copy form exel spredsheat

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

I try to copy from mac exel to flash drive.Copy and paste shows on flash in 3 section. i need origenal copy on one page
0
meissner1 (1)

Don't copy / paste & don't do it while the file is open. Insert the stick,
navigate in Finder to where the file is stored, then drag the file icon to
the stick icon.

Alternatively, while the file is open in Excel you can use File>Save As to
save a copy to the device.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/10/09 2:05 AM, in article 59b79ead.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"meissner@officeformac.com" <meissner@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004
> Processor: Intel
>
> I try to copy from mac exel to flash drive.Copy and paste shows on flash in 3
> section. i need origenal copy on one page

C: drive copy / backup to D:
I have installed a second hard drive (D:) which I intend to be a backup for the C: drive. All I would like to do is copy the entire C: drive to the D: drive on a weekly schedule. I've looked into the Backup utility in XP and it's close to what I want, but it makes a bkf file rather than a copy. This is not as convenient for me (I'd like to be able to manually examine the files on D:) also I read the bkf file is corrupted even with a single bit error. I've looked at some other freeware programs but its the same deal, although the compressed format differs from product ...

Logical tests between Word form text fields
I have a Drop-Down form field with "Yes" and "No". I want to place the value 4 in a Text form field in the same document if the user selects "Yes" in the Drop-Down field. I set the Text form field to type "Calculation" but can not figure out the formula to use that doesn't return a Syntax error or "Undefined Bookmark, Yes". While I have Word 2007, I need to create this form for users with 2003 and so am using Legacy form fields. Hi jstern, Instead of using a calculation formfield, I'd suggest an ordinary formula field,...

copy rows with values
Hi First step is no problem: in Sheet1 col AI this formula is inserted with VB to add age groups =OM(OCH(Age>=0;Age<7);"a. 0-6";OM(OCH(Age>6;Age<16);"b. 7-15";OM(OCH(Age>15;Age<26);"c. 16-25";OM(OCH(Age>25);"d. 26-";"")))) Col is autofilled to last used row. In next step I loop thru these rows to find certain rows and copy them to Sheet2. Problem is that formula on each row is then copied. Instead I need it to be values only! Needs to work in Excel 2003 and 2007. Sheet1 can have >20 000 rows Any s...

store the results of a form calculation in a table field
I have read the replies to other similar queries and understand the 'whys' of not storing calculated data. I may be too narrow in my thinking, but can't see any other way of achieving what I need: I am storing geographical (Latitude and Longitude) coordinate data, in the format Degrees, Minutes, Seconds (DMS) with each in its own field. Later in the process I am converting from DMS to decimal using a calculated field in a form. All good so far. For data integrity purposes, I need to be able to prove that each entry is absolutely unique. What I was trying to do to achiev...

VBA code for copying on a range were cells are blank
Hi everyone, me again!! So, you were all so helpful with my earlier prob, thought i'd keep you going with another prob i'm having. OK, so what I want to do (in VBA if poss), is to search the range B2:E2 and see if they are blank. If yes, then I want to copy the cells above and then carry on searching that range. I can't do it upwards as its likely that there are going to be more than one set of blanks, e,g. A B C D E F 1 Joe Bloggs | 309873 | Smith, John | 08:00 | 12:00 | Back Office 2 | | ...

Embded form as subform and validation
I have an form name mainform that is login form with cmd buttons to open other forms on click event of button on mainlogin form ,form2 will open on the form 2 i have an embeded subform ,form3 which is based on a query now i created an event form2_beforeupdate(cancel as integer) dim press as string if form!form2!subform!form3.[x] >form!form2!subform!form.[y] then press=msgbox("x can't be > y") cancel=true endif endsub kindly advise what is wrong with code and also advise how to refer such form built on querys to refer on main form events please balu ...

