changing font i word

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

no matter what I do (normal.dot styles etc) to change the default font (to verdana or anything else) in word it's change back to times new roman. What should I do ??
0
Spot1 (2)

How do I make changes on my home page apply to all pages
I am trying to change my home page to the format that I want. I would like for this to apply to all pages rather than go into all 10 of them one by one. How do I do this?? HELP!!! ...

trying to import a template from word, to publisher
I downloaded the template I need, to word. My project is in publisher.Not sure what to do Either look for a similar template suitable for Publisher or spend a fun few minutes creating one.. -- Mike Hall MVP - Windows Shell/user http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm "gettingdizzy" <gettingdizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7BF85C3-E200-4189-8EFF-9287E1950603@microsoft.com... >I downloaded the template I need, to word. My project is in publisher.Not > sure what to do > Or copy, paste... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ htt...

Opening a selected file in Word from MFC app
Hi all, I've a simple app in which the user can select a file from a list. Then I want to open that file, using Word (as it's a Word document). Nothing too scary, but it's got me stumped. I've tried various samples & examples (automation et al) but have got nowhere. It seems to me that if I can simulate the behaviour of the "Run" box (from the Start-> prompt) then I should be able to just throw the file name at it (similar to double-clicking in Explorer) and all will be well. However, nothing works so far. Has anyone out there any advice for me (aside from...

Lock the number of pages in a word Doc
Hi, I really need some help, quick :-) I have built a Word doc in Office 2003, I have managed to to built different headers on different pages. BUT! I need to look the document to 4 pages, how? I don't won't page number 5, just 4 pages thats it.... Thank you!!!! So what do you want Word to do if you (or someone else) put more than 4 pages worth of text and graphics in the document? The usual way to do this is to use tables with fixed row heights to create a layout that won't change. If more text is typed or pasted into a cell than will fit within the fi...

Outlook 2003 hangs using Word as Editor
I've discovered when Word is used as Outlook 2003 editor it cause Outlook to hang when I reply to email. As soon as I remove Word a editor the problem goes away. I created a signature using a pictur with Word as editor and I would like to use this signature but canno due to this problem. Is this a bug and has Microsoft addresed it? Any help appreciated! Thanks, Ralp -- ralphf926Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Are you using Word 2003? Versions must match to use Word as editor. Why not create the signature in Outlook instead? Perhaps the picture you are using is causing the prob...

Change in the Way Word is Printing envelopes and Label
Recently I allowed some updates to my computer and my Word program has not been working right since then. The labels are not printing correctly they are now backward and the envelopes print the address backward. Is there some sitting that has been changed or what? -- Charley ...

Copying numbers from Excel to Word
Hi, I have numbers in Excel formated in Hebrew font Narkisim.When I copy them from Excel to Word (2003 and 2007) it converts the numbres to Times New Roman and force them to be formated as ENGLISH charachters instead of HEBREW. Is it a bug? Thank you, Tamir :-) __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4762 (20100111) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Hi Tamir, If you paste the numbers into a Word range formatted with the Narkisim font, I'd expect them to retain ...

print in word not possible
hi everyone... i have my problems with microsoft word. when i want to print a doc, my word quit everytime. work with Mac osx 10.2.8, office x power pc g4 466 mhz 1.25 gb ram and i print with a hp deskjet 3820 thanx for your help.....greez rupi You definitely need to download and install the latest Office X updates, which are 10.1.2, 10.1.4, and 10.1.5 (10.1.3 is unnecessary). They�re available from Microsoft. Simply applying them all might fix the problem. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx#OfficeX> If that doesn't help, try repairing permissions. For OS 10.2....

change order sequence at the data populate on the grid
At the select purchase order item (purchase order - receiving transaction entry - click on the auto receiving button) , currently the data at the grid is order by PO No, can i change the order sequence according to the location? ...

How can I change the color of negative bubble in bubble chart
I find it impossible to change the color of negative bubble into any color other than the default white. Could anyone tell me how to change, or it is not changable? Thanks! Double click on the series, on the Patterns tab, click Fill Effects, on the Gradient tab, choose the Two Colors option, then select what you want for color 2 (color 1 is what you already selected for the series color). Click OK, then on the Patterns tab, select again the color you want for the positive bubbles (wiping out the gradient in the Sample box). Click OK. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutori...

Publisher is more limited at DTP than Word, therefore Publisher should be scrapped. Discuss.
This is today's topic. I'm currently embroiled in an argument over in one of the Windows XP groups with some moron who fervently believes the above (which is a direct quote so I apologise in advance for the poor grammar). I have argued my case, but I'm obviously not getting through. What I'm really after is a list of all the things that one can do in Publisher that cannot possibly be accomplished in Word (or at least not without great difficulty). I'll leave you with his parting shot. "Publisher allows untrained people to generate substandard work, that looks OK if on...

> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3164867943_529260 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I have a problem whereby in Word, I do not have permission to change the templates at all because I �do not have permission� As a result, I always have to manually change the default from US letter to A4 whenever I create a new document in Word. This is something I have got used to doing now but it would make my life a whole lot easier if I co...

Transferring from Publisher to Word
Good Morning, I have spent the morning trying to find a way to do this, and can find similar methods, but none that will keep all of the features of my document intact. We have a newsletter that needs to be sent via email, (hence it's publisher existence) and also attached as a document that can be printed in word. Within the document there are text boxes, images and links. All of the ways that I have tried to do this including copying and pasting as a metafile, saving as a word document, etc. do not maintain all of the source information. Does anyone know of another way to d...

