Contacts appear as mail items

Hi - Contacts from the Exchange server appear as mail items.  WebDAV and
HTTP Keep Alives are enabled.  Any other suggestions to correct the problem?

Thanks!

0
acottrell (1)

Amy Cottrell <acottrell@getapproved.com> wrote:
> Hi - Contacts from the Exchange server appear as mail items.  WebDAV and
> HTTP Keep Alives are enabled.  Any other suggestions to correct the problem?

This is a limitation in the current version of Entourage.

See <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq/exchange_server.html#anchor-exup1>.

Note followups...there is an Entourage-specific newsgroup.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
adamb@lull.org | Finger/Web for PGP

How move contacts from ACT2000-to-Outlook2003BCM?
Am using ACT2000 (ACT Ver 5.0.4.495) on WinXP PC with soon-to-be installed Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager (PC currently only has Outlook 2002). I wondered what the BEST way is to move my ACT contacts, along with ALL notes, emails, and anything else to Outlook 2003. (The last part is key... *WITH* all notes, emails, etc.) I went through contacts in ACT and thinned back to a database of only about 100 that I'd like to keep and therefore need to transfer to Outlook 2003. If necessary, I cut copy/paste the text of the notes and emails, once the contacts are in Outlook, but of cou...

creating fax cover sheet for contact
I want to create a fax cover sheet from a contact, I open the contact and I go to actions menu and I choose New Letter to contact. The problem is I need a fax cover NOT a letter, I can not find where to change the templates. Will appreciate any help. Jacob Two options: 1. Create a custom document that will appear in the New Letters to Contact dialog. For your custom letter template to appear in the list of Page Designs in the Microsoft Word Letter Wizard, the letter templates you create must be saved in the "Letters & Faxes folder Word 97) or the Templates\1033 folder (Word 20...

Sharing Contacts and Calendars in Outlook 2000
We have a small peer to peer network of 3 PC's in my office. One is running Windows 98 and the other 2 are running Windows 2000 Professional. All three have Office 2000 Professional. I am using Outlook but I want others in the office to use it also and be able to share contacts and calendars etc. How do I make that happen? http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm should help. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching ...

receipient at sent items is not being displayed.
how can i know the receipient at "TO:" at the sent items if it is not being displayed. i tried to click the reply all to check if it will appear at the To: but only my name was there. hope anybody could help me about this problem. Thanks.. What version of Outlook are you using. Also are you referring to when you view your Sent items folder there is not a "column" there showing the TO" Field. If this is the situation then you may just need to add that field to your view. The steps you take depend on the version of Outlook you are using but you should be abl...

Number of Items in an Array.
Hi, How do I find out the number of items in an array, so that I can loop check the values in the array with the incoming data. Dim Users as Variant Dim NumValues, Counter as Integer Users = Array("Bob","Fred") NumValues = Users For Counter = 0 to NumValues CheckUser = Users(Counter) If CheckUser = IncomingUser then Print "Cool" - okay this is just pseudo code. Else Print "Not Cool" End If next Cheers Craig. Hi NumValues = ubound(Users) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Craig & Co. wrote: > Hi, ...

Money signs appear in my Cell and I don't want them there
Im trying to enter the numbers 2.9 in cell like AD and it turns it into $2.90. That is not what I need, how do I stop that? Format as General instead of currency -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "kate" <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9EEA936-437C-486F-A2D3-2385EF6BD2D0@microsoft.com... > Im trying to enter the numbers 2.9 in cell like AD and it turns it into > $2.90. That is not what I need, how do I stop that? ...

e mail
messages in my inbox keep defaulting once read into my deleted, my inbox has no messages in once read Are they actually being moved to the Deleted Items folder? My guess is that you have set your view to show unread item only. Use the View menu to set your view back to the Messages view or reset the Messages view. See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/322 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real Wor...

Retrieve deleted mail
I have been sorting my e-mail into individual folders - and when I went to my sent files everything has been deleted - what happened? and can I get the sent items back? I really need the messages for reference. What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Jim <jhooker@slossrealestate.com> asked: | I have been sorting my e-mail into individual folders - | and when I went to my sent f...