Copy contents of a cell into a blank cell
How do I copy the contents of cell B2 into cell D2 only if D2 is empty Hi It cannot be done with a formula - only with VBA. The following code should achieve what you described Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$D$2" Then If Range("D2") = "" Then Range("D2") = Range("B2").Value End If End Sub To Use Copy Code above Right click on sheet tab>View Code Paste code into white pane that appears Alt+F11 to return to Excel -- Regards Roger Govier "fire9...

access forms 01-28-10
I am new to Access. There is an existing Access database that I am working with. I can see all the tables, queries and forms. Do forms pull data from tables or are forms their own entity that have their own data source? I was kind of under the impression that both queries and forms have to pull data from a table but I am not sure. I tried to find what the data source for a form was but i could not. All data is stored in tables. Forms have a RecordSource property which can be a table or a query, either as a saved query or as an SQL statement. A query can get data from one o...

changes to master copy of worksheet automatically updates a copy in another location
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hoping to make copies of worksheets that will update automatically when worksheets in the master set are modified. Is that possible? Would one do it by linking the whole sheet? I had to do something similar to this, this summer when my mother was in nursing home and I had to pay here bills. I had to put information in a given cell on page of the next succeeding sheet: this is but one example: =SUM(Sheet1!F19). Note the ! is not a mistake. If not in there it won't work. you have to do that for each instance need. The...

Business Unit Form Customization
It would appear that there are unmapped 'string' fields (specifically: 'fileasname') within the BusinessUnit table that would be suitable for my companies' use, however I am unable to find any simple means of inserting them into the Business Unit form. What suggested, and probably unsupported, methods might I use? Jim, It seems the the BusinessUnit table is locked down and isn't able to be customized in a supported manner. If you look at the Entity table in the Metabase DB, you will notice that there is a column IsCustomizable there. For the BusinessUnit, this valu...

Forms and simple expressions
I am set up a simple expression in a form (Field A+Field B+Field C, etc) and the value that access is calculating is not appearing in the table that I have the form linked too. Any assistance to help explain and correct this would be much appreciated! Did you set its Control Source to the appropriate field in your table? -- Hope this helps, Daniel P "Michael" wrote: > I am set up a simple expression in a form (Field A+Field B+Field C, etc) and > the value that access is calculating is not appearing in the table that I > have the form linked too. Any assistanc...

Copying File Properties of Excel Worksheet
Hello I want to know if it is possible to enter all the file properties, Title, Subject Author, Manager, Company Category, key words from the File>>Properties>>Summary menu and copy these into other Worksheets automatically. can this be done with a MACRO or script? Trying to find a way to get lazy people to fill in these blanks Serno001 Worksheets don't have Properties. Workbooks have Properties. Why would you want to copy the same properties data to each workbook? Wouldn't a lot of those custom properties be unique to its own workbook? Like Author, keywords etc....

Custom Sort Order in a Form
Hello, I am trying to set the sort order to a custom setting in an Access Form (2k). I have a field with data "High", "Medium", "Low". If I sort normal the data is viewed High, Low, Medium. I want it to sort H,M,L. Is there anyway to do this? Thanks Create a table along the lines of: RatingValue SortOrder High 1 Medium 2 Low 3 Sort on the SortOrder field. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "jrizzo77" <jrizzo77@yahoo.c...

Refresh calling form
My main form opens a form that makes changes to the data bound to a subform in my main form. Trying to keep everything as generic as possible, what I want to do is something like this: if strParentName <> "" Then if CurrentProject.AllForms(strParentName).Isloaded Then Forms(strParentName).Filter=Forms(strParentName).Filter (forces refresh) For each <subform> in <Parent form reference> <force a refresh of that subform> Next <subform> endif endif What's the syntax for the "for each..." structure? T...

Copying values between worksheets
This seems a simple problem, but I can't find the answer: I am setting up multiple worksheets (one per month); the closing balance on Jan becomes the opening balance on Feb; if, for example, the opening balance is in cell F38 and the closing one in F42, then in cell F38 in Feb I enter =, then click on F42 in the Jan sheet. However copying across to the other sheets results in all sheets referencing Jan!F42. I understand why sheets can't be treated in a relative way, but is there an easy way of copying this without resorting to VBA? Cheers, ABriggs -- ABriggs -----------------...