Excel
I am trying to have 1 of 8 different macro's run depending on the value of a specific cell. If I enter 1 in cell A3, I would like macro1 to run. If I change cell A3 to 2, I would like macro2 to run and so on all the way up to entering 8 and getting macro8 to run. I am unable to find any good examples of how to do this. I realize I will probably have to use Worksheet Event to do this but what is the macro code I will need. Right click the sheet tab and select veiw code. Paste the following: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) With Target If .Addre...

Change Time in a Cell from [hh]:mm to decimal value ie 16:45
Here lies the problem. I'm cheap, I want to be paid for every minute that I work, I do the time cards for work and I'm using Excel to perform the functions. I have no problem with adding and subtracting the times in single cells or totalling all of the time. If I come up with a person having 47 hours and 13 minutes how do I get Excel to convert 47:13 to 47.22 so that I can then multiply the 40 by hourly rate and the 7.22 by 1.5 the hourly rate ? -- Thank You, God Speed, and Semper Fidelis Hi! This all depends on how you have things setup. To convert 47:13 to 47.22 just mu...

How do I change measurments in Page Setup
Margin settings are currently in points. I want them to be in inches. I've tried the instructions in Word 2003 Help. I change the settings and click the Default button as instructed. But, the settings revert back to the pt measurement. What you are seeing could be character units rather than points. Take a look at http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:451E72C4-14E1-4364-8D5E-DA1B8E12B2E2@microsoft.com... > Margin sett...

Worksheet shakes like Rock n' Roll
How can I run my format keeping code for that particular cell I make a change in? The excel applcation should allow users to copy and paste as they use to do, without ruin the code. An ordinary format coditioning wont work because of past commands. Paste sweep it away... I tried with a code creating format conditioning rules with For ....Step 1 ... Next for all cells, running at Sub Worksheet_Change, but it shakes like rock and roll every time you make a change. I just want to make a check in the cell to the left (A:A) for that specific row the change took place (B:B), if that is possible....

worksheet change question 04-02-10
I want to be able to enter a time, using "." instead of ":", so that when I enter the number, then press "Enter", the number changes from, say, 13.27.33 to 13:27:33. But I am having to reselect the cell to get it to change. What is wrong with my code? Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Selection.Replace What:=".", Replacement:=":", LookAt:=xlPart, _ SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False, _ ReplaceFormat:=False Selection.NumberFormat = "h:mm:ss" End Su...

How to convert FIGURES in one column to WORDS in another column?
I want to get the amounts put in one column in "Figures" to appear it in another column in "Words" . Is it possible in Excel ? See below to have a clear idea about what I am saying. Example- USD:1,013,566.38 (in Column A) to Appear As "USD:One Million Thirteen Thousand Five Hundred Sixty-six & Cents Thirty-eight only" Please Guide, if anybody can. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Shashank Virkar" <Shashank Virkar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:282246B7-52DA-44BB-991...

Type mismatch error when opening word doc using automation
I get a Type Mismatch error when trying to open word file by using automation. I am using msword.h header from Office 2007 and compiling with VC++ 6.0. CoInitialize(0); _Application oWord ; Documents oDocs; _Document oDoc; COleVariant vOpt(DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND, VT_ERROR); //For optional args //Start Word if(!(oWord.CreateDispatch("Word.Application", NULL))) { AfxMessageBox("Error starting Word.", MB_SETFOREGROUND); return 0; } //Open a document oDocs = oWord.GetDocuments(); //error happens on this line oDoc = oDocs.Open(COleVariant("C:\\PROJECTS\\RRD_OFFIC...

Change contour plot
Hi folks. This is (hopefully!) a simple this to answer... I've got a contour plot, and the contour lines are too are apart. How do I change the scale on the Z-axis to fix this? (Also, I presume there's a way to change the number formatting on the legend. I can change the formatting on the X- and Y-axies, but not on the legend display.) Thanks. On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:19:17 -0000, Invisible <dev@null.domain.net> wrot= e: > This is (hopefully!) a simple this to answer... I've got a contour plo= t, = > and > the contour lines are too are apart. How do I change the ...

Change "Account" to "Company" in Navigation pane
Ok, what am I missing here. We don't want to call companies "Accounts". So I went and changed the "Account" Entity "Name" field to "Company" (and the corresponding plural name to "Companies". However, in the navigation pane, it still shows up as "Accounts". What am I doing wrong? Do I need to edit the site map for this? Thanks, Elie Wildman. After you changed the name of the entity to Company/Companies, did you publish the changes? After you publish, you might have to refresh the page to see the changes. I have been able...

Charts that don't change size
I have 2 charts on a sheet, each representing different data, one on top of the other. I would like the plot areas to line up with each other. I can do this easily with no data, but when data is added, one will be bigger or smaller than the other. There is new data added every month and no matter how hard I try to keep them aligned, they just keep changing sizes!! The chart is not the problem, it's just the plot area. Is there a way to lock the plot area size, whether there is data in it or not? Thanks I think -- but I am not sure -- you could write a macro that aligns the plot areas. ...

Where did Word and Works newsgroups go?
Anyway I believe this is a Windows XP problem dealing with MS Word 2000. When I copy into Word 2000 from like IE6, Word will quit working with the clipboard. Closing Word and reopening it will make it start working once again. About a year ago, I was testing a number of XP systems and stopped updating Windows. This worked so well on my test machines that I stopped all of the rest of them. So nowadays I only get hotfixes that actually fix a problem that I am having. Although this one computer I restored from the Recovery CD just last week. And there are no new updates on it ...

Repeated Word crashes