheet. It involves copying 2 matrices from the scorecard sheet to the statistics sheet. If I uninstall the security updates for Excel 2007 in Windows 7 the spreadsheet works like a charm. I usually just removes all excel updates and unchecks updates for excel in Windows Update. However, now I have this update, that keeps installing itself after a reboot (KB982308). I ...

Outlook calendar printing problem
I am running Outlook 2003 on Win98 and I cannot get a weekly calendar to print starting on Sunday. I have gone to Tools->Options->Calendar Options, selected all days of the week and selected Sunday as the first day of the week. In the weekly style print setup I select left to right for arrangement and yet the printout still starts the week on Monday. If I change the first day of the week to any other day in the options menu the weekly calendar prints starting with that day of the week. For example, if I select Wednesday as the first day of the week, the printed weekly calendar sta...

excel 2003 printing problem #2
After upgrading several PC 's to Office 2003 we are having a printing problem in Excel. The user will print several print outs and all of a sudden they can no longer print. So far the only fix has been to change to a different printer or reinstall the printer. Then they will be able to print a few more sheets before it stops again. This is only happening in Excel. Word will print fine all day long with no problems. All the printer drivers have been updated. Has anyone else experinced this issue or know of a solution? The Os are XP,and Windows 2000 Pro versions. The previous Office w...

VAT report should be to print without using system password
Currently when print VAT report (used for UK), tools-routines-company-vat return, need to enter system password and then can print report. Should be able to print VAT report without entering system password. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

New Computer: Moving Office 2002
My company sent me a new computer (one of their castoffs) for my home office. I have reformatted the machine and reinstalled the OS. I can reinstall all the apps but how do I MOVE all my outlook 2002 account settings, rules, shortcuts and files to the new computer. I have connected the computers together on a LAN and can move files between each other but I know that the PST is not enough. Thanks. On 14 Apr 2004 03:04, "The Unknown Poster" <whatseMail@none.com> wrote: >My company sent me a new computer (one of their castoffs) for my home >office. >I have reformat...

Form print problem
Hi I'm not if this is the right place to post this issue, but here we go: I have a database application, which when prompted prints out a detail section of a form. This has been working nicely in access 2000, in which the application has been developed. Now I have installed access 2003, and suddenly an empty blank page is printed before the actual page. In the design view under page setup I can see that the paper size is "Letter" - In access 2000, however, the paper size was set to "A4". I can't change the setting - it always reverts to "Letter". I ...

need to print other side of a double sided publication
I am printing a 24 page publication booklet on 8.5 x 11 paper, I printed 10 copies of one side, then a jam occured and I had to clear, then I couldn't print the other side, do I need to start over? It may depend on which version of Publisher you are using. Let the folks know. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Crod" <Crod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5314A73-4173-4B84-A21C-20B3FF49DEF7@microsoft.com... >I am printing a 24 page publication booklet on 8.5 x 11 paper, I printed 10 > copies of one side, then a jam occured and I had to clear, then I coul...

Office Outlook 2007
How can I restore "prepare to send/receive" How can I get this to work? wrote: > How can I restore "prepare to send/receive" Please read these two articles and if you still have any more questions, you can come back here: <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375> hth -- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A...

Excel 2003 printing oddity - missing border
This is an odd one - I've got a spreadsheet that I've been printing quite happily on legal-sized paper. When I print the same document, however, on 11 x 17 paper, exactly one of the borders is not printing - it's the border between Column C and Column D. There are absolutely no other issues - everything else looks exactly the same as on legal paper, just bigger. Any clues? Many thanks - ...

upgrading hardware
currently running SQL 2000 with Windows 2000 OS and we are going to install new drives on it as we are running out of space. My question is --which is the best method; to remove the old drives and restore the databases on them from a backup or detach and move the databases to a holding drive while the new drive is installed, then move it back and re-attach? What are the pitfalls with either method? Thanks! Margaret Margaret- I have done it both ways in the past. My preference is usually to backup and then restore. I would recommend though, before attempting either of the options, to...

Dynamics Utilities Fails when upgrading to GP 9 Service Pack 3
We have a client that is attempting to load GP9 service pack 3. After the install is completed, the machine was rebooted and the dynamics utilites was ran. While utilities is running (the window states "Server Installation Progress"), an error message pops up stating "File Not Found C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\Upgrade\2277\9.0.282\Driver.ini" After this error utilities does not complete and the install fails. I have looked at the directory on this machine and a 9.0.282 folder does not exist. Why is the upgrade looking for it and how can we proceed ...

Problem printing more than one copy in excel
I have a one page document that I want to print multiple copies of. I increase the number of copies to 10 and print. The first page looks good, but the remaining 9 pages have lines missing from the tables. I have never come across this problem before. Re-define your print area and see if that helps. ...

Upgrading MS CRM 3.0 to MS CRM 4.0
We have an MS CRM 3.0 setup and running well for quite long time. We would like to upgrade it to MS CRM 4.0. Current setup is, 1. Lot of reports added & customized for user needs 2. Lot of entities added & customized for user needs 3. Lot of forms added & customized for user needs 4. Lot of custom developed pages added (developed in ASP.NET 1.1). Of course it's running on separate site but integrated inside the MS CRM 3.0 (so typically used MS CRM 3.0 service calls) 5. Lot of Stored Procedure's & View's added 6. Customized the settings based on user needs My do...