How To Export All Contact Fields?
Outlook 2007 You can create custom fields in Contacts but there does not seem to be a way to export the data in them. I tried exporting and walk through the mapping process -- even scrolling through the data -- and the custom fields do not show up. Of course the exported file does not contain them. Is there some way to export all of the data in contacts without write a program to walk the contact objects? You cannot import or export custom fields - it is not an option with Outlook. You can write code to do this - see http://www.outlookcode.com for starters. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Date prompt appearing twice due to chart in report
Hi All, I am creating a report based on a query. I have a prompt to ask for the Beginning Date and the Ending Date. When I run the query I get the correct results. I also get the correct results when I run the report. However, I have just added a pie chart in my report footer, and because of this, I am always forced to enter the beginning and ending dates twice when running the report. What do I need to do to make the prompt only appear 1 time for each date? Thank you! decklun The prompt appears each time Access needs to run the query. Once for the report and a second time for ...

white text appearance when control is clicked
Working with Access 2003 and XP. I have a white form with a dark colored header. I placed a transparent control (with the company name) in the header and formatted the text to be white. It looks great, but I want users to be able to click in the control to execute a search function on the organization name. When you click in the control, you get white text on a white background. Even after searching, the cursor stays in the field and you can't see the company name. Is there anyway to turn the background of the activated control to any other color than white? Thanks, Ruth On Jun 20, 12:...

Cannot send e-mail with attachments
I have Exchange 5.5 sp4 Lately I found that there is a problem to send e-mail messages with attachments. When I add attachment and click send, I get warning from microsoft Word 'Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer' and baloon message which says 'Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server servername.domain' Is this Exchange problem or network? What kind of connection (LAN, WAN, dial-up, bandwidth, latency) do you have between client (what version of Outlook) and server? katze wrote: > I have Exch...

Synchronizing Item DB between POS and backoffice
In my backoffice i use a copy of my POS item database. I mainly use it to print mass labels and to process my online orders. This database is not connected in any way to the POS database. What I would like to do is to synchronize the items table between POS and backoffice. I just would like to get all new or updated items from the POS maybe once a week, or whenever i know i made changes to the POS items table. Is there an easy way to get this done? I don't want to just restore an entire backup as I would loose my online order payment processing. Both systems are on RMS 2.0 latest s...

POP connector
Hi, I'm a total newbee to Exchange! I've just installed SBS 2003 and configured the POP3 Connector in Exchange to retrieve mail messages from the POP mailbox to my Exchange mailbox. Everything works fine besides that all mail messages get the date from synhronization in stead of the actual mail message date. Can this be configured so the date of a mail message in the Exchange mailbox is the same as the actual date of the mail message in the POP mailbox? Thx, Dennieku On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 08:13:50 +0200, "Dennieku" <dennieku@hotmail.com> hired a team of monkey...

forward all mail in the mailbox
We have a rather high turn over rate where I work and I find that most of the time the dept head wants all of the email in the terminated persons mailbox. I have played around with a few different options and was just looking for your input on some ways to do it. currently I find that the best way is to give myself permission to the mailbox and load it in Outlook and forward them as needed but that seems to be a bit of a pain to me. Thanks for any suggestions. Justin use exmerge.exe to make a copy of the mailbox to a pst file...then the department head can mount the pst as a perso...

Cant use word as e-mail editor
If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, I get following message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." I de- and re-installed Office XP complete but issue is still occuring. If you open Word, normally, does it run? >-----Original Message----- >If I check Word as e-mail editor in Outlook options, >I get following message: "This form requires Word as your >e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be >found. The form will be open...

can I forward mail without opening/viewing?
I know that sounds like a weird question, but my ISP invites users to forward spam to a special mailboxes in their never-ending (heh) effort to reduce the flow of the junk. With Outlook, I cannot figure out how to forward a message without its opening up for viewing. This is exactly what I don't want to do, because if it's html I really don't want to validate my email address. TIA Jason -- reverse my name in email address Jason, What you would have to do is create "rules" to do this, which you can set Outlook to if it receives a certain criteria, it can say FWD ...

