changing normal template

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I have read the entries on changing the normal template in Word. No matter how I do it (via the formal Help menu, which says go to "Format", "Font", [make change--I changed the font from Cambria to Palatino], click "Default") or via all the suggestions at <http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Office/445/0> I end up with this problem: when I quit Word, I get this message: "A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted and not defective. (Normal.dotm)". After that, I am asked to save a new "normal" template but it will not--never--save the change. When I restart Word 2008 it never contains any of the saves I've made. Absolutely maddening! Suggestions?
0
crimemon (2)

> I have read the entries on changing the normal template in Word. No matter how I do it (via the formal Help menu, which says go to "Format", "Font", [make change--I changed the font from Cambria to Palatino], click "Default") or via all the suggestions at <http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Office/445/0> I end up with this problem: when I quit Word, I get this message: "A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted and not defective. (Normal.dotm)". After that, I am asked to save a new "normal" template but it will not--never--save the change. When I restart Word 2008 it never contains any of the saves I've made. Absolutely maddening! Suggestions?

Okay, I solved this problem, thanks to a friend who saw it on another forum. Basically, you have to first trash _all_ the "Normal" templates. Close Word and then trash one in user account/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Office/User Templates/Normal.dotm. I did that previously, but not this: The one I failed to throw away and that solved my problem was to throw away this one: user account/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Normal
0
crimemon (2)

e mail error, changes apostrophe to square
If I use an apostrophe, for example she's, using the default composing editor (word) when it goes to the outbox it changes the apostrophe to a square. Any help here? What message encoding are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ron asked: | If I use an apostrophe, for example she's, using the | default composing editor (word) when it ...

Change Header/Footer w/ Worksheet Option Buttons
I have a workbook named QUOTES that uses a referenced add-in workbook named Add-In which contains all code to manipulate QUOTES. I have 2 option buttons on Sheet1 in QUOTES. One named optAdTech and the other optFormetco. These option buttons represent two different companies. I need to change the Header and Footer information to whichever company option button is true when the quote is printed in the BeforePrint Event in QUOTES. What is the best way to do this? Note: Left Header is company logo, Right Header is company address, Center Footer is text. Would it be possi...

change default language in spell check
I have recently purchased an Acer Aspire One netbook which came preinstalled with outlook express. When I try to send an email the spell check assumes I am writing in French and when I go to the tools/options/spelling feature, the only language I can choose is French - there is no other option in the drop down box. Has anyone had a similar problem/know of a solution. Outlook Express is a different product from Outlook. Post your query in microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general -- TedMi "8892mg" wrote: > I have recently purchased an Acer Aspire One netbook which came pr...

Save Button
For save or save related button, Floppy symbol is used. Since Floppy is obsolete now, this symbol can be changed. Because new generation people don't know about Flobby. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...

Can I Change the Windows Cursor in Dexterity form?
Hi I need to change the mouse cursor(wait cursor) in dexterity window. Is it possible through dex tool? Regards Jeganee Jeganeedhi, Look at the Dexterity Cursor_Set function. Warner "Jeganeedhi" wrote: > Hi > > I need to change the mouse cursor(wait cursor) in dexterity window. Is it > possible through dex tool? > > Regards > Jeganee Cursor_Set is an undocumented Dex function. The following are the parameters needed for the function to display different cursors. CURSOR_WAIT = 1 CURSOR_ARROW = 0 CURSOR_CHECK = 4 CURSOR_CROSS = 5 CURSOR_GLASS = 8...

formula will not work, has changed or disappeared
A friend who works at a car dealership has asked me for some help with an excel file he is trying to use. The file has 8 sheet, of which 4 are for data input ( new cars, used, commercial and other) and 4 are summary information sheet ( daily report, summary, vehicle count, manager report.) They have a file with no data in it, which they use as a template on the first of each month, using "save as", and the month/yr name. They have used this system for several years, but of late, several thing are going wrong. Some formulas just don�t work. i.e. =countif(G19,"van") wi...

where's the "encoding" button for changing the language?
where's the "encoding" button for changing the language? i dont know how to do in this microsoft office outlook 2003. i want read some mail in chinese . ...

possible to create new doc with no template colors?
Hi. When sending a publisher 2007 document to the printer upon opening at the Printer's workplace, Publisher substitutes colors from a template color theme changing all the colors I assigned to the document. A staffer originally created the document from a template and then changed some colors on the page, which seems to be the problem. Is there a way to get rid of the template color info? Also, is there any way to create a new, blank document in publisher that does not have any template colors applied to it? I simple cannot see how to create a new blank document as in the...

How do I find a template for round stickers Avery 8293?
I want to make stickers using Avery 8293 round lables, but they are not listed in Publisher. Will someone please tell me if I can enter in the code or something so Publisher will recognize them. Thanks. No, you'll have to lay them out manually. There are a few misc templates at http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=38 but not that specific one. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "ellida_s" <ellida_s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6F75B0B-D9E4-4E8B-B759-0AC0...

Account statment having no accept change button
When I am trying to download the statement, it directly coming into my account and marked as E. I am not sure, what's happening. It just happening for one bank account. Other credit card and bank account, statment are coming with the accept change button. I am just worried, why the same is not happening for my one bank account. I tried global setting, online setting, still no help. Please help me, because money 2005 is not able to match the transaction, so I want to match those. It's a known issue. There are now two types of synchronization that Money is capable of performi...

How to change smtp port on Exchange 2003
Hi guys, Very simple question, I have an exchange 2003 box at the office and imap and pop3 are set up correctly. I have Cox at home, I can connect to my exchange at work via pop3 or imap to grab mail but cannot send. Cox has blocked port 25 going out. Question is how or what should I configure on my Exchange box to allow me around this? I want to change smtp to port 23456 like my last employer did on their exchange box as well. Can someone help? Thanks. On 3/27/06 2:21 AM Ian McKellan wrote: > Hi guys, > Very simple question, I have an exchange 2003 box at the office and > ...