Creating a calculated field using dates in a form
I am trying to use dates from 2 fields in a form (HireDate-DOB) to calculate age. Then, using the age, I want to display a message if the age is less than 18. I think I have written a conditional statement correctly, but am unsure where to place it so that the message displays when the condition is met. I am totally new to Access 2007 and VB. You did not say what the content of your 'conditional statement' was and how you plan on using it. What has HireDate to do with it? Is it you want to see if their age is less than 18 on the date of hiring? Then this will c...

Chart background color not copying along
Hi, I have a problem with charts that are placed on seperate chartsheets within my workbook. The chart-area is filled in different of yellow with a fill-effect. No problems thus far. But now when I'm copying the chart to word, the background-fill is reset to a black/white scheme instead of yellow. Strange behaviour that didn't occur up till november 2008. I've been researching this for a while. Up till now I found the following: This only happens when the chart is on a seperate sheet, not when it is positioned on a worksheet. It only happens with fill-effects. The color-swit...

Copying "To-Do List" entries to Word or Excel
I track all of my "things to do" on Outlook 2007 Tasks manager. I want to be able to print "to do lists" for specific categories and be able to transfer all of "to do" entries under a specific category, ie, Monthly Team Meeting, into a Word document to edit for agendas. How can I export my list of "things to do" from Tasks to be used hard copy or in Word? -- Tom Copy and paste... see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Printing Form Help
I have set up a database that at the end prints out all reports. I am making a table/form/report that is gonna have optional info on it, which will be accessed from a optional button that can be clicked within the form. If a person clicks this button to enter optional information how can i program access to print that report along with the other reports I have. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201002/1 Continuing: I guess I could have access print all pages like it does now but is there a way to get it to ...

msgbox on close of form
Hello all (sorry if this post appears twice, i already sent a post but it has not showed up in the group) I want a msgbox to appear on the close of the form if the following is true, [status] = "engineered" and [bom] = "0" or [status] = "engineered" and [labour] ="0" the form should stay open until one of the above states changes. any help appreciated "Maax" <Maax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E01E720-DAFE-4340-B585-7881B539DBC0@microsoft.com... > Hello all (sorry if this post appears twice, i already se...

format date time combo on a form
Hi all. Firstly thanks to all those that offer advise on these forums. I am linking an access database to a csv file (that I pull out of contact manager because linking the two directly doesn't show all fileds). Anyway, I get a date value such as "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss AM" for one of the fields. Now i would like to put just the date into a report "dd\mm\yyyy" but no matter what i do, I always get the whole kit and kaboodle (i try mask etc). because the original data is linked I cant modify it so I have to figure out a way to do it on the report. any Ideas? thanks!...

Caption Form doesn't fill in correctly
On some docs, notably saved from Rhapsody Report, the Word Caption form fills in Right to Left instead of Left to Right. Makes it hard to work with it. How do I determine what is wrong and fix it? Memo to Microsoft: This problem would be easier to define if users could attach screen prints... Presumably this happens because your Caption style is defined as right-aligned? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "HighlandsHillbilly" <HighlandsHillbilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

How to copy shortcuts and special folders.
Hi, I would like to ask how to copy shortcuts and special folders. I could not find too much information in the help. Is it posible to find even any samples somwhere? Thanks, Lubomir Which special folder? Try GetSpecialFolder or find your folder then use this to copy them BOOL CopyFiles(CString Filename,CString To) { SHFILEOPSTRUCT FileOpStruct; char *Temp = new char[Filename.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp,"%s",Filename); char *Temp1 = new char[To.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp1,"%s",To); ZeroMemory(&FileOpStruct,sizeof(SHFILEOPSTRUCT)); FileOpStr...

copy paste format problem
I am copy/paste data from emails to excel. The font in the email doesn't fit the cells. I get a clip board asking me if I want to match the destionation, I have to click on that I do everytime I input the data. Any help?? Thanks Try to Right click on the destination cell and Paste Special... then select Values. It should just paste it as Excel's default text. "Cherie" wrote: > I am copy/paste data from emails to excel. The font in the email doesn't fit > the cells. > I get a clip board asking me if I want to match the destionation, I have to > click on...