CRM 1.2 Workflow e-mail
I created a workflow and e-mail that triggers when a Case is assigned a certain status. I used slugs to insert field data into the e-mail. I have two questions 1. Can I display the date on for the following. Currently the data and time display as in the example provided: &incident.createdon; Currently displays = 2006-03-07T17:35:29Z Desired Change = 2006-03-07 2. I am unable to return the First and Last Name of the Case Owner. I attempted to use the following: &systemuser.FirstName; &systemuser.LastName; I also tried: &systemuser.firstname; &systemuser.last...

"Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is dimmed
We are running Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003. A user recently got married and her AD account was updated to reflect the name change. Since that time, she is no longer able to browse a public contact folder she had previously marked to show as an e-mail address book. She can view it and browse it via Outlook directly with no trouble, but cannot access it via the address book. The option to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is grayed out, preventing her from re-enabling this much-needed feature, and I can't figure out why. I verified her membership in the secu...

Outgoing Mail
Whenever I send out email, the prompt at the bottom right of my screen says "Connecting", then "Sending mail ...". It then immediately repeats the process. The recipient always receives two copies of my email. I am not a sophisticated user. I probably just have a simple setting wrong, but I do not believe I changed anything from the initial default settings. I am using Windows Vista Home Basic. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? -- Rod Uninstall your anti virus software, reboot, retest "Rod" <Rod@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Prevent internal mail from leaving the organisation
We have multiple Exchage 2003 SP2 sites that send mail through a bridghead server with an smtp connector pointing to a smart host(our firewall). When a site goes down and routing connectivity is lost, the bridgehead server sends mail to the smart host which sends it back to the bridgehead which sends it back to the smart host etc etc... this results in an NDR "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers" and the mail is bounced after 50 mins. The problem is a site may be down for a day and messages are being bounced after 50 mins. How d...

IMF
I have a strange problem. Messages are getting moved to the Junk E-mail folder even though they have a rating of 1. Even though both settings in IMF on Exchange are set to 8. This is happening on messages that I have sent to myself from my personal mailbox which I know are not marked as spam in Outlook. It even happens on some messages that are from internal senders. This really makes me worry. Frankie - Have you restarted the Information Store since loading up the IMF? This is required for the threshold setting to be read from the AD (where it is stored) and for proper store action...

Add a second linked contact to the account entity
Hi all, I try to add another linked contact to the account form (like primary contact) which is a invoice receiver. But when I try to create a relationship between account and contact I cannot select the contact entity but only my custom entities. Is this a known limitation? If yes, is there a workaround available? Any help is appreciated. On Mar 26, 8:44 am, "GrandiJoos" <grandijoos...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I try to add another linked contact to the account form (like primary > contact) which is a invoice receiver. But when I try to create a > rel...

Unexpected characters appear in Windows
Am running Windows Vista Home Premium, SP 1 with Windows Mail. Due to catastrophic hardware malfunctions I bought a new system with the new OS installed for about two days. Thus far, only Windows Mail shows this problem. If I go to use end bracket for example (>) - something I like to use when quoting back replies - it appears only as a period (.) Question marks (?) come up as some kind of French letter with an accent. All of the things associated with shift+"x" seem to be fouled ... A multitude of other characters are also wrong but I think only highlighting...

ID Checker~Item Messages & Locking???
Would it be possible for anyone to write a quick command to lock the Item Messages Dialog, so that when it is displayed, when someone scans another item, the box does not disapeer? For example when a product does not scan (not in the system), a dialog box stays up, so even if the employee scans 3 more items, nothing beyond the item without a code is scanned, and the error box is still up. How Much am I looking at for something like this? -- Thank You Vince :) Just off the top of my head, I think you are looking at a total rewrite of the RMS User Interface, so several boatloads of c...