Create Batch file for laptops to copy templates
Hi Everyone, I am new to batch file programming and need an expert help to find out something. I want to create a batch file that runs at login and compares a local copy of the templates to what we have on the network. We have templates on a mapped network drive in h:\clients\templates, and on the laptop in c:\apps\data\clients\templates. When the laptop is offline it substitutes c:\apps\data to appear as h: drive, that way the files appear to be in h:\clients\templates. Here’s the basic steps what I need the batch file for: 1. first it checks to see if the computer is on th...

Outlook 2007 won't open normal or in safe mode-Crashing
I have Outlook 2007 on a 64-bit windows vista computer. Outlook had been working fine for 5 months and then one day it won't work anymore. I've tried safe mode, detect & repair, un-install, and office updates. I can't even get into any part of Outlook...it crash immediately. It could be one of your Add Ons causing this issue Does Outlook work if you disable your Add Ons -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "jrpgas" <jrpgas@discussions.microsoft.com...

changing message reply
When sending an email through Outlook, I want to use Comcast as my out going mail server and AOL as my incoming mail server. Can I set that up through Outlook? ...

CHANGE DATA SERIES WITH A COMMAND BUTTON
A B C D E F 1 Ray 1 3 5 7 9 11 2 Maureen 2 4 6 8 10 12 3 Sharon 3 5 7 9 11 13 4 Tim 4 6 8 10 12 14 5 Katie 5 7 9 11 13 15 6 Carl 6 8 10 12 14 16 The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the particular person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be done by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mi...

Change Excel #N/A to 0 display
I'm looking for a way to change the display of #N/A to 0 (zero) in the worksheet display on screen. I can do it with Paste Special/Values, then Find and Replace, but I lose the cell's formula content. Maybe adjusting your formula: =if(iserror(yourformula),0,yourformula) or more specific: =if(isna(yourformula),0,yourformula) would be the better way to go. PYoung wrote: > > I'm looking for a way to change the display of #N/A to 0 (zero) in the > worksheet display on screen. I can do it with Paste Special/Values, > then Find and Replace, but I lose the cell's fo...

change picture without changing text templete
In publisher: I have a piece with text boxes. The entire background of the piece is a picture. I want to change the picture and keep the text in place. Each time I import a picture it covers the text. Move the picture behind the text or move the text in front of the picture. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "George Walters" <GeorgeWalters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E16BC4B1-5351-40D5-B89F-7EEED316CD3B@microsoft.com... > In publisher: I have a piece with text boxes. The entire background of the > piece is a picture. I want to change...

How do I change a column label to call it what I want ?
Using Excel 2002 I want to change any column label to what I want it to be. ie; instead of column A B C or D I want to rename them to, day - customer - mileage - route - etc. ? I can not find this information in the help menu or the web site for some odd reason. Thank you for your help. Stardust, you can not change the labels, you can put your own in row one and then select a cell like A2 and go to windows freeze panes and that row will stay at the top when you scroll -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can be...

Toshiba lap top how to change " to @ on keyboard
The " and the @ buttons are inter changed - how do I revert them Make sure that you have the correct keyboard language (input language) selected in Windows Control Panel. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Qasim" <Qasim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E9DB10D-936A-42A4-8DBA-E7CF126DB515@microsoft.com... > The " and the @ buttons are inter changed - how do I revert them Those are the main differences between an English US and an English UK keyboard layout (the " is on the 2 key in the UK layout). Check in the Con...

Graph a normal distribution chart?
I am having trouble graphing the percentage to the bell curve shape. Can anyone help? Thanks. "Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FE51378-26D1-4858-92BD-A3FFC1E95861@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble graphing the percentage to the bell curve shape. Can > anyone help? Thanks. If you're looking for the density function for the normal distribution, try =(EXP(-POWER(A2,2)/2))/SQRT(2*PI()) and scale appropriately. If you're looking for the cumulative, try =NORMSDIST(A2) -- David Biddulph is the normal distribution cu...

Control reciepient list in email template from Workflow rule?
Does anyone know howto control the reciepient list in email templates sent from a workflow rule? //Martin Hoegsted ...

Text color changing for a Tree Control Item
Hello Friends, I want to change the text color of an item present in a Tree control at the run time depending upon some value. For example I am having a boolean variable bool bValid = false; I want set the item text color to red whenever bValid == true; How can this be done? Please help me. thanks in Advance. Neelesh K J Jain. -- Quality is not an accident. Its the outcome of SmartWork How about this: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/treeview/misc-advanced/article.php/c633/ AliR. "Neelesh K J Jain" <NeeleshKJJain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

GL Integration and change Rate Type ID
I want integration manager to select Currency ID, Rate Type ID from my source file and use the default Exchange Rate from the Exchange Rate Table. But I get this ERROR: Field 'Exchange Rate. Exchange Rate' does not have a default value In the Exchange Rate collection, make sure your Record Source rule is set to 'Use Field Rules'. If your GP system is setup properly, then IM should be able to pull the correct exchange rate based on the exchange table. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalb...

"change a value axis to a catagory axis"
I have a chart that when I first graphed it automatically when to a value axis. I need the axis to be a catagory axis. Any suggestions on changing this. The graph is fairly complex so I really don't want to regraph the file. Rita - Right click on the chart, select Chart Type from the pop up menu, and choose a Line chart. You might experiment on a copy of the chart, in case the results are not what you expected. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ Rita wrote: > I have a chart that when I first ...

templates
I'm looking for a set of Office OSX business card templates for download. Any ideas? ...